Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Jul 19, 2019 2:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 07, 2006 6:16 pm
Posts: 13948
If Akpeyi was as bad as portrayed, why was he the starting keeper for Chippa for seasons 15/16, 16/17, 17/18? Then transferred to one of the biggest club in the land?

Do they promote rubbish in South Africa or are we seeing exaggerations of his faults? Mass hysteria perhaps.

From what I have seen, that guy is not that good but definitely not as bad as portrayed here or by some fans.

_________________
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."

You either die as a good poster, or live long enough to become the troll.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:09 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 27, 2003 6:41 am
Posts: 38223
Location: Land of the Terrapins
Cito wrote:
If Akpeyi was as bad as portrayed, why was he the starting keeper for Chippa for seasons 15/16, 16/17, 17/18? Then transferred to one of the biggest club in the land?

Do they promote rubbish in South Africa or are we seeing exaggerations of his faults? Mass hysteria perhaps.

From what I have seen, that guy is not that good but definitely not as bad as portrayed here or by some fans.


His issue seemed to be psychological but if he can focus like yesterday he’ll be fine.

_________________
Super Eagus 4 Life!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:07 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42087
Location: Pennsylvania
#hewholaughslastlaughsbest

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:27 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9394
Location: loughborough.
maceo4 wrote:
His issue seemed to be psychological but if he can focus like yesterday he’ll be fine.

That's always being my stance, he needs a psychologist or he can have 'mock match practice' before each game.

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:52 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:58 pm
Posts: 80506
Location: Earth
Even the goal scored by var, was Akpey's fault...his position was horrible before the set piece..he was miles away from the goal line, and he went right to the far post, and straight on to his knees...

_________________
SuperEagles

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:54 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38150
Location: Eagles' Nest
green4life wrote:
#hewholaughslastlaughsbest

#kpomkwem #factnotfeelings #shortandsimple

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:55 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 2:01 am
Posts: 38150
Location: Eagles' Nest
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Even the goal scored by var, was Akpey's fault...his position was horrible before the set piece..he was miles away from the goal line, and he went right to the far post, and straight on to his knees...

You are not a serious person...You are blaming the goalkeeper for a free header? Really?

_________________
Image
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:08 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12121
Robbynice wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Even the goal scored by var, was Akpey's fault...his position was horrible before the set piece..he was miles away from the goal line, and he went right to the far post, and straight on to his knees...

You are not a serious person...You are blaming the goalkeeper for a free header? Really?


Go and ask Uncle Oga Cellular to explain it to you, Sir.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:20 pm 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 5:04 pm
Posts: 44993
How did this work out for the Kaiser Chiefs fans?

_________________
Image

The Lord is my Shephard. I shall not be in want.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 9:35 pm
Posts: 5444
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Even the goal scored by var, was Akpey's fault...his position was horrible before the set piece..he was miles away from the goal line, and he went right to the far post, and straight on to his knees...


Pokey, TBH, headers have got to be the most difficult shot to save. Anyone who played in goal will tell you. Before you could react, the ball sails past you.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 1naija, adebisy, EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA, olu and 24 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group