Alexander Iwobi

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Cally
Egg
Egg
Alexander Iwobi

Post by Cally »

This young man continues to be a polarizing figure among fans, and due to his tendency to keep things fast and simple, people tend to notice his mistakes more than his far more creditable plays.

Is it not time to give Iwobi the credit he deserves? Watch this game again and see how many key forward passes this young man made today, helping Musa kill his marker time after time. You will still see people refuse to cut him any slack once he makes the next mistake.

Alex Iwobi, take a bow, son! Well played.
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Alexander Iwobi

Post by john12 »

He had a good game today. His issue with many SE fans are 1) Laziness 2) turnovers 3) end touch once he settles all 3 he will be a legend
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

My sense is that Iwobi's best position is as a 2nd striker that plays behind the center forward. He doesnt have the composure to be a playmaker. He's the best we've got now so we'll live with it, but if someone like Iwobi can support a true center forward foil, he'd be devastating.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

john12 wrote:He had a good game today. His issue with many SE fans are 1) Laziness 2) turnovers 3) end touch once he settles all 3 he will be a legend
Oh please! Laziness? Let the people talking about laziness enter the field and show us how energetic they are. These are all well-rehearsed cliches that people have held onto even when the game shows otherwise.

Not saying Iwobi is perfect...no player is. But see how you gave him credit with one line, and used 3 lines to point out his flaws. Do you the same with other players?

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Do you hear people ever call etebo or ndidi lazy?? Every player has his strength and weakness and it’s upnto that player to figure out a way to help or mitigate his weakness and become great
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Iwobinho baller :thumbs: :thumbs: , can change a game at anytime with a goal, assist, pre-assist thus rohr must keep him in the first 11 until the game is kinda won.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

john12 wrote:Do you hear people ever call etebo or ndidi lazy?? Every player has his strength and weakness and it’s upnto that player to figure out a way to help or mitigate his weakness and become great
I expected you to come back with Etebo and Ndidi. Have you bothered to criticize them for failure to create chances during the game?

airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Laziness? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Apart from Ndidi and Etebo who are machines, this guy probably has the best lungs in the team. He has to work on his finishing and shooting. Laziness is not even remotely one of his problems.
Babalawo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Babalawo »

Iwobinho was my MOTM! That assist to Chukwueze was brilliant! He kept things simple today.
Last edited by Babalawo on Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter Obi For President 2023
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Call we’re agreeing on the same thing, no need to argue.
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

john12 wrote:Call we’re agreeing on the same thing, no need to argue.
:thumb:

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Iwobi has improved as the tournament wore on.

Solid performance.

He is getting more and more comfortable being the playmaker and he has cut down on his annoying turnovers.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

Iwobinho did okay, but when it comes to the Mom, there is only one shining light and he was in a beast mode throughout... His name is Ndidimadu... What an engine. Reminds me of a benz engine, hardwork and pleasure combined.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

dressing room go sweet wella wella! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Nkume
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Nkume »

Ojiogwu!

Thank you Papa Wenger!

Ntoor to all those useless Arsenal "fans" that want to yab this kid.
"Our enemies are the political profiteers, the swindlers, the men in high and low places that seek bribes and demand 10 percent; those that seek to keep the country divided permanently so that they can remain in office as ministers or VIPs at least, the tribalists, the nepotists, those that make the country look big for nothing before international circles, those that have corrupted our society and put the Nigerian political calendar back by their words and deeds." - Kaduna Nzeogwu
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Cellular wrote:Iwobi has improved as the tournament wore on.

Solid performance.

He is getting more and more comfortable being the playmaker and he has cut down on his annoying turnovers.
True! Playing in the central role has mad him more dangerous than when he was pushed out left in the first game
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

oloye wrote:Iwobinho did okay, but when it comes to the Mom, there is only one shining light and he was in a beast mode throughout... His name is Ndidimadu... What an engine. Reminds me of a benz engine, hardwork and pleasure combined.
:clap: :clap:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Cally wrote:
john12 wrote:He had a good game today. His issue with many SE fans are 1) Laziness 2) turnovers 3) end touch once he settles all 3 he will be a legend
Oh please! Laziness? Let the people talking about laziness enter the field and show us how energetic they are. These are all well-rehearsed cliches that people have held onto even when the game shows otherwise.

Not saying Iwobi is perfect...no player is. But see how you gave him credit with one line, and used 3 lines to point out his flaws. Do you the same with other players?
But if you criticize his pet he will abuse you but he can see the ‘flaws’ in other players.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Alex is our only viable AM and he’s getting better each game we should all get behind our boy, his confidence is growing!
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Cally
Egg
Egg

Post by Cally »

oloye wrote:Iwobinho did okay, but when it comes to the Mom, there is only one shining light and he was in a beast mode throughout... His name is Ndidimadu... What an engine. Reminds me of a benz engine, hardwork and pleasure combined.
Right, Oloye. That dude is a different beast. The guy does what he does so well that it's so refreshing. How isnt this guy being fought over by these top clubs? The dude and Etebo make me enjoy watching our SE.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Now this is the player that should wear the naija number s
10 shirt , when Mikel retires from International football in 2 weeks..

Also I hope Iwobi leaves the pathetic football club called assnal
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Igugu
Egg
Egg

Post by Igugu »

Any one saying anything uncomplimentary about Iwobi is either an embodiment of BADBELLE or ignorant of the game of football. This guy can ball! I love to watch him slice through the defense like Hot Knife through Butter.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Iwobinho what else could one say
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger