Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:32 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5723
Location: Here
Surely, this guy shouldn't still be playing for Stoke City next season, should he?

Did anyone see that free kick??? :shock:

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:58 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 20, 2005 4:08 pm
Posts: 11614
Location: seattle
NO na only watch the game. Why not open 11 threads one for every single player

_________________
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:00 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2278
underrated player, he and Simon Moses seem to be out free kick specialists, every free kick Etebo had taken have been quality so far (at least it seems that issue has been solved for the SE). I see him getting into a mid table EPL team soon... can't wait to see Azubuike join the mix(Ndidi, Etebo, Iwobi and Azubuike).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:21 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5723
Location: Here
jette1 wrote:
NO na only watch the game. Why not open 11 threads one for every single player



You are irrelevant.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:14 am 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 4:09 pm
Posts: 14988
Location: UK
Cally wrote:
Surely, this guy shouldn't still be playing for Stoke City next season, should he?

Did anyone see that free kick??? :shock:


I did not see the free kick. How was it?

_________________
Image

"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:25 am 
Online
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 26, 2005 6:29 pm
Posts: 3598
Free kick was excellent but my my my the guy is slow in transition. There a break one time 3 on 2 and Etebo waited until SA recovered with more men then passed backwards to Awazien. I was like damn bomb forward or at least put a threading pass to Musa on the left. Even Ndidi with poor ball skills at least attempts to bomb forward on a counter. Oh well, the SE will get there some day.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:40 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:53 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46594
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Cally wrote:
jette1 wrote:
NO na only watch the game. Why not open 11 threads one for every single player



You are irrelevant.


I kpom your post.

This is Eagles Nest. You are allowed to even open a thread discussing how he takes a throw in if you so wish.

Please, continue.

We are here to celebrate our players... not just to bash them.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46594
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.


Not true.

His problem is that he knows he is capable of doing much more and at times tries to do much more than is required.

But he and Ndidi have dominated every set of Mid-fielders they have faced. The only game he suffered was the game against Madagascar where Rohr asked him to carry two snails and a bag of cement.

There is more upside to his game than downside.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:39 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:33 pm
Posts: 8543
Cally wrote:
Surely, this guy shouldn't still be playing for Stoke City next season, should he?

Did anyone see that free kick??? :shock:

Aston Villa are interested in him

_________________
I am happy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:44 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5723
Location: Here
Cellular wrote:
Cally wrote:
jette1 wrote:
NO na only watch the game. Why not open 11 threads one for every single player



You are irrelevant.


I kpom your post.

This is Eagles Nest. You are allowed to even open a thread discussing how he takes a throw in if you so wish.

Please, continue.

We are here to celebrate our players... not just to bash them.



:clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:45 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5723
Location: Here
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.


Not true.

His problem is that he knows he is capable of doing much more and at times tries to do much more than is required.

But he and Ndidi have dominated every set of Mid-fielders they have faced. The only game he suffered was the game against Madagascar where Rohr asked him to carry two snails and a bag of cement.

There is more upside to his game than downside.


This....

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:36 pm
Posts: 291
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.


Not true.

His problem is that he knows he is capable of doing much more and at times tries to do much more than is required.

But he and Ndidi have dominated every set of Mid-fielders they have faced. The only game he suffered was the game against Madagascar where Rohr asked him to carry two snails and a bag of cement.

There is more upside to his game than downside.

This is wrong!! just so wrong :tic: :sneaky:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:43 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 7:22 pm
Posts: 5448
Location: Dallas/Houston, TX
Etebo Etebo Etebo.....

To me, he is a head-scratcher.

He is magnificent in the role next to Ndidi when we do not have the ball but he still has some massive tactical short comings.
When he sticks to man and goes in 1v1, he is top notch. When he is protecting a zone or an area, he is lost. When he is by passed, he has no clue where to drop and what areas to protect. Ndidi has all this and more.

On the ball, he is even more frustrating at times. His passing range is poor. His awareness can be better.

In spite of all this, he is an aggressive runner on the ball, has a more than decent first touch and packs a bullet in that right foot.

He can only get better.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:46 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 12:57 am
Posts: 5691
Location: Ajegunle
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.


Not true.

His problem is that he knows he is capable of doing much more and at times tries to do much more than is required.

But he and Ndidi have dominated every set of Mid-fielders they have faced. The only game he suffered was the game against Madagascar where Rohr asked him to carry two snails and a bag of cement.

There is more upside to his game than downside.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
WE ARE ALL TOGETHER!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:20 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12123
Ugbowo wrote:
Etebo Etebo Etebo.....

To me, he is a head-scratcher.

He is magnificent in the role next to Ndidi when we do not have the ball but he still has some massive tactical short comings.
When he sticks to man and goes in 1v1, he is top notch. When he is protecting a zone or an area, he is lost. When he is by passed, he has no clue where to drop and what areas to protect. Ndidi has all this and more.

On the ball, he is even more frustrating at times. His passing range is poor. His awareness can be better.

In spite of all this, he is an aggressive runner on the ball, has a more than decent first touch and packs a bullet in that right foot.

He can only get better.


Him and Ndidi are clashing a bit. Ndidi is not only a fantastic DM, but he is so much better when allowed to move around and sometimes join the attack-- the same role that Sarri wanted kante to play and the same role Alan plays for Napoli (at least under Sarri). However, So, Ndidi will show his best capacity when he is played with a regista or someone like Mikel who can "sit" and control things deeper. With Etebo, it seems Rohr is asking him to do the "sitting" and he is simply not the best at that--- it exposed him terribly against Madagascar. And if you remember, it cost him to make that stupid challenge before halftime that almost made Oloye curse him.

For me, its and Etebo or Ndidi and not both. Right now, with the squad we have, both have to play.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:20 am 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46594
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
danfo driver wrote:
Ugbowo wrote:
Etebo Etebo Etebo.....

To me, he is a head-scratcher.

He is magnificent in the role next to Ndidi when we do not have the ball but he still has some massive tactical short comings.
When he sticks to man and goes in 1v1, he is top notch. When he is protecting a zone or an area, he is lost. When he is by passed, he has no clue where to drop and what areas to protect. Ndidi has all this and more.

On the ball, he is even more frustrating at times. His passing range is poor. His awareness can be better.

In spite of all this, he is an aggressive runner on the ball, has a more than decent first touch and packs a bullet in that right foot.

He can only get better.


Him and Ndidi are clashing a bit. Ndidi is not only a fantastic DM, but he is so much better when allowed to move around and sometimes join the attack-- the same role that Sarri wanted kante to play and the same role Alan plays for Napoli (at least under Sarri). However, So, Ndidi will show his best capacity when he is played with a regista or someone like Mikel who can "sit" and control things deeper. With Etebo, it seems Rohr is asking him to do the "sitting" and he is simply not the best at that--- it exposed him terribly against Madagascar. And if you remember, it cost him to make that stupid challenge before halftime that almost made Oloye curse him.

For me, its and Etebo or Ndidi and not both. Right now, with the squad we have, both have to play.


:agree:

That tactical discipline will have to come or he will chop bench at a better club where the coach will insist you play your role or you have a seat next to him regardless of talent.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 11:42 am 
Offline

Joined: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:20 pm
Posts: 1724
Multifaceted great player.. my only worry with him is his tendency for giving away cheap dangerous free kicks to the opponents. Fouls in dangerous positions. He needs to watch out for that.

_________________
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:01 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10245
I wish Etebo well. Thats it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 1:52 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25973
Location: london
Average player! Thats why he plays in the championship

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:18 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 3:16 am
Posts: 4233
Location: usa
Cellular wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Did you see how many needless freekicks Etebo gave away? He has a lot of terrible shortcomings.


Not true.

His problem is that he knows he is capable of doing much more and at times tries to do much more than is required.

But he and Ndidi have dominated every set of Mid-fielders they have faced. The only game he suffered was the game against Madagascar where Rohr asked him to carry two snails and a bag of cement.

There is more upside to his game than downside.



lol who is the snail who is the cement :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
A lion never dies it sleeps (Rip..Foe)

An Eagle never dies it soars Rip (Big Boss)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:40 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39259
Location: UK
So what are we saying about a fully fit, properly positioned JMO?
Is he no longer relevant?

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Etebo
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:46 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 28, 2003 1:49 pm
Posts: 3505
Damunk wrote:
So what arewe saying about a fully fit, properly positioned JMO?
Is he no longer relevant?

I’m a huge JMO fan, but I think we’ve finally moved beyond him.
Last summer he had a role, but him, Etebo and Ndidi in the same midfield is never going to give you enough. We saw that for 60 mins against Burundi.
Now, the fact we don’t have any high calibre under-studies for Ndidi and Etebo is a big issue. But I don’t think that the place of a 33-year ex-Captain and one of Nigeria’s all time greats.

_________________
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Majestic-12 [Bot], oscar52 and 30 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group