Getting A Goalkeeper Should Be A Priority

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

waka-man
Egg
Egg
Re: Getting A Goalkeeper Should Be A Priority

Post by waka-man »

niyi wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I still have a lot of hope for Uzoho and Alampasu. Arsenal Okonkwo should also be on the list. We should also look at the local league. Not just the first division. Also heard some good things about Jonathan Zacalla. I am disappointed in the progress of Akpan Udoh and Emanuel Daniel.

[/video]
Wow. We'll be set for 15 years if we get this guy
Really? Seems similar to Uzoho to me. Half those shots he should be catch not parrying. And he parried into dangerous areas too often.
Put him in the mix, but don’t kid yourself into thinking this is our saviour.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Egg
Egg

Post by 404 »

Akpeyi just lost us a game absolutely poor positioning on the free kick! I have read the comments to my post most of them are constructive and recognize that is our Achilles heel. If I were the goalkeeping coach I am looking for a fresh bunch of goalkeepers that I can work with not this group who are fundamentally unsound and don’t understand the basics of goalkeeping. Having said what I have to say Algeria was the better team today and deserved to win.
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

404 wrote:Akpeyi just lost us a game absolutely poor positioning on the free kick! I have read the comments to my post most of them are constructive and recognize that is our Achilles heel. If I were the goalkeeping coach I am looking for a fresh bunch of goalkeepers that I can work with not this group who are fundamentally unsound and don’t understand the basics of goalkeeping. Having said what I have to say Algeria was the better team today and deserved to win.
The same game that Algeria dominated :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

I cannot believe that a GK who:

1) Does not know that he cannot pick up the ball with his hands outside the penalty area; and
2) Deliberately stands behind his wall and obstructs his own view (rather than to the side of it); and
3) Who cannot catch the ball or take accurate goal kicks...

...was just picked in goal for Nigeria at a major international tournament. Note that his mistakes in 1 and 2 above, cost Nigeria goals (the latter got them knocked out of a tournament).
404 wrote:Akpeyi just lost us a game absolutely poor positioning on the free kick! I have read the comments to my post most of them are constructive and recognize that is our Achilles heel. If I were the goalkeeping coach I am looking for a fresh bunch of goalkeepers that I can work with not this group who are fundamentally unsound and don’t understand the basics of goalkeeping. Having said what I have to say Algeria was the better team today and deserved to win.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

404 wrote:Nigeria’s priority after AFCON 2019 should be identifying and securing at least 3 decent goalkeepers. The Super Eagles weakest department is in the goalkeeping department. None of the present goalkeepers inspire confidence. Our weakness in the goalkeeping department is like a sore thumb! I just don’t understand why we cannot secure one decent goalkeeper. Akpeyi had one ball on target and he let it in because of poor positioning. The guy inspires no confidence...it will be a different proposition if we meet a team that has more balls on target. I blame Rohr for not upgrading the goalkeeping department and sticking with what I can only describe as goalkeepers that just don’t make the grade!

THERE'S A NEED ALRIGHT, BUT...

…I think it'd be premature to write off Uzoho. He has all the physical tools and is apparently young. He didn't make any glaring errors in Russia or Egypt. They should work with him to boost his confidence and try to get him to a higher level. I'm also fascinated by the Okoye fellow in Germany. Hope he'll get a chance with a youth team soon.
Bell