Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 10:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
[1] Nigerian fans get carried away with victories but some of us who watch the games microscopically, can see some of the flaws in our players, which big European clubsides latch on to. It is easy to see why many of our players are not playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, etc

[2] Ola Aina is simply too easy to beat as a defender

[3] Jamiu Collins does not provide enough of a threat going forward

[4] Kenneth Omeruo is too weak in the air

[5] William Ekong's distribution is woeful

[6] Oghene Etebo commits too many fouls in dangerous areas

[7] Wilfred Ndidi, arguably our best player does not impose himself enough on games as he should do

[8] Samuel Chukwueze needs to work on using his right foot

[9] Odion Ighalo is simply not consistent enough

[10] Alex Iwobi has got to make the transition into a player who delivers his best week-in-week-out. On his day he is super but hey, he needs to but in such performances every week.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:11 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59542
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:13 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:24 am
Posts: 568
Location: Obodo Oyibo
LOL.
None of these points is true....

_________________
I am just and Ordinary guy being used by an extraordinary God.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:16 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.


You are spot on. Linked and playing week-in-week-out for these teams is a totally different ball game.

You are happy with "doing OK" whereas the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, etc want to excel!

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:18 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59542
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.


You are spot on. Linked and playing week-in-week-out for these teams is a totally different ball game.

You are happy with "doing OK" whereas the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, etc want to excel!


Nigeria players also face major obstacles like home grown rule and lack of a European passport. It is not a level playing field. Nigeria should look at developing the local league.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:34 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 38833
Just state that we want Nwakali and we will win the WC :)

Rich from someone who sees Rabiu Ibrahim as SE saviour :taunt:

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:39 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:59 pm
Posts: 36636
wanaj0 wrote:
Just state that we want Nwakali and we will win the WC :)

Rich from someone who sees Rabiu Ibrahim as SE saviour :taunt:

:clap: :clap: KPOM


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:50 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 4:54 pm
Posts: 10810
Location: Umuda-Isingwu
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[1] Nigerian fans get carried away with victories but some of us who watch the games microscopically, can see some of the flaws in our players, which big European clubsides latch on to. It is easy to see why many of our players are not playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, etc

[2] Ola Aina is simply too easy to beat as a defender

[3] Jamiu Collins does not provide enough of a threat going forward

[4] Kenneth Omeruo is too weak in the air

[5] William Ekong's distribution is woeful

[6] Oghene Etebo commits too many fouls in dangerous areas

[7] Wilfred Ndidi, arguably our best player does not impose himself enough on games as he should do

[8] Samuel Chukwueze needs to work on using his right foot

[9] Odion Ighalo is simply not consistent enough

[10] Alex Iwobi has got to make the transition into a player who delivers his best week-in-week-out. On his day he is super but hey, he needs to but in such performances every week.



Image

_________________
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:53 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 24, 2003 3:07 am
Posts: 43062
Someone needs to fill a form. Ayo this 10 pointers nor be am this time Abeg.. I looked at them microscopically a d they were all over the place. I have seen better 10 pointers from your stable.

_________________
Image
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:00 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 46594
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
achuzia-the-air-raid wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
[1] Nigerian fans get carried away with victories but some of us who watch the games microscopically, can see some of the flaws in our players, which big European clubsides latch on to. It is easy to see why many of our players are not playing for the likes of Real Madrid, Barcelona, Man City, Liverpool, etc

[2] Ola Aina is simply too easy to beat as a defender

[3] Jamiu Collins does not provide enough of a threat going forward

[4] Kenneth Omeruo is too weak in the air

[5] William Ekong's distribution is woeful

[6] Oghene Etebo commits too many fouls in dangerous areas

[7] Wilfred Ndidi, arguably our best player does not impose himself enough on games as he should do

[8] Samuel Chukwueze needs to work on using his right foot

[9] Odion Ighalo is simply not consistent enough

[10] Alex Iwobi has got to make the transition into a player who delivers his best week-in-week-out. On his day he is super but hey, he needs to but in such performances every week.



Image


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

He should pick any National Team and analyze their individual weakness.

Anyway, Ndidi is unplayable in Africa and the EPL. He dominated EVERY midfielder he encountered in the EPL. To the point his coach started telling him not to do too much... another attempt at stifling him. When do coaches ever realize that some players don't fit a mould? Guy reminds me of a young PV4. And he is still growing.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:15 pm 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 2:51 pm
Posts: 13737
Location: South London
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.


You are spot on. Linked and playing week-in-week-out for these teams is a totally different ball game.

You are happy with "doing OK" whereas the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, etc want to excel!

They have the leagues and clubs to do so where as our players have to fend for themselves and prove their existence so I think we are doing well!

_________________
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI


Last edited by Eaglezbeak on Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:27 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
Some of the lame excuses several of you guys come up with are just pathetic. We have set the bar so low in all we do, it is no surprise Nigeria remains under-developed.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:36 pm 
Online

Joined: Sat Jan 03, 2004 4:21 pm
Posts: 10245
Aina has been solid, only beaten once by a plantain eater due to unfortunate break of the ball, and plantain muscles. You should stop watching soccer, your glasses are color tinted.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:59 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2265
Harsh thread. Every world class players have a weakness. If you want to be picky you can always find a flaw in a good player.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:25 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
olu wrote:
Harsh thread. Every world class players have a weakness. If you want to be picky you can always find a flaw in a good player.


Why should we not aim for perfection?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:35 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 7:55 pm
Posts: 44186
Ayo is essentially throwing out the baby with the bath water here. Because his fav Mikel is not playing, none of the players are good enough in his eyes. Etebo is the main target because he has said here more than once that Mikel should be in his spot.

_________________
Quote:
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:16 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 9:38 pm
Posts: 2265
Let me pull an Ayo. The following are not world class for the following reasons:

Marcelo gets caught out of position when he overlaps.

Pique is too slow.

Robben can't use his right foot.

Ramos makes unnecessary fouls and gets too many cards.

Players aren't perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:11 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 5723
Location: Here
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
olu wrote:
Harsh thread. Every world class players have a weakness. If you want to be picky you can always find a flaw in a good player.


Why should we not aim for perfection?


Because perfection does not exist. Lionel Messi is supposed to be as near-perfect as can be, yet he can't buy a championship for his country.

_________________
http://www.meditationsofthesoul.com

"My friends - "We need to really reassess the way we trash our national team, derogate some players and disrespect the people that run our football. Let the brand new Super Eagles become our new Brand of national pride.. The unifying identity for all.. Bar none!" - CE's The Great Seloweizer (6/24/13)

The Arsenal Football Club - "The Deeper The Foundation, The Stronger The Fortress."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12123
The biggest reason is dumbness -- A/K/A decision-making. When scouts go out to watch you, that is one of the most important things they take into consideration.

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:08 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:01 am
Posts: 48429
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.


You are spot on. Linked and playing week-in-week-out for these teams is a totally different ball game.

You are happy with "doing OK" whereas the likes of Brazil, Argentina, Germany, France, Spain, etc want to excel!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Nigerian government is happy to be "doing ok" chasing cows on the streets and people farmland while the likes of America, Russia, China, Europe are building rockets, going to space and back.

Everything get him level. Nigeria is never on same level with Brazil, Argie, Germany, etc.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:22 pm 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 25973
Location: london
If you want to find out how good these guys are, i hope they do win the nations cup so we can see them at the confederation cup playing the likes of Brazil, France, Portugal, then i hope we dont blame VAR or biased referees, what we get away with in African football will get punished routinely by better organised sides, i am not getting carried away because i know Nigeria in comparison to France are miles apart!
We need our players performing at the highest levels, this means they need to be playing for Barcelona, Real madrid, chelsea, man united, city, liverpool, bayern munich, just like the class of 1994 once did

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:23 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2004 10:12 pm
Posts: 24858
ohenhen1 wrote:
Ndidi linked to Manchester United.

Osimhen is linked to AC Milan and Atlanta

Chukwuze linked to Bayern, Liverpool and Barcelona

Onyekuru linked to Valencia and Real Betis.

Awaziem linked to Nantes.

Omeruo linked to Lilles or could stay at Leganes.



Aina already made the move to Torino
Ekong to Udinese
Ebuehi to Benfica
Iwobi is at Arsenal
Collins was okay defensively, will play in the Bundesliga next season.



Our boys are doing okay.


:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

_________________
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 10:02 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54346
Location: United Kingdom
marko wrote:
If you want to find out how good these guys are, i hope they do win the nations cup so we can see them at the confederation cup playing the likes of Brazil, France, Portugal, then i hope we dont blame VAR or biased referees, what we get away with in African football will get punished routinely by better organised sides, i am not getting carried away because i know Nigeria in comparison to France are miles apart!
We need our players performing at the highest levels, this means they need to be playing for Barcelona, Real madrid, chelsea, man united, city, liverpool, bayern munich, just like the class of 1994 once did



Our people simply do not get it. When was the last time an African team played well at a Confederations Cup?

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 2think, ANC, Majestic-12 [Bot], oscar52 and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group