Can someone please explain why Ighalo is still in the team.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Can someone please explain why Ighalo is still in the te

Post by mcal »

Al B Sure wrote:Who in the team should replace Ighalo?
...as an agent, my clients and my clients only. Who no wan chop too :biggrin:
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

1naija wrote:
ohsee wrote:BAP, you be my guy because you speak truth to powers like Waffiman and the rest of the "be patriotic at all costs" gang on CE. :taunt: :D Waffi na my guy too, but sometimes he gets carried away in the wrong direction. OP, good question, biko. :thumb:

Msscheww. :mad: Ighalo this and Ighalo that. Bobo that was shipped out of Watford--Watford li :lol: -- to China is being touted as the best Nigeria has. :roll: :oops: .

Let us look at Ighalo's three goals. This first was the result of a bad mistake by the Burundi defender. Most of the time Ighalo was following the Burundi defender everywhere :lol: , instead of getting open. Somebody should tell him to study Yekini tapes and learn how to find space.
[/video]

Now the goals against Cameroon. Note how the first goal (.54 secs in) was fired in the direction of a defender and the goalkeeper. IT WAS A DEFLECTION, A LUCKY GOAL. :lol: The second goal (5.59 mins), HE FIRED STRAIGHT AT THE GOALKEEPER AGAIN WHILE THERE WAS ACRES OF SPACE ON THE GOALKEEPER'S RIGHT. :rotf:
[/video]

Oya, patriotic defenders, carry on. :lol: I will not disturb your comforting peace or your anodyne opinions again. :D :taunt:
Great grand uncle, we know you expect Ighalo to dribble like the days of back men when older striker used to dribble the whole team like below before scoring. But this is modern football we are talking about.

:D :taunt:
Cheiiiii, Senior Unkul, why are you falling my hand like this? In spite of all the time I have spent teaching you how to read, all my efforts are in vain? I know you think learning to read "Eze goes to school" is enough, but it is not. OK. Once more, re-read what I wrote, and tell me where I said anything about dribbling? Are you still having those wet dreams about Okocha? :D He has retired na, stop thinking about him. :taunt:
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Have a look at Niang of Senegal and thank one’s lucky stars for Odion ItsAgoalo
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohsee wrote:BAP, you be my guy because you speak truth to powers like Waffiman and the rest of the "be patriotic at all costs" gang on CE. :taunt: :D Waffi na my guy too, but sometimes he gets carried away in the wrong direction. OP, good question, biko. :thumb:

Msscheww. :mad: Ighalo this and Ighalo that. Bobo that was shipped out of Watford--Watford li :lol: -- to China is being touted as the best Nigeria has. :roll: :oops: .

Let us look at Ighalo's three goals. This first was the result of a bad mistake by the Burundi defender. Most of the time Ighalo was following the Burundi defender everywhere :lol: , instead of getting open. Somebody should tell him to study Yekini tapes and learn how to find space.
[/video]

Now the goals against Cameroon. Note how the first goal (.54 secs in) was fired in the direction of a defender and the goalkeeper. IT WAS A DEFLECTION, A LUCKY GOAL. :lol: The second goal (5.59 mins), HE FIRED STRAIGHT AT THE GOALKEEPER AGAIN WHILE THERE WAS ACRES OF SPACE ON THE GOALKEEPER'S RIGHT. :rotf:
[/video]

Oya, patriotic defenders, carry on. :lol: I will not disturb your comforting peace or your anodyne opinions again. :D :taunt:
Add to that emechateram blundered opportunities.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

Coach wrote:Have a look at Niang of Senegal and thank one’s lucky stars for Odion ItsAgoalo
Yes o, Niang makes Ighalo look like Pele, er, sorry, Messi :lol:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohsee wrote:
Coach wrote:Have a look at Niang of Senegal and thank one’s lucky stars for Odion ItsAgoalo
Yes o, Niang makes Ighalo look like Pele, er, sorry, Messi :lol:
:mrgreen:

BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

[/video]

[/video]

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

i wonder if my good friend WaffiBumboy now knows what serious opposition is . Scoring goals against Libya, Seychelles and scoring tap in deflections does not a full striker make.
Once I saw Ighalos' name on the list I knew it would be a long day and long day it indeed was
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

5 goals and top scorer in the tournament is all the explanation we need.
http://www.naijiant.com/
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

cic old boy wrote:5 goals and top scorer in the tournament is all the explanation we need.
Exactly,Ighalo has actually redeemed himself this time around.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

cic old boy wrote:5 goals and top scorer in the tournament is all the explanation we need.
Meanwhile, no other player in the team scored more than ONE goal. He scored 5 times more than any other player, and more than half the total goals of the team, if we discount Troost-Ekong's own goal. :twisted:
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

A prophet is not without honour except among his own people. Quite unfortunate how some are still throwing flak Ighalo's way and critiquing his goals.

Ighalo's best goal in this AFCON in my opinion was his dispatching of the high pressure penalty against Algeria. Having watched Senegal and Tunisia miss a penalty each in their semi-final clash should convince any of the "it was a penalty" brigade that penalty kicks are no joke.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

BAP wrote:

[/video]

[/video]

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

i wonder if my good friend WaffiBumboy now knows what serious opposition is . Scoring goals against Libya, Seychelles and scoring tap in deflections does not a full striker make.
Once I saw Ighalos' name on the list I knew it would be a long day and long day it indeed was
5 goals and top scorer of the tournament. Fact, not feeling. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
Waffiman
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Waffiman »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Exactly,Ighalo has actually redeemed himself this time around.
Spot on. Goes to show he is nowhere as bad as his critics want us to believe.
Arsène Wenger at Arsenal, 1996 to 2018. I was there.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Congrats on the five goals. He is still a waste pipe. Let’s look at his last goal again Tunisia. Collins beats the defender cleanly and placed a timed cross but Ighalo was no were to close to meeting up with the cross. If the goal keeper had not fumbled the ball, all the HARD work by Collins would have been a waste. All these while we blamed Musa for crossing ball to no one in particular. Give me Amokachi, Brown ideye any day.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

ANC wrote:Congrats on the five goals. He is still a waste pipe. Let’s look at his last goal again Tunisia. Collins beats the defender cleanly and placed a timed cross but Ighalo was no were to close to meeting up with the cross. If the goal keeper had not fumbled the ball, all the HARD work by Collins would have been a waste. All these while we blamed Musa for crossing ball to no one in particular. Give me Amokachi, Brown ideye any day.
:shock: :shock: :???: Did you really type this? Some people really do not deserve nice things. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Please answer me this. In your esteemed opinion, who were the best strikers at the last AFCON and why?
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

ANC wrote:Congrats on the five goals. He is still a waste pipe. Let’s look at his last goal again Tunisia. Collins beats the defender cleanly and placed a timed cross but Ighalo was no were to close to meeting up with the cross. If the goal keeper had not fumbled the ball, all the HARD work by Collins would have been a waste. All these while we blamed Musa for crossing ball to no one in particular. Give me Amokachi, Brown ideye any day.
Oh,so he should have not bothered to tap it in?How old are you?Your understanding of what a striker needs to do seems a bit obscured.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

slyk wrote:
:shock: :shock: :???: Did you really type this? Some people really do not deserve nice things. Talk about looking a gift horse in the mouth. Please answer me this. In your esteemed opinion, who were the best strikers at the last AFCON and why?
He is not a deadly striker. His Watford mojo left him seasons ago.

slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

cchinukw wrote:
slyk wrote:
Oh, so you guys have gone from "why is he still in the team" to he is not a deadly striker. Seriously, some of you do not deserve nice things. Una like suffa head. Well, he has retired from the national team, ingrates like you will undoubtedly find someone else to pick on.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

slyk wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
slyk wrote:
Oh, so you guys have gone from "why is he still in the team" to he is not a deadly striker. Seriously, some of you do not deserve nice things. Una like suffa head. Well, he has retired from the national team, ingrates like you will undoubtedly find someone else to pick on.
I'm sure we will see a far better striker. We've had better.

nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Thank God for Ighalo. Thank God for Yekini. However, the days of the strong, burly, lone striker and the 4/2/3/1 are over. What we need now are twin mobile forwards, less physical that can play in a 3/5/2.

What are the benefits? Playing Any two of the following (When fit and in full form)

Musa
Iheanacho
Onyekuru
Okereke
Abraham (If he joins)
Awoniyi

Allows for mobility, movement and an end to slow calculated build ups with a back to the goal. We need more of the Mane, Salah forward and less of the Battistuta, Torres, Osimhen, Yekini, Ighalo, Yeboah, Drogba, Lukaku type. Those days are extinct.

In defensive midfield, Azubuike, Bonke are better natural box to box midfielders than Etebo. That being said, Etebo has more value depending on the coaches imagination and tactics.

In the playmaking role: Eze and Aribo should be added to compete with Iwobi. If we play a 3/5/2, one central midfielder can play while two and athletic & attacking midfielders can play as well. You don’t need two holding midfielders. In essence, Iwobi and Eze could play with Ndidi or Azubuike. This is possible because the three would have two added wingers in Kalu and Chukwueze and two forwards. This style is best suited to a mobile team with speed.
Our wide players are (And can be) the best in the world. Both at wing play and full backs. This may be the best combination in Nigerian history.

Wide forwards: (In a 4/4/2)

Musa
Okereke
Dennis
Onyekuru

Wingers:

Ojo
Kalu
Chukwueze

Wing backs:

Ebuehi
Odubajo
Aina
Collins

As for goalies, we have a bright future: we have four that I tip to become Africa’s best and world class. They will improve just as Nkomo improved from 1977 to 1990. Those that watched him against Rangers in the 1977 final and at the 1982 and 1990 Mundial know exactly what I mean. These four goalies are:

Maduka Okoye
Dele Alampasu
Francis Uzoho
Arthur Okonkwo

If all these integrations are made to the team and the foundation is as is with solidarity, organization and discipline (and continuity), Nigeria will dominate Africa and eventually the world for the next few decades.

Coaching: If we don’t want the head coach changed, his assistant must be just like Bonfrere. Someone who allows expressive, transitional football. I’m not sure that Rohr is ready to get away from the physical, bruising center forward or the idea of conservative and slow build ups.