Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Nigeria vs. Algeria - Afcon Semi Final Analysis

Post by maceo4 »

Tobi17 wrote:The Algerian team might be better coached, but there is no way Algeria has better players than Nigeria. Aside Mahrez, which other Algerian player is better than what we have? Una too dey fear :rotf:
We go show them mschew, these guys are all talking names but I believe in our guys.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

The SE players don’t fear nobody, players like iwobinho train with ozil and kept ozil on the bench in some games, chukwueze scored against Barcelona, awaziem plays like he is on cocaine, ndidi shuts down EPl attackers weekly,.....rohr’s fear cannot stop the SE. Even Simon with no talent has two assist so far, just imagine what the true talented ballers like onyekuru will do. It will be a tough game because the coach is daft, but the Nigerian spirit will see the SE win.
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

9jaMan wrote:The SE players don’t fear nobody, players like iwobinho train with ozil and kept ozil on the bench in some games, chukwueze scored against Barcelona, awaziem plays like he is on cocaine, ndidi shuts down EPl attackers weekly,.....rohr’s fear cannot stop the SE. Even Simon with no talent has two assist so far, just imagine what the true talented ballers like onyekuru will do. It will be a tough game because the coach is daft, but the Nigerian spirit will see the SE win.
So if we win we credit the players but if we lose it is the coaches fault. At least you do not hide your hatred for Chief coach Rohr. That I can respect.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Going to be a tough game, I love our chances though. I’m afraid of our goal keeping position. I hope we practice pks
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

If they beat us fair and square then so be it however I'm more concerned about their mastery of the dark arts like this that went unpunished. Thankfully VAR will be in use.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Robbynice wrote:
9jaMan wrote:The SE players don’t fear nobody, players like iwobinho train with ozil and kept ozil on the bench in some games, chukwueze scored against Barcelona, awaziem plays like he is on cocaine, ndidi shuts down EPl attackers weekly,.....rohr’s fear cannot stop the SE. Even Simon with no talent has two assist so far, just imagine what the true talented ballers like onyekuru will do. It will be a tough game because the coach is daft, but the Nigerian spirit will see the SE win.
So if we win we credit the players but if we lose it is the coaches fault. At least you do not hide your hatred for Chief coach Rohr. That I can respect.

I don’t hate nobody, I do love SE

Is rohr daft? Absolutely
Does onyekuru and osimhen deserve to play? Absolutely
Did rohr do a good job on our defenders? Absolutely
Does rohr deserve credit for our victories so far? Absolutely
If the SE fail, is rohr to blame ? Absolutely
Can we do better without rohr? Absolutely
Should rohr be fired even if SE win the cup? Absolutely

For some of us we see how rohr is making things difficult by his loyalty to certain players thus discouraging other more talented players. Who cares how many goals onyekuru scores in Europe, Simon can score fewer goals and be ahead because rohr said so.
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

9jaMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Is rohr daft? Absolutely

For some of us we see how rohr is making things difficult by his loyalty to certain players thus discouraging other more talented players. Who cares how many goals onyekuru scores in Europe, Simon can score fewer goals and be ahead because rohr said so.
GBAM!!! Nothing more to add.
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

9jaMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Is rohr daft? Absolutely

:clap: Everything where it is due,Nigeria isn't an easy nation to please and Rohr knows that much,I'm not sure if he'll be fired if we win it though as that will make the NFF look indecisive and they don't like exposing themselves although they always do.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

9jaMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Is rohr daft? Absolutely

You think this is a problem unique to Rohr? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: It is not only talent that makes a good player.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

elerineye wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Is rohr daft? Absolutely

GBAM!!! Nothing more to add.
Actually most of Rohr's decisions make sense based on his conservative philosophy. I understand the reason he went with Simon over Samu, even if I may disagree on the basis of it being too conservative considering he was already playing a double pivot with Ndidi and Etebo. I also understand why he sticks with Musa and Ighalo in most matches over Onyekuru and Osimhen.

The only issue I have with him was not playing them against Madagascar even if bringing them off the bench. We were trailing and chasing the game (even though it wasn't a must-win), your top two attackers were struggling, and you have two of the most prolific Nigerian players in Europe this season lounging on the bench. No excuse for that.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

furiously frank wrote:Going to be a tough game, I love our chances though. I’m afraid of our goal keeping position. I hope we practice pks
I am confident in all of our players. They will do us proud.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Cito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cito »

9jaMan wrote:
Robbynice wrote:

Is rohr daft? Absolutely

One do not attain his level in life by being daft. That line of yours is an emotional response to his having a plan that do not align with your expectation. Though one could argue, he is smarter than you as a coach. Hence his having attained his level as a coach.

Can we do better without Rorh? One could also make a case for doing worse as these things are subjective. Another coach could be all in for all the offensive players we have at the expense of a solid core and we will lose to disciplined teams.

Should he be fired? Well that is another point where a whole lot hates his ultra conservative style. I for one sees my team as an improving unit and will love for him to continue to see if the perceived trajectory is maintained. He is slowly building a formidable team that imbides a disciplined approach while playing an offensively pleasing style. That is the next step that I forsee.
"Learn from others whom have walked the path before you, but be smart enough to know when to cut your own trail."
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Lol now, Agents and criminals are now open with their agenda. I am sure some of them might be onyekuru intermediary because I just read the most FOOLISH/DELUSIONAL comment ever. ROhR should be sacked even if he wins ANC LOOOL THESE Criminals have no shame. You ask them why and they will say because “he dropped onyekuru” even if rohr chop 20-0 Against Algeria he must continue you crooks will finally go and get a job and anyone that’s against it can drink it
Last edited by john12 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Look at the way Chukwueze forced rohr to get in his first 11 by performing exceptionally from day 1 that’s how you walk into an established team. Kuru has been given numerous chances and hasn’t excelled he needs to wait more
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.
What will their full backs be doing, while ours have their hand's full?
Bros, bros! Abeg ask dem for me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

blueangel wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
danfo driver wrote:
olu wrote:Yes. You guys are right that our FBs will have their hands full. Mahrez is a tricky and intelligent winger, and Beliali is very fast and also a very good dribbler. Suprised he hasn't moved to Europe yet.

Won't be suprised if Rohr starts Simon again to provide cover for Awazeim. I wonder if this is the game Rohr breaks out the "beloved" 3-5-2. If he does, he can use Aina and Simon as WBs, and play a back 3 of Awazeim, Omeruo, and Ekong. 4-2-3-1 has been working so far, so he will probably go with that.
What will their full backs be doing, while ours have their hand's full?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

I know we get on him, but Musa's speed na yam? Chuckwueze's skill na yam? It will be a good battle, may the best team win!
NO O
May NIGERIA WIN
KPAM, times (x) 20 :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: ... and we will win!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:History always repeats itself...88 Cameroon won Afcon 90 Algeria won Afcon ....2017 Cameroon won Afcon 2019 Algeria ...

NIgeria wins Afcon only when Cameroon are missing
By the way, why are you still on this Forum? Why have you NOT left as you said you will do when you reach 80,000 posts? Be a man, please leave!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Robbynice wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wa-ooo!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Una go so cry tomorrow..I expect more threads to oust Rohr
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Robbynice wrote:
furiously frank wrote:Going to be a tough game, I love our chances though. I’m afraid of our goal keeping position. I hope we practice pks
I am confident in all of our players. They will do us proud.
KPOM KWEM!
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:The Algerian team might be better coached, but there is no way Algeria has better players than Nigeria. Aside Mahrez, which other Algerian player is better than what we have? Una too dey fear :rotf:
My brother na fear dey worry them. I'm sure a percentage of them said the same thing about both Cameroon and SA.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

You are one of the guys that accuse Rohr of being "a liar", yet you peddle bare-faced lies to push your agenda.
See how you quietly smuggle lie-lie inside matta.
Are you a coach agent?
You get coach you wan push? :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »