We may be back to square one.

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
We may be back to square one.

Post by 1naija »

While I think Rohr is a good coach and has done a great job building this team to have great depth, I doubt he can take us to the next level. I think we'll continue to be a serious threat with him as the coach, but I doubt we can win championships with him. The question then is Who should be the next coach?

My fear is that we'll listen to these sweet talking Nigerian coaches and hire one of them. Then we will be back to square one. I see this team being completely destroyed in 2 years.
Last edited by 1naija on Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: We may be back to square one.

Post by ohenhen1 »

Well, you maybe right. But we have no choice but to try something new.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I have a feeling Amunike or Siasia will be hired.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

1naija wrote:While I think Rohr is a good coach and has done a great job building this team to have great depth, I doubt he can take us to the next level. I think we'll continue to be a serious threat with his as a coach, but I doubt we can championships with him. The question then is. Who should be the next coach?

My fear is that we'll listen to these sweet talking Nigerian coaches and hire one of them. Then we will be back to square one. I see this team being completely destroyed in 2 years.
You're right. We should re-hire the coach who won us the 2015 & 17 AFCON.
OCCUPY NFF!!
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
1naija wrote:While I think Rohr is a good coach and has done a great job building this team to have great depth, I doubt he can take us to the next level. I think we'll continue to be a serious threat with his as a coach, but I doubt we can championships with him. The question then is. Who should be the next coach?

You're right. We should re-hire the coach who won us the 2015 & 17 AFCON.
The one that won the World U-17 is still alive.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Human beings always thrive to better themselves not accept their fate.

ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Human beings always try to better themselves not accept their fate. IF the next coach fails too. We fire him and hire someone else until we get it right.

Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

Hire the Ghana coach
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Why did you even give hime the benefit of the doubt at this tourney? Huh?

You be my man 1Naija but on Rohr, you fall my hand big time.

If you can rewatch WC2018 and tell us what changed I'll be all ears.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Another one finally learning what I learned one year ago! :lol: :lol: :lol:

This is why Nigeria is useless. A bunch of citizens who are so mentally lazy and always catching up with knowledge. Never proactive! tufia! God! Why did you curse us so? :(
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

1naija wrote:While I think Rohr is a good coach and has done a great job building this team to have great depth, I doubt he can take us to the next level. I think we'll continue to be a serious threat with him as the coach, but I doubt we can win championships with him. The question then is Who should be the next coach?

This is my feeling also. If we look at Rohr's tenure as SE coach, he has done a pretty good job. I thought he did as expected in this tournament but personally wanted a bit more from him. I haven't really seen much improvement since last year which has led to me to also believe he can't take Nigeria to the next level. That being said, he shouldn't be sacked unless there is better available.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

If he stays, then he needs a complete staff overhaul cause I feel his backroom staff are useless... Get a more attacking minded assistant coach to work with him, and someone definitely better than Victor Agali to do the player scouting, cause we need more players to build on what we have (after the likes of Mikel, Ighalo, Ogu, Akpeyi) retire as expected. But most importantly, Rohr if he stays, needs to change his coaching philosophy... play more attacking minded players and change his rubbish philosophy... But I want him gone either way.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

If Chelsea can hire Frank Lampard, Naija can hire Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh. But I don't believe it's all on Rohr. The players should look at themselves too.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

felarey wrote:If Chelsea can hire Frank Lampard, Naija can hire Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh. But I don't believe it's all on Rohr. The players should look at themselves too.
Oliseh again? Doing the same things and expecting a different result not wise.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Most Nigerians are regretting sacking Amodu, keshi for qualifying us for two wc and winning ANC. Yet, 7, 9, 19 years later they want the same done to Rohr only to regret when his gone lol. First of all, a new coach isn't our problem. If you like hire Mourinho Guardiola he will still have the same calibre of players at his disposal. There isn't anyone important that rohr omitted so selection wasn't an issue. We simply lost to a team that was better than us on the day $#% happens just learn from your mistakes. Most of these players are young and this is their first ANC have some patience with them and above all Thank Almighty GOD. A new coach will select new unknown player waste 2/3 and by the time his done, you will be thanking ROHR. Experience is the best teacher of life
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

oscar52 wrote:
felarey wrote:If Chelsea can hire Frank Lampard, Naija can hire Sunday Ogorchukwu Oliseh. But I don't believe it's all on Rohr. The players should look at themselves too.
Don't think we've been doing the same with Rohr. Haven't heard of Rohr Feeding players out of pocket, not enough shoes, subhuman accommodations, lying on airport floors, reusing jerseys, shoddy arrangements, unpaid salaries plus fraudulent claims of payment from NFF etc.

Oliseh can be tried with same or better conditions as Rohr.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

john12 wrote:Most Nigerians are regretting sacking Amodu, keshi for qualifying us for two wc and winning ANC. Yet, 7, 9, 19 years later they want the same done to Rohr only to regret when his gone lol. First of all, a new coach isn't our problem. If you like hire Mourinho Guardiola he will still have the same calibre of players at his disposal. There isn't anyone important that rohr omitted so selection wasn't an issue. We simply lost to a team that was better than us on the day $#% happens just learn from your mistakes. Most of these players are young and this is their first ANC have some patience with them and above all Thank Almighty GOD. A new coach will select new unknown player waste 2/3 and by the time his done, you will be thanking ROHR. Experience is the best teacher of life
Rohr himself should naturally want to improve himself, he seems quite rigid in his thinking and contented with how things are going. This is my concern. I want to see improvements in him and the team but I haven't seen any over the last 18 months! He did OK in this tournament, I don't think he deserves to be sacked but I don't see the SE getting any better under him.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

felarey wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
Don't think we've been doing the same with Rohr. Haven't heard of Rohr Feeding players out of pocket, not enough shoes, subhuman accommodations, lying on airport floors, reusing jerseys, shoddy arrangements, unpaid salaries plus fraudulent claims of payment from NFF etc.

Oliseh can be tried with same or better conditions as Rohr.
I think Oliseh has a great ability (tactics,coaching) but his man management of players is questionable which is probably the most important attribute needed in being successful with the SE. This is where Keshi (RIP) thrived and to some extent where Rohr's strengths lie.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The same people that are calling for rohr dack now were the same people calling for keshi and amodu sack. Today, they regret sacking keshi and amodu. You cannot do the same thing over and over then expect a different result
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Naija did hire Oliseh once and he abandoned the team in the middle of a competition. No way should such unprofessional person be allowed to manage the team again. He is like those crooked Nigerian doctors that demand for their pay in the middle of an operation. I don't care how good Oliseh is, I would not hire him ever again to coach Nigeria. Remember, Rohr came about because of Oliseh!
Last edited by 1naija on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Rawlings wrote:Hire the Ghana coach

Give a name
Leaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Leaf »

Slightly off topic, but I still believe we need to dump green on green uni on green grass. Teams wearing contrasting colors have the advantage in the peripheral vision department
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Leaf wrote:Slightly off topic, but I still believe we need to dump green on green uni on green grass. Teams wearing contrasting colors have the advantage in the peripheral vision department

This is the most sensible post on the jersey thing