Official player ranking and Stats (Nig v SA)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg
Official player ranking and Stats (Nig v SA)

Post by chief nfachairman »

First my opinion

1. Its now totally clear Rohr has transitioned to attacking football. Infact, its more of Direct Football. And like he said in an interview before the AFCON commenced, "The AFCON is operated on with long balls and then pressing, it’s a different style of play, there are more surprise effects."

Ndidi's long ball to Musa, then to Iwobi and it took surpise effects from Iwobi and Samu. It's a goal.

2. Rohr has an organized unit, not beautiful to the eyes, but business like and tight in the defence and midfield, but enterprisng and direct in the attack.

3. This SE has won (and lost) all its AFCON games within 90 mins.
4. SA had 62% possession, high number of useless passes and alot was backwards, within their half and alot between their defenders. Buhle 45 passes, Thulani 48 passes (highest in the game. Zungu did 47).

5. Etebo again was the heart of that team though his match rating is low. He had the highest pass accuracy of 91%, 100% success in long balls but 30% success in duels. and 3 fouls. He's numbers where better than Ndidi all round.

"Etebo is the only Super Eagles player who has started and gone the distance in all the matches played by Gernot Rohr's men in Egypt."

6. With the stats below, it shows Nigeria dominated and was more purposeful and direct.
-Shots at goal: 11 (NGA) - 5 (SA)
-Shots on target: 4 (NGA) - 2
-Shots inside the box: 7 (NGA)-3
-Corner kicks: 6 (NGA) - 1
-Big chances created: 3(NGA) - 1
-Offsides: 0 (NGA) - 1

OFFICIAL Player Rating:

NOTE: These ratings are computer measured and generated and not emotional or "I thought i saw" generated.

OFFICIAL MATCH STAT:

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Official player ranking and Stats (Nig v SA)

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Once again you're spot on. Rohr has definitely made a decision to play a more attacking style maybe due to the fact that Mikel is no longer effective and he needs to pick up the pace. Though he''s had some success with it, it's obvious that the new attacking style is still at its infancy. Eventually i think Musa will get phased out for kalu/onyekuru or whoever has better technical ability and decision making. Its really a joy to see a team get built right in front of one's face. The SE will look very different in about 6months. Rohr is doing a fantastic Job! :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Not this fake news rankings...can the mods just banned the OP and ban that site
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Bigpokey24 wrote:Not this fake news rankings...can the mods just banned the OP and ban that site
The day nfachairman catch you!!
I am happy
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Crosses: 2 out of 12. Yikes.

Definitely an area for massive improvement!
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Once again you're spot on. Rohr has definitely made a decision to play a more attacking style maybe due to the fact that Mikel is no longer effective and he needs to pick up the pace. Though he''s had some success with it, it's obvious that the new attacking style is still at its infancy. Eventually i think Musa will get phased out for kalu/onyekuru or whoever has better technical ability and decision making. Its really a joy to see a team get built right in front of one's face. The SE will look very different in about 6months. Rohr is doing a fantastic Job! :thumb:
You are totally on point. You can notice disjoints here and there but it again, you notice patches of brilliance.

I can't wait. In 6months, they'll def be beasts playing serious attacking football.