Player for player, the current team is VASTLY superior to 94

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Player for player, the current team is VASTLY superior t

Post by metalalloy »

deanotito wrote:I've tried to ignore this topic because you know...it has to be lunacy

But I can’t anymore. My fren, will you sharap that stinkin mouf!!!
:rotf:
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

amafolas wrote:when someone says a semi-retired Mikel of 2019 is superior to an 94 Oliseh. Haba!!!!
Oliseh > Mikel at any stage of their careers. Fact not fiction.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

cchinukw wrote:
amafolas wrote:when someone says a semi-retired Mikel of 2019 is superior to an 94 Oliseh. Haba!!!!
Now you're just being totally ridiculous. Mikel has declined, I agree, but at his peak, he was far better than Oliseh. Not even close.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I want to lock this thread but I saving abusing my . mod powers for other things.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

bushboy wrote:
cchinukw wrote:
Now you're just being totally ridiculous. Mikel has declined, I agree, but at his peak, he was far better than Oliseh. Not even close.
Oliseh has to pass a test before he could qualify to eat mikels dung
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
okidoki
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by okidoki »

The thing about the 94 team is the players that made them special were exceptional, if not World class.
These players Okocha, Yekini, Finidi, Amunike would easily walk into this team. This team has potential, and in some areas like the midfield I would say we’ve never had the sort of powerful pair, in Ndidi and Etebo we do now. However we need to give this team at least 3 years, then have this convo again.
"Nigeria", Africas only true hope of bringing the World cup home to motherland.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

The 94 team would have slapped Croatia around at the last world cup. Please lock this thread.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
fishward6
Egg
Egg

Post by fishward6 »

azuka wrote:
bushboy wrote:I was looking again at that 1994 World cup squad, and I dare say today only Finidi, Okocha, Rufai and Yekini could make the grade on the current team.
Mikel is better than Oliseh
Ndidi is better than Adepoju
Musa is better than Siasia
Aina/Ebuehi better than Eguavon

The list goes on....
And let me help you Ighalo is better than Rashidi or Amokachi.
That thing u dey smoke abeg give am back to the person wey pass am to you. :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
Na Trump e Dey smoke o! This is Fake News Na which player is better than Okocha make u see well before talk rubbish
joplass
Egg
Egg

Post by joplass »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
joplass wrote::lol: @ the thread

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: its' like saying Clinton Njie is VASTLLY superior to Roger Milla.
yes o
Man is comfortable in His imperfection but uncomfortable in His perfection. Me. (Inspired by Karol Józef Wojtyła - Crossing the Threshold of Hope)
furiously frank
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by furiously frank »

Apples and oranges
"That Justice is a blind goddess
Is a thing to which we blacks are wise.
Her bandage hides two festering sores
That once perhaps were eyes."
Langston Hughes, 1923
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Somebody has been on drugs ....
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
marko
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by marko »

When Mikel scores a goal at any world cup, then you compare him to Oliseh! That 1994 team that won the nations cup was packed with world class talent! If Abacha was not hopeless, Nigeria would have won 1996 and probably 1998 nations cup with that squad, 2 world class wingers in Amunike and Finidi, compare that to what we have now
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The 1994 team would had slapped Croatia?? Lool Nigerians are the most DELUSIONAL fans worldwide walahi
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:The 1994 team would had slapped Croatia?? Lool Nigerians are the most DELUSIONAL fans worldwide walahi
Yes. And it wouldn't have been close.
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

marko wrote:When Mikel scores a goal at any world cup, then you compare him to Oliseh! That 1994 team that won the nations cup was packed with world class talent! If Abacha was not hopeless, Nigeria would have won 1996 and probably 1998 nations cup with that squad, 2 world class wingers in Amunike and Finidi, compare that to what we have now
The circular reasoning and goalpost shifting that happens on this website makes having a conversation difficult. Is world cup goals the total measure of a player? In that case Ahmed Musa is the greatest soccer player in the history of Nigerian football.

Mikel did more both for club and country than Oliseh ever did. They have both won ANC and Mikel has CL, Europa, FA cup, league titles, Olympic medal to his name. For anyone who is not just seeking an argument to even suggest Oliseh is better is mind boggling.
Bushboy's bushmen : 1.Isaac Success 2. Terem Moffi 3. Victor Boniface 4. Samuel Omorodion. 5. Samson Tijani. 6. Rafiu Durosinmi.
Who will be next?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The same way they were running their mouth that ndidi will tame modric and co prior to Wc until they were taught a football lesson. The Croatia midfield at that 2018 WC is one of the best midfield of all time I highly doubt Nigeria 1994 team will even get a shot in target let alone score
Last edited by john12 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Bushboy mikel was a better all round midfielder but as a pure DM, Oliseh was better
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:The same way they were running their mouth that ndidi will tame modric and co prior to Wc until they were taught a football lesson. The Croatia midfield at that 2018 WC is one of the best midfield of all times I highly doubt Nigeria 1994 team will even get a shot in target let alone score
The Croatia midfield is not even the best Croatian midfield of all times. Croatia had a good first round but only beat powerhouses Denmark and Russia on penalties. They managed a 2-1 win over another powerhouse, England before losing to a France team that is not as good as the France team at the turn of the millennium. Against France, their 4-2 loss was made to look respectable because of a howler by Loris. After the WC, they lost 6-1 to Spain and 2-1 to England. So much for one of the best midfields of all time.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Story story story you obviously don’t know football saying that’s not the best Croatian midfield of all times. (Conversation end) A team with modric, perisic, kramaric, rakitic, kovacic
bushboy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bushboy »

john12 wrote:Bushboy mikel was a better all round midfielder but as a pure DM, Oliseh was better
In EVERY way you want to compare any two players. Mikel is superior to Oliseh.
I love that 94 team as much as anyone, but truth is truth.
Oliseh is to blame for Italy's equalizer.
Who will be next?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

I take that back. Yes, 1994 team had a possibility of Winning that Croatia 2018 team it could had gone to anyone our 1994 team had many stars
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

bushboy wrote:
marko wrote:When Mikel scores a goal at any world cup, then you compare him to Oliseh! That 1994 team that won the nations cup was packed with world class talent! If Abacha was not hopeless, Nigeria would have won 1996 and probably 1998 nations cup with that squad, 2 world class wingers in Amunike and Finidi, compare that to what we have now
The circular reasoning and goalpost shifting that happens on this website makes having a conversation difficult. Is world cup goals the total measure of a player? In that case Ahmed Musa is the greatest soccer player in the history of Nigerian football.

Mikel did more both for club and country than Oliseh ever did. They have both won ANC and Mikel has CL, Europa, FA cup, league titles, Olympic medal to his name. For anyone who is not just seeking an argument to even suggest Oliseh is better is mind boggling.
Mikel did more for Nigeria than Oliseh? Dear Lord grant me strength.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:The 1994 team would had slapped Croatia?? Lool Nigerians are the most DELUSIONAL fans worldwide walahi
Please go and watch 94 world cup matches again before you start your nonsense trademark yapping abeg.

Bulgaria back then was like Croatia today with world class Stoichkov as their main man. Yes - Stoichkov!

You are delusional!
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051