Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Wed Nov 20, 2019 7:06 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:43 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54495
Location: United Kingdom
(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(2) We have a goalkeeping crisis

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(4) Collins is no Babayaro or Udeze

(5) Ekong’s distribution is woeful

(6) Omeruo is weak in the air and suffers terrible lapses in concentration

(7) Ndidi gives too many free kicks away in dangerous areas

(8)Etebo loses the ball too often

(9) Ighalo does not impose himself on games

(10) Musa is a one-dimensional player

(11) Chukwueze is good but he is easy to read

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(14) I also expect Collins and Chukwueze to improve with time

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(18) We have the nucleus of a team but are about three players short

(19) Our biggest asset for now remains Iwobi. He gives me hope going forward

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:46 am 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3133
Story story story we lost to a better team with QUALITY. cannot fault the players or coach because water always find its level. Ask yourself how many of our players can score that mahrez goal


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:58 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2003 8:41 am
Posts: 39122
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(2) We have a goalkeeping crisis

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(4) Collins is no Babayaro or Udeze

(5) Ekong’s distribution is woeful

(6) Omeruo is weak in the air and suffers terrible lapses in concentration

(7) Ndidi gives too many free kicks away in dangerous areas

(8)Etebo loses the ball too often

(9) Ighalo does not impose himself on games

(10) Musa is a one-dimensional player

(11) Chukwueze is good but he is easy to read

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(14) I also expect Collins and Chukwueze to improve with time

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(18) We have the nucleus of a team but are about three players short

(19) Our biggest asset for now remains Iwobi. He gives me hope going forward

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over


We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!

_________________
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:03 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:44 am
Posts: 2761
Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:43 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2004 1:20 pm
Posts: 239
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(2) We have a goalkeeping crisis

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(4) Collins is no Babayaro or Udeze

(5) Ekong’s distribution is woeful

(6) Omeruo is weak in the air and suffers terrible lapses in concentration

(7) Ndidi gives too many free kicks away in dangerous areas

(8)Etebo loses the ball too often

(9) Ighalo does not impose himself on games

(10) Musa is a one-dimensional player

(11) Chukwueze is good but he is easy to read

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(14) I also expect Collins and Chukwueze to improve with time

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(18) We have the nucleus of a team but are about three players short

(19) Our biggest asset for now remains Iwobi. He gives me hope going forward

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over


I agree with everything you wrote except a Mourinho, Wenger etc which is wishful thinking. Going forward we should be realistic.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:14 am 
Offline

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:43 pm
Posts: 26417
Location: london
We dont have the talent, if we did, Nigeria will be in the final, someone said this team better than 1994 team, that in itself was an insult! This team is average, i think getting to semi final flattered to deceive, either that or the African game is still pretty average! Watch how Europeans will tear Algeria apart
We just dont cut it at this level

_________________
So angry Nigeria got kicked out of the world cup once again, i nearly told my wife that i caught my girlfriend with another man today!

Marko


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:25 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2004 10:58 pm
Posts: 22650
Location: Ukwuani
wanaj0 wrote:
We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!

Wanaj0, what makes you think these players or people you listed are better than those we already have in the team?

_________________
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:28 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 07, 2004 3:07 pm
Posts: 30065
On that display, Iwobi should be sent for a cranial MRI, to exclude a hamster in a wheel having displaced his brain.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34613
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
Odas wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!

Wanaj0, what makes you think these players or people you listed are better than those we already have in the team?

Nwakali as a creative playmaker is better than any player in that team. In hindsight he should've been included over one of the other attackers.

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2597
theYemster wrote:
Odas wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:
We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!

Wanaj0, what makes you think these players or people you listed are better than those we already have in the team?

Nwakali as a creative playmaker is better than any player in that team. In hindsight he should've been included over one of the other attackers.


U are funny....watched Nwakali train with the likes of Saka and co and the guy looked like he was lost....

Ayo has 20points....and every single one of them is wrong.....

The problem is Rohr simple....

If you can’t find a space in your team for 35goals but decide to go with Musa and Moses....u have no business coaching a national team...

For Fock sake this African teams not the World Cup.... with the players we have, u should be hammering the likes of Madagascar, Burundi and Guinea....38% possession against South Africa...with their Messi, Aguero and Neymar...

This is not just Nigeria...every single team in this competition....poor poor apart from Cameroon that has reactive coaches just not the talent

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:22 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:57 pm
Posts: 54495
Location: United Kingdom
Moving forward, I think we can build on this when the World Cup qualifiers start. From what I can see, the players Rohr has are best suited to 3-5-2:


**************Osimhen*************Onyekuru**************

******************************Iwobi***************************

****************Ndidi****************Nwakalai**************

***Collins******************************************Ebuehi***

********Omeruo*********Ekong*********Awaziem***********

******************************Uzoho****************************

Subs
Alampasu
Aina
Abdullahi
Etebo
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu

It is not brimming with world class talent but should be able to get to say the quarter finals of the World Cup. However, Rohr needs to stop playing games and bit the bullet.

He has to summon the courage to let go of some of his favourites. Many of the players on that list need playing time to enable them improve a lot.

_________________
www.fuellingthedeltafires.com


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:31 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 2:04 pm
Posts: 2597
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Moving forward, I think we can build on this when the World Cup qualifiers start. From what I can see, the players Rohr has are best suited to 3-5-2:


**************Osimhen*************Onyekuru**************

******************************Iwobi***************************

****************Ndidi****************Nwakalai**************

***Collins******************************************Ebuehi***

********Omeruo*********Ekong*********Awaziem***********

******************************Uzoho****************************

Subs
Alampasu
Aina
Abdullahi
Etebo
Chukwueze
Kalu
Onuachu

It is not brimming with world class talent but should be able to get to say the quarter finals of the World Cup. However, Rohr needs to stop playing games and bit the bullet.

He has to summon the courage to let go of some of his favourites. Many of the players on that list need playing time to enable them improve a lot.


Not going to insult you but the amount of Rubbish that you post is bewildering.....

When last did u see Nwakali play?
What team is Awaziem playing for next season?
So Collins that can’t pass a ball forward is now a wing back?
After Onuacho’s excellent AFCON.....he is now above Ighalo....

U have issues...

_________________
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:35 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2004 1:59 pm
Posts: 8692
wanaj0 wrote:
Ayo Akinfe wrote:
(1) Our main problem is that there simply was not enough talent in this squad

(2) We have a goalkeeping crisis

(3) Awaziem does not offer enough of an attacking threat going forward and has his defensive frailties too

(4) Collins is no Babayaro or Udeze

(5) Ekong’s distribution is woeful

(6) Omeruo is weak in the air and suffers terrible lapses in concentration

(7) Ndidi gives too many free kicks away in dangerous areas

(8)Etebo loses the ball too often

(9) Ighalo does not impose himself on games

(10) Musa is a one-dimensional player

(11) Chukwueze is good but he is easy to read

(12) Having said all that, Rohr could make the team play better by ending his fixation for certain players. For me, things might have been different if Uzoho, Aina, Mikel and Onyekuru started in place of Akpeyi, Awaziem, Etebo and Musa

(13) As we World Cup qualifiers start, I take hope from the fact that Uzoho, Ebuehi and Osimhen should be back making the team tick better

(14) I also expect Collins and Chukwueze to improve with time

(15) Our biggest problem, however, remains that we have no real class in central midfield. We need a youngster of Mikel’s calibre playing alongside Ndidi

(16) Yesterday, the Algerians preventing us from hitting all those diagonal balls which were so effective against South Africa. That was just a lack of talent

(17) Maybe playing 3-5-2 would have helped with Aina and Collins providing width

(18) We have the nucleus of a team but are about three players short

(19) Our biggest asset for now remains Iwobi. He gives me hope going forward

(20) I do not trust our NFF to get it right if they fire Rohr. It may take them a year to get a replacement or they may end up with someone worse. For now, I would keep him until au have say a Mourinho, Wenger, Bielsa, etc signed up and ready to take over


We need Nwakali, Lukman Haruna and Rabiu Ibrahim in the team!


You left out Juwon Oshaniwa. How could you?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:36 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9642
Location: loughborough.
marko wrote:
We dont have the talent, if we did, Nigeria will be in the final, someone said this team better than 1994 team, that in itself was an insult! This team is average, i think getting to semi final flattered to deceive, either that or the African game is still pretty average! Watch how Europeans will tear Algeria apart
We just dont cut it at this level

Have you read the book "Talent is Overrated"

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 10:39 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2004 5:32 pm
Posts: 31137
We lost because of our mistakes. Yes the team with most mistakes is likely to get punished.
An Own Goal and a free kick given away cost us the match.
I personally think Rohr cannot utilize our players with modern tactics of the game. He strikes me as "old school" in a modern game, both with his tactics and lack reliance on set of players

_________________
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 22, 2004 2:30 pm
Posts: 5389
Location: Queens Village, New York -Abidjan - Lagos
john12 wrote:
Story story story we lost to a better team with QUALITY. cannot fault the players or coach because water always find its level. Ask yourself how many of our players can score that mahrez goal

Ah, finally a voice of reason!!! The Algerian team was a lot better than us. It is a sad truth we all must accept. On that free kick at the last minute, there was nothing the keeper could do. I don't even think Enyema or Nkono could have stopped it.

We lost, let's learn from it and move on.

Cheers!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:10 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:44 pm
Posts: 14684
Location: Here
Tobi17 wrote:
Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:

Ayo forgot to blame the heat too.

:rotf: :rotf: This one hurts. :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
"The young Walt Disney was sacked because he lacked imagination. They advised Marilyn Monroe to become a secretary and Elvis to go back to driving a lorry."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 3:59 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2004 4:37 pm
Posts: 13828
Location: Sandton, SA
Coach wrote:
On that display, Iwobi should be sent for a cranial MRI, to exclude a hamster in a wheel having displaced his brain.

Guy's what is thus fixation with player's brain
There us no evidence you can do better than the players if put in the same situation

_________________
For my sceptical Nigerian Friends : Pessimism is great because you are either always right or pleasantly surprised.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:03 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 10:34 pm
Posts: 3133
Simply they're just making things complicated. The boys tried they will grow and learn with some experience QUALITY was the difference and I have been preaching QUALITY for the longest


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 29, 2004 1:12 pm
Posts: 9642
Location: loughborough.
john12 wrote:
Simply they're just making things complicated. The boys tried they will grow and learn with some experience QUALITY was the difference and I have been preaching QUALITY for the longest

Which quality did Greece have when they won the Euros?

Which quality did Saudi Arabia have when they beat Egypt in the WC?

_________________
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:05 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 40642
Location: UK
Tobi17 wrote:
Damn from 10 to 20 pointers, Sh1t just got serious :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Very!!!!

_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 4:49 pm
Posts: 42516
Location: Pennsylvania
Anyone who says we lost due to lack of talent is a liar and as mentally lazy as Rohr.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:23 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2003 5:59 pm
Posts: 47275
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
green4life wrote:
Anyone who says we lost due to lack of talent is a liar and as mentally lazy as Rohr.


You are being too kind.

Just point them to Madaf$%&@gascar.

_________________
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 51 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group