For the Record Should Rohr be fired?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 35

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

I think Rohr should go. I honestly dislike his football. Its one thing to win playing ugly but completely something else not being able to create a scoring offense.
Last edited by ANC on Mon Jul 22, 2019 5:35 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: For the Record Should Rohr be fired

Post by Tobi17 »

I'm glad everybody voted for the second option.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I add my signature.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:I'm glad everybody voted for the second option.

:rotf:

I am sorry, I dislike his football and player selection.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Interesting poll. I am intrigued with the combination of Seedorf and Kluivert. Cameroon actually played well, they were just not as talented as Nigeria.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:Interesting poll. I am intrigued with the combination of Seedorf and Kluivert. Cameroon actually played well, they just not as talented as Nigeria.

me too. and I love dutch football,
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

He should not be fired. I say this with some reluctance as I do not like his style and mentality. But this group of players need to grow some more together.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Murds, can you guys create a bad belle pity party section where people with chronic bad belle can go and whine with fellow bad belle people who give a shait? Because I...mmm...how do I say this politely? Well, I'm just going to say it ....I don't give a gaddem shait and don't want to hear it.! Thanks..
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Cameroon messed up big time by firing Seedorf and Kluivert. Doesn’t make sense at all. They didn’t even spend up to a year with the team. Not a fair assessment at all, unlike Rhor. I really think that combo will do great if given the time needed to stamp their signature on the team.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Goalgetter wrote:Cameroon messed up big time by firing Seedorf and Kluivert. Doesn’t make sense at all. They didn’t even spend up to a year with the team. Not a fair assessment at all, unlike Rhor. I really think that combo will do great if given the time needed to stamp their signature on the team.

It cost money to keep grass green, you think Seedorf came cheap?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

ANC wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:Cameroon messed up big time by firing Seedorf and Kluivert. Doesn’t make sense at all. They didn’t even spend up to a year with the team. Not a fair assessment at all, unlike Rhor. I really think that combo will do great if given the time needed to stamp their signature on the team.

It cost money to keep grass green, you think Seedorf came cheap?
Lol..I like your grass analogy..If they can’t maintain the grass, why get it in the first place? I have never seen a Cameroonian coaching the Indomitable Lions in my lifetime. How come?
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

ANC,

This poll get as im be. It is a bit lopsided. Why is it designed to divide all the votes of those who want Rohr fired but leave in one pile those that want him to stay?
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

Some guys are really boring here. To be honest.
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Enugu II wrote:ANC,

This poll get as im be. It is a bit lopsided. Why is it designed to divide all the votes of those who want Rohr fired but leave in one pile those that want him to stay?

Well, we are all operating with above average IQ. Its either u want him fired or not. If you don't want him fired, that leaves little option afterwards except the night school being proposed by NFL. All those that want him fired regardless of choice of replacement coach belong in the same bracket. :biggrin:

Then again, if the choice is between him and Equavon, I rather Rohr for live.
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Those who want him fired are still losing even when you combine their votes.

Actually surprising to see, considering the serious bashing Rohr has been getting on this forum.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Orion wrote:

Actually surprising to see, considering the serious bashing Rohr has been getting on this forum.
Yeah but there is another poll showing 11 people wanting him fired, while 3 want him to be retained.

This poll might be confusing.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:

The Euphoria of winning the Golden Bronze something WOWOs are now now celebrating.

I give Pinnick and Rohr credit for successfully convincing Naijarians that winning the Golden Bronze the 8th time is a great achievement. Even convincing them that going to the World cup and collecting Certificate of Participation is better than making it out of your group. He convinced Naijarians that you go to the WC to gain experience. The experience necessary in winning the Golden Bronze.

What is our goal as a footballing nation?

Is our ambition just to qualify?
Play ball and not get disgraced?

How Madagascar and Algeria played us is not a secret. Even Tunisia with the dodgy Keepers figured us out.

At WCQ and the AFCON we can say that all the teams that were grouped with us have improved and we struggled against all of them... in 3 years we should have expected see improvement.

I still question his strategy, tactics, and choice of picking his squad... at the WC he said he was building a team yet took players he won't use again. So what was the point? At the AFCON he loaded with forwards he wouldn't use and had to rely on 2 CM who were overworked with no one coming off the bench to relieve them. He subbing pattern is still a huge work in progress.

Is Rohr's style of play, Naijarian? He is actually coaching the flair out of our team. Laborious in play. Giving up possession. Hardly create chances. Restricting players from flooding the offensive zone. Still extremely loyal to certain players.

Rohr is being retained for non-footballing reasons.

And that's very okay.

Lying that he should be kept for continuity and for his coaching is where I draw a line.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

ANC wrote:

Well, we are all operating with above average IQ. Its either u want him fired or not. If you don't want him fired, that leaves little option afterwards except the night school being proposed by NFL. All those that want him fired regardless of choice of replacement coach belong in the same bracket. :biggrin:

Then again, if the choice is between him and Equavon, I rather Rohr for live.
how is Rohr better than Eguavoen?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Cellular wrote:
Orion wrote:

The Euphoria of winning the Golden Bronze something WOWOs are now now celebrating.

I give Pinnick and Rohr credit for successfully convincing Naijarians that winning the Golden Bronze the 8th time is a great achievement. Even convincing them that going to the World cup and collecting Certificate of Participation is better than making it out of your group. He convinced Naijarians that you go to the WC to gain experience. The experience necessary in winning the Golden Bronze.

How Madagascar and Algeria played us is not a secret. Even Tunisia with the dodgy Keepers figured us out.

At WCQ and the AFCON we can say that all the teams that were grouped with us have improved and we struggled against all of them... in 3 years we should have expected see improvement.

I still question his strategy, tactics, and choice of picking his squad... at the WC he said he was building a team yet took players he won't use again. So what was the point? At the AFCON he loaded with forwards he wouldn't use and had to rely on 2 CM who were overworked with no one coming off the bench to relieve them. He subbing pattern is still a huge work in progress.

Is Rohr's style of play, Naijarian? He is actually coaching the flair out of our team. Laborious in play. Giving up possession. Hardly create chances. Restricting players from flooding the offensive zone. Still extremely loyal to certain players.

And that's very okay.

Lying that he should be kept for continuity and for his coaching is where I draw a line.
I don't know why you guys cannot see this. We were coming from a VERY low point. Pinnick met Keshi (RIP) in the job and allowed him to carry on. We failed to qualify for AFCON 2015. He then got Oliseh followed by Siasia, and we failed to qualify for AFCON 2017. Any further failure would have been the end of Pinnick and his board. Period. If I was Pinnick, at that point, I would have done exactly what he did. Get a coach with MORE experience especially in coaching African national teams. THE RACE OF THE COACH DOESN'T MATTER. We want the RESULTS. We got a guy that qualified us for the World Cup and AFCON with ease so Pinnick kept his job. Keeping him to build on 2 years of work for the 2019 AFCON (just a year after the WC) was a no brainer, IMO. Maybe after 3 years, it is time for a fresh start with a new coach, but hiring Rohr and keeping him for this AFCON was the right move.
Is Rohr's style of play, Naijarian?
When people complained that CCC's and Amodu's teams were not playing well but scraping results, you guys laughed at them as the "feelings" people and said only the "results" matter. Remember? So isn't it hypocritical to complain about how we're not playing the "Naija style" when the coach got better results as those guys in terms of the ease of qualification?

Gernot Rohr
1990 - Bordeaux
1991–1992 - Bordeaux
1996 - Bordeaux
1999–2000 - Créteil
2002–2005 - Nice
2005–2006- Young Boys
2007–2008 - Ajaccio
2008–2009 - Étoile Sahel[3]
2009 - Nantes
2010–2012 - Gabon
2012–2014 - Niger
2015 - Burkina Faso
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

ohenhen1 wrote:Interesting poll. I am intrigued with the combination of Seedorf and Kluivert. Cameroon actually played well, they were just not as talented as Nigeria.
They should go somewhere else to prove themselves instead of coming to nigeria to Trial and Error. Cameroun fired their damn asses. Nigerians, we would never progress with such thinking like you all have.

imagine some people talking about Siasia. of all people?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Orion wrote:

And that's very okay.

I don't know why you guys cannot see this. We were coming from a VERY low point. Pinnick met Keshi (RIP) in the job and allowed him to carry on. We failed to qualify for AFCON 2015. He then got Oliseh followed by Siasia, and we failed to qualify for AFCON 2017. Any further failure would have been the end of Pinnick and his board. Period. If I was Pinnick, at that point, I would have done exactly what he did. Get a coach with MORE experience especially in coaching African national teams. THE RACE OF THE COACH DOESN'T MATTER. We want the RESULTS. We got a guy that qualified us for the World Cup and AFCON with ease so Pinnick kept his job. Keeping him to build on 2 years of work for the 2019 AFCON (just a year after the WC) was a no brainer, IMO. Maybe after 3 years, it is time for a fresh start with a new coach, but hiring Rohr and keeping him for this AFCON was the right move.
When people complained that CCC's and Amodu's teams were not playing well but scraping results, you guys laughed at them as the "feelings" people and said only the "results" matter. Remember? So isn't it hypocritical to complain about how we're not playing the "Naija style" when the coach got better results as those guys in terms of the ease of qualification?

Gernot Rohr
1990 - Bordeaux
1991–1992 - Bordeaux
1996 - Bordeaux
1999–2000 - Créteil
2002–2005 - Nice
2005–2006- Young Boys
2007–2008 - Ajaccio
2009 - Nantes
2010–2012 - Gabon
2012–2014 - Niger
2015 - Burkina Faso

Please, be fair to Siasia. He and Amunike were drafted in to prosecute the two-legged Egypt AFCON qualifiers. He was not the substantive coach.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Orion wrote:

And that's very okay.

Gernot Rohr
1990 - Bordeaux
1991–1992 - Bordeaux
1996 - Bordeaux
1999–2000 - Créteil
2002–2005 - Nice
2005–2006- Young Boys
2007–2008 - Ajaccio
2009 - Nantes
2010–2012 - Gabon
2012–2014 - Niger
2015 - Burkina Faso
Pinnick is the one that created the mess. You can't now be giving him credit for averting an arson that he set himself.

He sabotaged Keshi out of a job. Damn could be said is somewhat responsible for his early death (stress).

He hired Oliseh without much of a due process... and starved him of the support Oliseh demanded.

He hired Siasia to try to salvage the mess Oliseh's exit caused.

We crashed out, he hired Rohr secretively without much of any due process.

Rohr comes in, stabilizes the ship. Excellent.
He has done a good job of that but that is where his limit is.
He can't make us winners. That is not his thing. His thing is disaster management...search and rescue.
Said as much in another thread. If you want growth and to win, you have to get a coach with a winning mentality, not one that is adept at just emergency management and 'triaging' the patient.
And EMS technician is not a physician.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Cellular wrote:
Orion wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Orion wrote:

And that's very okay.

Gernot Rohr
1990 - Bordeaux
1991–1992 - Bordeaux
1996 - Bordeaux
1999–2000 - Créteil
2002–2005 - Nice
2005–2006- Young Boys
2007–2008 - Ajaccio
2009 - Nantes
2010–2012 - Gabon
2012–2014 - Niger
2015 - Burkina Faso
Pinnick is the one that created the mess. You can't now be giving him credit for averting an arson that he set himself.

He sabotaged Keshi out of a job. Damn could be said is somewhat responsible for his early death (stress).

He hired Oliseh without much of a due process... and starved him of the support Oliseh demanded.

He hired Siasia to try to salvage the mess Oliseh's exit caused.

We crashed out, he hired Rohr secretively without much of any due process.

Rohr comes in, stabilizes the ship. Excellent.
He has done a good job of that but that is where his limit is.
He can't make us winners. That is not his thing. His thing is disaster management...search and rescue.
Said as much in another thread. If you want growth and to win, you have to get a coach with a winning mentality, not one that is adept at just emergency management and 'triaging' the patient.
And EMS technician is not a physician.
Agree with this entirely.

However "does he deserved to fired?". NFF gave him a target and he met it. NFF did not specify a certain brand of football or level of performance required from my knowledge. What kind of message are we sending if he was to be fired? How would this be any different to the treatment of his predecessors? This where I'm stuck.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767