IS BEAT SOUTH AFRICA ALL ROHR HAD TO DO

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
IS BEAT SOUTH AFRICA ALL ROHR HAD TO DO

Post by jette1 »

Rohr said many times that reaching a Semifinal would be good accomplishment, now NFF is already hinting his contract would be renewed because he beat South Africa. The call to demand more of him in Egypt even on CE seems to have been pacified with a feeble movement towards the real price. I say he needs to win the whole thing or get going. I would only reconsider only if we beat Algeria convincingly like 2 or 3 zip and total domination otherwise he proven nothing
Last edited by jette1 on Sat Jul 13, 2019 2:45 am, edited 5 times in total.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: IS BEAT SOUTH AFRICA ALL ROHR HAD TO DO

Post by john12 »

Thunder fire your delusional angel* nyash. A team that’s failed to QUALIFY for back to back ANC and is just rejuvenating itself is who you’re mandating to win it’s first ANC PARTICIPATION in 7 years. You criminals just want a local coach that you can bribe to use your players. Shameless agents. As far as I am concerned, this tournament is already a Success for SE
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

IS BEAT :???:
IS RIGHT NONSENSE ALL YOU HAD TO DO? :taunt:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:Thunder fire your delusional angel* nyash. A team that’s failed to QUALIFY for back to back ANC and is just rejuvenating itself is who you’re mandating to win it’s first ANC PARTICIPATION in 7 years. You criminals just want a local coach that you can bribe to use your players. Shameless agents. As far as I am concerned, this tournament is already a Success for SE
They won in 2013 after failing to qualify for the previous tournament. And in 2017 they were edged out by 7 time winners Egypt so it is not as if they were such a poor team. That 2013 win is really proving to be inconvenient for you.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

You people need to stop this nonsense, it's getting too old already. If you are not happy your national team is in the last 4...then you can look at the likes of Ghana, Egypt, Ivory Coast etc... I'm sure they will wish they were in our shoes right now...appreciate your NT SMH.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Tobi17 wrote:You people need to stop this nonsense, it's getting too old already. If you are not happy your national team is in the last 4...then you can look at the likes of Ghana, Egypt, Ivory Coast etc... I'm sure they will wish they were in our shoes right now...appreciate your NT SMH.
You are wasting your time.
Jetta's hatred of Rohr leaves no room in his heart for love for his country.

He would rather see Nigeria crash out of the tournament if it means seeing Rohr fail.
He is a perfect example of many things wrong with our country. You cannot help him.

All you can do is ignore and keep on nurturing the love you have for our country, no matter who wishes to see us fail.

They will not succeed.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

charlie wrote:
Tobi17 wrote:You people need to stop this nonsense, it's getting too old already. If you are not happy your national team is in the last 4...then you can look at the likes of Ghana, Egypt, Ivory Coast etc... I'm sure they will wish they were in our shoes right now...appreciate your NT SMH.
You are wasting your time.
Jetta's hatred of Rohr leaves no room in his heart for love for his country.

He would rather see Nigeria crash out of the tournament if it means seeing Rohr fail.
He is a perfect example of many things wrong with our country. You cannot help him.

All you can do is ignore and keep on nurturing the love you have for our country, no matter who wishes to see us fail.

They will not succeed.
I bet will be the first to react irrationally.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

john12 wrote:Thunder fire your delusional angel* nyash. A team that’s failed to QUALIFY for back to back ANC and is just rejuvenating itself is who you’re mandating to win it’s first ANC PARTICIPATION in 7 years. You criminals just want a local coach that you can bribe to use your players. Shameless agents. As far as I am concerned, this tournament is already a Success for SE
While you might not agree with the thread, I do not share your opinion that a returning team like Nigeria cannot win the AFCON straight away. It's like saying because we were the champion in 2013, it is impossible to miss the next edition, which we did.

Nigeria is in it to win it, at any given time.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Many people continue to surprise me with their posts. It makes me wonder what coach Rohr did to them. We are winning and all these are happening? I am imagining what it would have been if we were knocked out already. Wow!
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Paj of course, we can win and that’s the ultimate goal to win it. However, you cannot start making entitlement comments like Win or termination considering we missed 2 back to back ANC. I think we will get to the final sha
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

My brother I weak oh. At least if you want to talk if failure let the team fail first. Haba...smdh
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

It’s downright dumbness to fire a coach with Rohr’s record. You have to understand that there is a certain class of coach Nigeria can attract. Guardiola isn’t coming to work for us. Off the field, Rohr fits us like a glove and he’s getting the results on the field.

He’s got a shot at pulling some pretty big surprises if he makes it to the next WC. I don’t think he’s the best coach in the world...even he doesn’t think so. But the best coaches are out of our reach. And when you get to the next tier, you’re in a hit or miss world. Rohr is a HIT. Keep him
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:It’s downright dumbness to fire a coach with Rohr’s record. You have to understand that there is a certain class of coach Nigeria can attract. Guardiola isn’t coming to work for us. Off the field, Rohr fits us like a glove and he’s getting the results on the field.

He’s got a shot at pulling some pretty big surprises if he makes it to the next WC. I don’t think he’s the best coach in the world...even he doesn’t think so. But the best coaches are out of our reach. And when you get to the next tier, you’re in a hit or miss world. Rohr is a HIT. Keep him
Thank you. :clap:
I will keep repeating it, Nigerians are a dysfunctional lot.

- Keshi was halfway through an AFCON tournament (which he went on to win) and the NFF had already started negotiating with potential successors and had booked the early plane home. Nigerians loudly condemned the stupidity then but now the same erratic Nigerians are essentially calling for exactly the same thing to happen.

- Amodu was a coach that got results, qualifying us for two separate WC tournaments yet was sacked before he got the chance to perform on the big stage. They say he "didn't play pretty", had "no tactical acumen" and that he was "too arrogant". Nigerians condemned it, (some then, most now) but the same Nigerians are pushing for a change of coach in very similar circumstance for near-identical reasons.

- Is there any wonder why we have the distinguished record of hiring/firing 20 coaches in 20 years, the so-called Nigerian "20/20 Vision". Vision ko, division ni.
With Rohr's 3 years in charge we've finally managed to bring it down to 18/20, but it actually has been as high as 23/20.
Doesn't that just say everything about us as a people? :lol:

- Like you rightly said, Guardiola isn't coming over to take the job. Even if by some magic he were to land here, those who for whatever reason desperately need to prove their Africanness (to those of us wey no ask dem kweshon before lol), will loudly accuse everyone of being a "house negro", of 'wowoism' and in total deference to ''Massa'' the moment Guardiola is given full support. Another dysfunctional trait, obvious overcompensation for a deeper inferiority complex.

Yeah, we may be the fickle fans, but from these same fans the football administrators eventually emerge.
So the Nigerian football problem is in the Nigerian 'DNA'.
We should take a look in the mirror and then go do a DNA blood test, specifically asking them to look for the 'F factor' :smile:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
elerineye
Egg
Egg

Post by elerineye »

pajimoh wrote:
While you might not agree with the thread, I do not share your opinion that a returning team like Nigeria cannot win the AFCON straight away. It's like saying because we were the champion in 2013, it is impossible to miss the next edition, which we did.

Nigeria is in it to win it, at any given time.
Thanks bros. :clap: :clap: :clap:
...work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. - Phil. 2: 12

...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. - Josh. 24: 15

"You need to grow up and respect the fact that people can disagree with you without you getting personal about it. People have a right to express their opinion and you have no right to try and suppress the rights of others because you do not like or disagree with it." - Waffiman
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

I have not met a Nigerian who was not happy with the win. However, fans should be allowed to express their reservation about any aspect of the team on the fan forum. I want Rohr to win the AFCON even though I have my reservations about his style. How is that difficult to understand? Why would I go to Russia (travelling twice from the UK) to watch a Rohr team if I did not want him to succeed? Most people with reservations have complained about his style (too defensive) and the double standards for local coaches (Amodu was fired twice after reaching the semi-final; Keshi is still being insulted after winning in 2013). Admittedly the second issue is not Rohr's fault (he seems to be a very decent man) but you cannot just label those with those reservations as those who want Nigeria to fail. One poster actually calls those who disagree with him about Rohr, crooks.
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

aruako1 wrote:
I have not met a Nigerian who was not happy with the win. However, fans should be allowed to express their reservation about any aspect of the team on the fan forum. I want Rohr to win the AFCON even though I have my reservations about his style. How is that difficult to understand? Why would I go to Russia (travelling twice from the UK) to watch a Rohr team if I did not want him to succeed? Most people with reservations have complained about his style (too defensive) and the double standards for local coaches (Amodu was fired twice after reaching the semi-final; Keshi is still being insulted after winning in 2013). Admittedly the second issue is not Rohr's fault (he seems to be a very decent man) but you cannot just label those with those reservations as those who want Nigeria to fail. One poster actually calls those who disagree with him about Rohr, crooks.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:

aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Robbynice wrote:
My brother I weak oh. At least if you want to talk if failure let the team fail first. Haba...smdh
You know what we went through to get to Kaliningrad. So people who don't share your endless optimism want the team to fail? If I go for an interview and I am not optimistic about the outcome does that mean I want to fail?
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

deanotito wrote:It’s downright dumbness to fire a coach with Rohr’s record. You have to understand that there is a certain class of coach Nigeria can attract. Guardiola isn’t coming to work for us. Off the field, Rohr fits us like a glove and he’s getting the results on the field.

At last, a post that makes a case for Rohr without insulting opposing views or accusing others of hating the team. I totally agree with you.
waka-man
Egg
Egg

Post by waka-man »

It is also fair to say that Rohr is exactly the kind of coach we needed at this time. He’s a poor man’s Mourinho, and we are, lets face it, poor.

More seriously and specifically, after years of looking for the next everything - Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Oliseh, Keshi, West etc, it was time for a coach who just works with the team. We may not like it, but this team’s only real strength is it’s relative discipline and the serenity that surrounds it. Rohr has given us that foundation.

And now he has an emerging generation of players that work well in that. There is not use comparing Oliseh and Ndidi, beyond saying Ndidi is exactly what we need now, as are Etebo, Musa and even Ighalo.

I too want us to be ambitious and entertaining, but being ambitious and entertaining hasn’t gotten us anywhere for a long time.

As for the question has he done enough already. I’d say yes. Not that I don’t think we can win it - indeed I make us marginally the favourites - but getting this far should be enough to renew anyone’s contract.
-------------------------------------------
MY NAME IS WAKA-MAN, and YES, I AM A CHELSEA FAN. Please don't hate me - I was fan when David Ellery dashed Cantona two penalties as Man U beat us 4-0 in the FA Cup final. So I've paid my dues.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:

At last, a post that makes a case for Rohr without insulting opposing views or accusing others of hating the team. I totally agree with you.
The issue aruako1 is that those arguing to retain Rohr, or at least to first give him the chance to fail, seem to be outnumbered and outshouted. Maybe its a case of selective reading, but the insults the 'Rohrmainers' receive on this matter are well documented on these pages.

The accusations against the 'Rohrxiters' is not that they hate the team, but that they hate Rohr and many want him to spectacularly fail to expedite a shameful departure.
They conveniently forget (or ignore) the fact that his failure is the team's failure, a classical case of cutting your nose to spite your face.

This is where half of the predictions of failure are coming from before every single match.
The other half is pre-match anxiety and 'emotional insurance'.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

waka-man wrote:It is also fair to say that Rohr is exactly the kind of coach we needed at this time. He’s a poor man’s Mourinho, and we are, lets face it, poor.

More seriously and specifically, after years of looking for the next everything - Okocha, Kanu, Finidi, Oliseh, Keshi, West etc, it was time for a coach who just works with the team. We may not like it, but this team’s only real strength is it’s relative discipline and the serenity that surrounds it. Rohr has given us that foundation.

And now he has an emerging generation of players that work well in that. There is not use comparing Oliseh and Ndidi, beyond saying Ndidi is exactly what we need now, as are Etebo, Musa and even Ighalo.

I too want us to be ambitious and entertaining, but being ambitious and entertaining hasn’t gotten us anywhere for a long time.

As for the question has he done enough already. I’d say yes. Not that I don’t think we can win it - indeed I make us marginally the favourites - but getting this far should be enough to renew anyone’s contract.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
aruako1 wrote:

The issue aruako1 is that those arguing to retain Rohr, or at least to first give him the chance to fail, seem to be outnumbered and outshouted. Maybe its a case of selective reading, but the insults the 'Rohrmainers' receive on this matter are well documented on these pages.

The accusations against the 'Rohrxiters' is not that they hate the team, but that they hate Rohr and many want him to spectacularly fail to expedite a shameful departure.
They conveniently forget (or ignore) the fact that his failure is the team's failure, a classical case of cutting your nose to spite your face.

This is where half of the predictions of failure are coming from before every single match.
The other half is pre-match anxiety and 'emotional insurance'.
I am not talking about the manic "Rohr must go" people. However, if they state their case without sewing insults it is their right to do so. You are a Rohr supporter and I have never challenged you. It is those who accuse those who do not share their views, of hating the team, that I refer to. If we lose today, and some people call for him to be sacked after the fact, it us a bit if a reach to say that they had been praying for our defeat.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

waka-man wrote:It is also fair to say that Rohr is exactly the kind of coach we needed at this time. He’s a poor man’s Mourinho, and we are, lets face it, poor.

Well said bro. :clap: :clap: :clap:

But I would have supported his sack if Cameroon had beaten us. The loss against Madagascar was primarily his fault. He got the team selection wrong even though he was right to rest some players. And I also believe his performance at the world cup was not good. He made too many tactical errors at that level.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."