ROHR SHOULD BE FIRED 4 FORCING SE INTO DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR SHOULD BE FIRED 4 FORCING SE INTO DEFENSIVE FOOTBAL

Post by Goalgetter »

Goldleaf wrote:After all has been said and done, Gernot Rohr is a defensive coach. His era will be marked as the time when the Super Eagles of Nigeria played counter attacking football whether home or away. If you study all our matches pre the World Cup, the World Cup, pre this CAN and in this CAN, the Super Eagles of Gernot Rohr never set out from the blast of the first whistle to go all out and attack. Rohr featured 4-2-3-1 and emphasised defending first with occasional forays upfront with players like Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo getting his goals.

I felt ashamed that throughout tonight's match, Algeria were on top of us while we were on the back foot. It was utterly disgraceful!

Gernot Rohr never looked for a team like Clemence Westerhof which was based on power, attacking flair and athleticism.

It is time for Gernot Rohr to go.

WE MUST NOW LOOK FOR A COACH EITHER LOCAL THAT BELIEVES IN OUR TRUE PHILOSOPHY OR PREFERABLY A BRAZILIAN OR DUTCH MAN THAT CAN DELIVER POWERFUL ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!

If Cameroon sack Clarence Seedorf, I think we should hire him and Patrick Kluivert.
If Cameroon are smart they’d hold on to those two. Those guys will come really good if given the time. That much I’m pretty sure.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
So u don hear am Mr Rohr Ooo !! :woot: :scared: We da people do not want u anymore bcos u always have us playing not to lose with that sucky assss defense that u had us doing against Argentina last yr and now against Algeria !! :bump:

Fulani herdsmen.. .. where art thouuu :drool: :lol:
==============================================
Aaaaaggghhh gaaadddammmnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Okochadman2Nas
Egg
Egg

Post by Okochadman2Nas »

Goldleaf wrote:After all has been said and done, Gernot Rohr is a defensive coach. His era will be marked as the time when the Super Eagles of Nigeria played counter attacking football whether home or away. If you study all our matches pre the World Cup, the World Cup, pre this CAN and in this CAN, the Super Eagles of Gernot Rohr never set out from the blast of the first whistle to go all out and attack. Rohr featured 4-2-3-1 and emphasised defending first with occasional forays upfront with players like Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo getting his goals.

I felt ashamed that throughout tonight's match, Algeria were on top of us while we were on the back foot. It was utterly disgraceful!

Gernot Rohr never looked for a team like Clemence Westerhof which was based on power, attacking flair and athleticism.

WE MUST NOW LOOK FOR A COACH EITHER LOCAL THAT BELIEVES IN OUR TRUE PHILOSOPHY OR PREFERABLY A BRAZILIAN OR DUTCH MAN THAT CAN DELIVER POWERFUL ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!

If Cameroon sack Clarence Seedorf, I think we should hire him and Patrick Kluivert.

i agree with everything said here
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
We can't continue to keep Rohr, he is a marginal coach at best and it is so obvious to see this :scared: :scared: .

He doesn't even trust his own abilities...hence he had us playing defensive...just as he did in the world cup against Argentina !!

His coaching is sabotaging our true offensive capabilities and hence our true ceiling as a national team

Rohr needs to go000 !!
======================================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
He is a manager and not necessarily a coach.

Man is what Zee calls a football coward. That is not our style. That should be for football minows.

I would have fired him the moment he lost to SA at home.

I am not a believer in hanging on to a mistake because you don't want to seem impetuous.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

:agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Cellular wrote:
kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
We can't continue to keep Rohr, he is a marginal coach at best and it is so obvious to see this :scared: :scared: .

He doesn't even trust his own abilities...hence he had us playing defensive...just as he did in the world cup against Argentina !!

His coaching is sabotaging our true offensive capabilities and hence our true ceiling as a national team

Rohr needs to go000 !!
======================================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
He is a manager and not necessarily a coach.

Man is what Zee calls a football coward. That is not our style. That should be for football minows.

I would have fired him the moment he lost to SA at home.

I am not a believer in hanging on to a mistake because you don't want to seem impetuous.
Exactly.... Nigeria has a footballing style and that is.. .. attacking football laced with deadly passing and hungry strikers, midfield possessiveness, defensive grit and excellent goalkeeping.

If a coach can't fulfill our attacking football style... then he should never be hired in da first place, therefore it is important during coaching interviews to listen carefully to a prospective coach's attacking intensity and his hunger to pile up goals to keep our opponents back against their wall and more or less intimidate them. That was how it was during the Amokachi, Okocha, finidi George yrs.

We can't continue to crash out of tournaments, thinking that we actually left our brand of game in the locker rooms while filing out to play OR basically cheating ourselves and selling ourselves short. Doesn't make any sense !!
:bump: :bump:
===========================================
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Coach wrote:Brazilian coach, to do what with Nigeria that they're struggling to do with Neymar, Coutinho, Thiago et al? Cue the German tumbler slamming down on the cocktail glass. Rohr was simply post-dated, but an "attacking" coach, who and where are they? There is no such thing, the so-called attack mindedness is more a consequence of other forces. Were Algeria led by an attack-minded coach? Yet they dominated possession and teased the backline. There are fundamental issues that need to be addressed before one can truly embrace a philosophical revolution. Have said it for well over a decade, our football is pedestrian, lazy, lethargic. In one word, static. Reactive, seldom proactive. What is attacking football today, if anything its more aggressive pressure on the player in possession, swift recovery of possession in advanced positions and command of the second ball. Look how quickly the press dissipated today, how the application of pressure fast became a half-hearted sprint followed by a leisurely stroll.

Ethos. Simply put, our lazy, languid style worked when Africa still considered our Eagles, Super. Nowadays, Africa's elite are more broadly spread. Mahrez, Salah, Mane, arguably the best players in the continent. Gone are the days when Nigeria had the means of production. Its bigger than Rohr, the old fool is just the icing on the cake.
Wow! Is this writer really 'Coach?' For the first time in a long time, I fully understood what you (he) wrote. Kai, I must give you a hand. :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: Please do it like this next time.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Coach wrote:Brazilian coach, to do what with Nigeria that they're struggling to do with Neymar, Coutinho, Thiago et al? Cue the German tumbler slamming down on the cocktail glass. Rohr was simply post-dated, but an "attacking" coach, who and where are they? There is no such thing, the so-called attack mindedness is more a consequence of other forces. Were Algeria led by an attack-minded coach? Yet they dominated possession and teased the backline. There are fundamental issues that need to be addressed before one can truly embrace a philosophical revolution. Have said it for well over a decade, our football is pedestrian, lazy, lethargic. In one word, static. Reactive, seldom proactive. What is attacking football today, if anything its more aggressive pressure on the player in possession, swift recovery of possession in advanced positions and command of the second ball. Look how quickly the press dissipated today, how the application of pressure fast became a half-hearted sprint followed by a leisurely stroll.

Ethos. Simply put, our lazy, languid style worked when Africa still considered our Eagles, Super. Nowadays, Africa's elite are more broadly spread. Mahrez, Salah, Mane, arguably the best players in the continent. Gone are the days when Nigeria had the means of production. Its bigger than Rohr, the old fool is just the icing on the cake.
This is the best post mortem.
oloye
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by oloye »

This is where i tend to differ from some of the Rohr bashing, when we were bashing Cameroon 4 and this same Algeria 3, was it not the same Rohr? So how did he turn us into a defensive team. His tactics is horrible yes, his prosecution of some matches are questionable and his approach to this afcon games were not satisfactory yes, but we need to keep perspective as it would help not to go overboard while looking for something to nail him with.
"There is big pressure at this club as you cannot be like the manager at Arsenal and ask for five years to try and to win one trophy" - Jose Mourinho

.... I believe in God. I try to be a good man so He can have a bit of time to give me a hand when I need it - Jose Mourinho
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

oloye wrote:This is where i tend to differ from some of the Rohr bashing, when we were bashing Cameroon 4 and this same Algeria 3, was it not the same Rohr? So how did he turn us into a defensive team. His tactics is horrible yes, his prosecution of some matches are questionable and his approach to this afcon games were not satisfactory yes, but we need to keep perspective as it would help not to go overboard while looking for something to nail him with.
Oloye .. ..you have answered our reasoning as to why Rohr needs to go !! :thumbs:

Granted.. .he started out well some couple of yrs ago BUT he has retrogressed starting with the World cup, If u look at the 2nd and 3rd world cup group matches especially against Argentina, his efforts as a coach was lackluster AND this is da reason why many of us wants him gone including Odegbami, Akpoborie etc etc !!

ABEG.. .....Enuff of mediocrity !! :bump:
=========================================
Aaaaaaggggghhhh Gaaadddaaammmnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

oloye wrote:This is where i tend to differ from some of the Rohr bashing, when we were bashing Cameroon 4 and this same Algeria 3, was it not the same Rohr? So how did he turn us into a defensive team. His tactics is horrible yes, his prosecution of some matches are questionable and his approach to this afcon games were not satisfactory yes, but we need to keep perspective as it would help not to go overboard while looking for something to nail him with.
Vic MO and a fit Mikel...they carried ROHR during the qualifiers
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enugu II wrote:We wanted defensive solidity, something different from what Nigerian teams were in the past. Now we have it and we are frowning?
Has this been a myth? Based on the two tournaments he's prosecuted, seems so...

That said, there's stability, no in-fighting, less money issues etc...but I def. don't mind moving on, but it depends on who we are moving on to...same ole recycled names? Another journeyman?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Along with Enyeama they carried Keshi o...this is what your top players are supposed to do...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

maceo4 wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Along with Enyeama they carried Keshi o...this is what your top players are supposed to do...
Abi Ooo... so much for da youth talk on teams that still had Musa, Obi. Ighalo, Balogun, Troost etc These players had so many National games under their belt AND besides how big is the AFCON... when many on the team had actually tasted the WORLD CUP twice or so ?? :???:
===========================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !! :mrgreen:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

maceo4 wrote:
Enugu II wrote:We wanted defensive solidity, something different from what Nigerian teams were in the past. Now we have it and we are frowning?

That said, there's stability, no in-fighting, less money issues etc...but I def. don't mind moving on, but it depends on who we are moving on to...same ole recycled names? Another journeyman?
we had the 2nd worst defense in AFCON 2019...let in over half a dozen goals... we were just a goal shy of 8 let in by Tanzania
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

maceo4 wrote:

Our game best soccer schemes always resembles a mix of Netherland + Brazil game solutions and we have to look for a coach who believes in those style of attributes in their overall soccer technical brand and tactical outlook !! :drool:

NFF.. . are u listening ? :bump:
==================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !! :mrgreen:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

For those interested in facts rather than feelings, here is a comparison of Keshi's record vs Rohr's record with the Super Eagles.
Make of it what you may.
Let the justifications (and the excuses) begin! :lol: :lol: :lol:

No point adding Siasia and Oliseh in the analysis because they had too few games in charge fora meaningful comparison.
What does one expect with out=r typical '20/20 Vision'? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Westerhoff is not on their database.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Le's start with you, Mr DaMunk. What did you make of that comparison which puts Keshi ahead of Rohr? :D
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

Damunk wrote:For those interested in facts rather than feelings, here is a comparison of Keshi's record vs Rohr's record with the Super Eagles.
Make of it what you may.

No point adding Siasia and Oliseh in the analysis because they had too few games in charge fora meaningful comparison.

Keshi is better than Rohr. No argument. One won the AFCON and made it to the second round of the World Cup despite being owed salaries and with little support from the NFF even bothering on hostility and various attempts at interference. The other won a golden bronze in AFCON and exited the World Cup in the first round even with a relatively hefty pay, unparalleled support by the NFF and non-interference. Let's continue playing the ostrich while we flail down the sure path we're heading.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

Obong wrote:
Damunk wrote:For those interested in facts rather than feelings, here is a comparison of Keshi's record vs Rohr's record with the Super Eagles.
Make of it what you may.

Keshi is better than Rohr. No argument. One won the AFCON and made it to the second round of the World Cup despite being owed salaries and with little support from the NFF even bothering on hostility and various attempts at interference. The other won a golden bronze in AFCON and exited the World Cup in the first round even with a relatively hefty pay, unparalleled support by the NFF and non-interference. Let's continue playing the ostrich while we flail down the sure path we're heading.
Would Keshi have fared any better in 2018 than Rohr?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:Le's start with you, Mr DaMunk. What did you make of that comparison which puts Keshi ahead of Rohr? :D
I can see that much of the CE talk on both Keshi and Rohr is BS and isn't based on facts. :D
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:
The YeyeMan wrote:Le's start with you, Mr DaMunk. What did you make of that comparison which puts Keshi ahead of Rohr? :D
I can see that much of the CE talk on both Keshi and Rohr is BS and isn't based on facts. :D
Posting Keshi's record vs Rohr's doesn't help the "RMS" case....
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

As Bell famously put in in 1998 on the old platform, if we cant win with a foreign coach, we should be prepared to lose with an indigenous one.

We are never going to attract a top foreign coach....only journeymen and washed up has-beens. We have been having this debate on the CE for over 20 years now, and no plan in place to develop and support our coaches/ex-players.

Please lets thank Rohr for his services and support our indigenous coaches. Give them the resources to succeed, including courses and training as needed. We need to create a pool, cadre of coaches the national team can tap into.

Let's move beyond WOWO and ONO.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."