ROHR SHOULD BE FIRED 4 FORCING SE INTO DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR SHOULD BE FIRED 4 FORCING SE INTO DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL !!

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
First his did this during the world cup last yr against Argentina at the World CUp and now this time around when we should be playing football from the get go.

It's time for our FA to see that Rohr is a defensive coach and not an attacking coach... and as such, we cannot go anywhere with him !!
=================================================
Aaaaaggghhhhh gaaaddammmn itt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR SHOULD BE FIRED 4 FORCING SE INTO DEFENSIVE FOOTBAL

Post by kash n' karry »

We can't continue to keep Rohr, he is a marginal coach at best and it is so obvious to see this :scared: :scared: .

He doesn't even trust his own abilities...hence he had us playing defensive...just as he did in the world cup against Argentina !!

His coaching is sabotaging our true offensive capabilities and hence our true ceiling as a national team

Rohr needs to go000 !!
======================================================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

They played Algeria like they were a Brazil of Argentina. Unbelievable that a Nigerian team would play an African team like that. Rhor has to go! Today if possible.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Rohr is just not ambitious enuff for Nigerian at the national level... i noticed this at the world cup

and the Argentinean was confirmation for which i thought the NFF shoulda fired and hire a more offensive minded coach
who is also more proactive on the sidelines.
===========================================
Aaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

You guys and your delusion. When was this offensive Nigerian team, and what exactly did they win with this imaginary offensive prowess?
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

1naija wrote:You guys and your delusion. When was this offensive Nigerian team, and what exactly did they win with this imaginary offensive prowess?
You never watched Nigerian matches unless I gave out free links :D ...........You have zero opinion and you didn't watch today's match.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I don't think a new coach will help. The type of players being chun out by Nigeria right now are the same and are all poor. Its because of the local league not financially robust so that quality local players can stay at home rather than playing in Anywherenistan. So we are picking among less than 50 players playing in the top leagues in overseas and the lack of competition shows. If we have a robust local league then we can be picking from a pool of over 1000 players.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

oscar52 wrote:I don't think a new coach will help. The type of players being chun out by Nigeria right now are the same and are all poor. Its because of the local league not financially robust so that quality local players can stay at home rather than playing in Anywherenistan. So we are picking among less than 50 players playing in the top leagues in overseas and the lack of competition shows. If we have a robust local league then we can be picking from a pool of over 1000 players.
That's nonsense...............we have very good players to play the Nigerian way.
Every country has it's football culture/strength, if you don't play to your strengths you will start losing to the likes of Madagascar with their French 4th div players.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

1naija wrote:You guys and your delusion. When was this offensive Nigerian team, and what exactly did they win with this imaginary offensive prowess?
3 Afcons
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Goldleaf
Egg
Egg

Post by Goldleaf »

After all has been said and done, Gernot Rohr is a defensive coach. His era will be marked as the time when the Super Eagles of Nigeria played counter attacking football whether home or away. If you study all our matches pre the World Cup, the World Cup, pre this CAN and in this CAN, the Super Eagles of Gernot Rohr never set out from the blast of the first whistle to go all out and attack. Rohr featured 4-2-3-1 and emphasised defending first with occasional forays upfront with players like Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo getting his goals.

I felt ashamed that throughout tonight's match, Algeria were on top of us while we were on the back foot. It was utterly disgraceful!

Gernot Rohr never looked for a team like Clemence Westerhof which was based on power, attacking flair and athleticism.

It is time for Gernot Rohr to go.

WE MUST NOW LOOK FOR A COACH EITHER LOCAL THAT BELIEVES IN OUR TRUE PHILOSOPHY OR PREFERABLY A BRAZILIAN OR DUTCH MAN THAT CAN DELIVER POWERFUL ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!

If Cameroon sack Clarence Seedorf, I think we should hire him and Patrick Kluivert.
Last edited by Goldleaf on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

zee wrote:
oscar52 wrote:I don't think a new coach will help. The type of players being chun out by Nigeria right now are the same and are all poor. Its because of the local league not financially robust so that quality local players can stay at home rather than playing in Anywherenistan. So we are picking among less than 50 players playing in the top leagues in overseas and the lack of competition shows. If we have a robust local league then we can be picking from a pool of over 1000 players.
That's nonsense...............we have very good players to play the Nigerian way.
Every country has it's football culture/strength, if you don't play to your strengths you will start losing to the likes of Madagascar with their French 4th div players.
Nigeria has the talent to play any style or formation they want. However it seems we hire foreign coaches who do
1. Not rust their coaching prowress
2. Not trust the abilities of their players talent
3. Respect the opponents too much
4. Not want to be ruthless enuff to play offensively while keeping the defense tight
5. Do subconciously sabotage our football excellence
=================================================
Aaaaagghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

with the material u have he has done very well
Leave him alone
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Goldleaf wrote:After all has been said and done, Gernot Rohr is a defensive coach. His era will be marked as the time when the Super Eagles of Nigeria played counter attacking football whether home or away. If you study all our matches pre the World Cup, the World Cup, pre this CAN and in this CAN, the Super Eagles of Gernot Rohr never set out from the blast of the first whistle to go all out and attack. Rohr featured 4-2-3-1 and emphasised defending first with occasional forays upfront with players like Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo getting his goals.

I felt ashamed that throughout tonight's match, Algeria were on top of us while we were on the back foot. It was utterly disgraceful!

Gernot Rohr never looked for a team like Clemence Westerhof which was based on power, attacking flair and athleticism.

WE MUST NOW LOOK FOR A COACH EITHER LOCAL THAT BELIEVES IN OUR TRUE PHILOSOPHY OR PREFERABLY A BRAZILIAN OR DUTCH MAN THAT CAN DELIVER POWERFUL ATTACKING FOOTBALL!!!

If Cameroon sack Clarence Seedorf, I think we should hire him and Patrick Kluivert.
Kpom......very disgraceful performance by our cowardly coach.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

the fact that these delusionall people have below average players and expect WINNERS is was getting me angry. even legends like Kanu okocha finidi oliseh only one 1 ANC their entire career and they want to blame this man for this defeat
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

Goldleaf wrote:After all has been said and done, Gernot Rohr is a defensive coach. His era will be marked as the time when the Super Eagles of Nigeria played counter attacking football whether home or away. If you study all our matches pre the World Cup, the World Cup, pre this CAN and in this CAN, the Super Eagles of Gernot Rohr never set out from the blast of the first whistle to go all out and attack. Rohr featured 4-2-3-1 and emphasised defending first with occasional forays upfront with players like Victor Moses and Odion Ighalo getting his goals.

I love these 2 coaches too... we need coach that have a coaching philosophy centered around power, attacking flair, athleticism, ruthlessness on opponents and at same time keeping defensive attitude and culture tight !! :bump:
==========================================
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! Wherez my big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Chriskendo43
Egg
Egg

Post by Chriskendo43 »

shut up you not making any sense Rohr is a poor coach nothing you can do about it
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

zee wrote:
I am sorry buddy, except maybe Iwobi and Awazien, those players on the field are not good players.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Brazilian coach, to do what with Nigeria that they're struggling to do with Neymar, Coutinho, Thiago et al? Cue the German tumbler slamming down on the cocktail glass. Rohr was simply post-dated, but an "attacking" coach, who and where are they? There is no such thing, the so-called attack mindedness is more a consequence of other forces. Were Algeria led by an attack-minded coach? Yet they dominated possession and teased the backline. There are fundamental issues that need to be addressed before one can truly embrace a philosophical revolution. Have said it for well over a decade, our football is pedestrian, lazy, lethargic. In one word, static. Reactive, seldom proactive. What is attacking football today, if anything its more aggressive pressure on the player in possession, swift recovery of possession in advanced positions and command of the second ball. Look how quickly the press dissipated today, how the application of pressure fast became a half-hearted sprint followed by a leisurely stroll.

Ethos. Simply put, our lazy, languid style worked when Africa still considered our Eagles, Super. Nowadays, Africa's elite are more broadly spread. Mahrez, Salah, Mane, arguably the best players in the continent. Gone are the days when Nigeria had the means of production. Its bigger than Rohr, the old fool is just the icing on the cake.
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

What defensive football? There is neither offense, midfield or defense in that team today.
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The wild swings of Omeruo and gaping hole in midfield, defensive football, supposedly.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Of the several threads pent up on emotion, this one has logic to it. I do not claim that by changing the team's philosophy that Nigeria will suddenly dominate AFCON or win the World Cup but the team surely will play a more attractive game. If our goal is attractive soccer, then changing Rohr will surely make sense. But we ought to have known this when he was hired. We wanted defensive solidity, something different from what Nigerian teams were in the past. Now we have it and we are frowning?

If we are changing Rohr because we surely can dominate Africa then my answer is that making such a change will guarantee us nothing. Senegal and the Ivory Coast continue to produce academy graduates more likely to play at the top clubs in Europe than we do. Moreover, the teams in Africa are so closely matched that victory is not guaranteed simply by having a top coach. Besides who is that top coach? At this AFCON, we have two local coaches taking their teams to the championship game! Yet, most Nigerians believe that a top local coach will not do for Nigeria. Who is that foreign coach with the magic wand? I doubt that one exists out there and is willing to come to Nigeria.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

zee wrote:
This is actually a really good point. When a Nigerian team conceded possession to every team they play, then questions have to be asked. You have to maximize your strength..Under Rhor this team is neither strong in attack nor defense. Why? Simply because he is forcing players that have a natural affinity for attacking to become defenders. Even Musa that would should after taking out his man doesn’t do that anymore.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
hestonap
Egg
Egg

Post by hestonap »

All I know is that while paying significantly less amount of money and at the same time providing lesser degree of support to he local coaches the led the Eagles - Nigeria made it to the semis - with Amodu, Egu and CCC.

For much less money, Keshi won the Nations cup and matched Nigeria's best world cup outing.

It is time, we learnt to respect ourselves and put our own people in charge and provide the same degree of support that 3rd rate foreigners like Rohr and his ilk have been given.

If Nigeria is unable to attract the big named coaches, then put our own folks back in charge. We have at least 2 if not 3 generation of players who have played to the highest levels and ought to be given an opportunity. Enough of putting geriatric journeymen in charge of the national team unless they have true world class competence.

As for Rohr, now is the time for him to go. He has had the opportunity of 2 competition qualifiers and led the Eagles to 2 major outings. I do not see how he can improve this team any further.

A big thank you to him for his effort thus far but it is time for him to go in my view.
God bless and keep Nigeria and make his face shine on her undeserving as she may be.