We went to a tournament with ONLY 4 midfielders...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Tobi17
Egg
Egg
We went to a tournament with ONLY 4 midfielders...

Post by Tobi17 »

Whom were all defensive minded mids, we overplayed two tired players in Ndidi and Etebo who had run more mileages than a brand new sports car, missed out on trying our variations in attack (Osimhen, Kalu, Chukwueze) combination would have provided us more mobility and width... we stuck with the same old Musa and Ighalo whom we all know are one dimensional... we got found out. A team with no winning mentality, I would have rather we fought and took the game to a PK where it was any man's game... than conceding in the death of an half that would have seen more go a little more in extra time... Abeg I tire jare, in all the better team won. Rohrs contract ends soon in a few months , so this should be the last year we will see of him. We dey mock Ghana say dem never win any trophy since the bangable days of Queen Elizabeth... yet we are yet to catch up!

Oya Tfco and Rawlings you midgets can now crawl out of your holes :rotf:
Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: We went to a tournament with ONLY 4 midfielders...

Post by Enyi »

Not 4.....2( Ndidi, Etebo) the other two Mikel and Ogu...came to learn
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

who else could he had called? another backwater league player at turkey? even ndidi that's one of our best was made as a toy boy
Komani
Egg
Egg

Post by Komani »

Your hero Musa plays in a so called "backwater" league. 4 midfielders is disgraceful.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

Enyi wrote:Not 4.....2( Ndidi, Etebo) the other two Mikel and Ogu...came to learn

no they came to collect pension.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Enyi wrote:Not 4.....2( Ndidi, Etebo) the other two Mikel and Ogu...came to learn
I remember when the list was released seeing the time we were discussing Iheanacho, I said I'd have dropped a striker for an additional midfielder, Nwakali. But even if not him then certainly someone else.

The team had problems creating chances. Most of our goal scoring threat came from Musa but his final delivery and decision making made it a nonstarter. I hope now we can try to fix that.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯