Okay, So Lets Do A SWOT Analysis on Rohr...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okay, So Lets Do A SWOT Analysis on Rohr...

Post by fabio »

imehjunior wrote:Strength -

1. Good man manager
2. Picked his squad on merit.

Weakness -

1. Set in his ways, we used same system all tournament long - even against Madagascar- .
2. Slow to react even to the point of freezing. No changes against Algeria even when we were down. Most coaches would have done something different.
3. Plays it too safe. Like my oga will say, overcarefullness when driving na bad driving. To scared to give new players Chances. Seems to stumble into his team list and not well thought out.

Opportunity-

1. He has helped established a pool to pick from
He picked 4 Midfielders in a squad of 22, that's merit.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:...if we are sincere and want to be objective - a tall order if you ask me.
Too much oestrogen and testosterone flowing up and down whenever his name is mentioned.

So what do you see as his:
Strengths
1. He is Oyibo.
2. He doesn't rock the boat.
3. He likes being owed.
4. He tells his team that they are not good enough and plays that way.
5. He does his spiving very well. Hides it very well that no one questions why he remains loyal to certain players.
6. He maintains a loyal camp and team.
7. He doesn't like change.

Weaknesses.
1. He is Oyibo.
2. He doesn't rock the boat.
3. Knows nothing about offensive football.
4. His bench are always top heavy and scanty.
5. Slow in making changes and reading the game.
6. In game adjustment in strategy and tactics is like pulling teeth.
7. He really doesn't have any discernible offensive pattern other than setting up his team to be a counter-attacking team.
8. He is somewhat rigid when it comes to swapping personnel or using them differently.
9. He is loyal to players.

Opportunities.
1. Has the ability to entice our foreign born players into playing for us.

Threats
1. Psychophant WOWOs
2. The NFF
3. Sports writers

Maybe we can reach some kind of consensus?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Cellular wrote:
Threats This should be ENABLERS
1. Psychophant WOWOs
2. The NFF
3. Sports writers

By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

fabio wrote:
imehjunior wrote:Strength -

1. Good man manager
2. Picked his squad on merit.

Weakness -

1. Set in his ways, we used same system all tournament long - even against Madagascar- .
2. Slow to react even to the point of freezing. No changes against Algeria even when we were down. Most coaches would have done something different.
3. Plays it too safe. Like my oga will say, overcarefullness when driving na bad driving. To scared to give new players Chances. Seems to stumble into his team list and not well thought out.

Opportunity-

1. He has helped established a pool to pick from
He picked 4 Midfielders in a squad of 22, that's merit.
What I mean is those he picked are based on merit. We hardly argue he should have picked A or why is B there .
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija
AreaDaddy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by AreaDaddy »

They should have sacked this journeyman after the World Cup.

He has the mentality of a community school librarian.
---
"Nobody seems to want to live in a democracy anymore. All they want is to live in a dictatorship that supports their point of view."
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

AreaDaddy wrote:They should have sacked this journeyman after the World Cup.

:thumbs: :thumbs: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

chei :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

:scared:
Wow! Xeroxed!
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

When the SE played against Three Lions at Wembley, I had a seat at the top area where I had a vantage view of what was going on below.

I could see a pattern to the Three Lions. There was absolutely none to the SE. At one point when SE were trying to play through the middle, the English wingers threw bodies to one side of the pitch unsettling the SE defenders. This same pattern of attacking SE was used by Algeria.

It wasn't until Rohr switched to an attacking formation in the second half that England was put on the back foot.

What this tells me is that Rohr's approach and tactics are emasculating this teams and keeping them from performing at the levels they need to be on the pitch.

I could care less what happens off the pitch if it does not translate to results on the pitch.

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

cchinukw wrote:When the SE played against Three Lions at Wembley, I had a seat at the top area where I had a vantage view of what was going on below.

I could see a pattern to the Three Lions. There was absolutely none to the SE. At one point when SE were trying to play through the middle, the English wingers threw bodies to one side of the pitch unsettling the SE defenders. This same pattern of attacking SE was used by Algeria.

It wasn't until Rohr switched to an attacking formation in the second half that England was put on the back foot.

What this tells me is that Rohr's approach and tactics are emasculating this teams and keeping them from performing at the levels they need to be on the pitch.

I could care less what happens off the pitch if it does not translate to results on the pitch.
Rohr, with his history of coaching continental minnows such as Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso, has brought a “small team” mentality to coaching Nigeria. He regularly treats his team as underdogs, talking down their chances, and this has led to approaching games with the negligent mindset of playing on the counter. Nigeria clearly doesn’t have the type of defensive concentration and a goalie to invite pressure and the majority of their counter-attacks fizzle out because of a poor final ball. "

Rohr is a Niger Republic, Gabon, Burkina Faso etc kind of coach... his mentality suits teams like that, Nigeria has way too much pedigree and ambition to limit ourselves to now playing the underdog tag to literally any team we meet, courtesy of our small minded coach. We should just stick to our own, ride or die with our own, fail with our own, and succeed with our own- a Nigerian coach.
Source Naijiant
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

fabio wrote:
cchinukw wrote:When the SE played against Three Lions at Wembley, I had a seat at the top area where I had a vantage view of what was going on below.

Rohr, with his history of coaching continental minnows such as Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso, has brought a “small team” mentality to coaching Nigeria. He regularly treats his team as underdogs, talking down their chances, and this has led to approaching games with the negligent mindset of playing on the counter. Nigeria clearly doesn’t have the type of defensive concentration and a goalie to invite pressure and the majority of their counter-attacks fizzle out because of a poor final ball. "

Rohr is a Niger Republic, Gabon, Burkina Faso etc kind of coach... his mentality suits teams like that, Nigeria has way too much pedigree and ambition to limit ourselves to now playing the underdog tag to literally any team we meet, courtesy of our small minded coach. We should just stick to our own, ride or die with our own, fail with our own, and succeed with our own- a Nigerian coach.
Source Naijiant
Very much agree with you Fabio.

Our expectations are extremely low at the moment. I can't believe we are elated at AFCON and WC qualification just because we'd been out for a while.

For the avoidance of doubt to anyone unfamiliar with Nigerian football beyond the last 15 years, WC/AFCON qualification is the very least expected of Nigeria.

The world expect Nigeria to be at every major competition. At this point in our history, we should be aiming to win the damn thing. If we have that as our focus and transmit that to the coach with the necessary support, we'd be aiming for the finals.

Enough of this we haven't qualified for the last 2 AFCONs BS already!

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

fabio wrote:

Source Naijiant
I can only kpom your post............... :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Nna, I said this a year ago...
He gives the impression of someone who should be sipping wine in a chateau on the Swiss Alps instead of coaching at an elite football tournament.

I have serious reservations about his competence.
Nothing has changed except I now see him as the friendly and accommodating head waiter who serves wine to guests on the Swiss Alps. Imagine being coached by a guy who normally spends his day asking diners if they'd like to sample the Cabernet Sauvignon. Odiegwu.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Do you think winning a game at the World cup is even easy? You were the lowest ranked team at your group and lowest rated players at your group but you think you should be beating Argentina and Croatia with WORLDCLASS players MENTAL illness. Now, you lost to a QUALITY goal instead of congratulating your opponents you're finding who to blame
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

I can't wait for his replacement to be announced.
But wait o! Too many pages of complaining, still nobody is suggesting a new coach.
Instead, we are hearing the names of the same coaches they ran out of town the last time around.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

john12 wrote:Only Nigerians want to sack coaches for accomplishing their preontractual GOAL. Imagine your employers treating you in such manner
Chelsea FC begs to disagree. Dial up Sarri, Benitez, Hiddink, Conte, etc as CFC managers who were disengaged after accomplishing their goals and being released from their job at the end of the season even as they were still lifting trophies .... talkless of a golden bronze.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote:I can't wait for his replacement to be announced.
But wait o! Too many pages of complaining, still nobody is suggesting a new coach.
Instead, we are hearing the names of the same coaches they ran out of town the last time around.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Any coach at these point, is better than Rohr.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:
Any coach at these point, is better than Rohr.
"Dem go dey parambulate but go still dey..." :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
K
Egg
Egg

Post by K »

Zelex wrote:Strengths: Good man manager, consistent level of performances and results, provides stability (very important in the Nigerian environment).

Weaknesses: Rigid thinking, uninspiring subs, tactically average, poor attacking coordination

Opportunities: Don't really see any

Threats: None

After the Madagascar game, I knew Nigeria couldn't win this ANC. Truth be told, Nigeria based on play quality would rank about 4th in this tournament but I felt good tactics could take us all the way. The Madagascar game surprised me in terms of the tactics displayed by Rohr. I've left this tournament having less confidence in him personally.
Nice analysis. I will also mention his negative uninspiring pessimistic "we are here to learn" outlook to life. Even if he is good tactically, such thinking cannot take you far. Not a leadership material!
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Consedering we didnt even qualify for the last 2 tournaments.
Oya back to the matter
open and close
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Damunk wrote:...if we are sincere and want to be objective - a tall order if you ask me.
Too much oestrogen and testosterone flowing up and down whenever his name is mentioned.

So what do you see as his:
Strengths : He knows how to organize a team to be defensively solid. Arguably, none of the goals we conceded at the AFCON was as a result of defensive disorganisation. All were due to individual lapses.

Weaknesses: His side lacks flair. The Eagles played largely route one football and were painful to watch. In the Algeria game, the best moments for Nigeria came in the second half when we started playing out from the back albeit because the Algerians went into defensive mode.

Opportunities: There is still a lot of improvement that can be achieved in making the Eagles a better possession based team. This is something that can be achieved even with his current roaster. The Eagles need to be able to play through or past the press. The addition of players like Ademola Lookman will improve the squad significantly

, and
Threats: Nigerian fans and their biases, impatience and penchant to wring the changes. Their criticisms are not unfounded though.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Watch us revisit this thread in 2022 and be discussing the coach's tactics or lack thereof.

Goodluck to anyone who thinks that Rohr will magically transform the SE beyond an undergraduate team of perennial learners.