Okay, So Lets Do A SWOT Analysis on Rohr...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Okay, So Lets Do A SWOT Analysis on Rohr...

Post by Damunk »

...if we are sincere and want to be objective - a tall order if you ask me.
Too much oestrogen and testosterone flowing up and down whenever his name is mentioned.

So what do you see as his:
Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

Maybe we can reach some kind of consensus?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Okay, So Lets Do A SWOT Analysis on Rohr...

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:...if we are sincere and want to be objective - a tall order if you ask me.
Too much oestrogen and testosterone flowing up and down whenever his name is mentioned.

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

Strengths - He is Oyinbo!
Weaknesses - He is old and clueless :) No upside
Opportunities - Opportunity for him to retire and go to his village
Threats - John 12 is misleading him and leading him astray
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Damunk wrote:...if we are sincere and want to be objective - a tall order if you ask me.

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

The man is a Coward and will play like a coward even if handed France.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

wanaj0 wrote:

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

:clap: :clap:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

He's a waste of time, his contract ends by December... pay him and he can fucck off to wherever he came from.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Strength: he has good man management skills, he selects our best available players, he scouts for unknown but good players like Collins ebuehi. He gives youths a chance

Weakness: he is slow in substitution. Sometimes, you should be making substitution at half time
He is loyal to certain players

Overall, he has been a tremendous success considering when he came on board, talent available and meeting his goal. A new coach will most likely fail to qualify us for the next world cup and if I was rohr personally, I will RESIGN. Nigerians are officially DELUSIONAL
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

john12 wrote:Strength: he has good man management skills, he selects our best available players, he scouts for unknown but good players like Collins ebuehi. He gives youths a chance

Weakness: he is slow in substitution. Sometimes, you should be making substitution at half time

Overall, he has been a tremendous success considering when he came on board, talent available and meeting his goal. A new coach will most likely fail to qualify us for the next world cup and if I was rohr personally, I will RESIGN. Nigerians are officially DELUSIONAL
Meaning he is on some players payroll :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Not neccessary more like coaches like players instead of removing them. I.e rohr like big man forward sometimes is better playing your best finisher as a striker even if he isn't good at holding the ball. Overall, rohr was a SUCCESS
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

wanaj0 wrote:
john12 wrote:Strength: he has good man management skills, he selects our best available players, he scouts for unknown but good players like Collins ebuehi. He gives youths a chance

Meaning he is on some players payroll :)
:rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

wanaj0 wrote:

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

zee wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: The man is a Coward and will play like a coward even if handed France.
Tobi17 wrote:He's a waste of time, his contract ends by December... pay him and he can fucck off to wherever he came from.
wanaj0 wrote:Meaning he is on some players payroll :)

And there you have it...the typically excellent analysis coming from some of Nigeria's best and brightest 'lazy' youths. :P
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Only Nigerians want to sack coaches for accomplishing their preontractual GOAL. Imagine your employers treating you in such manner
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Strengths: Good man manager, consistent level of performances and results, provides stability (very important in the Nigerian environment).

Weaknesses: Rigid thinking, uninspiring subs, tactically average, poor attacking coordination

Opportunities: Don't really see any

Threats: None

After the Madagascar game, I knew Nigeria couldn't win this ANC. Truth be told, Nigeria based on play quality would rank about 4th in this tournament but I felt good tactics could take us all the way. The Madagascar game surprised me in terms of the tactics displayed by Rohr. I've left this tournament having less confidence in him personally.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

wanaj0 wrote:

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Come, na by brother you dey tok of like dat? Na watin?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Damunk wrote:
wanaj0 wrote:

Strengths
Weaknesses
Opportunities, and
Threats

zee wrote: :clap: :clap: :clap: The man is a Coward and will play like a coward even if handed France.
Tobi17 wrote:He's a waste of time, his contract ends by December... pay him and he can fucck off to wherever he came from.
wanaj0 wrote:Meaning he is on some players payroll :)

And there you have it...the typically excellent analysis coming from some of Nigeria's best and brightest 'lazy' youths. :P
At least we are reaching a 'consensus' :tic:
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Zelex wrote:Strengths: Good man manager, consistent level of performances and results, provides stability (very important in the Nigerian environment).

Weaknesses: Rigid thinking, uninspiring subs, tactically average, poor attacking coordination

Opportunities: Don't really see any

Threats: None

After the Madagascar game, I knew Nigeria couldn't win this ANC. Truth be told, Nigeria based on play quality would rank about 4th in this tournament but I felt good tactics could take us all the way. The Madagascar game surprised me in terms of the tactics displayed by Rohr. I've left this tournament having less confidence in him personally.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: We played South Africa with a certain plan and won. In your next game, you still want to play the same tactic? Even a new born baby should know the Algerians have done a deep analysis after scouting you and your players and, devised a game plan to nullify your tactic.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

We were outplayed in all areas in our game with Algeria - yesterday - and I am pissed.
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Rohr is probably better as the team's psychologist and co-ordinator. He seems to be able to get his programs implemented. However as a coach, I don't think he's up to scratch. He's too conservative, way too conservative that it's borderline low self esteem.

You can have a conservative approach and philosophy in a pragmatic way, but his comes around as one borne out of fear or lack of confidence. High risk, high reward. Low risk, low reward.

He is a reactionary coach rather than a proactive one, and even so he is very slow to react to situations.

I think we need a younger and more vibrant coach. A coach that's not only tactically astute, but also one that can challenge his players to put in the personal time for self improvement they really need to. Dunno why but not this guy.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Uncle Damunk,

Rohr has coached Nigeria in two Finals (WC and AFCON), his tactics, team selection, substitution and bench leaves much to be desired after each tournament.

Strength: His strength comes from the fact that he has escaped Press scrutiny in Nigeria. Those who would have critic him are either working in the in the National teams as Press Officers, other can't be bothered. He has had a good press (there was incident in camp regarding Mikel Obi, the incident was not reported by any of the sporting press) I hope you get my point. He has either managed the players very well or his ability to block leaks and bad news as helped him.

Weakness: His style of play is predicable: Organise a tight defence, pass the ball to the fast wingers (Musa, Simon Moses, Chukwueze), who will then pass the ball to Ighalo. Unfortunately, Ighalo is not that 'fast' (like Yekini), majority of the time, the wingers would get to place whereby they need to cross the ball to the striker. Due to Ighalo lack of pace: there are missed placed passes or the opposing defence has had time to regroup. This could be remedied if Rohr had a panache for playing attacking midfielder(s), however his midfield pairings are defensive, extremely defensive.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Strenghts- He has a good trainer. The team is physically fit. Always have enough energy towards the end of games. He is also diplomatic with the NFF. Okay man management skills.

Weaknesses- Too conservative in his approach. Poor in game tactical adjustments which we all saw against Argentina, South Africa, Madagascar and most recently Algeria. Too loyal to his favorite players even when they are under performing. Not good with young players. Too defensive minded. Poor at scouting for new players.

Opportunity- hire a coach that meets the criteria needed by Nigeria. He has 5 months left his contract. So no big buyout needed.

Threats- The same people that made the mistake in hiring Rohr will be in charge of the hiring process to hire a replacement. They could hire some one far worse than Rohr. The Eagles is also not an attractive job for most top managers. So there is a risk of another journey man foreign coach been given the job.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

fabio wrote:Uncle Damunk,

Rohr has coached Nigeria in two Finals (WC and AFCON), his tactics, team selection, substitution and bench leaves much to be desired after each tournament.

Strength: His strength comes from the fact that he has escaped Press scrutiny in Nigeria. Those who would have critic him are either working in the in the National teams as Press Officers, other can't be bothered. He has had a good press (there was incident in camp regarding Mikel Obi, the incident was not reported by any of the sporting press) I hope you get my point. He has either managed the players very well or his ability to block leaks and bad news as helped him.

Weakness: His style of play is predicable: Organise a tight defence, pass the ball to the fast wingers (Musa, Simon Moses, Chukwueze), who will then pass the ball to Ighalo. Unfortunately, Ighalo is not that 'fast' (like Yekini), majority of the time, the wingers would get to place whereby they need to cross the ball to the striker. Due to Ighalo lack of pace: there are missed placed passes or the opposing defence has had time to regroup. This could be remedied if Rohr had a panache for playing attacking midfielder(s), however his midfield pairings are defensive, extremely defensive.
what happened
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
fabio wrote:Uncle Damunk,

what happened
Too :P
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: slave.

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
imehjunior
Egg
Egg

Post by imehjunior »

Strength -

1. Good man manager
2. Picked his squad on merit.

Weakness -

1. Set in his ways, we used same system all tournament long - even against Madagascar- .
2. Slow to react even to the point of freezing. No changes against Algeria even when we were down. Most coaches would have done something different.
3. Plays it too safe. Like my oga will say, overcarefullness when driving na bad driving. To scared to give new players Chances. Seems to stumble into his team list and not well thought out.

Opportunity-

1. He has helped established a pool to pick from
"Nigeria's No.1 problem is that all the smart Nigerians and those who know the solutions to everything are hiding here on CE." 1naija