Naijiant.com calls for Rohr's head

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Naijiant.com calls for Rohr's head

Post by cic old boy »

Rohr’s supporters may claim that he is handicapped by the talent at his disposal. This is certainly not the Nigeria of Jay-Jay Okocha, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu and so on. But Rohr has clearly not made the best of what he has available. It is hard to see any Nigerian player that is performing better because of the coach. Teams like Madagascar have played better football, showed more invention, better teamwork and organisation than Nigeria, despite having players of lesser quality. This must be on the coach’s head. The football is just as disjointed as it was the day he took over.
More: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/riyad-m ... fcon-semi/
http://www.naijiant.com/
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: Naijiant.com calls for Rohr's head

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we have not improved under rohr...those games we won during the WCQs were not because of Rohr, but because of VicMo
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kajifu
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kajifu »

He need to go,small Madagascar where he spend more time there refused to hire him turn him down.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Words on marble culled from your report...

"Algerian opposite number Djamel Belmadi only took over as coach in August last year and he has got his team playing in a way that Rohr can’t even dream about, despite the German having had a three-year advantage to fine tune Nigeria. Rohr, with his history of coaching continental minnows such as Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso, has brought a “small team” mentality to coaching Nigeria. He regularly treats his team as underdogs, talking down their chances, and this has led to approaching games with the negligent mindset of playing on the counter. Nigeria clearly doesn’t have the type of defensive concentration and a goalie to invite pressure and the majority of their counter-attacks fizzle out because of a poor final ball. "

Rohr is a Niger Republic, Gabon, Burkina Faso etc kind of coach... his mentality suits teams like that, Nigeria has way too much pedigree and ambition to limit ourselves to now playing the underdog tag to literally any team we meet, courtesy of our small minded coach. We should just stick to our own, ride or die with our own, fail with our own, and succeed with our own- a Nigerian coach.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

I was done with the fraud once I saw the Super Eagles to Three Lions.

The lack of ideas was glaring to all who have eyes. Only the dishonest will wish a continued relationship with Rohr.

Quite frankly, I have had it with German coaches. There is no fit with Super Eagles.

Begone Rohr! Adios! Please don't let the door hit you on the way out. :mad:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Sampo
Egg
Egg

Post by Sampo »

cchinukw wrote:I was done with the fraud once I saw the Super Eagles to Three Lions.

The lack of ideas was glaring to all who have eyes. Only the dishonest will wish a continued relationship with Rohr.

Quite frankly, I have had it with German coaches. There is no fit with Super Eagles.

The evidence cannot be disputed.

Manfred Hoener, Berti Vogts, and even now the best of this bunch, Gerhnot Rohr.

Their individual characteristics and overall performance output point to a negative or low yield. FACT!
In style, tactics and making optimum utilization of the resources available to them in charge of the SE, history and records unquestionably support this glaring disconnect.

I'd say these guys only brought the acknowledged German organisational skill to squad management. They should have been hired as administrative managers or consultants to our rowdy football federation. Assessing them vs. our other European coaches (the Dutch and the Yugoslav), no relative coaching dividends under the Germans.

Granted Nigeria has her own mess, can anyone outline what our German coaches have in common with our football tradition and philosophy?
S a m p o
Fly, Eagles! Fly!!!
Senator WIRES
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Senator WIRES »

I have always suspected Naijant to be a cannibalistic animal!! calling for a man's head? :lol: :lol:
"BIAFRA is a FAILED Project!! "Biafranism tends to make people hard of intellectual hearing"-ohsee.
!

"the problem with you people is that you want every thing to be Igbo and you pronounce it Igbo and then force it to be Igbo" IKWERREMAN
"The trouble with you is that you are blinded by prejudice and only see what you want to see." CIC to Dr. SAB
"..there are a handful of mindless Igbos on this forum that are an embarrassment to themselves"CiC
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr, with his history of coaching continental minnows such as Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso, has brought a “small team” mentality to coaching Nigeria. He regularly treats his team as underdogs, talking down their chances, and this has led to approaching games with the negligent mindset of playing on the counter.

Rohr is a Niger Republic, Gabon, Burkina Faso etc kind of coach... his mentality suits teams like that, Nigeria has way too much pedigree and ambition to limit ourselves to now playing the underdog tag to literally any team we meet, courtesy of our small minded coach.
Been saying this for well over a year....

Poor cultural fit. If he was managing Kenya or even Ghana I'd understand.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

cic old boy wrote:
Rohr’s supporters may claim that he is handicapped by the talent at his disposal. This is certainly not the Nigeria of Jay-Jay Okocha, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu and so on. But Rohr has clearly not made the best of what he has available. It is hard to see any Nigerian player that is performing better because of the coach. Teams like Madagascar have played better football, showed more invention, better teamwork and organisation than Nigeria, despite having players of lesser quality. This must be on the coach’s head. The football is just as disjointed as it was the day he took over.
More: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/riyad-m ... fcon-semi/
:clap: :clap:
Comrade, just reading this. This is some excellent piece.

Captures my sentiments.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

cchinukw wrote:I was done with the fraud once I saw the Super Eagles to Three Lions.

The German game has moved on since Rohr’s time.
http://www.naijiant.com/