Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Benedict Iroha
Egg
Egg
Re: Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Post by Benedict Iroha »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Aliou Cissé

Senegalese Football Leaders wanted white people who were asking for a lot of money.
I went to beg el hadji diouf and some former footballers to go ask the government to recruit me. But, it was difficult because the minister wanted alain giresse (French) who was asking for millions of francs.

After long weeks of discussions with French without agreement, the minister invited me to an office and I seized the opportunity to tell him: ' I don't run after the million just allow me to serve my country.
Today I beat more than 9 Great European coaches to épuis the playoffs to arrive in the final.
God also allowed me to beat alain giresse today to ask African leaders to give their brothers luck instead of spending the time running behind white people.

The Senegalese Keshi
:clap: :clap:
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

Bigpokey24 wrote:I think the NFF, should work on vetting the following , also they must give them all the support they gave that pathetic prehistoric loser named Rohr...

Samson SiaSia
Sunday Oliseh
Austin Eguavon
Finidi George
Emmanuel Amnunike
Daniel Amokachi

Let the NFF work on getting these winners ( Senegal and Algeria are perfect examples) no foreign coach will ever win the worldcup..France, England, Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Spain, Germany and Italy all won the world cups with LCs

The money peakmilk was using to brag and shout all over the IG , twitter or whatever can be used to pay our LCs..
The only person that has distinguished himself as a solid coach in this list, in recent times is Sunday Oliseh
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Give Finidi the job. QED. Have him work with Taribo or Mutiu and pay them well too. Or even hire Seedorf.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote:
pajimoh wrote:If we are thinking Nigerians only, then we are not thinking
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

We need to stop this trial by error selection of our coaches on sentiments

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: #1 Reason why it hard to make a case for an LC.
We set up our problems, the react in anger when things fall apart.
Trial by error selection is the perfect description. You can see that few if any of the guys here would have a clue how to run the NFF. Look at the sorry list of names coming up for consideration. :lol:

Too many people here shedding crocodile tears for the late Stephen Keshi, for Oliseh, Siasia and even Amodu.
I am absolutely certain that the guys here on CE were ruthless in their bashing of Keshi, esp when he failed to qualify for the AFCON tournament. All this sympathetic talk about not being supported wasn't seen as a legit excuse by many at the time.

Even if we dig up threads during the trophy-winning AFCON tournament there will be page after page of Keshi bashing. At one point Keshi's stats were said to be one win in 12 games.
But all is conveniently forgotten for now as we play our usual game of 20/20 Vision.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

^here we go again with the failed narrative of digging old CE archives about what was said or not. You just lack the basic knowledge of focussing, so you digress to irrelevant things. My goodness focus . Those names will do a much better job than Rohr, and for a less cheaper price..rohr earns 200k a month ....we are paying Rohr 200k for the worst Afcon results we've had since 2010....smh
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:^here we go again with the failed narrative of digging old CE archives about what was said or not. You just lack the basic knowledge of focussing, so you digress to irrelevant things. My goodness focus . Those names will do a much better job than Rohr, and for a less cheaper price..rohr earns 200k a month ....we are paying Rohr 200k for the worst Afcon results we've had since 2010....smh
"For a less cheaper price" says it all.

Meanwhile, you are one of those that should be afraid of old CE threads being dug up because you are as inconsistent as Trump's flapping lips.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

BAP wrote:Siasia and Amunike I would also consider Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo

Siasia has shown capacity to work under pressure and his teams attack without losing defensive composure so he would be my number 1

Amunike was great at u-17 his resume at sr level is pretty short but i think its a gamble worth taking .

Amokachi in my mind is too tied to the Keshi era. Yes Keshi(rip) won the ANC but thereafter it went downhill from there .
I'd rather Rohr than that joker Siasia. He is that bad.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Benedict Iroha wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Aliou Cissé

Senegalese Football Leaders wanted white people who were asking for a lot of money.
I went to beg el hadji diouf and some former footballers to go ask the government to recruit me. But, it was difficult because the minister wanted alain giresse (French) who was asking for millions of francs.

After long weeks of discussions with French without agreement, the minister invited me to an office and I seized the opportunity to tell him: ' I don't run after the million just allow me to serve my country.
Today I beat more than 9 Great European coaches to épuis the playoffs to arrive in the final.
God also allowed me to beat alain giresse today to ask African leaders to give their brothers luck instead of spending the time running behind white people.

The Senegalese Keshi

My top choice. :thumb:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:^here we go again with the failed narrative of digging old CE archives about what was said or not. You just lack the basic knowledge of focussing, so you digress to irrelevant things. My goodness focus . Those names will do a much better job than Rohr, and for a less cheaper price..rohr earns 200k a month ....we are paying Rohr 200k for the worst Afcon results we've had since 2010....smh

Meanwhile, you are one of those that should be afraid of old CE threads being dug up because you are as inconsistent as Trump's flapping lips.
you can dig as much as you want, you will never ever find a thread of me bashing a local coach .... once again focus
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

you can dig as much as you want, you will never ever find a thread of me bashing a local coach .... once again focus
That's why you are inconsistent, duh! :taunt:
Your comments are never thought through and never based on principle; they're based on feelings.

...and how much pork you've been fed.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Don't mind him his a DELUSIONAL Clown. I remember him bashing Siasia when he had disagreement with Mikel and ditto Oliseh. Clowns
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Any 1994 SE will do for me......even our own Dean Oloye :thumbs: will do a better job than the German coward. :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

cchinukw wrote:
BAP wrote:Siasia and Amunike I would also consider Westerhoff and Bonfrere Jo

Siasia has shown capacity to work under pressure and his teams attack without losing defensive composure so he would be my number 1

Amunike was great at u-17 his resume at sr level is pretty short but i think its a gamble worth taking .

Amokachi in my mind is too tied to the Keshi era. Yes Keshi(rip) won the ANC but thereafter it went downhill from there .
I'd rather Rohr than that joker Siasia. He is that bad.
At least his teams played entertainning soccer and he got results .

Getting Bronze at the Olympics in the midst of all the organizational disarray speaks volumes on what he can do in a properly run environment.

If he got half the support Rohr got we would have won this ANC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: #1 Reason why it hard to make a case for an LC.
Trial by error selection is the perfect description. You can see that few if any of the guys here would have a clue how to run the NFF. Look at the sorry list of names coming up for consideration. :lol:

Too many people here shedding crocodile tears for the late Stephen Keshi, for Oliseh, Siasia and even Amodu.
I am absolutely certain that the guys here on CE were ruthless in their bashing of Keshi, esp when he failed to qualify for the AFCON tournament. All this sympathetic talk about not being supported wasn't seen as a legit excuse by many at the time.

Even if we dig up threads during the trophy-winning AFCON tournament there will be page after page of Keshi bashing. At one point Keshi's stats were said to be one win in 12 games.
But all is conveniently forgotten for now as we play our usual game of 20/20 Vision.
KPOM. I was about to state the same. I am TOTALLY STUNNED by the mass number of CEs now proclaiming Keshi as great. Really, really stunned. Where were they when Keshi was being bashed? Can they truly fess up and admit they were among those bashing Keshi? All of a sudden Keshi has become an example. Na real wa! Yet many of them were accusing Keshi of taking cuts under the table, being clueless, etc. The only true guy I respect who was with Keshi is the GREAT ZEE. He fought CE,almost singlehandedly, from thread to thread. That he is now calling for Rohr's scalp, I respect even though I may disagree. At least, he is a man of conviction.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Zelex wrote:I don't think any of the of local coaches listed will improve the SE in terms of results. Brand of football, most likely. I don't think Nigeria can go into the next set of qualifiers trying to rebuild etc, that's not what is needed. The names listed are a huge risk to the current stability in my opinion. The reward may be great but I'm not convinced.
Well Keshi won the ANC and at least got us to WC 2nd round ... neither of which Mr Rohr did
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:

KPOM. I was about to state the same. I am TOTALLY STUNNED by the mass number of CEs now proclaiming Keshi as great. Really, really stunned. Where were they when Keshi was being bashed? Can they truly fess up and admit they were among those bashing Keshi? All of a sudden Keshi has become an example. Na real wa! Yet many of them were accusing Keshi of taking cuts under the table, being clueless, etc. The only true guy I respect who was with Keshi is the GREAT ZEE. He fought CE,almost singlehandedly, from thread to thread. That he is now calling for Rohr's scalp, I respect even though I may disagree. At least, he is a man of conviction.
So what is your solution ? Continue with Rohr ?

I bashed Keshi when he was bad and I praised Keshi when he was great..Its part of the Job . And if I recall correctly you yourself did an article on the sheer number of players that Keshi tried for the super eagles and the corresponidn high recidivism rate

Personally I have never Bashed Siasia ..I have always felt he has been hard done by by the Nigerian FA and never really given the time or the support to do his thing as Coach

That has always been my take

Whatever the case may be LC's come at a fraction of the cost and there is no discernible improvement in Nigeria's record by hiring an FC
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

BAP wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:

So what is your solution ? Continue with Rohr ?

I bashed Keshi when he was bad and I praised Keshi when he was great..Its part of the Job . And if I recall correctly you yourself did an article on the sheer number of players that Keshi tried for the super eagles and the corresponidn high recidivism rate

Personally I have never Bashed Siasia ..I have always felt he has been hard done by by the Nigerian FA and never really given the time or the support to do his thing as Coach

That has always been my take

Whatever the case may be LC's come at a fraction of the cost and there is no discernible improvement in Nigeria's record by hiring an FC
BAP,

My position has been clear over the years. If a coach has shown that he can get Nigeria consistently among Africa's best -- qualify for WC and play in the medal round of the AFCON then give that coach an opportunity to continue with the work. It indicates a pattern of good work that often leads to winning trophies. You win trophies, in most cases, by building that consistency and chemistry. This is why I supported the continuation of Keshi and the continuation of Amodu and now the continuation of Rohr. It is a pattern that we know has brought trophies as exemplified in Keshi and Westerhoff. On the other hands, we have had poor coaches who never could qualify the SE for the WC or get to AFCON medal rounds. I will not and has not ever advocated for such coaches to lie left on the job. There are markers that exist for effective and ineffective SEE coaches. We know those markers. Leave emotions aside. Simply follow those markers. They are there.

Firing a coach after each disappointment has brought very little for us. Most people here shouted FIRE and DO AWAY with Keshi. He was a player agent, he had no clue, he was incompetent, etc. That is what they claimed. Keshi was disrupted and then fired. What happened? No AFCON. Two straight tournaments! It was a low low point.

We fired Amodu after he got us to the World Cup and qualified for the medal rounds of the AFCON (2002 and 2010). What happened? In those two World Cups, we collapsed horrendously in the opening round with his replacements (Onigbinde and Lagerback). In the last firing, his replacement failed to reach the AFCON tournament. Go figure.

Now Rohr has taken us to the medial round and he has brought back respect to our national team. The madness has begun again. FIRE Rohr!!! We never learn.

Now, if you state that it isn't about the winning but simply about the style of play. If you state that we cannot stomach defensive football spewed by Rohr. We want to go back to attacking football. NOW, you have a point. Rohr will never produce attacking football. But you must then ask, when we had attacking football, what did we win then?

My brother, the call is simply ridiculous if you ask me especially when this team has shown again that we are one of Africa's best. You can never guarantee winning the AFCON. I don't care if you bring in Mourinho or Guardiola. None of them (I repeat: None of them) can guarantee winning the AFCON. Take that to the bank. The AFCON is not a piece of cake because there are good enough coaches in the AFCON and the talent level is evenly spread at the top. This isn't club football where you can buy the best players and then win the trophy. You are restricted to the talent available via nationality.

My tuppence. I am OUT.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Enugu II wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:

Exactly!
He is consistent and unequivocal. I give him that even if many a time, like now, I do not agree with him.
That's why he has a legit mouth to talk.
Most of the rest just change and run with their hormones.

I've checked many of the Keshi era threads and its embarrassing.
Make we just leave that side first.
"Fire this! fire that!'
What has it done for us?
All it has ever done for us is to shoot ourselves in the foot.

Nigerians need to look in the mirror :roll:
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

joao wrote:Yeah, we need to dump Rohr and bring in someone we can influence his selections,
then curse him out when things fall apart.
We never learn our lessons, yet we have the feel of being entitled to win every match.
Football is not an exact science, but we pretend it is. No guarantees, but we pretend there is.
No matter who the next coach is, wining is never going to be certain.

BTW, amidst the ongoing debate on the effectiveness of Rohr relative to the talents at his
disposal, have anyone stopped to evaluate the players? Which of them is truly top class, and
how coachable? Hyped players are not necessarily the best for every team/system, but fans
demand they play.

Just like with our politics, our complaints are just for the sake of it.
Kpom!

On another note, the site admins should consider introducing a "like" and "dislike" button for every post. It would be nice to like/dislike a post without having to make a post. Just saying.
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

Nobody considering Mike Emenalo? He has worked for two top clubs in Europe in a major capacity especially at Chelsea where he had exposure to first team training. Not to talk of the managers he has worked with as well at Chelsea and Monaco. No other Nigerian has had such top flight exposure. Besides he can’t do any worst than some of the names mentioned already so it’s worth a gamble to see if his years at Chelsea working with the Mourinhos et al, can bring something to the SE.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

kbt wrote:Nobody considering Mike Emenalo? He has worked for two top clubs in Europe in a major capacity especially at Chelsea where he had exposure to first team training. Not to talk of the managers he has worked with as well at Chelsea and Monaco. No other Nigerian has had such top flight exposure. Besides he can’t do any worst than some of the names mentioned already so it’s worth a gamble to see if his years at Chelsea working with the Mourinhos et al, can bring something to the SE.
But is he a coach? It's not every wood Carver that is a carpenter.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kbt
Egg
Egg

Post by kbt »

pajimoh wrote:
kbt wrote:Nobody considering Mike Emenalo? He has worked for two top clubs in Europe in a major capacity especially at Chelsea where he had exposure to first team training. Not to talk of the managers he has worked with as well at Chelsea and Monaco. No other Nigerian has had such top flight exposure. Besides he can’t do any worst than some of the names mentioned already so it’s worth a gamble to see if his years at Chelsea working with the Mourinhos et al, can bring something to the SE.
But is he a coach? It's not every wood Carver that is a carpenter.
He was assistant first team coach for spell before he became Technical Director