Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

zee
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Top Contenders to Coach our SE

Post by zee »

Damunk wrote:Search the CE archives.
Apart from Finidi who has never done any Nigeria-related coaching, every one of the mentioned Nigerian coaches has been cursed out by the fickle analysts of CE
Every single one of them - the very last being Amunike as recently as a fortnight ago when his Tanzanian team was described as the worst coached team at AFCON 2019.

Now we are hearing that Amunike is The Solution.

If I were him, I'd be saying "thanks, but no thanks"
Nigerians will crucify him at the earliest sign of trouble and everything being said in today's hysteria would have been long forgotten. :idea:
It doesn't matter, Nigerians even 'cursed out Westerhof, Legendary Keshi and Amodu'................but it never stopped them from delivering the goods.

Rohr is a cowardly BUFFOON. :curse: :curse: :curse: :curse:
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:Recycling the same junk.
And it's no surprise that the two finalists are the most talented teams in Africa.
Musical chairs.
Local --> Foreign --> Local --> Foreign --> Local......

''Dem go dey parambulate but go still dey"

"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

pajimoh wrote:If we are thinking Nigerians only, then we are not thinking
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

We need to stop this trial by error selection of our coaches on sentiments

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
BS.................But it never stopped the Legendary Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs: from qualifying for 2 WCs nor did it stop the IMMORTAL Keshi aka the Great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: from winning Afcon and qualifying for the WC and getting to the 2nd Rd with less talented players than the Cowardly Wowo :curse: has at his disposal.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Apart from Finidi who has never done any Nigeria-related coaching, every one of the mentioned Nigerian coaches has been cursed out by the fickle analysts of CE
Every single one of them - the very last being Amunike as recently as a fortnight ago when his Tanzanian team was described as the worst coached team at AFCON 2019.

Nigerians will crucify him at the earliest sign of trouble and everything being said in today's hysteria would have been long forgotten. :idea:

total number of goals we've let in this AFCON
I want damunk to be flogged with a koboko and also i want cold water poured all over his body and then salt placed on his face, hands and feet.. then i want someone to give him a very dirty slap, and then let him run all around tin can island port .. then also i want that koboko to be used to tie his left wrist with the right leg and also i want someone to open his mouth and make person pour sand sand inside him mouth ..after that , then we fit carry damunk go Alaba market make e stand for sun for 2 hours, when that is over, I go make sure bobo live for face me i face you while sharing bath room with his neighbors until rohr is fired... also he must wear that green jersey attached to akpeyi's number 16 jersey until december 24th

damunk has been the worst CE on this forum..he loves mediocrity[/quote]
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

joao wrote: Yeah, we need to dump Rohr and bring in someone we can influence his selections,
then curse him out when things fall apart.
We never learn our lessons, yet we have the feel of being entitled to win every match.
Football is not an exact science, but we pretend it is. No guarantees, but we pretend there is.
No matter who the next coach is, wining is never going to be certain.

BTW, amidst the ongoing debate on the effectiveness of Rohr relative to the talents at his
disposal, have anyone stopped to evaluate the players? Which of them is truly top class, and
how coachable? Hyped players are not necessarily the best for every team/system, but fans
demand they play.

Just like with our politics, our complaints are just for the sake of it.
A REAL window of opportunity is about to open for the: 'You chop I chop and the brown bag' people. Oh, I forgot to mention the AGENTS as well. Siddon look activated. Good luck to us.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

I don't think any of the of local coaches listed will improve the SE in terms of results. Brand of football, most likely. I don't think Nigeria can go into the next set of qualifiers trying to rebuild etc, that's not what is needed. The names listed are a huge risk to the current stability in my opinion. The reward may be great but I'm not convinced.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Zelex wrote:I don't think any of the of local coaches listed will improve the SE in terms of results. Brand of football, most likely. I don't think Nigeria can go into the next set of qualifiers trying to rebuild etc, that's not what is needed. The names listed are a huge risk to the current stability in my opinion. The reward may be great but I'm not convinced.
Which STABILITY.......................you mean like the peace of the graveyard?
It shows what Rohr has done to our confidence.............when Nigerians are happy with losing to Madagascar and Algeria, you know that we are finished.
The NFF left the great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: on 'play by play' contract, claiming that a WC 2nd rd loss to CRIMINAL French team :curse: was a tragedy............................now the cowardly Wowo Rohr :curse: :curse: has got you stupid HOUSE-NEGROES to accept that losing to Madagascar is a normal result.

I hate NIGERIANS :curse: :curse: :curse: with low self esteem.................
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Zelex wrote:I don't think any of the of local coaches listed will improve the SE in terms of results. Brand of football, most likely. I don't think Nigeria can go into the next set of qualifiers trying to rebuild etc, that's not what is needed. The names listed are a huge risk to the current stability in my opinion. The reward may be great but I'm not convinced.
it makes no difference.... If they aren't given a chance, then when? Nigeria will never win the worldcup with a FC, Nigeria last won AFCON with a LC,(Keshi) Nigerian made it to the 2nd Round with a LC(keshi) .. Nigeria had the worst defense with a FC(Bora) at the worldcup
Nigeria has the worst defense at the AFCON with a FC ( Rohr)

so why should a FC get a pass...

WE have a lot of time to use a LC to get into speed..The next AFCON is in 2 years...and the Next World Cup will be in November /December of 2022.... that's close to 4 years ( 6 months in 19. 20,21, 22) WE have 3 years and 6 months to prepare
SuperEagles

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
it makes no difference.... If they aren't given a chance, then when? Nigeria will never win the worldcup with a FC, Nigeria last won AFCON with a LC,(Keshi) Nigerian made it to the 2nd Round with a LC(keshi) .. Nigeria had the worst defense with a FC(Bora) at the worldcup

WE have a lot of time to use a LC to get into speed..The next AFCON is in 2 years...and the Next World Cup will be in November /December of 2022.... that's close to 4 years ( 6 months in 19. 20,21, 22) WE have 3 years and 6 months to prepare
Tanzania had the worst defense.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Synopsis wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

........And the worst players................no biggie.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Bigpokey24 wrote:

I'm a huge fan of Keshi but he had that pedigree. I would have gone for Emmanuel Amuneke but he wasn't very good with Tanzania (arguably the worst team in the ANC). You may be right though, one may just need to take that chance. Rohr despite his below average CV was gambled on so why not a LC. I'm just not sure which local coach has the potential.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

some people wants to turn SE to assanal alas wenger
SuperEagles

Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

zee wrote:
It shows what Rohr has done to our confidence.............when Nigerians are happy with losing to Madagascar and Algeria, you know that we are finished.
The NFF left the great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: on 'play by play' contract, claiming that a WC 2nd rd loss to CRIMINAL French team :curse: was a tragedy............................now the cowardly Wowo Rohr :curse: :curse: has got you stupid HOUSE-NEGROES to accept that losing to Madagascar is a normal result.

The stability that has allowed Nigeria to qualify for their first ANC since 2013. :roll: :roll:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Zelex wrote:
zee wrote:

The stability that has allowed Nigeria to qualify for their first ANC since 2013. :roll: :roll:
BS.....We didn't qualify for 2011, Keshi qualified 2013 and won IT.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

zee wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Madagascar had the worst players.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Seedorf?
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Synopsis wrote:
zee wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:

Madagascar had the worst players.
Not sure.................according to our resident Rohr boyboy(John12), Madagascar players were better than our players 'cos they play in France 4th Div.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

zee wrote:
1. The NFF and the players traditionally don't respect our LC's. They will owe them money and the coaches will revert to brown envelopes
2. How many of these coaches are currently coaching and proved their worth? Amunike did not make any dramatical impact with the little he had with Tanzania. Does he then deserve a bigger gig?
3. Are you all so sure that these guys are tactically clued with the "Press" and how to nullify it and other prevailing tactics?

Right about now, I'll take an effective foreign coach with a proven record of doing something extraordinary with ordinary resources.
BS.................But it never stopped the Legendary Amodu :thumbs: :thumbs: from qualifying for 2 WCs nor did it stop the IMMORTAL Keshi aka the Great MIC :thumbs: :thumbs: from winning Afcon and qualifying for the WC and getting to the 2nd Rd with less talented players than the Cowardly Wowo :curse: has at his disposal.
I like when people use the story of Sarah to tell women that at the age of 80, you can still bear a child.
Keshi is the only local coach to win AFCON. He was frustrated to the extent of almost resigning on the eve of the tournament. In his next AFCON, he was out of contract and failed to qualify as a result of all the impediments put in his way.

For every Amodu and Keshi you listed how many LC's failed due to their treatments or lack of.....?

You might as well bring back Pa Oni if lack of recent coaching activities is not a hindrance.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

:clap: :agree: :clap: :agree: :clap: #1 Reason why it hard to make a case for an LC.
We set up our problems, the react in anger when things fall apart.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

zee wrote:
Zelex wrote:
zee wrote:

BS.....We didn't qualify for 2011, Keshi qualified 2013 and won IT.
Yes.....and so??? This doesn't stop the fact that Rohr qualified Nigeria to the ANC after two consecutive failed attempts. The records are there to see whether you like it or not, he has brought stability to the SE over the last few years. FACT.
Last edited by Zelex on Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

pajimoh wrote:
zee wrote:

I like when people use the story of Sarah to tell women that at the age of 80, you can still bear a child.
Keshi is the only local coach to win AFCON. He was frustrated to the extent of almost resigning on the eve of the tournament. In his next AFCON, he was out of contract and failed to qualify as a result of all the impediments put in his way.

For every Amodu and Keshi you listed how many LC's failed due to their treatments or lack of.....?

You might as well bring back Pa Oni if lack of recent coaching activities is not a hindrance.
Nothing more to add. :clap: :clap:
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The YeyeMan wrote:Seedorf?
I would have been excited about it but I haven't seen anything that makes me think he's a good coach.

edit - in fact he just got fired for being "unfit"
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

I think there is more to be looked at than just former SE players.