Solace Chukwu Makes Rohr Exit Case..

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin
Solace Chukwu Makes Rohr Exit Case..

Post by YUJAM »

A good one too

https://www.goal.com/en/news/afcon-2019 ... 5udyojiakf

Afcon 2019: Algeria vs. Nigeria - Willingness to seize the moment proves the difference

23:13 7/14/19

In the week the remake of the timeless classic ‘The Lion King’ was released, there was a reminder on Sunday night of what the sagely Mufasa called “the circle of life”.

The concept of a hierarchical food chain is manifest in nature, and all living things have, and know, their place. So it proves in football also: having preyed upon South Africa in the quarter-final of the Africa Cup of Nations, Nigeria were in turn set upon by Algeria in the same way. Not just a defeat, but one which showed just how wide the chasm is between the sides.

Algeria have been the most impressive side in the competition – in their application, in the clarity of their identity and gameplan, in their cohesion. These three things are rarely found in one place in international football, and yet Djamel Belmadi’s side have found a way to mine them inside the 12 months he has been in charge.

The challenge for the Super Eagles was to come up with an approach which would unsettle a side with no glaring weaknesses.

Rohr, incumbent for three years, has preached the gospel of patience, trying the faith of many and driving a philosophical discussion: at what point does belief become delusion?

His insistence on the youthfulness of his team, while useful in terms of deflecting pressure, betrays a man who struggles to understand when it becomes necessary to seize a moment, to ride a wave.

At the World Cup in Russia last year, his lack of ambition, faced with a palpably weak Argentina side, left a bad taste. However, his protestations just about flew: the Super Eagles were the youngest team at the tournament, and the individual quality gradient might well have been too steep for them to scale in spite of La Albiceste’s collective dysfunction.

How then can this latest disappointment be explained away? It is not so much the result, but the manner of it; as great a side as Algeria is, they do not dwarf their Nigerian counterparts in terms of ability or profile, Riyad Mahrez aside. Why then did it look like even parity against this side was a blight on football, some miscarriage of justice?

The difference, if one is immediately apparent, can be glimpsed in the mentality of the helmsmen: when the white-hot hand of opportunity rests on Rohr’s shoulder, the German recoils; his Algerian counterpart has let it brand his flesh and start an infectious fever in the rest of his side.

Speaking in a press conference before the start of the tournament, Belmadi said, “I am often lectured about a transition period. I put in 100% every day to win the competition. Why wait?”

The contrast between this attitude and Rohr’s could not be starker. For all the talk of Nigeria having missed out on the previous two Africa Cups of Nations, Algeria were eliminated in the Group Stage in 2017, and were beaten home and away in World Cup qualifying by Nigeria two years ago.

Algeria FA president Kheireddine Zetchi, when he appointed Belmadi last August, described the country’s football as “sick”. Yet, it was Belmadi who was eager to seize the moment, unwilling to give himself an out by claiming a “project”, or some similarly airy, nebulous term.

Rohr, by contrast, once again failed to. Against a side which had played 120 minutes and penalties in the previous round, and had a day’s less rest, the fortuitous equaliser should have brought on a second wind. Instead, as Algeria flagged physically, the German dithered.

“Our biggest mistake was maybe looking forward to extra-time,” he admitted after the game.

If ever a quote more aptly captured an individual’s flaw.
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Solace Chukwu Makes Rohr Exit Case..

Post by john12 »

Another day another DELUSIONAL that cannot accept they lost to a QUALITY goal. They will do the same thing over and over again and expect different result. This is how they dacked Amodu 2002 2010 and keshi 2015 it will take 1/2 years for a new coach to recover. If I was rohr, I will just leave this DELUSIONAL people
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

How come the likes of England, Belgium, Brazil didn't sack their coaches for reaching quarter and semifinals of world cup despite having superstars but nigeria without superstar want to
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

This John is a low IQ moron, what a pathetic scum.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Go and ask any neutral about that game and come back to me.
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

John have you read it? Address the points instead of attacking the man
Ghana's First President Kwame Nkrumah said: "We face neither East nor West; we face Forward"
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

When he started writing that aside of mahrez, they don't have Se talent is when I know the man is biased/delusional. Even their bench player ounas will walk into our 11
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

john12 wrote:Another day another DELUSIONAL that cannot accept they lost to a QUALITY goal. They will do the same thing over and over again and expect different result. This is how they dacked Amodu 2002 2010 and keshi 2015 it will take 1/2 years for a new coach to recover. If I was rohr, I will just leave this DELUSIONAL people
You didn't read the article.

The hallmark of a psychophant.

Mada#$%&kingascar beat us comprehensively. So there goes your losing to a better team.

Rohr, is what makes this team look pedestrian.

We can't allow your types to pervade this forum where it is okay to be pedestrian and okay to lose...

Go take your everyone gets a medal philosophy to Ghanaweb or rainbow forum.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
YUJAM
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by YUJAM »

john12 wrote:When he started writing that aside of mahrez, they don't have Se talent is when I know the man is biased/delusional. Even their bench player ounas will walk into our 11
Nah. The crux of his argument is Rohr isn’t ambitious enough. Difficult to argue against his supporting points
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Speaking in a press conference before the start of the tournament, Belmadi said, “I am often lectured about a transition period. I put in 100% every day to win the competition. Why wait?”
let that sink in
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

john12 wrote:Another day another DELUSIONAL that cannot accept they lost to a QUALITY goal. They will do the same thing over and over again and expect different result. This is how they dacked Amodu 2002 2010 and keshi 2015 it will take 1/2 years for a new coach to recover. If I was rohr, I will just leave this DELUSIONAL people
Context is everything. They didn't lose to a quality goal, they lost to be better COACHED team. Nigeria was even fortunate to be level.

I'd rather take a chance on a younger, hungrier, more vibrant coach, I have no idea who but it's not my job to know. Rohr is a creature of habit and we know his philosophy is to be ultra conservative play not to lose. I don't think it's working for us. He's had two major tourneys now and been largely underwhelming in both.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

YUJAM wrote:
john12 wrote:When he started writing that aside of mahrez, they don't have Se talent is when I know the man is biased/delusional. Even their bench player ounas will walk into our 11
Nah. The crux of his argument is Rohr isn’t ambitious enough. Difficult to argue against his supporting points
Not only is he not ambitious enough, he's also kind of gutless in his approach. It's nice to be cautious but you also have to be able to recognise when to push all your chips in.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

This is from another thread.

Tobi17 wrote:Words on marble culled from your report...

"Algerian opposite number Djamel Belmadi only took over as coach in August last year and he has got his team playing in a way that Rohr can’t even dream about, despite the German having had a three-year advantage to fine tune Nigeria. Rohr, with his history of coaching continental minnows such as Gabon, Niger and Burkina Faso, has brought a “small team” mentality to coaching Nigeria. He regularly treats his team as underdogs, talking down their chances, and this has led to approaching games with the negligent mindset of playing on the counter. Nigeria clearly doesn’t have the type of defensive concentration and a goalie to invite pressure and the majority of their counter-attacks fizzle out because of a poor final ball. "

Rohr is a Niger Republic, Gabon, Burkina Faso etc kind of coach... his mentality suits teams like that, Nigeria has way too much pedigree and ambition to limit ourselves to now playing the underdog tag to literally any team we meet, courtesy of our small minded coach. We should just stick to our own, ride or die with our own, fail with our own, and succeed with our own- a Nigerian coach.
cic old boy wrote:
Rohr’s supporters may claim that he is handicapped by the talent at his disposal. This is certainly not the Nigeria of Jay-Jay Okocha, Finidi George, Nwankwo Kanu and so on. But Rohr has clearly not made the best of what he has available. It is hard to see any Nigerian player that is performing better because of the coach. Teams like Madagascar have played better football, showed more invention, better teamwork and organisation than Nigeria, despite having players of lesser quality. This must be on the coach’s head. The football is just as disjointed as it was the day he took over.
More: https://www.naijiant.com/sports/riyad-m ... fcon-semi/
The benefit of doubt yahoos like you give him is because he is oyibo. We saw the shitonastick and we were told to wait and judge him after the WC and AFCON. This is still shitonastick and you are trying to convince yourself it is cotton candy.

Tueh! :boo:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Are you saying none of our players can walk into their 11? Not even Musa?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Musa will walk into their team as a CF. Yami the game was even out until mahrez QUALITY goal
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Go and look at the stats or rewatch without tension
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

I think he stated it wasn’t the loss that was the issue but the manner of it.. please tell me how many years you think it’s okay for a coach to “build” or “rebuild”? When we beat Algeria about two years ago, did you feel we were the better side and If so what do you think has caused this visible shift in play? Did our players become limited during that time or Algeria became better/found more talented players?
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:Musa will walk into their team as a CF. Yami the game was even out until mahrez QUALITY goal

Cool.. do you think anyone else can make it? I am trying to figure out how
Ready or not some of our players are.
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Of course we were the better side and we had a QUALITY help winner Victor moses that tore them. You guys insulted moses after his retirement and no one has stepped up
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

“Our biggest mistake was maybe looking forward to extra-time,” he admitted after the game.
Sadly obvious. You are fresher and should be more gingered after equalizing yet, you are begging for extra time? :???:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

John, this is a lie. I know all their players. The only other player that could've hurt us was Feghouli but fairly under control though quietly influential in midfield yesterday.

Our problem is we've played the exact same way each game in this ANC barely making any adjustments to our shape so Rohr's side was predictable and easy to prepare for. This would've been a small hiccup had he had a plan B and made adjustments. This is why you are allowed a 23 man squad.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Algeria is on par with the SE in terms of talent. Our players don't play for bigger clubs than the Algerians and on average are getting about the same playing time as the Algerians for their clubs and even less in some cases. I would only be in support of sacking Rohr if we have a better alternative. If the option is Oliseh, Siasia, or Amunike, then I am strongly against sacking Rohr.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

john12 wrote:Of course we were the better side and we had a QUALITY help winner Victor moses that tore them. You guys insulted moses after his retirement and no one has stepped up
You guys? Wouldn’t matter much if they insulted him after he was gone no?

Do you believe one can criticize a player or coach if they are not up to par or playing below their own level (not expected levels)? We may say it’s a national team but every single one of them From coaches to players are paid so I think it’s fair for some criticism by fans. Did you notice when we lost against Argentina, when Musa scored his brace and when we lost to Argentina this last World Cup, there was an opposing feel/view/perspective of those two matches despite the fact we lost by one goal on both occasions?