If we keep Rohr we will not qualify for Qatar 2022

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enyi
Egg
Egg
Re: If we keep Rohr we will not qualify for Qatar 2022

Post by Enyi »

fabio wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:Let me offer a contrary view. Our players ain't all that. How many start regularly for above average clubs?

Technical skills, even decision making are at best average or slightly above average.

Even a coaching consortium consisting of Pep, Mourinho and Klopp won't have much of an effect on results.

I used to blast john12 when he defended Rohr, but even he had a strong point.
Sierra Leone players were better technical, they play regularly in top clubs and their decision making is excellent.
well said Fabio......thus if we cant beat sierra Leone what hope do we have?

the thing is that I buy this argument but not when the coach insists on playing Akpoguma on the RB despite 3 awful performances in that position. we improved once Awaziem took over
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Enyi wrote: well said Fabio......thus if we cant beat sierra Leone what hope do we have?

the thing is that I buy this argument but not when the coach insists on playing Akpoguma on the RB despite 3 awful performances in that position. we improved once Awaziem took over
Was the change tactical or injury. I think, it was due to a knock Akpoguma during the match!
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:Let me offer a contrary view. Our players ain't all that. How many start regularly for above average clubs?

Technical skills, even decision making are at best average or slightly above average.

Even a coaching consortium consisting of Pep, Mourinho and Klopp won't have much of an effect on results.

pure rubbish... give that coach messi and ronaldo , nothing will change
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

fabio wrote:
Enyi wrote: well said Fabio......thus if we cant beat sierra Leone what hope do we have?

Was the change tactical or injury. I think, it was due to a knock Akpoguma during the match!
the guy looked like he went 12 rounds with Anthony Joshua.....He was done could barely stand....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

fabio wrote:

Sierra Leone players were better technical, they play regularly in top clubs and their decision making is excellent.
LOL...Nigerians mehn. So are you saying watching both games gave you the impression that that Sierra Leone players were better? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Baba lets just face Rohr and the players and go from there... :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

fabio wrote:

So they should have beaten us, but they didn't. Face it, our players are slightly above average at best. BTW, Rohr is a terrible coach too.

Wha choo looking at?!
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Scipio Africanus wrote:
fabio wrote:

So they should have beaten us, but they didn't. Face it, our players are slightly above average at best. BTW, Rohr is a terrible coach too.
Most of our players are average and a few slightly above average with one or two able to mix it with the best in the world. That's why I am not too bothered about who is invited or not invited. It makes little difference on the outcome.

Football is a TEAM sport. You can have a team that is better than the sum of its part. That is what we need to become.

Keshi with 'junk' players delivered the ANC trophy. Rohr with the BEST team Nigeria ever had is learning how to defeat Sierra Leone.
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

We have just enough talent to qualify even with a bad coach. The World cup is where his failings as a coach will be seen under a big microscope. Nigeria will be among the best 32 teams in the world. Beating teams on talent alone will not work. Nigeria will need a good coach to prepare game strategy and make in game adjustments. I think Nigeria will qualify for Qatar but will be a first round exit.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

wanaj0 wrote:
Damunk wrote:Pochettino
Laurent Blanc
Allegri
Wenger

Take your pick.
All are free at the moment.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:

Amuneke will rank high based on his achievement with Tanzania. Some similarity with how Keshi started.

What "achievement" ?

Finishing dead last out of 24 teams ?

In what deranged world do you spin that by calling it an achievement.

No thanks.
Scipio Africanus
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Scipio Africanus »

wanaj0 wrote:
Scipio Africanus wrote:
fabio wrote:

Most of our players are average and a few slightly above average with one or two able to mix it with the best in the world. That's why I am not too bothered about who is invited or not invited. It makes little difference on the outcome.

Football is a TEAM sport. You can have a team that is better than the sum of its part. That is what we need to become.

Keshi with 'junk' players delivered the ANC trophy. Rohr with the BEST team Nigeria ever had is learning how to defeat Sierra Leone.
Agreed, we can become better than the sum of the players, but the ceiling is limited because of the overall lack of quality. The question is, what is that ceiling? Again, Rohr is a junk coach. I will never forgive him (as a coach) for his boneheaded moves, or lack of, during the WC game against Argentina. Our lack of quality was laid bare in that game though. A few more quality passes, or runs into space, or better taken shots and we would have sent Argentina back to Buenos Aires with bagfuls of goals that day. Croatia had less clear cut chances than we did against that same team and stuffed them 3-0. That is why quality of players makes a big difference.

Wha choo looking at?!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

joao wrote:
Laurent Blanc
Allegri
Wenger

Take your pick.
Damunk, what makes you think any of these guys want to engage with us?
Our way of doing things alone is not appealing to these coaches.
I was only making suggestions o, since we say we need "a top coach" who strangely, nobody is able to identify. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:
Laurent Blanc
Allegri
Wenger

Take your pick.
I was only making suggestions o, since we say we need "a top coach" who strangely, nobody is able to identify. :idea:
Some are saying Lowe might be available after the shellacking they got from Spain yesterday... :D
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:
joao wrote:
Laurent Blanc
Allegri
Wenger

Take your pick.
Some are saying Lowe might be available after the shellacking they got from Spain yesterday... :D
:roll: :roll: :roll:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved