The case to keep Rohr for 2022

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: The case to keep Rohr for 2022

Post by Damunk »

Tobi17 wrote:Rohr will be very lucky if he remains coach come December, the powers that be in the administrative circle secretly want him gone.
:source: :source: :source:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

aruako1 wrote:Nigerians have been patient with Rohr and would have been prepared to be more patient if there were sogns that the team could be more creative in attack. Being a defensive team should not mean that you are hopeless when it comes to creating chances. Amodu, for instance, focused on strong defensive performances but his teams could score and create chances as well. Rohr's tactical rigidity so far is not encouraging. My own take is that we see what he does in our games until December and make a call. If we keep seeing the same from him then we have to find someone new.
I'll make a prediction here:
Osimhien is his medium to long term plan and will play tomorrow.
Ighalo is on his way out and may even have played his last game for the SE.
The conservatism in Rohr (which I agree has impacted negatively on the team) has stopped him from "gambling" on Osimhen and even Onyekuru.

But you've got to accept that he has gambled to a fair degree with new blood like Aina, Chukwueze, Collins and Uzoho. You'd be dishonest to say he hasn't. Most paid off, but Uzoho arguably didnt.
If Osimhen has a season like his last one, bulks up a bit (like Awoniyi has in the last 18 months) then I have no doubt that Osimhien is the undisputed heir to the no 9 throne.

You just can't have a national team full of kids and only the players themselves can say what the likes of Musa, Ighalo, Mikel, Ogu and Omeruo do for them on and off the pitch.
donadoni
Egg
Egg

Post by donadoni »

Rohr has pros and cons. Somehow we need to get back our bold naija flair and belief with attacking football while not losing the disciple he has brought us. Maybe Amokachi as his assistant if they can get along?
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

donadoni wrote:Rohr has pros and cons. Somehow we need to get back our bold naija flair and belief with attacking football while not losing the disciple he has brought us. Maybe Amokachi as his assistant if they can get along?
Judas too was a disciple too abi. :roll:

Somebori dey short circuit your country's football with body language, you dey there dey give benefit of the doubt.

Dem neva chop your dolla reach? Na so you mugu reach?

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"If anyone asks me about my Nations Cup target, I will tell the person that I have none because I don't want to put myself and the players under undue pressure,"

"But any coach worth his salt goes into any competition with the intention to win.

"If a team gets to the semi-final or the final of a competition, it would have done well.'
National Team Coach, Nigeria
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/africa/84320
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Damunk wrote:
aruako1 wrote:Nigerians have been patient with Rohr and would have been prepared to be more patient if there were sogns that the team could be more creative in attack. Being a defensive team should not mean that you are hopeless when it comes to creating chances. Amodu, for instance, focused on strong defensive performances but his teams could score and create chances as well. Rohr's tactical rigidity so far is not encouraging. My own take is that we see what he does in our games until December and make a call. If we keep seeing the same from him then we have to find someone new.
The conservatism in Rohr (which I agree has impacted negatively on the team) has stopped him from "gambling" on Osimhen and even Onyekuru.

But you've got to accept that he has gambled to a fair degree with new blood like Aina, Chukwueze, Collins and Uzoho. You'd be dishonest to say he hasn't. Most paid off, but Uzoho arguably didnt.
If Osimhen has a season like his last one, bulks up a bit (like Awoniyi has in the last 18 months) then I have no doubt that Osimhien is the undisputed heir to the no 9 throne.

You just can't have a national team full of kids and only the players themselves can say what the likes of Musa, Ighalo, Mikel, Ogu and Omeruo do for them on and off the pitch.
There is absolutely no excuse not to have given Osimhen and Onyekuru more minutes. Our attack was not firing on all cylinders.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:

you need serious help.. all that is left is for you to start helping rohr to wipe his yansh with ogogoro water after bobo use pit latrine finish . You are a huge disgrace to the country Nigeria.
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

you need serious help.. all that is left is for you to start helping rohr to wipe his yansh with ogogoro water after bobo use pit latrine finish. You are a huge disgrace to the country Nigeria.
Notice how you get banished to the isolation unit every time you open your mouth?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

danfo driver wrote:Image
That time of the month again? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

charlie wrote:Preface: This thread is for thoughtful conversation and debate only. To the Rohr haters club, please kindly take a hike.
We already know your agenda.

Now the dust has settled and the emotion of our semi-final loss to Algeria is beginning to simmer, let us think logically.
You want to replace Rohr? Ok, Simple question,...with whom?

Provide your response and your reason why whomsoever you will select as his replacement will be guaranteed to do a better job.
Here are my reasons for extending Rohr's contract until the next WC qualifiers.

1. Continuity & Consistency
Nigeria has consistently improved under Gerhart Rohr. We have qualified for every tournament he has managed, and we have increasingly improved in terms of the results we have achieved.

It took 5 years for Clemens Westerhof to turn Nigeria into the powerhouse we remember today in 1994.
Many of you might forget but in 1990, Algeria beat us 5-1 in the group stage, then 1-0 in the CAF final.
This same Algeria beat us fair and square in 2019.

There is a little bit of a deja vu feeling with this team. The core have been to 2 major tournaments, and have in each, taken a step further than the last. Instead of rolling the dice, I would prefer to give consistency a go and see what we can do in 2022.

2. Easier to destroy than to build
Anyone can rip a team apart, can fire a coach. The question is, who knows the recipe of building a successful team? The road to success is not an easy one, not is it straight forward nor does it reap immediate rewards. It takes hard work, patience and perseverance. This team doesn't need a overhaul. It needs tweaking and improvement, and Rohr is in my opinion best placed to figure out what this is as he knows his team better than any of us..

A Semi-final finish in a competition that saw all I major rivals drop along the way (including the host), especially when you consider we haven't been to an AFCON since 2013, is a good result. We should build on this, not tear it down and start afresh, which is what a new coach will do.

Rubbish, Nonsense and daft wowo :curse: analysis...............
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

you need serious help.. all that is left is for you to start helping rohr to wipe his yansh with ogogoro water after bobo use pit latrine finish. You are a huge disgrace to the country Nigeria.
Notice how you get banished to the isolation unit every time you open your mouth?
WOWO
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:
Damunk wrote:

WOWO
Pfffff!!!!!
Means nothing to me.
Try harder. :D
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Damunk wrote:
danfo driver wrote:Image
That time of the month again? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Oh boy, na to give up o! At this point, I think I have made my position clear. I have seen the problem and I am afraid that we will regret the matter like Belgium that has wasted their "golden generation." So, if the NFF feels this is the horse, to which they intend to hitch their wagon. That is fine. I am no longer interested in this topic.

The future will tell!

Anyway, it was great having this convo with you! always a nice debate bro. :D
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

charlie wrote:
Zelex wrote:I'm personally still undecided. I think he has done a good job as SE coach (entire tenure). However one can ignore that the team is clearly not improving and I don't see this changing anytime soon. He is struggling to even execute his tactical play (which I'm personally not a fan off). His performance during this tournament was no more than a 6/10. Typically, I would have said he should stay but I find it difficult to put all this aside. I'm not really satisfied with just qualifying and being competitive, I want feel a bit of hope when we enter games that we are not favoured to win and I don't feel this with Rohr.

Nigeria have not been favourites over the last 15 years hence to win this tournaments we are going to need a moment of tactical brilliance which incurs risk and I just don't see this within Rohr. Keshi's team have put on far better performances against favoured teams: CIV, Argentina, France compared to Rohr (Croatia, Argentina, Algeria). That being said, he doesn't deserved to be sacked.
I disagree that this team is not improving. We have improved not only in results but also in maturity and gameplay in my opinion.

Pretty much all the goals we conceded were from correctable defensive mistakes.
We were beaten 4 times in open play, 2wice by Cameroon, once by Madagascar, and the own goal by Ekong. All 4 goals were due to clear defensive lapses and unfortunate deflections in the Trost Ekong goal.

We conceded 3 set piece goal, a lucky deflection in the Madagascar and SA games, and the Mahrez FK which was also possible due to a GK positioning mistake.

We have work to do on our concentration levels in key parts of the game, but organizationally, we have improved.
I acknowledge your thoughts however I stick by what I've said. I personally don't see any improvements over the last 18 months in terms of the football performances.One can't confidently say this team is better than that of the WC 2018.
BTW the defensive lapses are partly borne out of the tactics played.
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

There's no GOLDEN GENERATION yet. Stop being DELUSIONAL. How many of your boys are at big clubs??? NONE. how many of your boys has been nominated for APOY final 3? NONE. The fact that you think youngsters playing at BACKWATER leagues are your GOLDEN GENERATION speaks volume. Omo na DELUSIONAL people full here
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

john12 wrote:There's no GOLDEN GENERATION yet. Stop being DELUSIONAL. How many of your boys are at big clubs??? NONE. how many of your boys has been nominated for APOY final 3? NONE. The fact that you think youngsters playing at BACKWATER leagues are your GOLDEN GENERATION speaks volume. Omo na DELUSIONAL people full here
Local league players like Mba and Oboabona beat Drogba and Yaya Toure
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

john12 wrote:There's no GOLDEN GENERATION yet. Stop being DELUSIONAL. How many of your boys are at big clubs??? NONE. how many of your boys has been nominated for APOY final 3? NONE. The fact that you think youngsters playing at BACKWATER leagues are your GOLDEN GENERATION speaks volume. Omo na DELUSIONAL people full here
A few days ago, you apologized to me for your misbehavior.

So, I am going to give you this one, last and stern warning. If you disrespect me again or direct any Rohr-related conversation towards me, I will take time to deal with you, in a manner you never knew was possible.

You guys have won! You have your Rohr. For the first time, I have given up on my team. You have won! Take your eagles and do whatever you like. Please, leave me out of this conversation. Let this be a last warning to you. Don’t try me.
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

danfo driver wrote:
A few days ago, you apologized to me for your misbehavior.

So, I am going to give you this one, last and stern warning. If you disrespect me again or direct any Rohr-related conversation towards me, I will take time to deal with you, in a manner you never knew was possible.

You guys have won! You have your Rohr. For the first time, I have given up on my team. You have won! Take your eagles and do whatever you like. Please, leave me out of this conversation. Let this be a last warning to you. Don’t try me.
Danfo baba Don vex :rotf: