Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Post by balo »

So sad with Kalu's incident before the competition started. That was a weapon we couldn't unleash confidently.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

balo wrote:So sad with Kalu's incident before the competition started. That was a weapon we couldn't unleash confidently.
I like what I saw in him. He did well. the initial sickness set him back and Nigeria - badly
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Bronze won,....not bad.
Congrats. Not the medal we wanted, but still a good result all the same.

If we can only overcome or semi final hump......
Last edited by charlie on Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Odas wrote:
osita wrote:Uzoho looks more assured, am wondering why Rohr used akepyi
We all know this even before the World cup. Why coach Rohr and his team chose Akpeyi is baffling to me

IT SURE'S BAFFLING, BUT...

…even this board was full of calls for Uzoho to be dropped, the reasons being that he wasn't even no. 1 in the lowly club he was loaned to. Only a few (including yours truly) were wondering why a man who didn't do so badly in Russia was all of a sudden set upon by the fans. And then the coaches.
Bell
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Based on this game, Oshimen is NOT all that.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Etebo is too greedy on freekicks.
ogiso
Egg
Egg

Post by ogiso »

The future is now.
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

We get the bronze...again. Congratulations to the team. Rohr needs to show more.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

charlie wrote:Bronze won,....not bad.
Congrats. Not the medal we wanted, but still a good result all the same.

If we can only overcome or semi final jump......
KPOM! :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Congrats to the guys but no offence Nigeria really shouldn't be celebrating bronze. Yeah we won, nice but we should just collect the medals and zap.

We have to show a championship mindset that we are only interested in the trophy.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
COOKING SPOON
Egg
Egg

Post by COOKING SPOON »

This team is so young, I can only liken it to our Algiers 90 team. They were mostly debutants and they formed the base for our best ever team.

We have more players coming up, and these chaps will be seasoned veterans in a couple of years.
I remain hopeful
They seek him here.
They seek him there.
Moderators seek him everywhere.
They seek him at night
And even at noon
That damn elusive cooking spoon
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

The Coward :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: was celebrating the wooden bronze.................what a shameless clown :veryangry: :veryangry:
Last edited by zee on Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Guys, so Ghana, Uganda, Kenya no know this enjoyment we are enjoying here still watching fantastic football by Super Eagles. There are teams that play like Africans ..kwaking, brutalizing and maiming opponents...just like uncle cellulite likes.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
valachi
Egg
Egg

Post by valachi »

Thanks
IN SIAONE WE TRUST. BONAFIDE SE COACH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

It seems Algeria will win this Cup, but let's see what happens. This is why the game is played on the pitch
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Feel so bad for Kalu, this would have been a break out tourney for him if not for the dehydration and collapse
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
1naija wrote:Osimhen neva score 3 goals? I thought that was our problem?
he's trying to match Ighalo's 3 goals/25 minutes
Oshimen is miles better than Onuacho that’s clear in 45mins....he at least wins the ball, controls it and gets by players. Tracks back, draws fouls....coupled with great movement....

All this in a game that half the team didn’t care to turn up for....Ndidi was poor (sorry poor that’s an insult to poor)

He does not have Ighalo’s goals but that will come...1st full international lest we forget
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
gochino
Egg
Egg

Post by gochino »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
COOKING SPOON wrote:The future is bright
That’s what it’s about.
How is the future bright?? Rohr has been in charge for more than 3 years and we still can't string 4 passes together without losing possession.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Odas wrote:It seems Algeria will win this Cup, but let's see what happens. This is why the game is played on the pitch
For me, Algeria have been clear cut above the rest. They are clear favorites.

That said na football,...anything can happen.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Odas wrote:
mcal wrote:...was this planned?
Was what planned?
...so their guys can play. Who be their guys, I no sabi :???:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

theYemster wrote:Congrats to the guys but no offence Nigeria really shouldn't be celebrating bronze. Yeah we won, nice but we should just collect the medals and zap.

We have to show a championship mindset that we are only interested in the trophy.
For the soccer fans maybe but for the players especially the younger players. It is not easy to win any type of medal at the AFCON.
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

theYemster wrote:Congrats to the guys but no offence Nigeria really shouldn't be celebrating bronze. Yeah we won, nice but we should just collect the medals and zap.

Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: ..........But then, we have a coward for a coach.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

AGREED...

...not in Africa should Nigeria be satisfied with the bronze. Not if it is aiming for a place among the top tier nations. And it should. Not sure though if that's the vision of those in charge.
Bell