Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Post by 1naija »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:Uncle akamoke, 90% of our team are kids who haven't participated in any tournament of this calibre in their careers. Many of their mates are not even dreaming of playing for the senior team of their countries at the stage of their careers talkless winning a medal. So you can't blame them for celebrating a medal. I wish we were playing in the final game, but I'm happy for them, especially considering that 2 years ago we didnt even have a team. They should celebrate the medal and aim higher next year.
Congrats are indeed in order...
But please go easy on the celebratory Ogogoro - a bronze is just that!

The last time out we WON it all with about 8 starters without AFCON experience...
This team had most players with WC, Olympics and/or AFCON experience, but just a poorer coach.
Uncle Gotti, my fellow ogogoro drinker, why couldn't we defend the last title we won. Mmmmm ... let me think ....Oh, it's because we could not qualify from a group consisting of South Africa, Congo, and Sudan.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Why didn't this useless coach didn't start Uzoho for the Afcon after using him for the World Cup.
Rohr fanboys, over to you :lol:
Which goal against Akpeyi would he have prevented?
He conceded 4 goals in 4 games (I did not include the own goal) but you can start with the last goal against Algeria. He makes the save if he stayed where he was supposed to.

Lets not discuss all the unnecessary rebounds he kept conceding - the type of balls Uzoho was confidently grabbing from the sky for fun today.
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:
1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Why didn't this useless coach didn't start Uzoho for the Afcon after using him for the World Cup.
He conceded 4 goals in 4 games (I did not include the own goal) but you can start with the last goal against Algeria. He makes the save if he stayed where he was supposed to.

Lets not discuss all the unnecessary rebounds he kept conceding - the type of balls Uzoho was confidently grabbing from the sky for fun today.
You are a lawyer so I am sure you understand my question and can answer it without point to some irrelevant saves Uzoho made. Which of the goals against Akpeyi would Uzoho have saved? Simple!
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

greg wrote:
mcal wrote:
Odas wrote:Based on this game, Oshimen is NOT all that.
...abi o! A whole 45 minutes of play nothing to show, I bet his clamoring agents are in hiding right now.
Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but this ain't his time to replace veterans.
Trained eyes saw potential! I'm excited for this kid - even moreso than Chukwueze. Give him a few years..some goalsfather ish is coming our way. I'm about 80% certain about that.
Give him a few years? If you are correct, then he is not ready today and hence the coach hasn't fielded him.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

I am asking the same question. How coach Rohr chose Akpeyi over Uzoho beats me. Anyway, I think Akpeyi has played his last game for the Super-eagles.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:
1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:

You are a lawyer so I am sure you understand my question and can answer it without point to some irrelevant saves Uzoho made. Which of the goals against Akpeyi would Uzoho have saved? Simple!
Let me help Green4life out, he would have saved Mahrez free kick (ref Messi's free kick he punched on to the bar @ the World Cup) & Cameroon's 2nd goal (ref the one on one against Lewandorski in the friendly last year as well as the one on one against Higuain @ the World Cup). Even yesterday he made himself big enough in the challenge that made the Tunisian player miss that sitter in the 2nd half. Does that answer your question?
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Gotti wrote:
1naija wrote:Uncle akamoke, 90% of our team are kids who haven't participated in any tournament of this calibre in their careers. Many of their mates are not even dreaming of playing for the senior team of their countries at the stage of their careers talkless winning a medal. So you can't blame them for celebrating a medal. I wish we were playing in the final game, but I'm happy for them, especially considering that 2 years ago we didnt even have a team. They should celebrate the medal and aim higher next year.
Congrats are indeed in order...
But please go easy on the celebratory Ogogoro - a bronze is just that!

The last time out we WON it all with about 8 starters without AFCON experience...
This team had most players with WC, Olympics and/or AFCON experience, but just a poorer coach.
Gernot Rohr is Berti Vogts2. The second coming of Berti Vogts!
I am happy
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Gernon ROhR is definitely one of SE best coach of all times. He will be missed when he retires
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:Gernon ROhR is definitely one of SE best coach of all times. He will be missed when he retires
I'm sure even you can't say that with a straight face, inspite of yourself.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Oguleftie wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Bad angle for a SHOT, and bad decision.

he was isolated...he did well to beat the defender ahead of him... no one showed for ball when he took on the 3 Tunisians
Iwobi was running in.
Bro, I rewatched it. Iwobi was far behind the action, and only showed up in the camera frame (occupied by a defender) AFTER the shot was taken. If you have a better angle showing an open Iwobi, please show.
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Adisboy wrote:
1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:
1naija wrote:
green4life wrote:

Let me help Green4life out, he would have saved Mahrez free kick (ref Messi's free kick he punched on to the bar @ the World Cup) & Cameroon's 2nd goal (ref the one on one against Lewandorski in the friendly last year as well as the one on one against Higuain @ the World Cup). Even yesterday he made himself big enough in the challenge that made the Tunisian player miss that sitter in the 2nd half. Does that answer your question?
Uzoho that was chopping cheap goals left and right at last years WC. Granted he has matured but lets reserve judgement abeg, it was a third place match and both sides where more lackadaisical a bit.
Oguleftie
Egg
Egg

Post by Oguleftie »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Oguleftie wrote:Bad angle for a SHOT, and bad decision.

he was isolated...he did well to beat the defender ahead of him... no one showed for ball when he took on the 3 Tunisians
Iwobi was running in.
Bro, I rewatched it. Iwobi was far behind the action, and only showed up in the camera frame (occupied by a defender) AFTER the shot was taken. If you have a better angle showing an open Iwobi, please show.
You cut the ball slightly back not straight line across goal & it gets to Iwobi.
Or you stop the ball slightly while braking (like Chukwueze does) & play the ball straight across to Iwobi.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

We are still arguing about a dead rubber game from wednesday? lol
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

maceo4 wrote:We are still arguing about a dead rubber game from wednesday? lol
:rotf:
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

maceo4 wrote:We are still arguing about a dead rubber game from wednesday? lol
Maybe because more of the same is what we'll get going forward? As a fan, can you afford to be non chalant?

If so, the Eagles should drop the Super from the name. There is nothing Super about Rohr coached Eagles.

We will never soar with him in charge.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

john12 wrote:Gernon ROhR is definitely one of SE best coach of all times. He will be missed when he retires
You will miss him for whatever is going on under the table.

Speak for yourself. Enemy of progress.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051