Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Tunisia v Nigeria 0-1 (Ighalo)

Post by green4life »

Benedict Iroha wrote:Why didn't this useless coach didn't start Uzoho for the Afcon after using him for the World Cup.
Rohr fanboys, over to you :lol:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

charlie wrote:Omeruo and Ekong are our bedrocks for the next world cup.
Not sure about Ekong with his zero footballing ability. Na police clearance anywhere belle dey face even with no one around him.
greg
Egg
Egg

Post by greg »

mcal wrote:
Odas wrote:Based on this game, Oshimen is NOT all that.
...abi o! A whole 45 minutes of play nothing to show, I bet his clamoring agents are in hiding right now.
Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but this ain't his time to replace veterans.
Trained eyes saw potential! I'm excited for this kid - even moreso than Chukwueze. Give him a few years..some goalsfather ish is coming our way. I'm about 80% certain about that.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theYemster wrote:I hope Akpeyi was watching where the Tunisian goalie was positioned for Kalu's second free kick.

Easy save.
Lol. Not just Akpeyi but some CEs as well who were arguing blindly for days.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

theYemster wrote:Congrats to the guys but no offence Nigeria really shouldn't be celebrating bronze. Yeah we won, nice but we should just collect the medals and zap.

We have to show a championship mindset that we are only interested in the trophy.
When the ambition of your manager is to win a bronze medal, he will celebrate like he won the actual ANC trophy. It is what it is. It’s likely the first thing he’s won as a manager in his life so I no blame am.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

zee wrote:The Coward :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: was celebrating the wooden bronze.................what a shameless clown :veryangry: :veryangry:
What did you expect? :rotf:
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

Jmal wrote:
west33637 wrote:
Bell wrote:
theYemster wrote:Congrats to the guys but no offence Nigeria really shouldn't be celebrating bronze. Yeah we won, nice but we should just collect the medals and zap.

We have to show a championship mindset that we are only interested in the trophy.
AGREED...

...not in Africa should Nigeria be satisfied with the bronze. Not if it is aiming for a place among the top tier nations. And it should. Not sure though if that's the vision of those in charge.
Bell
I think the coach and the team had an ok tournament. The boys tried very hard. Probably pushed themselves to their limits. But the coaches world cup comments do not give me confidence that he shares majority of Naija football fans vision of being among the top tier nations. I think he already has much lower expectations for the team on the world scene. I don't think he will take us far on the world stage

every time he lower expectation that means he is taking away the pressure from his players. :clap:
Actually, he’s lowering the expectation for himself to set up his excuse after the loss with the usual comments about the team being young and playing to learn, etc. This is why his personal target was to win a bronze which he celebrated wildly like say na World Cup wey dem win.
balo
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by balo »

Enyi wrote:
balo wrote:So sad with Kalu's incident before the competition started. That was a weapon we couldn't unleash confidently.
Who do u think he was going to bench....Musa or Moses?

Moses himself comes from the bench, so it should be Musa. The amount of free/corner kicks and crosses wasted by Musa is crazy.
If Noah had been truly wise, he would have swatted those two flies. -- Helen Castle

http://i42.tinypic.com/210hk01.jpg
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

green4life wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
aruako1 wrote:
Waffiman wrote:
zee wrote:
Waffiman wrote:Osihmen, what da heck? Is he a footballer?
The Kid will come good..................wide angle but good intentions.
Bro, you sure. I don't see much there oh. Plus he has a poor attitude. Just watch him stand still when loses the ball.
I have seen him track back a few times.

yes....looks like people were waiting for an opportunity to yab the kid
In fairness to Waffi, he started slowly but gradually settled into the pace of the game after which you could see his pace, skill and other attributes in a cameo appearance. He needed more mins to show his worth in this ANC.
Waffi is my paddy, but HABA! Kid came in for the LAST 45 minutes of a WHOLE tournament, and 10 minutes on, people are already piling on him? Did they expect him to go and collect ball from Uzoho, dribble everybody and score a hat-trick just to prove he deserved more minutes? Seriously? Even the u-17 he shone in, remember people insulted him the first couple of games?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Siddonlook11
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Siddonlook11 »

theYemster wrote:
icee wrote:
Siddonlook11 wrote:Hammy - Ighalo !! Dang ROHR DANG ROHR DANG ROHR !!!!!!
Did Rohr pull the hammy?
Indirectly, yes. Totally unnecessary for him to have played in a meaningless game considering the physical style of his game. If it was the final I'd have understood.

Hopefully it was a precautionary sub request by Ighalo and no serious damage has been done. I'm assuming if it was the final he wouldn't sub out.

You dey mind all this our people that watch football like instant noodle ..thinking na that one game do im hammy..

Ighalo Should not have played Mada and even this game ..even if he wins golden boot and that hammy is truly done at his age and playing in china it may be the beginning of his wave.. sadly.
"The first key to greatness is to be in reality with what we appear to be ."

...Socrates
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

green4life wrote:
zee wrote:The Coward :curse: :curse: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: was celebrating the wooden bronze.................what a shameless clown :veryangry: :veryangry:

he didnt get the memo that Caretaker Coach Eguavoen won Bronze as well? Even Pa Oni won Silver in 84.

So Rohr has "elevated" us to the Bronze we have won so many times?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:

he didnt get the memo that Caretaker Coach Eguavoen won Bronze as well? Even Pa Oni won Silver in 84.

1984 AFCON had 8 teams. Getting out of your group guarantees at least 4th place...
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Synopsis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
green4life wrote:

1984 AFCON had 8 teams. Getting out of your group guarantees at least 4th place...

Ok...Pa Oni's silver doesn't count, abi? Neither would the trophies of that era?
AFCON 2019 sweet o

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

Enyi wrote:
balo wrote:So sad with Kalu's incident before the competition started. That was a weapon we couldn't unleash confidently.
Who do u think he was going to bench....Musa or Moses?
What do you mean? He was the starter on the right and Musa on the left before he collapsed. Who was going to bench him you mean?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

mcal wrote:
akamoke wrote:Its weird watching us Celebrating Bronze, don't get me wrong, its not the celebration I have a problem with, its the irony of knowing that the loser of the next game won't feel as happy as the third place winner now. I doubt the runner up on Friday will be in such jubilant mood and will be celebrated

Anyway, thanks to the team for giving it a go and being the third best team in the tournament, I think it is the fair position for our team at the moment
...I see. We could have lost, and hang long faces, and all the detractors will have a field day calling for the heads of those they did not get piece of pie from.

Nigerians, una dey one kin, nothing is satisfactory, yet no one wan put in effort. Btw, I'll take bronze over empty handed going home.
:agree: :agree: :agree: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

I actually thought Ighalo received a red card when i connected and we were playing a man down by his reaction. kai!!! wtf?
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enugu II wrote:Image
They deserve it and have every right to be very happy with a bronze medal. For the sixty something years old ITKs on this board, this may not mean much, but for most of these kids, it's a big deal getting a bronze medal at their very first AFCON!

Think about it

Uzoho
Chukweze
Aina
Iwobi
Etebo
Ndidi
Kalu
Collin
Awaziem
Simon
Onyekuru
Osimhen

All getting medals their first time out the gate. This is a remarkable job by Rohr in 2 years considering he had to build a brand new team from scratch.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Last edited by 1naija on Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

Enugu II wrote:Image
I have zero qualms with them celebrating third place finish. Well done lads.

We missed finals on a crazy last minute free kick and limped to a bronze medal. I'll take it..dont belie me? Ask Ghana blank stars and jambody plantainians... how they feel.
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

akamoke wrote:Its weird watching us Celebrating Bronze, don't get me wrong, its not the celebration I have a problem with, its the irony of knowing that the loser of the next game won't feel as happy as the third place winner now. I doubt the runner up on Friday will be in such jubilant mood and will be celebrated

Anyway, thanks to the team for giving it a go and being the third best team in the tournament, I think it is the fair position for our team at the moment

Uncle akamoke, 90% of our team are kids who haven't participated in any tournament of this calibre in their careers. Many of their mates are not even dreaming of playing for the senior team of their countries at the stage of their careers talkless winning a medal. So you can't blame them for celebrating a medal. I wish we were playing in the final game, but I'm happy for them, especially considering that 2 years ago we didnt even have a team. They should celebrate the medal and aim higher next year.
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

So the same clowns who said Uzoho was crap are now calling for him to be the #1 keeper. Just shows how fickle and clueless some Nigerians truly are. BTW can Etebo stop taking freekicks? His deadball skills need work. Kalu and Simon are way better in their delivery.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

1naija wrote:Uncle akamoke, 90% of our team are kids who haven't participated in any tournament of this calibre in their careers. Many of their mates are not even dreaming of playing for the senior team of their countries at the stage of their careers talkless winning a medal. So you can't blame them for celebrating a medal. I wish we were playing in the final game, but I'm happy for them, especially considering that 2 years ago we didnt even have a team. They should celebrate the medal and aim higher next year.
Congrats are indeed in order...
But please go easy on the celebratory Ogogoro - a bronze is just that!

The last time out we WON it all with about 8 starters without AFCON experience...
This team had most players with WC, Olympics and/or AFCON experience, but just a poorer coach.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

green4life wrote:
Benedict Iroha wrote:Why didn't this useless coach didn't start Uzoho for the Afcon after using him for the World Cup.
Rohr fanboys, over to you :lol:
Which goal against Akpeyi would he have prevented?