For the Record Should Rohr be fired?

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

For the Record Should Rohr be fired?

Yes
71%
No
29%

Total votes: 35

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.
Re: For the Record Should Rohr be fired

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote: Cell,

I believe that there are others with that self belief as well including Cameroon, Morocco, and Egypt (There are others). These guys have done it in Africa and have the self belief and my thought is that even if we had Guardiola it will not guarantee us being that Eagle that you mentioned.

My thought on whether Rohr stays or goes is actually split. I strongly believe he should stay on for continuity and results, except under one condition: that we want to change how the team plays. Here is my full view on this issue: https://www.aclsports.com/the-nuance-in ... rnot-rohr/
Prof., just read your piece.

You cannot win with this guy. PERIOD!

Said as much when folks were celebrating WC qualification and getting out of our group at the AFCON without a calculator.
Qualification process is a different beast. Anyone who follows football knows this. Dude is not a tournament type of coach. His caution first approach works for him in qualification. But when it comes to choosing personnel to execute a tournament and in-game on the fly change in strategy and tactics he is severely lacking.

I get it. Some of us aspire to just be average. Nothing wrong with that. Rohr epitomizes that mindset.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
Zelex
Egg
Egg
Re: For the Record Should Rohr be fired?

Post by Zelex »

I'm with Cellular here.

For me though, what is holding me back is the fact that Rohr has met the target set by the NFF. It's got nothing to do with the continuity and stability Rohr has brought rather integrity and principle. If the NFF had never set a semi-finals target for Rohr, then I would be backing the "he should go" bandwagon however this is not the case. I think it's genuinely disgraceful for one to be sacked after meeting their employers target (even though I believe Rohr has reached his limitations with the SE).
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

rohr is causing too much distraction right now, let him go....we need new ideas ...we need a younger coach and not no manger that will turn 70 at the next worldcup
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Bigpokey24 wrote:rohr is causing too much distraction right now, let him go....we need new ideas ...we need a younger coach and not no manger that will turn 70 at the next worldcup

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: In your head?

It is really rude to talk about people's age like that. The same way it is rude talking about tbite being a transvestite etc.

Stop! You are educated and exposed enough to know better.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Zelex wrote:I'm with Cellular here.

For me though, what is holding me back is the fact that Rohr has met the target set by the NFF. It's got nothing to do with the continuity and stability Rohr has brought rather integrity and principle. If the NFF had never set a semi-finals target for Rohr, then I would be backing the "he should go" bandwagon however this is not the case. I think it's genuinely disgraceful for one to be sacked after meeting their employers target (even though I believe Rohr has reached his limitations with the SE).
I don't know which is more disgraceful - The horrifically low target that our historically woeful NFF set for an expat coach or your gratitude at meeting a target which Nigeria has dutifully met in the past safe a blip or two.

We appear to be exhibiting trauma symptoms from missing out on the 2 previous AFCONs.

When you hire a contractor, you do not set them low expectations. Besides if you are a contractor and you just met your target, you have very little insurance against the sack.

That is the way the real world works.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051