NOW THAT IT IS OVER:

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Igugu
Egg
Egg
NOW THAT IT IS OVER:

Post by Igugu »

Now that the AFCON 2019 in over for The Nigeria's Super Eagles, it is time to start planning to win the World Cup.
To begin with, The Older members of the squad must be left out of the New Squad. Replenish the team with younger and more vibrant players. Time to call members of the squad that played against AC Millan last year in Nigeria. Nwakalis come to mind. We have to scout for reliable goalkeepers. Uzoho is okay in my book. There are more out there. The current coach needs to find more experienced assistants.

Watching the Columbian team that beat Argentina 3:0 couple of months ago, I wish our team could be like that.

Time to plan to win the World Cup this time, in Qatar . If Mr. Rohr is not ready to win the World Cup, please can someone show him the door.
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: NOW THAT IT IS OVER:

Post by john12 »

Which older members? Abeg Stfu joor people just like the word “disband” without thinking. Any new members that’s going to be added to SE must be QUALITY Additions, if not the older members must continue. We can not replace experienced Backwater for inexperienced Backwater you will win until you jam a QUALITY team
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:Which older members? Abeg Stfu joor people just like the word “disband” without thinking. Any new members that’s going to be added to SE must be QUALITY Additions, if not the older members must continue. We can not replace experienced Backwater for inexperienced Backwater you will win until you jam a QUALITY team
Must you insult people to pass your message across? How much are you getting paid for this?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Let’s stick to the topic because I have been insulted by many people and I don’t complain just keep it moving. Let’s talk football and what you just wrote makes no sense
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

john12 wrote:Let’s stick to the topic because I have been insulted by many people and I don’t complain just keep it moving. Let’s talk football and what you just wrote makes no sense
You are the senseless one here apparently, you keep reeling off the same unintelligent garbage on every thread where cogent opinions are raised, so yes you are either a brain dead spiv doing one hack of a job, or just mentally unstable to be taken serious.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

I'm tired of Nigeria always having the youngest team at the World Cup.
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

lol, wahala dey o
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:I'm tired of Nigeria always having the youngest team at the World Cup.
U never start. :lol: :lol: :lol:
The chorus now is that we need even 'younger' players - I think the aim is to take the bulk of the U15 team to Qatar in 2022 by which time they'll be "just 18''.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Synopsis wrote:I'm tired of Nigeria always having the youngest team at the World Cup.
I am not sure where this notion comes from. However, please note that Nigeria's 1980 AFCON winners were younger as per squad average age. So this age thing really is not a major determinant of whether a team wins the AFCON or not.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Time to add to the depth of the squad. No rebuilding necessary. But Akpeyi, Ogu, Mikel and Balogun should retire from the national team for obvious reasons.

GK: Add Okonkwo, Alampasu, Okoye to compete with Uzoho

Defenders: Add Torunarigha, Uduokhai, Nwazornfor, Akpoguma to compete with Eking and Omeruo. Bring back Ebuehi. Try out Ehizigbue and Odubajo as additional full back competition.

Defensive midfield: Azubuike, Bonke and X
Attacking Midfield: Reinstate Vic Mo and convert him to a playmaker along with Chukwueze. Let them duke it out with Nwakili, Eze and Iwobi.

Attackers: Add Bookman, Akpom and Tammy into the mix. Let Nachoo discover his form and invite him.
nzeogwu
Egg
Egg

Post by nzeogwu »

Vic Mo was an attacking Midfielder in the junior World Cup for England. Damn good too!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

we've been having the youngest team since WC 2002
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
olumide
Egg
Egg

Post by olumide »

:lol: And by the next World Cup all of the young players are replaced with new young players. The turnover in Nigeria's team since 2000 is crazy.
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

olumide wrote:
:lol: And by the next World Cup all of the young players are replaced with new young players. The turnover in Nigeria's team since 2000 is crazy.

KPOM. However, bear in mind that player turnover is often highly correlated with manager turn over. These players represent subjective selection decisions made by particular managers.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Going forward, it is time for the team to demonstrate in word and deed, a statement of intent.

Enough excuses in the build up to matches. Play your natural attacking game with stout defending. Enough school boy errors at this level.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Igugu wrote:Now that the AFCON 2019 in over for The Nigeria's Super Eagles, it is time to start planning to win the World Cup.
To begin with, The Older members of the squad must be left out of the New Squad. Replenish the team with younger and more vibrant players. Time to call members of the squad that played against AC Millan last year in Nigeria. Nwakalis come to mind. We have to scout for reliable goalkeepers. Uzoho is okay in my book. There are more out there. The current coach needs to find more experienced assistants.

Watching the Columbian team that beat Argentina 3:0 couple of months ago, I wish our team could be like that.

Time to plan to win the World Cup this time, in Qatar . If Mr. Rohr is not ready to win the World Cup, please can someone show him the door.
I AGREE

This is a discussion that must take place. Nigeria should be beyond mindlessly going to WC's and returning lamely with nothing to show for it. It's time to set ambitious goals and, importantly, how to achieve it.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

cchinukw wrote:Going forward, it is time for the team to demonstrate in word and deed, a statement of intent.

Enough excuses in the build up to matches. Play your natural attacking game with stout defending. Enough school boy errors at this level.

FOR SURE

No one goes into business without stating the goals and how to get there or else you're simply at the mercy of the wind. Going fwd, Nigeria must decide what it wants to achieve in these events and demonstrate it's serious about it by the way it approaches the competition. Just being there is no longer good enough.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"You can't win a tournament with kids" - unless you're SAF
U need a mix of experience and youth.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:"You can't win a tournament with kids" - unless you're SAF
U need a mix of experience and youth.
France won the WC with the youngest team.

The gospel from Pinnick and Rohr was Nigeria had the second youngest team going to the world cup. We went to learn. Ironic the team with the youngest went to win.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Well, we have gone to the WC to gain experience to win the Golden Bronze at the AFCON.

Target met.

Can we go back to calling them Eagles until they start doing something super? Like say, getting out of group stages and maybe making it to the Quarters? Or going to AFCON with the intent on winning the trophy or playing in the finals?

Or maybe we should settle for just being mediocre and setting our goals to lofty standards football Minnows aspire to reach... like, beating teams we are supposed to beat and losing to teams we are supposed to lose to, while being grateful we medaled. :?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

4 more years Rohr
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

Igugu wrote:Now that the AFCON 2019 in over for The Nigeria's Super Eagles, it is time to start planning to win the World Cup.

Tell it to the birds, my friend. Not Naija. If Buhari had his way, Okocha would still be playing.. :sneaky:
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz