UZOHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet
UZOHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER

Post by jette1 »

He seems firmer today than what Apkei looked like
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: UZOHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN BETTER

Post by ohenhen1 »

Then why was Akpeyi starting?
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Both of you clowns were hating on him brfore Afcon now you want him starting. GTFOH!
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Both of you clowns were hating on him brfore Afcon now you want him starting. GTFOH!
You need new pair of glasses or you need to remove the Amala from your eyes obstructing your vision. Show me where I hated on Uzoho befoe Afcon.

mapet
Egg
Egg

Post by mapet »

Seriously I feel so too. I also co-ask, how did the other two "jokes" (Keepers) get ahead of him?
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

The two enduring memories with regards to Akepyi's performances at the AFCON are the two 1 v 1 saves he pulled off in the games against Burundi and Algeria. I really do not get this fixation with him as if he was unequivocally culpable in any of the goals Nigeria conceded at this AFCON.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

slyk wrote:The two enduring memories with regards to Akepyi's performances at the AFCON are the two 1 v 1 saves he pulled off in the games against Burundi and Algeria. I really do not get this fixation with him as if he was unequivocally culpable in any of the goals Nigeria conceded at this AFCON.

Please answer honestly, after watching Akpeyi play at Afcon. Do you think Akpeyi is the goalkeeper that will win a title for Nigeria?

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

For me, this matter ended a long time ago. Uzoho is out number one and we should be looking at other youngsters like Alampasu to compete for the number one shirt with him.
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:The two enduring memories with regards to Akepyi's performances at the AFCON are the two 1 v 1 saves he pulled off in the games against Burundi and Algeria. I really do not get this fixation with him as if he was unequivocally culpable in any of the goals Nigeria conceded at this AFCON.

Please answer honestly, after watching Akpeyi play at Afcon. Do you think Akpeyi is the goalkeeper that will win a title for Nigeria?
I don't know where to begin with you and your question. Your question is so flawed it is unbelievable. You really believe a goal keeper wins titles for any team? My answer to your question is therefore that no goalkeeper wins a title for any football team.

Your turn to answer honestly, which of the goals that Nigeria conceded at the AFCON was Akpeyi unequivocally and 100% responsible for?
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

I don't know where to begin with you and your question. Your question is so flawed it is unbelievable. You really believe a goal keeper wins titles for any team? My answer to your question is therefore that no goalkeeper wins a title for any football team.

Your turn to answer honestly, which of the goals that Nigeria conceded at the AFCON was Akpeyi unequivocally and 100% responsible for?
Yes I believe a Goalkeeper wins titles for teams. Look at the difference Allison Becker made to Liverpool last season. Without Enyeama we won't have won the 2013 title. Akpeyi doesn't portray confidence. When players in front of him don't trust him. The teams becomes more defensive to protect the goalkeeper. This affects choices made by the manager. It was no secret that we played S Moses over Chukwuze in some games.

Algeria goalkeeper is solid, that is a championship goalkeeper. A goalkeeper that flaps at everything. Makes one terrific save, then two plays later makes a huge blunder is not a championship winning goalkeeper.

He could have done a better job setting up his wall against Algeria on that freekick. Look at how young Uzoho set up his wall. Also look at how young Uzoho put players on each post on corner kicks.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Yes I believe a Goalkeeper wins titles for teams. Look at the difference Allison Becker made to Liverpool last season. Without Enyeama we won't have won the 2013 title. Akpeyi doesn't portray confidence. When players in front of him don't trust him. The teams becomes more defensive to protect the goalkeeper. This affects choices made by the manager. It was no secret that we played S Moses over Chukwuze in some games.

Algeria goalkeeper is solid, that is a championship goalkeeper. A goalkeeper that flaps at everything. Makes one terrific save, then two plays later makes a huge blunder is not a championship winning goalkeeper.

He could have done a better job setting up his wall against Algeria on that freekick. Look at how young Uzoho set up his wall. Also look at how young Uzoho put players on each post on corner kicks.
:clap: :agree:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

Cellular wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Subjective. I said unequivocally and 100% responsible for the concession of the goal.

Again no goalie wins anything for any team. Its is a team effort. Put Allison or Enyeama in a poor team and the team wins nothing. Uzoho did not face any freekick similar to Mahrez goal so I do not know what you are comparing to. I say again, Akpeyi was not Nigeria's achilles heel in Egypt. That lay elsewhere. Stop reaching.

Just for the record, I was disappointed at the start of the tourney when I did not see Uzoho in goal. Having said that Akpeyi did not disappoint me. Like I said earlier, those two point blank saves vindicated him starting in my opinion.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

slyk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Subjective. I said unequivocally and 100% responsible for the concession of the goal.

Again no goalie wins anything for any team. Its is a team effort. Put Allison or Enyeama in a poor team and the team wins nothing. Uzoho did not face any freekick similar to Mahrez goal so I do not know what you are comparing to. I say again, Akpeyi was not Nigeria's achilles heel in Egypt. That lay elsewhere. Stop reaching.

Just for the record, I was disappointed at the start of the tourney when I did not see Uzoho in goal. Having said that Akpeyi did not disappoint me. Like I said earlier, those two point blank saves vindicated him starting in my opinion.

Yea it is a team effort. The goal keeper is a vital member of the team. If players dont trust the goalkeeper, it affects the entire team.

Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

slyk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Agreed. Akpeyi had a good tournament bar that gaffe against Mahrez where he inexplicably hid behind his wall. But, Uzoho made an awesome freekick save against Messi at the World Cup too. I believe it is best to go with Uzoho going forward though. Age, prospect and even relative International experience are in his favor. Next thing is for him to leave Cyprus.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

CE is chuck full of sentimentalists. Asked why the hatred and to point out Akpeyi's fault in any of the goals,
the answer rests on 'radiated confidence'. This same double tongued ITKs rubbished the choice of Uzoho about
a year ago in Russia.
There is no loyalty to our players here in CE. One can pull out threads where Mikel Obi was rubbished a few
years back, by same people praising and thanking him for his services with his announced retirement from
international football.
The SE lost as a team (coaches and players), to Algeria. Individuals rarely win or lose in team sports.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

joao wrote:CE is chuck full of sentimentalists. Asked why the hatred and to point out Akpeyi's fault in any of the goals,
the answer rests on 'radiated confidence'. This same double tongued ITKs rubbished the choice of Uzoho about
a year ago in Russia.
There is no loyalty to our players here in CE. One can pull out threads where Mikel Obi was rubbished a few
years back, by same people praising and thanking him for his services with his announced retirement from
international football.
The SE lost as a team (coaches and players), to Algeria. Individuals rarely win or lose in team sports.
And that is the way it should be. If you are not playing well, you should seat on the bench. There is no loyalty in professional spots.

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Alisson's last minute save against Napoli in the final game of the group stages is what helped Liverpool to win the Champions League. If that ball had gone in Liverpool would've been knocked out and no one will blame the keeper. That's the difference between a great goalkeeper and a good goalkeeper. Akpeyi did not inspire confidence, hence the defence was jittery, making individual mistakes at an unprecedented level. Uzoho brought confidence and calmness into the defence when he played.
I am happy
achuzia-the-air-raid
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by achuzia-the-air-raid »

Dammy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Alisson's last minute save against Napoli in the final game of the group stages is what helped Liverpool to win the Champions League. If that ball had gone in Liverpool would've been knocked out and no one will blame the keeper. That's the difference between a great goalkeeper and a good goalkeeper. Akpeyi did not inspire confidence, hence the defence was jittery, making individual mistakes at an unprecedented level. Uzoho brought confidence and calmness into the defence when he played.
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

The petrifying look on Omerua and Ekong faces every time they have to chase down strikers says it all!
Then they said to one another, “We are truly guilty concerning our brother, for we saw the anguish of his soul when he pleaded with us, and we would not hear; therefore this distress has come upon us.” Genesis 42:21

“A doubtful friend is worse than a certain enemy. Let a man be one thing or the other, and we then know how to meet him” (Aesop, 620–564 BC).
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Akpeyi started over Uzoho in this tournament because he was coming off a stronger season at club level in terms of game time etc. If Uzoho can sort out his club career, he will be the preferred option to Akpeyi I think. IMO, I don't think there is much difference in natural ability between the two but Uzoho seems to have been schooled better in the art of GK (and by a fair amount).
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Obong wrote:
slyk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
slyk wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:

Agreed. Akpeyi had a good tournament bar that gaffe against Mahrez where he inexplicably hid behind his wall. But, Uzoho made an awesome freekick save against Messi at the World Cup too. I believe it is best to go with Uzoho going forward though. Age, prospect and even relative International experience are in his favor. Next thing is for him to leave Cyprus.
I totally disagree. Akpeyi didn't have a good tournament. He was just lucky that most of his gaffs were not punished. In the game against Burundi he dropped a simple cross for a Burundian striker but the striker couldn't get a shot off. This was the same error Uzoho made against Seychelles but was punished. You need to also go back and rewatch the Algeria game, in the first 15 minutes he gifted Algeria 2 chances under no pressure, i think the first of which resulted in Collins givin him a severe bollocking, the 2nd one he just punched a simple cross he could have caught into the danger area causing both Omeruo & Ekong to scrammble the ball to safety. We were just lucky in the games he featured as our backline were under immense pressure to protect him. Given the fact that he is 32, he should be nowhere near the eagles again if we want to move forward.
walesvilla
Egg
Egg

Post by walesvilla »

Zelex wrote:Akpeyi started over Uzoho in this tournament because he was coming off a stronger season at club level in terms of game time etc. If Uzoho can sort out his club career, he will be the preferred option to Akpeyi I think. IMO, I don't think there is much difference in natural ability between the two but Uzoho seems to have been schooled better in the art of GK (and by a fair amount).
agree with you- if Uzoho can sort a club and play regularly - no chance for Akpeyi and Ewenwa -

same goes for Alampasu to just find any club that will give him regular football Belgium or Greece or Sweden or Denmark etc Div 2 or 3 and if he cannot find any please come back to Africa instead of wasting time in Portugal as a number 3 backup goalie
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Uzoho technique is the best I have ever seen from a young Nigerian goalkeeper. The coaches at Deportivo have done a great job with him. He just needs more experience. Need to get better at shot stopping and getting down quicker. But that will come with more experience. Hopefully the medical certificate mishap is behind him now and he can have a good season with his new club. Still 20, one good season with his new club and continual first team appearance with Nigeria will lead to good move.

Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

Could've had Manuel Nueurbuchukwu between the sticks, wouldn't have made the foggiest, Nigeria were comprehensively beaten by Algeria, the scoreline was merely an injustice on the sandstorm troopers. Iwobi running into blind alleys, Ndidi making more wayward passes than Titus Bramble at a hen party, had nothing to do with Daniel Son. Nigeria didn't deserve to contest the final and fortunately, won't.