IGHALO RETIRES FROM SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
IGHALO RETIRES FROM SE

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

https://www.brila.net/breaking-odion-ig ... -football/

Thanks Iggy, way to go out on top. :clap: :clap: :clap:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: IGHALO RETIRES FROM SE

Post by Tobi17 »

Smart man, went out on a high note, and he's surely among the MVP list of top strikers in Nigerian football history.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

The only one of bushboy's guys that came semi-correct.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

He served his country well on and off the pitch.

Thank you

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Zelex
Egg
Egg

Post by Zelex »

Thanks your service Ighalo!

:clap: :clap: :clap:
Zelex-CE World Cup 2010 prediction Winner
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=177767
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Thank you very much Ighalo!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Flex Swift
Egg
Egg

Post by Flex Swift »

Well done .... it is better to go on your terms rather than get pushed. Time to concentrate on the family.

Waiting for an announcement from Akpeyi ........come on now retire
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

BIghalooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution, I dunno who the heck we have that will replace you sef...we might be begging you back soon...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by vancity eagle »

He was much maligned, but he was a very good striker.

His goal scoring form in qualifying and this ANC was perhaps the highlight of his SE career.

Thanks for your service.
niyi
Egg
Egg

Post by niyi »

maceo4 wrote:BIghalooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution, I dunno who the heck we have that will replace you sef...we might be begging you back soon...
Thought Osimhen did ok yesterday. Maybe Iheanacho will get his acts together this season.
Ona t'Olorun ngba soro
lati se ise re
ona re enikan ko mo
awamaridi ni!
King Futcha
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by King Futcha »

"He had discussed his decision with the coach before the third-place match, saying that the constant abuse was taking a toll on his young family, but he was advised to keep it under wraps for the moment," the sources told ESPN.
https://africa.espn.com/football/nigeri ... l-football
Saints baby we did it
“I am in my technical zone and I can’t hear the boos,” Domenech said.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:BIghalooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution, I dunno who the heck we have that will replace you sef...we might be begging you back soon...
Thought Osimhen did ok yesterday. Maybe Iheanacho will get his acts together this season.
I dunno about all that but I know we go soon start abusing Osimhen - as he's not a very good player - just give it time b/c we've built up this idea of what kind of striker he is based on his numbers in a poor league without actually seeing him play. Hopefully Kele gets his act together, or we will be seeing a lot of the likes of Onuachu and other useless pretenders...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

For a young player, Osimhen did a lot of good things against Tunisia.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
I dunno about all that but I know we go soon start abusing Osimhen - as he's not a very good player - just give it time b/c we've built up this idea of what kind of striker he is based on his numbers in a poor league without actually seeing him play. Hopefully Kele gets his act together, or we will be seeing a lot of the likes of Onuachu and other useless pretenders...

Dude the only thing that is not very good is you. All you do is talk down on Nigerian players constantly being negative. You were one of those that called for Uzoho to be benched and we can all see how that cost us at the end. You never have anything +ve to say about these boys. Oshimen is barely 20 and yet he is rubbish in your eyes never mind the fact that he is scoring goals in double digits in Europe. You need to go to blazes. :!:
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Eyah! Sorry o to Emir and John 13. Even both of you have to admit that he rode the train too long.

MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:

Dude the only thing that is not very good is you. All you do is talk down on Nigerian players constantly being negative. You were one of those that called for Uzoho to be benched and we can all see how that cost us at the end. You never have anything +ve to say about these boys. Oshimen is barely 20 and yet he is rubbish in your eyes never mind the fact that he is scoring goals in double digits in Europe. You need to go to blazes. :!:
Sure, abuse me all you want, but I'm just the messenger, just wait and see once you turn that abuse on the young man I will be here to remind you. I watched him last season and know his limitations, I didn't call him rubbish, you did, I said he's not as good as you guys have made him out to be in your minds (tell me how many games you've actually watched him play). Definitely not someone (as of yet) that a NT can be depending on for goals. At least when Emenike left we had Ighalo and to a lesser extent Brown Ideye with a young Kelechi rising up. With Ighalo retiring, its going to be a big hole in the striking department, hopefully our smaller strikers can fill it.

Funny thing is you are saying I talk down Nigerian players what exactly is Ighalo? Is this not an Ighalo thread where I'm praising him? See stupidity... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Osimhen is OK, but we might be in for a long ride if we have to depend on him as the heir apparent to that #9 role... the search has to continue.
uglyoneiamagain
Egg
Egg

Post by uglyoneiamagain »

Thanks Iggy! Did your best for your country and despite everything that went on with the threats, you kept it professional.. all the best with your career.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.brila.net/breaking-odion-ig ... -football/

Ighalo retired? I didn't see this one coming. Something is wrong in the Super-eagles team.

Anyway, thanks to him. He served us very well. No excuses, no missing his way to the Stadium and et al. Thanks, Iggi!

In my book, you are a leader and a legend.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Flex Swift wrote:Well done .... it is better to go on your terms rather than get pushed. Time to concentrate on the family.

Waiting for an announcement from Akpeyi ........come on now retire
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Akpeyi, did you read this? They want you to announce your retirement from the Super-eagles team. What is it going to be, bro?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
The Osimhen I saw was many times more promising than Ighalo , faster more mobile ...
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

ohenhen1 wrote:For a young player, Osimhen did a lot of good things against Tunisia.
:clap: :clap:
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:https://www.brila.net/breaking-odion-ig ... -football/

On top of what ? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Anyway thanks for your services Mr Ighalo . You tried your best :thumb: