IGHALO RETIRES FROM SE

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: IGHALO RETIRES FROM SE

Post by Synopsis »

We officially have a problem. Our strikers no be am.
Last edited by Synopsis on Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:BIghalooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution, I dunno who the heck we have that will replace you sef...we might be begging you back soon...
Thought Osimhen did ok yesterday. Maybe Iheanacho will get his acts together this season.
I dunno about all that but I know we go soon start abusing Osimhen - as he's not a very good player - just give it time b/c we've built up this idea of what kind of striker he is based on his numbers in a poor league without actually seeing him play. Hopefully Kele gets his act together, or we will be seeing a lot of the likes of Onuachu and other useless pretenders...

Dude the only thing that is not very good is you. All you do is talk down on Nigerian players constantly being negative. You were one of those that called for Uzoho to be benched and we can all see how that cost us at the end. You never have anything +ve to say about these boys. Oshimen is barely 20 and yet he is rubbish in your eyes never mind the fact that he is scoring goals in double digits in Europe. You need to go to blazes. :!:
Lol. Welcome to 10+ years ago. No be today Mace04 begin him hatorade career.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

When will headless chicken Musa Retire? And take his best friend shehu with him. Musa played every game in the cup and zero goal.
green4life
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by green4life »

9jaMan wrote:When will headless chicken Musa Retire? And take his best friend shehu with him. Musa played every game in the cup and zero goal.
With Ighalo's retirement, if Rohr has half a brain, perhaps he'll consider playing Musa at CF.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

green4life wrote:
bret- hart wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
niyi wrote:
maceo4 wrote:BIghalooooooo!!!!!!! Thanks for your contribution, I dunno who the heck we have that will replace you sef...we might be begging you back soon...
Thought Osimhen did ok yesterday. Maybe Iheanacho will get his acts together this season.
I dunno about all that but I know we go soon start abusing Osimhen - as he's not a very good player - just give it time b/c we've built up this idea of what kind of striker he is based on his numbers in a poor league without actually seeing him play. Hopefully Kele gets his act together, or we will be seeing a lot of the likes of Onuachu and other useless pretenders...

Dude the only thing that is not very good is you. All you do is talk down on Nigerian players constantly being negative. You were one of those that called for Uzoho to be benched and we can all see how that cost us at the end. You never have anything +ve to say about these boys. Oshimen is barely 20 and yet he is rubbish in your eyes never mind the fact that he is scoring goals in double digits in Europe. You need to go to blazes. :!:
Lol. Welcome to 10+ years ago. No be today Mace04 begin him hatorade career.
Mikel don retire my hatorade now haba...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
100%Naija
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by 100%Naija »

ighalo!!! my main guy. Well done...he repped GWG for sure. Salute!!!!
I'm the biggest boss that you've seen thus far, Reppin' PH & NGR to the Fullest
http://forum.cybereagles.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=158494
Babafad wrote: My brother, dis money go scatter akara for inside oil. Just dey watch!
Field Marshall Ogolo
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ighalo retires after scathing forum (C.E,) attack

Post by Field Marshall Ogolo »

https://www.brila.net/breaking-odion-ig ... -football/

He threw in the green jersey.
Let us use caution folks. These players are human beings too.
A criminal trial is not a search for truth. Science is a search for truth. Alan Dershowitz
adebisy
Egg
Egg

Post by adebisy »

Thank you for your services
metalalloy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by metalalloy »

Thank you Iggy!!!

Bobo head straight to china. kai.
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Merci Igholaso :clap: :clap:

Please free to change your mind
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
chif456
Egg
Egg

Post by chif456 »

Retiring to avoid abuse. Cant blame him
Kneedeep
Egg
Egg

Post by Kneedeep »

Odion showed up, ignored everything from bad jokes to straight abuse and did his thing.
Wishing him luck in his future endeavors and doing "pepper-dem" on instagram.
Advocating rational thought since 1987
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

It is a great day in Nigerian football history! Another overrated chinese league player retires from the SE? Ighalo was as useless as they come. He had half a good reason at Watford and a below average effort playing for the SE!
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Undertaker wrote:It is a great day in Nigerian football history! Another overrated chinese league player retires from the SE? Ighalo was as useless as they come. He had half a good reason at Watford and a below average effort playing for the SE!
SMH...
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

Undertaker wrote:It is a great day in Nigerian football history! Another overrated chinese league player retires from the SE? Ighalo was as useless as they come. He had half a good reason at Watford and a below average effort playing for the SE!
Clap for yourself. Henceforth, the SE starting 11 will be regulars from City, Liverpool, Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona, PSG, Juventus, Milan, Bayern and Dortmund.
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ighalo not coming back

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

He's baaaack! After 4 days. :laugh:

Let's tok am. Na true?
Last edited by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA on Sun Jul 21, 2019 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
OCCUPY NFF!!
charlie
Egg
Egg
Re: Breaking*** Ighalo will continue with SE.

Post by charlie »

Good job by Pinnick.
Ighalo is at the top of his game right now and we have no one close to replacing him at that #9 spot.

I hope Ighalo gets into a very good club so he can showcase his talent in a top league, or maybe even UCL Football.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Let's tok am. Na true?
EMIR,

You are getting your news a bit stale. The story above was breaking earlier in the morning and shortly after, the reporter (Obayiuwana) talked to Ighalo who denied that he was returning. Several other journalists with the BBC, ESPN, etc also talked with Ighalo with the latter stating that yes he talked to Pinnick but no he is not changing his mind. Thus, Ighalo stays retired and that much was known in the morning hours.

Ighalo speaks on making u-turn on Super Eagles’ retirement
Published on July 20, 2019 By Ifreke Inyang
https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/20/ighalo- ... etirement/

Nigeria striker, Odion Ighalo, has insisted he will not make a u-turn over his decision to retire from international football.

This follows an attempt by President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, to persuade him to change his mind.

“It is not true that I have reversed my decision.

“The (NFF) president spoke to me and asked me to reconsider. Out of respect for him, I said I would think about it. I consulted with my family and we decided that the best thing for me now is to stand by the decision.

“I love my country and it was not an easy decision to make. But I believe the time is right. I am now out for eight weeks and my club are not happy about it, but I thank God for everything,” Ighalo told ColinUdoh.com

The 30-year-old signs out on a high, after winning the Golden Boot at the just concluded 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with five goals.

Ighalo played 35 games for Nigeria in total and netted 16 times.

He ranks as the seventh all-time highest goalscorer in the national team history.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Enugu II wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:

Let's tok am. Na true?
EMIR,

You are getting your news a bit stale. The story above was breaking earlier in the morning and shortly after, the reporter (Obayiuwana) talked to Ighalo who denied that he was returning. Several other journalists with the BBC, ESPN, etc also talked with Ighalo with the latter stating that yes he talked to Pinnick but no he is not changing his mind. Thus, Ighalo stays retired and that much was known in the morning hours.

Ighalo speaks on making u-turn on Super Eagles’ retirement
Published on July 20, 2019 By Ifreke Inyang
https://dailypost.ng/2019/07/20/ighalo- ... etirement/

Nigeria striker, Odion Ighalo, has insisted he will not make a u-turn over his decision to retire from international football.

This follows an attempt by President of the Nigeria Football Federation, Amaju Pinnick, to persuade him to change his mind.

“It is not true that I have reversed my decision.

“The (NFF) president spoke to me and asked me to reconsider. Out of respect for him, I said I would think about it. I consulted with my family and we decided that the best thing for me now is to stand by the decision.

“I love my country and it was not an easy decision to make. But I believe the time is right. I am now out for eight weeks and my club are not happy about it, but I thank God for everything,” Ighalo told ColinUdoh.com

The 30-year-old signs out on a high, after winning the Golden Boot at the just concluded 2019 Africa Cup of Nations with five goals.

Ighalo played 35 games for Nigeria in total and netted 16 times.

He ranks as the seventh all-time highest goalscorer in the national team history.
Thanks. Why does Pinnick want him to come back?Not a good.
Move on his part,
OCCUPY NFF!!
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Ighalo not coming back

Post by ohenhen1 »

Wish him the best. Big year for Osimhen at Lile and Awoniyi at his new club.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:Wish him the best. Big year for Osimhen at Lile and Awoniyi at his new club.

:clap:
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

I remember when Pinnick also said he spoke to Tammy Abrahams Dad and he said he’ll definitely play for Nigeria and the rest is his-story!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Thank God. Let him enjoy his bronze medal. Hopefully we'll be able to aim for the trophy next time.

At least him better pass Makinwa and Brown Ideye. :taunt: :taunt:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051