3rd PLACE FINISH IS GREAT ACHIEVEMENT FOR NIGERIA - IWOBI !!

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 3rd PLACE FINISH IS GREAT ACHIEVEMENT FOR NIGERIA - IWOB

Post by cchinukw »

The YeyeMan wrote:An Arsenal player celebrating a third-place finish..... makes sense.
That mentality makes me shudder.

In years past, there would have been an apology to the nation while the coach would be sacked almost immediately.

Did Eguavon not get us here before with stiffer opposition? :twisted:
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

The YeyeMan wrote:An Arsenal player celebrating a third-place finish..... makes sense.
...blame venga :lol: :lol:
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

All those attacking Iwobi's statement should show their face and attach their whatever achievement for all to see.
It is easy ranting about another person's achievement or lack of via a faceless medium, when yours is unavailable
for public scrutiny. Most of these ITK 'critics' are losers who delight in rubbishing other peoples joy, as they most
likely had very few success in their own lives.

I want to bet that if CE had required anyone wishing to post on the site to have their picture and resume authenticated,
most of these 'know-it-alls' will be on 'read only'.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

-x-o-X-o-x-
Double post
Last edited by joao on Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

joao wrote:All those attacking Iwobi's statement should show their face and attach their whatever achievement for all to see.
It is easy ranting about another person's achievement or lack of via a faceless medium, when yours is unavailable
for public scrutiny. Most of these ITK 'critics' are losers who delight in rubbishing other peoples joy, as they most

I want to bet that if CE had required anyone wishing to post on the site to have their picture and resume authenticated,
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

joao wrote:All those attacking Iwobi's statement should show their face and attach their whatever achievement for all to see.

:evil: :twisted:
Shaaaatttaapp fooL !! :woot: I have left some of my qualifications at the bottom of the first page on this thread.. .. so wherez is yours ? :taunt: :taunt:

So who are u trying to shakara.. ..i bet u are a danfo driver thatz why u feel that anyone needs a qualification to critick Iwobi or da SE ?? :scared:
=================================
Chance favors da prepare mind. ALWAYS !! :mrgreen:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Iwobi is just 23, he just experienced his first tournament ever on continental soil, and added a medal to his resume... what's the issue with what he said?? The medal means a lot to the young man and we should be happy for him... you folks should sometimes get off your sanctimonious high grounds/standards and realize there's the individual... and then there is football... the two are mutually exclusive. Yes we expect a better mentality from our players, but we are not exactly producing world class players anymore, so let's be patient with the ones that are at least trying within their abilities. And trust me I'm as much an anti-Rohr person as anyone out there, but sometimes we should try separate sentiments from reality. If Iwobi is happy he won a bronze medal and insists its a great achievement for Nigeria, then good for him... He's a grown #$% man, and is entitled to his fuccking opinion. You are in no position to dictate to him what your standards should or should not be, you are not his father or sponsor.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

So Iwobi thinks the team is very young.... :mrgreen:
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Tobi17 wrote:Iwobi is just 23, he just experienced his first tournament ever on continental soil, and added a medal to his resume... what's the issue with what he said?? The medal means a lot to the young man and we should be happy for him... you folks should sometimes get off your sanctimonious high grounds/standards and realize there's the individual... and then there is football... the two are mutually exclusive. Yes we expect a better mentality from our players, but we are not exactly producing world class players anymore, so let's be patient with the ones that are at least trying within their abilities. And trust me I'm as much an anti-Rohr person as anyone out there, but sometimes we should try separate sentiments from reality. If Iwobi is happy he won a bronze medal and insists its a great achievement for Nigeria, then good for him... He's a grown #$% man, and is entitled to his fuccking opinion. You are in no position to dictate to him what your standards should or should not be, you are not his father or sponsor.
Give me a break abeg. The 2013 trophy was a great acheivement for Nigeria and rightly so too.

This bronze medal is a taster of what could have been with more competent management.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Tobi17 wrote:Iwobi is just 23, he just experienced his first tournament ever on continental soil, and added a medal to his resume... what's the issue with what he said?? The medal means a lot to the young man and we should be happy for him... you folks should sometimes get off your sanctimonious high grounds/standards and realize there's the individual... and then there is football... the two are mutually exclusive. Yes we expect a better mentality from our players, but we are not exactly producing world class players anymore, so let's be patient with the ones that are at least trying within their abilities. And trust me I'm as much an anti-Rohr person as anyone out there, but sometimes we should try separate sentiments from reality. If Iwobi is happy he won a bronze medal and insists its a great achievement for Nigeria, then good for him... He's a grown #$% man, and is entitled to his fuccking opinion. You are in no position to dictate to him what your standards should or should not be, you are not his father or sponsor.
Tobi17,

Easy, bros, Abeg DON'T BREAK THAT GLASS YET!! :rotf:

You are certainly correct that Iwobi should be happy with his achievement. It is the best that he has achieved with the national team yet and has expressed his feeling. That much should be clear.

To be honest, finishing among Africa's best four teams is nothing to be ashamed of at all. By comparison, it actually is better, in mathematical and ranking terms, than being among TOP FIVE to represent the continent at a World Cup. I am glad that the Nigerian government has expressed its happiness with the team. Yes, we all aspired to win it all as the ultimate goal but that does not mean we can ignore what finishing among the top four means.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics