for NIGERIA 2 GET iTS MOJO BACK.. .LAGOS hv 2 SEE SOME GAMEs

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet
for NIGERIA 2 GET iTS MOJO BACK.. .LAGOS hv 2 SEE SOME GAMEs

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
we have totally lost our soccer identity and pride.

A 3rd place finish at the AFCON is now viewed as an accomplishment by our players... based on they ways they were celebrating the bronze medal in Egypt !!

The NFF have to bring back our soccer passion by re-directing games back to Lagos {and not even Abuja}
it's time for proposals to cum as to how the government is going to revitalize the national stadiums in Lagos as well as the Liberty stadium at Ibadan.

Our players today are too relaxed, soft and seem not to know what our measure of gold standard is for our football AND this is unacceptable !!

if these players and coaches knew how soccer expectation in Lagos used to be.. then these content reactions coming from them won't be seen.

I think it's long over due to employ some of our old players as national coach BUT also invite on regular basis some of these old players to come give these our players pep talks on what is expected of them at tournaments !!

NFF are u listening ???? :woot:
=============================================
Aaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: for NIGERIA 2 GET iTS MOJO BACK.. .LAGOS hv 2 SEE SOME G

Post by ANC »

So you think, after over 20 years of being absent from Lagos, same energy would be recaptured just like that. Do you know how old Damunk is now, you think he can still brave the crowd as he once did in his 40s to attend a super eagles game. Water don pass under bridge, move on.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Nigeria should continue to invest in youth football, continue with high school grade tournaments, thats were real talents are nurtured and discovered. When you compare the likesof Uche Okechukwu and Chidi Nwanu to Ekong, one can clearly see the difference. Again because something is a good fit for Europe does not mean its a good fit for SE.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

ANC wrote:So you think, after over 20 years of being absent from Lagos, same energy would be recaptured just like that. Do you know how old Damunk is now, you think he can still brave the crowd as he once did in his 40s to attend a super eagles game. Water don pass under bridge, move on.
Lagos fans are always Lagos fans yesterday, today, tomorrow. The are always brash and that attributes gets transferred to the team... who ends up playing with a chip on their shoulders rather than being too lax and compromising towards opponents !!

Super Eagles have lost the attitude of playing with swag and at da same time with a chip on their shoulders.... we need to retrace our steps and our traditions !!
===========================================
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaadddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
megapro
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by megapro »

kash n' karry wrote:
ANC wrote:So you think, after over 20 years of being absent from Lagos, same energy would be recaptured just like that. Do you know how old Damunk is now, you think he can still brave the crowd as he once did in his 40s to attend a super eagles game. Water don pass under bridge, move on.
Lagos fans are always Lagos fans yesterday, today, tomorrow. The are always brash and that attributes gets transferred to the team... who ends up playing with a chip on their shoulders rather than being too lax and compromising towards opponents !!

Super Eagles have lost the attitude of playing with swag and at da same time with a chip on their shoulders.... we need to retrace our steps and our traditions !!
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaadddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
:rotf:
A team that was so useless that they could not qualify for 2015 and 2019 tournament
only 3 or 4 with AFCON experience
If they get a medal wont they celebrate?
megapro 2012:
Keshi should be left alone to continue his program, and seriously has a chance of casting his name in gold
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Part of the problem of our football is that it is so unrooted locally that it won't be out of place to call it a Nigerian team in name only.

There is no character and it seems as if 11 men have been hurriedly melded together.

There is comradie quite alright but that is hardly translated to any identity on the pitch.

Only a fraud will claim that everything is clicking on the green grass.

The boys have to be protected from the vagaries of Lagos life. I would say is probably one of the factors playing on the people at the helm of the glass house.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

megapro wrote:
kash n' karry wrote:

:rotf:
A team that was so useless that they could not qualify for 2015 and 2019 tournament
only 3 or 4 with AFCON experience
If they get a medal wont they celebrate?
Oh hey.. . I feel u megapro :mrgreen: .... no wonder these players of ours were jubilating with the bronze medal on their necks at the end of the 3rd place game
=====================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
oyek
Egg
Egg

Post by oyek »

I was just thinking the same thing this evening at the barber shop. The Super Eagles is missing Lagos big time, that way Rohr and his boys will know that we mean business.
If not for Jesus, where will i be?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Our win record in Lagos isn't even that good. These old heads are overrating Nigeria's international prestige. You'd think we've won 3 FIFA World Cups by the way some of these posters are talking.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

oyek wrote:I was just thinking the same thing this evening at the barber shop. The Super Eagles is missing Lagos big time, that way Rohr and his boys will know that we mean business.
We played with a chip on our shoulders always in Lagos AND also Lagos also helps to psychologically intimidate our opponents before the match even starts AND by the time we score 1-2 goals, u start hearing that eeeeeehhh.. . uuuuuuuhhh chants... with the various music bands and fans dancing to the vibes of the drums and trumphets in heavy numbers!! :thumbs:

Now I am not saying that other cities in Nigeria does not have this Lagos swag but nowhere in the country has better fans and i see no reason why da NFF and our sports authorities have starved our best and biggest cities and biggest number of fans with national soccer games ?? It needs to be probed here !! :woot:

I think due to this Lagos absence our players and foreign coaches alive have lost...

1. the true essence of Nigeria soccer characteristics
2. the true emotion of our fans and most importantly
3. the true results from tournaments of what is expected from them
4. Also our foreign coaches do not have a feel for our soccer passion and expectation too !! :???:

The Lagos national stadium needs to be revitalized... we see how many countries host their best home games in their biggest cities as evidenced in Cairo Egypt by the Pharaoh's :dream:

Right now, if we host an AFCON tournament.... i doubt if Lagos our biggest city will even host any group staged game let alone the finals OR even ibadan for that matter where the first stadium in Nigeria was built {Liberty stadium} and resides in till the present date !!

Nigeria is losing its true soccer identity and culture and it is painful to see !! I won't even mind moving the administrative offices of our NFF back to Surulere Lagos :bump:
=====================================================
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnn itt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen: