Ikouwem Utin Feels Good After Debut.......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
Ikouwem Utin Feels Good After Debut.......

Post by Enugu II »

Ikouwem Utin feels privileged after Maccabi debut win
https://www.aclsports.com/ikouwem-utin- ... debut-win/
Fisayo DairoFisayo Dairo July 19, 2019

Nigerian left back Ikouwem Utin has told www.aclsports.com that he feels privileged to have won with new club Maccabi Haifa on his debut in a Europa League game on Thursday night.

Utin who joined the Israeli side from Nigerian champions Enyimba this summer featured for the whole ninety minutes of Maccabi Haifa’s 3-2 away win to NS Mura of Slovenia on Thursday, with his side advancing to the next round 5-2 on aggregate.

The 19-year old was very delighted after the win.

“I want to thank God for a successful game, featuring in my first Europa game for the club,” began Utin to www.aclsports.com

He continued: “It is a great privilege for me that my first game for the club, we won away. It is a great privilege which I think has added more value to my career and me as a person also.”

He was on the bench as an unused substitute when both sides met a week ago in the first leg in Israel with right footed full back Raz Meir improvised at left back but the Nigeria Under 20 captain was thrown into the deep on Thursday night, bringing out a good result.

He says he will continue to work harder and hopes to achieve success with the club that has had Nigerians in the past (including Eric Ejiofor and Aiyegbeni Yakubu).

“I know it is my first time playing for a club outside Nigeria but I believe that with hard work and dedication, I can move mountains.

“I believe that this season, with the efforts of everyone at the club and what God will do for me, at the end of the season, we will come back with our league title and make a good impression in Europe,” said Utin who played all four matches for Nigeria at the last U20 FIFA World Cup in Poland.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Obong
Egg
Egg
Re: Ikouwem Utin Feels Good After Debut.......

Post by Obong »

Good development. I expect him to battle Collins for the left back position just as Aina and Ebuehi will battle for the right back. The new Eagles are looking set and exciting.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

I didnt like what I saw at the WYC. Poor defending misplaced passes and etc.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

ohenhen1 wrote:I didnt like what I saw at the WYC. Poor defending misplaced passes and etc.
That whole team was just bad, not sure if it was bad coaching or something... but I like Ikouwem as an individual player, he's a decent player.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Tobi17 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:I didnt like what I saw at the WYC. Poor defending misplaced passes and etc.
That whole team was just bad, not sure if it was bad coaching or something... but I like Ikouwem as an individual player, he's a decent player.

The U23 team should be the next step for him.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

There is absolutely no contest here - Kid is mediocre.
Maybe a second look in the next 4 yrs or so.
NEXT...
Obong wrote:Good development. I expect him to battle Collins for the left back position just as Aina and Ebuehi will battle for the right back. The new Eagles are looking set and exciting.
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Otitokoro wrote:There is absolutely no contest here - Kid is mediocre.
Maybe a second look in the next 4 yrs or so.
NEXT...
Obong wrote:Good development. I expect him to battle Collins for the left back position just as Aina and Ebuehi will battle for the right back. The new Eagles are looking set and exciting.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I am shocked you do not know Obong Itatex. The kids is from Obong's side of the country, thats all that matters to Obong. smh
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
bret- hart
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by bret- hart »

I wouldn't write him off just yet. There were some decent players on that team. What messed them up were the waste pipes like Tijani and the useless coach we had. I wont be surprised if 4 or 5 of those guys become mainstays in the Super Eagles in the near future.
I AM THE EXCELLENCE OF EXECUTION- BRET THE "HITMAN" HART.

The Neo Nueves Hart foundation: R.Onyedika, M.Usor, Y.Sor, A.Adeleye, A.Okonkwo, N.Tella, A.Yusuf, E.Onyenezide, V.Lopez, O.Olusegun.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

He and Collins should provide us with the depth we need at leftback.
Otitokoro
Egg
Egg

Post by Otitokoro »

What depth?
Is this your Friday Onyeukwu 2.0?
Ayo Akinfe wrote:He and Collins should provide us with the depth we need at leftback.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Why?
Because he plays abroad he is a guaranteed regular for the Nigerian National Team?
We need to re-evaluate the way we do things over there, has Israel even proven its self as a football nation in Europe?
If Nigeria keeps on stalling it’s domestic progress things will only get worse the fans and scouts alike accept anything foreign as best whilst lazily ignoring development in Nigeria!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Eaglezbeak wrote:
Why?
Because he plays abroad he is a guaranteed regular for the Nigerian National Team?
We need to re-evaluate the way we do things over there, has Israel even proven its self as a football nation in Europe?
If Nigeria keeps on stalling it’s domestic progress things will only get worse the fans and scouts alike accept anything foreign as best whilst lazily ignoring development in Nigeria!

Do we have a good leftback in the local league you think should be looked at? I agree that this is something Rohr should look at.
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:
Eaglezbeak wrote:
Why?

Do we have a good leftback in the local league you think should be looked at? I agree that this is something Rohr should look at.
That’s what a coach and his staff should do instead of waiting for a player to go abroad to a weak league and then automatically select him, Ogu (in midfield) played in Israel and many on CE thought he was the perfect fit because of that, it’s lazy to assume a player will solve a problem based on the fact he plays his football in a foreign league.
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI