ROHR: Among Highest Paid Coaches at AFCON......

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
ROHR: Among Highest Paid Coaches at AFCON......

Post by Enugu II »

Revealed: How Much The Coaches Of Afcon Finalists Earn
https://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/art ... ery-page=6
Jul 19, 2019 - 06:33 pm

By SL International

Aliou Cisse and Djamel Belmadi were born a day apart and grew up in the same neighbourhood. Tonight, one of them will lift the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, even though they are not among the highest-paid coaches at the tournament.

Click through the mini-gallery above to see the top-earning coaches, and what they earn monthly, at Afcon 2019.

The two coaches have many things in common and are actually good friends, but on Friday night they will be on opposing ends in their quest to lead their country to glory.

They both represented their countries as players, and this the first Afcon in 21 years in which two local coaches are meeting in the final.

Watch the Afcon final live in HD with DStv Compact!

"I believe this is a message for all football stakeholders in our continent," Belmadi said after beating Nigeria in the semi-final, as quoted by Caf's official website.

"A young local coach can write history and produce some good football. Aliou Cisse is a very good friend of me and facing him is going to be interesting.

"The difference between us is that he is working with Senegal since four years; I have barely been here for a year. He is a very good coach and doing a great job with Senegal."

Apart from their connected history, Belmadi and Cisse have another thing in common: they are not among the highest-earning coaches at the African showpiece this year.

Algeria's Belmadi appears in fourth position among the highest-paid coaches at Afcon, but he earns about half of what reported top earner Javier Aguirre was getting from Egypt before he was sacked.

The 60-year-old, who received €108 000 (R1.69 million) per month as Pharaohs boss, according to Gini Afric, was relieved of his duties after Stuart Baxter's Bafana Bafana knocked the hosts out of the tournament.

Belmadi, meanwhile, receives €55 000 (R859 000) a month from Algeria, while Cisse pockets considerably less with Senegal, earning €23 000 (R359 000) a month, as per Gini Afric.

Read: The Highest-Paid Coaches At Afcon Revealed?

The former Senegal captain was the lowest-paid coach at the 2018 Fifa World Cup, and is only in 12th position among the top-earning coaches at Afcon 2019.

Which Afcon 2019 coach has impressed you the most? Have your say in the comments section below.

Here is the list {Complied in Euros per month}

1. Javier Aguirre (EGYPT) 108,000
2. Clarence Seedorf (CAMEROON) 96,000
3. Herve Renard (MOROCCO) 80,000
4. Djamel Belmadi (ALGERIA) 55,000
5. Gernot Rohr (NIGERIA) 49,700
6. Stuart Baxter (S/AFRICA) 31,000
7. Paul Put (GUINEA) 30,000
8. Florent Ibenge (CONGO DR) 25,000
9. Alain Giresse (TUNISIA) 25,000
10. Kwasi Appiah (GHANA) 25,000
11. Aliou Cisse (SENEGAL) 23,000
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Tobi17
Egg
Egg
Re: ROHR: Among Highest Paid Coaches at AFCON......

Post by Tobi17 »

So the lowest paid coach led his team to the final... Cisse deserves a honorary title already.
Sir V
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Sir V »

I am waiting for ANC, Ohenhen and Bigpokey comments :) :) :)
"If winning isn't important, why do we spend all that money on scoreboards?“ --Chuck Coonradt
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

I go chop your dollar....kai
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

50*12=600,000 a year in onyinbo currency ..kai do you people know the minimum wage in Nigeria... kai ..... we are dashing this man 600k to play coward football..oh boy
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

That is the compensation you expect for a third rate coach. Journey man ex Niger and Burkina Faso coach. Rohr hasn't won anything as a coach.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Rohr’s salary is not anybody’s business but his own. Get a Gaddem job if u need salary.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Tobi17 wrote:So the lowest paid coach led his team to the final... Cisse deserves a honorary title already.
He is the 11th highest paid out of 24...
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

When I opened this thread over a year ago, people were talking about continuity. Oya, make we continue now.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289835&hilit=Million
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Rohr has been manager for 3 years, so we have dashed the bobo 1.8 million Euros for a bronze and 1st round exit at the worldcup :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

how much did we pay Keshi for AFCON gold plus 2nd RD in Brazil..oh boy peak milk don play us
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Rawlings
Egg
Egg

Post by Rawlings »

$49,700/month should be a cakewalk for Naija ....
This is a country that makes billions from oil revenue
Nwabali -- Aina, Bassey, TroostEkong, Sanusi --- Chukwueze, Aribo, Ndidi, Iwobi --- Osimhem, Sadiq Umar
kawawa
Egg
Egg

Post by kawawa »

Tobi17 wrote:So the lowest paid coach led his team to the final... Cisse deserves a honorary title already.
Is he really lowest paid or lowest on this list. There were 24 teams at Afcon and he is listed as 11th here.
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: ROHR: Among Highest Paid Coaches at AFCON......g

Post by pajimoh »

When you pay with bananas, you get monkeys.

The fact that you people think $50k is big money in the world of elite coaches is laughable.
You get in Rohr, what we paid for.
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
I will fire Rohr and give that money to a local coach that is worth our salt i.e Amunike, SiaONE where art thou ?? :taunt: :taunt:
txj wrote:
Reflecting on the s/final loss, the coach said as follows: “It was a big fight until the last minute, it was a wonderful match, I think my players wanted it to go to extra time thinking Algeria were more tired,” Rohr was quoted as saying by Reuters.

The above statement encapsulates the Super Eagles under Genort Rohr: never able to seize the moment and the advantage staring them squarely in the face!
Low aimed...negative futbol muthafukkin coach... who can't even influence his players style of game !! :bump:
=========================
Aaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn itt !! Wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics ? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

pajimoh wrote:When you pay with bananas, you get monkeys.

The fact that you people think $50k is big money in the world of elite coaches is laughable.

REAL QUESTION IS...

…why do you need "elite" coaches when journeyman coaches can achieve the same results? Or better? I'd think the trio of Siasia, Amunike and Eguavon (or any other three combo of local coaches) would be glad to split Rohr's earnings three ways.
Bell
pajimoh
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by pajimoh »

Bell wrote:

REAL QUESTION IS...

…why do you need "elite" coaches when journeyman coaches can achieve the same results? Or better? I'd think the trio of Siasia, Amunike and Eguavon (or any other three combo of local coaches) would be glad to split Rohr's earnings three ways.
Bell
And you know this for sure?
Stop imagining things. Even in Africa, the trio you mentioned will struggle to make Nigeria a force.

Recycling until success happens?
Super Eagles - Fly Above The Storm!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Ekorian wrote: When I opened this thread over a year ago, people were talking about continuity. Oya, make we continue now.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=289835&hilit=Million
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Na wa-ooo! One day, una go kill me with lafta for hia
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

pajimoh wrote:
Bell wrote:

REAL QUESTION IS...

Bell
Stop imagining things. Even in Africa, the trio you mentioned will struggle to make Nigeria a force.

MY CONCERN IS...

...Nigeria is paying foreigners to do what locals can accomplish. For far less. These days countries outsource to reduce costs, not to increase them. Worse still, Nigeria is now paying for the man to receive further training. Other than Nigeria, has any other body picked up the tab for the training of someone brought in as a consultant in the first place?
Bell
kali
Egg
Egg

Post by kali »

Consider that in a given year he basically spends at most the equivalent of 2 months with the team - that is a salary with 9 months paid holiday.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Its not really a lot of money. He likely pays his associates from that salary too But any who I am a believer that you get what you pay for. You are paying a "world class" coach peanuts and you expect Gold?

I wish findi and co would get this peanut pay, since they are not world class coaches they might actually work hard for being overpaid.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Bell wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Bell wrote:

REAL QUESTION IS...

Bell

MY CONCERN IS...

...Nigeria is paying foreigners to do what locals can accomplish. For far less. These days countries outsource to reduce costs, not to increase them. Worse still, Nigeria is now paying for the man to receive further training. Other than Nigeria, has any other body picked up the tab for the training of someone brought in as a consultant in the first place?
Bell
So you want to pay Nigerian coaches peanuts by international rates but make the argument that "Nigerian coaches will achieve better results with the same support Rohr is getting"?

Which one you dey sef? :blink:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Damunk wrote:
Bell wrote:
pajimoh wrote:
Bell wrote:

REAL QUESTION IS...

Bell

MY CONCERN IS...

Bell
So you want to pay Nigerian coaches peanuts by international rates but make the argument that "Nigerian coaches will achieve better results with the same support Rohr is getting"?

Which one you dey sef? :blink:

When do you take a brake from your PC mode?. It has to be wearing on you.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

:agree: :clap: :agree: :agree: :agree:
But some herein want the NFF to up their game and hire Guardiola or Mourinho.
Unrealistic clowns! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges