10 changes we are likely to see ahead of the WC qualifiers

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
10 changes we are likely to see ahead of the WC qualifiers

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

[1] First of all, I believe Rohr will now know that he has to make Uzoho his permanent number one. He has to stop inviting Akpeyi and Ezenwa to camp to allow the younger goalkeepers to develop

[2] I expect to see Tyronne Ebuehi installed as the permanent rightback. Ola Aina can be his understudy but I fail to see the justification for the continued fielding of Shehu Abdullahi

[3] With the retirement of Mikel Obi and Ahmed Musa unlikely to be a starter, Kenneth Omeruo is likely to be made the substantive captain

[4] Rohr has to bite the bullet and hand a starting shirt to either Semi Ajayi or Okechukwu Azubuike in central midfield. Etebo simply gives the ball away too much and we badly missed Mikel's calming influence in front of the back four

[5] Henry Onyekuru simply has to be a starter ahead of Ahmed Musa. Rohr has got to stop playing silly games

[6] With the retirement of Ighalo, Rohr needs to decide on who is his targetman. Is it Victor Osimhen, Paul Onuachu, Olanrewaju Kayode, David Okereke or Anthony Nwakaeme. He needs to chose one and stick with him

[7] Alex Iwobi has to be told in plain language that he is the creative spark of the team. As the playmaker, the team needs to be built around him

[8] All the players over than 30 like John Ogu and Leon Balogun need to be dropped. There is no logic in continuing to invite them to camp

[9] The emphasis now needs to be on pace. Our build-ups are simply too slow. By the time we get to the opposing penalty area, the opposing team has men back behind the ball. Rohr cannot field more than two slow players in the starting 11

[10] We need to stop fielding one-dimensional players who just run with the ball. Nigeria will never win anything with players like Ahmed Musa and Simon Moses.
vancity eagle
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: 10 changes we are likely to see ahead of the WC qualifie

Post by vancity eagle »

Henry Onyekuru has not proven anything in a SE shirt to be handed an automatic starting position.

Rohr needs to look for other options in the AM role, even if we are to assume that Iwobi is the main guy.

The midfield needs a lot of work. Rohr needs to unearth midfielders who have strong technique, passing ability, and energy to run and press opposition. This is where we need the most work.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Onazi will Also return, he’s much better at that position than Etebo.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Thread should be renamed "10 changes Ayo Akinfe wants to see ahead of the WC qualifiers."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Onazi will Also return, he’s much better at that position than Etebo.
Onazi is also guilty of giving the ball away.
In fact, that is the thing that used to annoy me the most about him.
Have people forgotten so quickly?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] First of all, I believe Rohr will now know that he has to make Uzoho his permanent number one. He has to stop inviting Akpeyi and Ezenwa to camp to allow the younger goalkeepers to develop

[2] I expect to see Tyronne Ebuehi installed as the permanent rightback. Ola Aina can be his understudy but I fail to see the justification for the continued fielding of Shehu Abdullahi

[3] With the retirement of Mikel Obi and Ahmed Musa unlikely to be a starter, Kenneth Omeruo is likely to be made the substantive captain

[4] Rohr has to bite the bullet and hand a starting shirt to either Semi Ajayi or Okechukwu Azubuike in central midfield. Etebo simply gives the ball away too much and we badly missed Mikel's calming influence in front of the back four

[5] Henry Onyekuru simply has to be a starter ahead of Ahmed Musa. Rohr has got to stop playing silly games

[6] With the retirement of Ighalo, Rohr needs to decide on who is his targetman. Is it Victor Osimhen, Paul Onuachu, Olanrewaju Kayode, David Okereke or Anthony Nwakaeme. He needs to chose one and stick with him

[7] Alex Iwobi has to be told in plain language that he is the creative spark of the team. As the playmaker, the team needs to be built around him

[8] All the players over than 30 like John Ogu and Leon Balogun need to be dropped. There is no logic in continuing to invite them to camp

[9] The emphasis now needs to be on pace. Our build-ups are simply too slow. By the time we get to the opposing penalty area, the opposing team has men back behind the ball. Rohr cannot field more than two slow players in the starting 11

[10] We need to stop fielding one-dimensional players who just run with the ball. Nigeria will never win anything with players like Ahmed Musa and Simon Moses.

All you are getting with rohr is Musa and Simon, Akpeyi is his first choice gk, shehu is also his first choice RB. Rohr does not care about talent, he has his favorite players. Stop wasting your time, Rohr already knows his first 11 for the next game.
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

Ayo Akinfe wrote:[1] First of all, I believe Rohr will now know that he has to make Uzoho his permanent number one. He has to stop inviting Akpeyi and Ezenwa to camp to allow the younger goalkeepers to develop

Best 10 point list from Ayo I have seen in a long long time :clap: :clap: :clap:
The only thing I slightly disagree on is Etebo. We need his dog in that midfield.
What Etebo needs is top flight football with a good EPL team so he can work with his passing.
I am also not opposed to more competition in the midfield.

I also would continue to play Ahmed Musa above Onyekuru. Musa's experience and intangibles is still very much needed in this team.
Last edited by charlie on Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
charlie
Egg
Egg

Post by charlie »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Onazi will Also return, he’s much better at that position than Etebo.
Sorry, Onazi is done with the SE.
Kola nut lasts long for those that savor it
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

11. NFF must fire Rohr.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:

All you are getting with rohr is Musa and Simon, Akpeyi is his first choice gk, shehu is also his first choice RB. Rohr does not care about talent, he has his favorite players. Stop wasting your time, Rohr already knows his first 11 for the next game.
That's your fine spin because it serves your agenda.
How the hell did Aina, Collins, Uzoho, Awuziem, Chukwueze, Onuachi, Onyekuru and Kalu come into the equation?
Na Keshi abi na Buhari byforce dem inside? :lol:
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

Onazi is just another Etebo, hard worker and all but gives the ball as freely as a whore on the Broadway street... at least Etebo is younger, in good form, and definitely improving. So let's just forget the Onazi experiment and build on Ndidi and Etebo, the likes of Semi Ajayi, Azubuike, Mikel Agu, and an AM are what we need to be good to go.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

You should change the title of the thread to 10 changes you would like to see from 10 changes we are likely to see since the changes are up to Rohr.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

How the hell did Aina, Collins, Uzoho, Awuziem, Chukwueze, Onuachi, Onyekuru and Kalu come into the equation?

What agenda? All I have stated above is facts

Rohr saw ebuehi play but preferred shehu - facts

Musa was killing all the SE attack, zero goals in the campaign- facts

Rohr made “Akpeyi” number one - facts

The SE needs a goal in a game and rohr will rather bring in a wingback simon- facts

No need for folks to attempt to create any list of players that should be playing,

rohr’s favorites play unless they are injured - facts

You are quick to defend your massa rohr without thinking for yourself- facts :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

The SE needs a goal in a game and rohr will rather bring in a wingback simon- facts

No need for folks to attempt to create any list of players that should be playing,

You are quick to defend your massa rohr without thinking for yourself- facts :rotf:
I don tell you say this your 'massa' yabbis is a bit tired, a bit boring and of course, a bit childish.
You can do better.

My point is that your agenda is to paint Rohr in the worst possible light - so anything goes. Despite his introduction of several new players into the mix- young players all of his own accord, you still insist on him "not caring about talent".
That's why his squad is full of 'hey yous', innit?

Those young players are on the verge of breaking into the first eleven. If you don't like the wait, you know what to do...
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

I don tell you say this your 'massa' yabbis is a bit tired, a bit boring and of course, a bit childish.
You can do better.

My point is that your agenda is to paint Rohr in the worst possible light - so anything goes. Despite his introduction of several new players into the mix- young players all of his own accord, you still insist on him "not caring about talent".

Those young players are on the verge of breaking into the first eleven. If you don't like the wait, you know what to do...

I’m glad you can’t be daft enough to deny the facts I posted earlier, and as expected you respond with anything that will make your massa, oh, I mean Rohr look good. Stop deceiving yourself, you are clueless and it’s ok. It’s not yabbis, FYI, it’s facts, you rather defend a white clown that does not even know you exist, than think about the facts, and reason like a free man. Rohr has his favorites and they play when they are healthy regardless of form or talent. Rohr is not interested in making the SE great. He wants you to believe you are not good enough thus accept whatever you get. That is loser mentality
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

I cant understand why Ndidi is never looked at here. He might be the problem with the midfield. One moment he is a boss but when the opponent turns on the heat he either runs from the ball (making himself unavailable for a pass) and/or fouls clumsily around the field struggling with what looks like fatigue. That midfield needs fresh talent or at a minimum strong competition to push those already starting. Players should not be selected on the clubs they play for alone but also how they fit into the coaches philosophy.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You can do better.

I’m glad you can’t be daft enough to deny the facts I posted earlier, and as expected you respond with anything that will make your massa, oh, I mean Rohr look good. Stop deceiving yourself, you are clueless and it’s ok. It’s not yabbis, FYI, it’s facts, you rather defend a white clown that does not even know you exist, than think about the facts, and reason like a free man. Rohr has his favorites and they play when they are healthy regardless of form or talent. Rohr is not interested in making the SE great. He wants you to believe you are not good enough thus accept whatever you get. That is loser mentality
Seems you don suffer in the hands of this your 'massa' for you to be so bitter. :rotf: :rotf:
Next time insist on the duty solicitor at the deportation centre.
Woulda saved you the need to overcompensate. :taunt:
jungle-jawara
Egg
Egg

Post by jungle-jawara »

charlie wrote:

Best 10 point list from Ayo I have seen in a long long time :clap: :clap: :clap:
The only thing I slightly disagree on is Etebo. We need his dog in that midfield.
What Etebo needs is top flight football with a good EPL team so he can work with his passing.
I am also not opposed to more competition in the midfield.

I also would continue to play Ahmed Musa above Onyekuru. Musa's experience and intangibles is still very much needed in this team.
In essence, you are against Ayos 10 pointers. With all the changes you seem to have made.

But how does someone throw out all ages 30s and above and decide to make Kayode a starter? He has been around so long, Dude might be older than the whole crew.
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

The first two things Rohr has to do when the team meats up nest are:

Hand Alex Iwobi the number 10 shirt
Make Kenneth Omeruo the substantive skipper

If he does that, I will accept that we are on the road to sanity.
Adisboy
Egg
Egg

Post by Adisboy »

Ayo do you know you have a clear contradiction on your 6th & 8th point? You said all players over 30 should be dropped yet you mention Anthony Nwakaeme as one of the strikers to consider. Do you not know that Nwakaeme is official 30 years old?
Ayo Akinfe
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Ayo Akinfe »

Adisboy wrote:

Ayo do you know you have a clear contradiction on your 6th & 8th point? You said all players over 30 should be dropped yet you mention Anthony Nwakaeme as one of the strikers to consider. Do you not know that Nwakaeme is official 30 years old?
I did not realise he is that old. Thank you for the information.

In that case, he should be dropped. Let Osimhen, Onuachu, Kayode and Okereke fight for the number nine shirt.
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
9jaMan wrote:

You can do better.

Seems you don suffer in the hands of this your 'massa' for you to be so bitter. :rotf: :rotf:
Next time insist on the duty solicitor at the deportation centre.
Woulda saved you the need to overcompensate. :taunt:

Exactly :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: typical response from a clown house negro, now you are making up stories and exposing your low intelligence, the same reason you support Rohr without thinking about the facts. Enjoy
Coach
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Coach »

The mere mention of a “Targetman”, highlights the ever archaic, decade in delay, mindset of Nigeria. The era of the big, hold up play CF is dead to most. United are desperate to rid themselves of that rudimentary element Lukaku...the age of free-floating, shape shifting strikers is nigh, those capable of dropping deep to ten, shifting wide to 7 or 11 and darting into the box to 9. Simply standing up top as the immovable lump is more detrimental than destructive. Evolve FFS.