What is your Super Eagles' Preference (POLL)

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

What is Most Important to You pertaining to the Super Eagles?

Poll ended at Wed Jul 31, 2019 5:16 pm

Win no matter how the team plays.
63%
Play the most entertaining football.
25%
Have those that I think are best players on the field at all times.
13%

Total votes: 32

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet
What is your Super Eagles' Preference (POLL)

Post by Enugu II »

Based on the ongoing debate on the Super Eagles, let's learn about what your preference is.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Eaglezbeak
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: What is your Super Eagles' Preference (POLL)

Post by Eaglezbeak »

Enugu II wrote:Based on the ongoing debate on the Super Eagles, let's learn about what your preference is.
Winning will silence all those that talk for talking sake what’s the point of trying to play like Barcelona when you don’t have the players to do so and lose to go with it!
WHAT SHALL BE SHALL BE SABI
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The problem is Nigeria is playing ugly football and still losing. My preference is to win, don't care about the style.
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx
cic old boy
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by cic old boy »

The first priority for a fan is to win.
http://www.naijiant.com/
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

1. Win the tournament. I don't care if we have to limp to the finish line.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
kzz5joa
Egg
Egg

Post by kzz5joa »

How do you define "the most entertaining football"? How about they put out a balanced and organized team play? There are no guarantees in life, so I'll take a team with players that play for each other and work together for national success. I'll also take an FA that does what is necessary to make sure the team is well prepared for a tournament - this includes nutrition, health, fitness, techniques, and tactics.
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

The annoying thing about watching the Super Eagles for me is the predictability of tactics and play. Also the lack of flexibility of the coaching staff. Every one knows that Musa is not a good winger. Why do they continue to play him on the wings? Also Mikel Obi been played in an advanced role. Mikel is more suited for a deeper role. You watch Akpeyi make mistakes for 3 years, yet you still keep him and start him at the Afcon.

cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

ohenhen1 wrote:The annoying thing about watching the Super Eagles for me is the predictability of tactics and play. Also the lack of flexibility of the coaching staff. Every one knows that Musa is not a good winger. Why do they continue to play him on the wings? Also Mikel Obi been played in an advanced role. Mikel is more suited for a deeper role. You watch Akpeyi make mistakes for 3 years, yet you still keep him and start him at the Afcon.
Clearance, defender nor fit clear. Lapsed concentration. Trapping ball. Shoot at goal. Just simple things appear to be too much to ask.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is Nigeria is playing ugly football and still losing. My preference is to win, don't care about the style.

Could not have said better.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

cchinukw wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:The annoying thing about watching the Super Eagles for me is the predictability of tactics and play. Also the lack of flexibility of the coaching staff. Every one knows that Musa is not a good winger. Why do they continue to play him on the wings? Also Mikel Obi been played in an advanced role. Mikel is more suited for a deeper role. You watch Akpeyi make mistakes for 3 years, yet you still keep him and start him at the Afcon.
Clearance, defender nor fit clear. Lapsed concentration. Trapping ball. Shoot at goal. Just simple things appear to be too much to ask.

This is what happens when you are too careful. You make mistakes that you would not to normally make. The team was just too cautious.
nanijoe
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by nanijoe »

My preference is for the SE to have a Coach with an actual plan
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

This is not a sound poll. Who can be against winning? By "win", you mean win every single match we play? Then, in a span of our 4 years, we'd be rated as one of the greatest teams ever...In a span of 8 years, the greatest team ever. So who would possibly be against that?

So, the first option is a bit redundant.

The other 2 options are what we should be polling. Of the 2, I think the third is the most important. I can't stand terrible selection choices...there are a lot of 50:50 selection choices, but there are some that are 80:20, and to see a coach go with the "20" is infuriating
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

ohenhen1 wrote:The problem is Nigeria is playing ugly football and still losing. My preference is to win, don't care about the style.
Exactly...

I would prefer good organised football....cos most cases, you win with it.... look at Wolves...do they have better players than the likes of Liverpool, City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea?.....

Still the beat these teams playing great attractive football....

If we can win the WC playing ugly.....great.....but those anyone here see that happening??

After the Croatia game....Roy Keane( like him or not) said” this Nigerian team likes huddling in the middle of the pitch, maybe they just concentrate more on playing football because so far, they have been embarrassing”

Is that the team we want......?
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
ohenhen1
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by ohenhen1 »

Enyi wrote:
Exactly...

I would prefer good organised football....cos most cases, you win with it.... look at Wolves...do they have better players than the likes of Liverpool, City, Arsenal, United, Chelsea?.....

Still the beat these teams playing great attractive football....

If we can win the WC playing ugly.....great.....but those anyone here see that happening??

After the Croatia game....Roy Keane( like him or not) said” this Nigerian team likes huddling in the middle of the pitch, maybe they just concentrate more on playing football because so far, they have been embarrassing”

Is that the team we want......?

He is right.

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:Based on the ongoing debate on the Super Eagles, let's learn about what your preference is.
Many moons ago, I asked TXJ if he knew the difference between strategy and tactics.

The question was apt then and is still apt now. Contrary to what people have begun to accept, we have always thought that we have the necessary tools to win. We have the self-belief most African countries don't have. If the strategy of the current coach is to play counter-attacking football and he is winning with it, then it is okay. Problem is that he is telling us we don't have the personnel to play an offensive style game and still win. His excuse is that we lose to teams we are supposed to lose to and beat those we are supposed to. So how do we beat those teams we are not supposed to beat if we play a style that doesn't give us any advantage?

To play defensively against average teams and lacking an offensive game plan is not us at all.

I disagree with him that we are better off being a counter-attacking team.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Cellular wrote:
Many moons ago, I asked TXJ if he knew the difference between strategy and tactics.

The question was apt then and is still apt now. Contrary to what people have begun to accept, we have always thought that we have the necessary tools to win. We have the self-belief most African countries don't have. If the strategy of the current coach is to play counter-attacking football and he is winning with it, then it is okay. Problem is that he is telling us we don't have the personnel to play an offensive style game and still win. His excuse is that we lose to teams we are supposed to lose to and beat those we are supposed to. So how do we beat those teams we are not supposed to beat if we play a style that doesn't give us any advantage?

To play defensively against average teams and lacking an offensive game plan is not us at all.

94 Eagles were are a counter attacking team at the world cup, except may be against Greece. But the 94 team could actually attack, and with good effect. Rohr perhaps had issues with some players. He had a enough firepower on the bench to play an effective counterattack formation. Then again how do you counter attack with "inferior" opponents? In African football Nigeria is never an underdog.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Chief, na whuch (which) kain poll be dis? Abeg make you add 'win' inside the tin wey persin go choose, naw. For me, my choose na to win by any mins (means). Dat's all
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

cic old boy wrote:The first priority for a fan is to win.
Kpom :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: .........................And Rohr is not winning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
zee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by zee »

Cellular wrote:

Chair........Rohr is a football-coward, Croatia match was it for me.
"Today we remember Nigeria and Africa football legend, Late Coach Stephen Okechukwu Keshi who passed on, on june 7th 2016. Thank you for the memories ‘The Big Boss.’ We can never forget you"............Kanu Nwankwo
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

win, win, win, win...anything else nah cosmetic
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cellular wrote:

After this post, when i see you , i will buy you a whole bottle of grand marnier
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
All da polls above + SiaOne + Amunike !! :drool:
===============================
Truth.... be told.. .. all da time !! :mrgreen:
The Eagle
Egg
Egg

Post by The Eagle »

With due respect, the poll presents a false choice.

Any fan would want the Eagles (and Falcons) to win as many matches as possible (bearing in mind we can't win every match) .... to play the best quality of football that is possible (bearing in mind tactics may occasionally need to be negative) .... and to accomplish both tasks by using the best combination of players we have available (bearing in mind the best "combination" is a concept that may require not using certain players who are individually very gifted, replacing them with a less gifted player who makes for a better "combination").

Why would anyone intentionally choose just one of these goals? In fact, I have abstained from this vote, :) as the option I want has been excluded from the presented choices.
The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects the wind to change; the realist adjusts his sails.
Don't believe anything until it has been officially denied.
If you are controversial, you will lose some votes. If you are courageous, you will lose the election.