EGUAVOEN: Sacking Rohr Will Not Solve Problem...

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle
Re: EGUAVOEN: Sacking Rohr Will Not Solve Problem...

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Abbey wrote:
Bigpokey24 wrote:even if rohr won afcon, I still want him sacked for 2 reasons
1: he isn't better than our LCs like SSS etc
2: we had the 2nd worst defense at AFCON 2019
What exactly did SSS do for the SE during his tenure? He couldn't even tie Guinea at home to qualify for the 2015 AFCON. I am NOT for changing a coach for the sake of changing a coach. Some people want SSS now because he hasn't been coaching lately. And for these kind of reasoning, no news is good news. So people tend to gravitate towards them. And when they are hired and start stinking up the joint, they want the next knight in shining armor.
SSS did not lose at home....Rohr lost to SA 2 kondo inside our house
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Abbey wrote:
What exactly did SSS do for the SE during his tenure? He couldn't even tie Guinea at home to qualify for the 2015 AFCON. I am NOT for changing a coach for the sake of changing a coach. Some people want SSS now because he hasn't been coaching lately. And for these kind of reasoning, no news is good news. So people tend to gravitate towards them. And when they are hired and start stinking up the joint, they want the next knight in shining armor.
SSS did not lose at home....Rohr lost to SA 2 kondo inside our house
... and how may AFCONs or WC qualifiers did SSS lead Nigeria to again?
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Abbey wrote:
Well he does have two olympic medals and an U-20 medal to his credit and his teams played attacking attractive soccer

Furthermore tying 2-2 at home to Guineas isn't any worse than what every other coach has done at some point or the other . Keep in mind that it was Eguovoen having lost 1-0 in Conakry who made the game a must win for the eagles ..

Long and sort of it Siasia was never given a long enough stint IMHO
Abbey
Egg
Egg

Post by Abbey »

BAP wrote:
Abbey wrote:
Well he does have two olympic medals and an U-20 medal to his credit and his teams played attacking attractive soccer

Furthermore tying 2-2 at home to Guineas isn't any worse than what every other coach has done at some point or the other . Keep in mind that it was Eguovoen having lost 1-0 in Conakry who made the game a must win for the eagles ..

I will give SSS credit for the Olympics and U20 glories.
We are talking about the senior team here. If I recall correctly, his man management skill was woeful. Same as Oliseh. And those skills or lack thereof are team killers to professional organizations.
Last edited by Abbey on Mon Jul 22, 2019 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A Person convinced against his will is of the same opinion still.
BAP
Egg
Egg

Post by BAP »

Abbey wrote:
BAP wrote:
Abbey wrote:

I will give SSS credit for the Olympics and U20 glories.
We are talking about the senior team here. If I recall correctly, his man management skill was woeful. Same as Oliseh. And those skills or like thereof are team killers to professional organizations.
You recall wrongly .. there was nothing wrong with his man management
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

Eaglezbeak wrote:For Gods sake, if the bucket has holes it stop filling it with water!Can we just admit if we don’t start from the foundation we’ll be sacking the next manager after the next tournament and so on!The problem wasn’t imported with the German coach the problem was always home now fix it or continue to complain! That’s how I see it!
I COMPLETELY AGREE THAT NIGERIA'S PROBLEM IS FOUNDATIONAL, BUT THEN...

…why spend all that money to hire a foreign coach when the money could be better spent building that foundation?
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

BAP wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Enugu II wrote:
Sacking Rohr won’t solve Eagles’ problem – Eguavoen
ON JULY 22, 20194:07

BY EMMANUEL OKOGBA

Ex international, Augustine Eguavoen has revealed that plans to sack Super Eagles technical adviser, Gernot Rohr won’t put an end to the problems affecting Nigerian football. Nigeria’s coach Gernot Rohr reacts during the 2019 Africa Cup of Nations (CAN) third place play-off football match between Tunisia and Nigeria at the Al Salam stadium in Cairo on July 17, 2019.

Eguavoen, who was an integral part of the Super Eagles squad that conquered Africa at the 1994 Africa Cup of Nations in Tunisia, where the team defeated Zambia 2-1 in the final, told Soccernet that the call for Rohr’s sack after the team’s failure to win the AFCON 2019 should be left for the Nigeria’s football governing body.

Recall that the Super Eagles won the bronze medal after defeating the Carthage Eagles of Tunisia in the third-place match last week Wednesday. Eguavoen stated that Rohr should be commended for his achievement with the players even though Nigerians expected more from the German tactician. “There is no doubt that Nigerians wanted the Super Eagles to win the Africa Cup of Nations and that has always been the desire of every country in Africa.

“But one thing we should always consider is the fact that every country are here to win the trophy and it’s unfortunate that Algeria won the AFCON trophy.

“For me, sacking Rohr won’t solve the problem of our football considering the fact that some top clubs in Europe with great coaches still don’t win the league, and it’s not because they are not good.

“Continue is key but the sacking of Rohr stops on the desk of the Nigeria Football Federation once they are not satisfied with his performance.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/07/sac ... -eguavoen/
Can't understand what he is saying or trying to say. :???: :???:
His point is that sacking Rohr does not mean Nigeria will win the AFCON because there are competitors that are just as well equipped as Nigeria. That is his key point and I believe the same. For me, there is only one argument that may justify the removal of Rohr but it isn't the results produced by his team. That argument is based on how the team plays on the field. Rohr is defensive, if we seek the team to play differently then Rohr is not the guy.
I doubt there is any country in Africa that has Nigeria's depth...

This was our nations cup to win but for ROHR'S tactics

As far as developing our infrastructure .. well we have won nations cups/ Olympics and all kinds of age grade chamopionships even with that bad infrastructure and I dont care how bad our infrastructure is .. we shouldn't be chopping two goals from Madagascar while failing to register any serious shot on goal

So yeah please we should fire him
AGREED...

…Nigeria is too big to humbly accept the bronze. The goal for Nigeria should be much higher. Which is not to say they should win all the time but Nigeria should always be mentioned seriously when the favorites are listed.
Bell
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Why is everyone refusing to acknowledge the elephant in the room?
Sack Rohr, what next?
Who next?

Its like saying get rid of your wife.
Meanwhile no replacement lined up but you want sex every day.

Na ashi you wan go hire?
Abi na the four ex-wives wey you don troway dem hand since? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

And we say NFF no get plan...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:Why is everyone refusing to acknowledge the elephant in the room?
Sack Rohr, what next?
Who next?

Na ashi you wan go hire?
Abi na the four ex-wives wey you don troway dem hand since? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

WRONG analogy.

You are one of the people that prefer to hold unto a (bad) mistake simply because you care about what people will say rather on rectifying the mistake.

The idea that we are a football minnow designed to set up defensively should be seen as an abomination and should be roundly condemned.

A Naijarian team losing to SA at HOME is an abomination.

Losing to Mada#$%^ingascar in football at any level while barely having a shot on goal should cause the people to be lashed, feathered and not take the team bus home.

What has Rohr won to keep his job?
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
txj
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by txj »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:Why is everyone refusing to acknowledge the elephant in the room?
Sack Rohr, what next?
Who next?

Na ashi you wan go hire?

WRONG analogy.

You are one of the people that prefer to hold unto a (bad) mistake simply because you care about what people will say rather on rectifying the mistake.

The idea that we are a football minnow designed to set up defensively should be seen as an abomination and should be roundly condemned.

A Naijarian team losing to SA at HOME is an abomination.

Losing to Mada#$%^ingascar in football at any level while barely having a shot on goal should cause the people to be lashed, feathered and not take the team bus home.

What has Rohr won to keep his job?

You really have to offer some semblance of intelligent rationale to justify your position rather than rote regurgitation of tired cliches!

Championships have been won on the basis of a defense-first approach, and more will be in the future!

The issue is not the defensive approach, but rather the inability, lack of willingness or flexibility to take advantage of what the game gives you....Brazil won the WC in 1994 with a defensive approach...

Yes we lost at home vs SA, but guess what, Rohr still qualified the team.

Yes we lost to Madagascar, but guess what, we had already qualified!

You have to offer a proper argument!

What happens next after we sack him?

What about the underlying issue of lack of productivity of the local league and youth teams?
Form is temporary; Class is Permanent!
Liverpool, European Champions 2005.

We watched this very boring video, 500 times, of Sacchi doing defensive drills, using sticks and without the ball, with Maldini, Baresi and Albertini. We used to think before then that if the other players are better, you have to lose. After that we learned anything is possible – you can beat better teams by using tactics." Jurgen Klopp
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Sacking him is part of the solution.
Or the start of new, or even worse problems...
You would consign the team to mediocrity just on the off-chance that the situation might become worse :?: :!:

Cheers.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
You would consign the team to mediocrity just on the off-chance that the situation might become worse :?: :!:

Cheers.
So I'm guessing taking 3rd is considered mediocre by you? Guess what, we've done that wayyyyy more than we've actually won, so it follows that repeat after me "WE ARE MEDIOCRE!!!!!". We didn't suddenly BECOME mediocre under Rohr, haba...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
TonyTheTigerKiller
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by TonyTheTigerKiller »

maceo4 wrote:
TonyTheTigerKiller wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Cheers.
So I'm guessing taking 3rd is considered mediocre by you? Guess what, we've done that wayyyyy more than we've actually won, so it follows that repeat after me "WE ARE MEDIOCRE!!!!!". We didn't suddenly BECOME mediocre under Rohr, haba...
Why do we need to pay a 66 year-old senior $50,000 a month to stay mediocre? Who else in the world would pay him that much just to maintain the status quo? What has Rohr achieved with Nigeria that we haven’t achieved many times over before his arrival? Keshi, despite all the bad-mouthing he endured, took us to the 2nd round of the World Cup and here you are, making excuses for Rohr who, with vastly superior resources, had no clue how to overcome a geriatric Argentina. We need to expand our horizons, not stay stuck in second gear :!:

Cheers.