Keanan Chidozie Bennett

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

soma
Egg
Egg
Keanan Chidozie Bennett

Post by soma »

Apparently he just left Tottenham to join Mönchengladbach. I watched him when he came on
Vs Chelsea today on the wings. He is one we should keep an eye on. He’s a solid player
In the mound of perisic.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Keanan Chidozie Bennett

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Is he Nigerian that’s ready to play or must we beg him to play? We have eyes on our players in top clubs already so tell him to call us at the Abuja nff office when he’s ready.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he Nigerian that’s ready to play or must we beg him to play? We have eyes on our players in top clubs already so tell him to call us at the Abuja nff office when he’s ready.
His brother Jayden was at the U20 FE camp in Abuja and Germany...
I understand he was also invited but was returning from injury and declined.
>
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
soma
Egg
Egg

Post by soma »

Gotti wrote:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:Is he Nigerian that’s ready to play or must we beg him to play? We have eyes on our players in top clubs already so tell him to call us at the Abuja nff office when he’s ready.
His brother Jayden was at the U20 FE camp in Abuja and Germany...
I understand he was also invited but was returning from injury and declined.
>

Watching him I saw a player that can definitely contribute to the super eagles. Being in the German league I hope Rohr keeps an eye on him.

3. Thomas Sankara
4. Patrice Lumumba
5. Robert Mugabe
6. Murmar "the Lion" Ghaddafi....
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

How come there are no YouTube videos on him
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

This na one of Pope's boys?
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
bayo
Egg
Egg

Post by bayo »

Keanan Bennett is an English player. He actually left Spurs last season (2018) for Borussia Mönchengladbach. He opted not to extend his contract with Spurs and moved to the youth team/B team of Gladbach. Reports claim he's left footed and can play up and down the left wing.
Veni, Vidi, Vici
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

bayo wrote:Keanan Bennett is an English player. He actually left Spurs last season (2018) for Borussia Mönchengladbach. He opted not to extend his contract with Spurs and moved to the youth team/B team of Gladbach. Reports claim he's left footed and can play up and down the left wing.
O pari. Shagalo this thread to world youth football forum.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

bayo wrote:Keanan Bennett is an English player. He actually left Spurs last season (2018) for Borussia Mönchengladbach. He opted not to extend his contract with Spurs and moved to the youth team/B team of Gladbach. Reports claim he's left footed and can play up and down the left wing.
Personally not necessarily campaigning for his switch, but...

Keanan is an "English" player in the same manner that Carl Ikeme, Olu Aina, Tom Dele-Bashiru and Nnamdi Oforboh are/were "English" players. As noted, his brother Jayden (Wartford FC) was in the U20 camp at Abuja and Germany (leading to the U20 AFCON and U20 WC).
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Gotti wrote:

Keanan is an "English" player in the same manner that Carl Ikeme, Olu Aina, Tom Dele-Bashiru and Nnamdi Oforboh are/were "English" players. As noted, his brother Jayden (Wartford FC) was in the U20 camp at Abuja and Germany (leading to the U20 AFCON and U20 WC).
THis players you listed have Nigerian fathers or both are nigerians. Keanan Bennett sounds like he's dad is English. Hopefully, if he's good, he should feel more NIgerian than English.
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

chief nfachairman wrote:THis players you listed have Nigerian fathers or both are nigerians. Keanan Bennett sounds like he's dad is English. Hopefully, if he's good, he should feel more NIgerian than English.
https://www.bundesliga.com/en/news/Bund ... 506713.jsp
Borussia Mönchengladbach have signed England youth international Keanan Bennetts from Tottenham Hotspur on a four-year deal.

The 19-year-old winger was born in London to a German mother and a Nigerian father, and represented Germany at U15 level before switching his allegiance to England. He has penned a deal with the Foals until 2022.

"Keanan can play a variety of attacking roles," enthused Gladbach sporting director Max Eberl. "He has played for Spurs in the Premier League 2 and the UEFA Youth League this season, and we back him to make the step up to the Bundesliga. We're delighted he's chosen to sign for Borussia."
Last edited by Gotti on Mon Aug 05, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Prince
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Prince »

Lolly wrote:This na one of Pope's boys?
Yes o....been following him since under 23 at Tottenham. Might even go to Germany to watch one of his game
Oya back to the matter
open and close
Gotti
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Gotti »

Meanwhile, more than five years ago (May 2014)...
https://www.skysports.com/football/news ... nd-nigeria
Keanan Bennetts being chased by England, Germany and Nigeria
By Pete O'Rourke - Follow me: @skysportspeteo
Last Updated: 27/05/14 5:23pm

The highly-rated teenager is being courted by Germany, England and Nigeria as they all look to secure his allegiance.

Bennetts is highly-regarded at Tottenham and his potential has alerted all three countries who want the 15-year-old to pledge his international allegiance to them.

The skilful forward has caught the eye for Tottenham during several youth tournaments and he helped Tottenham win the Riga Cup earlier this year, where he was named the tournament's MVP as well as being named in the team of the tournament.

Bennetts's form has also alerted a number of Premier League rivals and some German clubs, but Tottenham are lining up a scholarship deal to try and keep him at White Hart Lane

Bennetts qualifies for Germany through his mother and Nigeria through his father, while he was born and bred in England and the three countries are battling it out to convince him to play for their respective nations.

Bennetts is currently away training with Germany's Under 15s, but he has also received invites from England and Nigeria and the player's father, Richard Bennetts, has confirmed the youngster will not rush into a decision over his international future.

"Keanan got an invite from Germany first of all after one of their scouts saw him playing in a youth tournament for Tottenham," Bennetts Snr told Sky Sports.

"He is over there now with their Under 15s at a training camp and he has done well playing in two games against Holland after the final squad was cut down from a list of 130 players.

"We have also received invites from England and Nigeria to go train with them and we will do that in the future, but as Germany were first to make contact we thought it was right to give them first port of call.

"It is very flattering for Keanan to have three countries wanting him to play for them, but he will not rush any decision on his future.

"We will see what country offers him the best possibilities and wherever he feels most comfortable before deciding what country to play for."
#ENDSARS #BLM
#ENDPOLICEBRUTALITY

#FREESENEGAL
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

THis players you listed have Nigerian fathers or both are nigerians. Keanan Bennett sounds like he's dad is English. Hopefully, if he's good, he should feel more NIgerian than English.
:lol: His father is very Nigerian, runs a popular Naija joint on Old Kent Road. Mother is German. He actually brought two of his boys to watch one Nigerian match at Barnet Football ground about a year ago. I suspect at least one of the boys will play for Nigeria if they turn out to be good players.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

:lol: His father is very Nigerian, runs a popular Naija joint on Old Kent Road. Mother is German. He actually brought two of his boys to watch one Nigerian match at Barnet Football ground about a year ago. I suspect at least one of the boys will play for Nigeria if they turn out to be good players.
Presidential?
Le Joint?
805?
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Presidential?
Le Joint?
805?
Check ya PM

Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

Damunk wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Presidential?
Le Joint?
805?
404! :lol:
I am happy
chief nfachairman
Egg
Egg

Post by chief nfachairman »

Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

:thumbs:

But where igboman go get the Bennett surname from?
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Could be his father is the Englishman and his mum Nigerian.
Much like Danny Loader of Reading FC.
https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/foot ... r-16323981

Another one to watch. His mum is very much a SE fan but when I met him in Naija about 3 years ago and asked him his preference, he simply gave a shy smile. He was about 15, 16 at the time.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

I no know o. :lol: But I vaguely remember his older brother was called Bennett. Now it appears that was his surname.

Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Actually this is a trend in Nigeria itself. Check out the NPFL players for starters. Or Moses Simon, Reuben Gabriel, etc. Some people are also now using their first name (Christian/English names) as surnames to create 'new ancestral lineage.'
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

chief nfachairman wrote:
Lolly wrote:
chief nfachairman wrote:
Gotti wrote:

Kenneth Boardman nko?
I am happy
jette1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by jette1 »

so the same thing that happened to our local league follower-ship is about to happen to our national team if we continue all these nonsense. 50 years from now our entire national team would constitute English boys who cant even point Nigeria on the map.
make peaceful change impossible make violent change inevitable.

"It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. If the--if he--if 'is' means is and never has been, that is not--that is one thing. If it means there is none, that was a completely true statement....Now, if someone had asked me on that day, are you having any kind of sexual relations with Ms. Lewinsky, that is, asked me a question in the present tense, I would have said no. And it would have been completely true."