We want Siasia as our new SE coach

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: We want Siasia as our new SE coach

Post by ANC »

Dammy wrote:I have always been a fan of Siasia but the akunakuna that played a role in his selection for the Rio Olympics has put me off him. Remember he took Akpeyi as an overage player to the Olympics. He is too loyal to some players.

:shock: he's been around this long? Watch he becomes a goalie coach one day. Another Eguaveon.
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

ohenhen1 wrote:Here is what we should look for in the new coach.

1. Good man management skills.
2. Winning mentality
3. Creative offensive mind
4. Good defensive coach
5. Below 55
6. Willing to work with all of the national teams
7.. Good professional career as a player
8. Good at developing and working with young players.
9. 4 year contract with out clauses.
...And you believe someone out there with your listed CV will be interested in coming to Nigeria
to be rubbished at the first few bad outings of the SE, by a bunch of football ITKs?

What we need is a lesson in humility, patience, and a high dose of realism.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Coachito and Oliseh are two of Africa's best, fact!
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

jungle-jawara wrote:SS is a personal friend and I know he has Nigeria at hand, but tell me what he has done in football lately. To warrant the job, what is on his CV in the past two years? If it was Emmanuel you had called for, I would understand.
Why focus on only the last two years? Siasia has a body of work behind him. His teams know how to play ball, for sure! Having said that, we should not near any nigerian if our disgusting behaviour of treating them differently persists. Anyway, I'm sure the NFF would think twice after their experience with Oliseh. For those calling for Amuneke, given the way he quit Tanzania, I don't think he'll tolerate any shenenigans so we might as well get our labels ready..
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote:Siasia has been inactive for a while. I would prefer Siasia to handle the U20 and U23 teams. We need a young progressive coach. A coach that is creative offensively, but will not ignore the defense. A coach that is not too loyal to bad players. A coach that is not afraid to play young players.

My preference is a dutch coach that will preach total football. A coach that has winning mentality.

Or a Brazilian coach.

LOOKS LIKE YOU'RE GOING OFF-TRACK

The goal is to get a local and grow Nigerian football with him and his successors, not another short-term solution in a foreign coach, who would be paid a whole bunch and who would achieve little.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

PERSONALLY...

I'd settle for any of (in alphabetical disorder) Siasia, Oliseh, Finidi, Amunike, etc. Or better still, a well-structured consortium of some of these. Looks like Senegal and Algeria are on that path and are seeing the results.
Bell
Bell
Egg
Egg

Post by Bell »

ohenhen1 wrote:I still think Clearance Seedorf/ Kluivert would be a good hire. I like what they did with Cameroon. The problem was Cameroon is not as talented as Nigeria. Kluivert has also learn't from Van Gaal. I think they will use their recent experience with Cameroon to become better managers. Already have afcon coaching experience.
VAN GAAL AS IN...

...Aloysius van Gaal, the same man who stamped his reputation in the EPL with MUtd? Yeah, that's why many EPL coaches can't wait to bring him back. I'm sorry but I'm not a big believer in named coaches.
Bell
Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Schillachi »

I don tell una, we need to go beg Oliseh. He is the only one that has distinguished himself in recent times..
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:When last did Siasia coach? same Siasia that failed to qualify us on two occasions... una don start this nonsense again, we just never learn.
Total nonsense, I might add. I don't know what Bigpokey24's problem is. Perhaps he needs some dirty slaps to come back to his senses. Ah, forget it, he has no sense anyway.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:give him the job right now, we have 3 and a half years to get ready for Qatar..... let him fine tune our attack.... Pay him the same money they are paying the old man rohr...SSS is a young vibrant coach , with 2 olympic medals as a coach....

He will take us the the highest heights, he bleeds green white green, he is Nigerian. He knows all our players . He is well travelled .. He will deliver
Come, don't you have something else to do in your life? By the way, why are you still in/on this Forum? When are you going to leave us alone?
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Sir V wrote:If they sack Rohr today, no wahala for me, but will the next coach be better?
I have posed the same question to many who wants coach Rohr terminated and none of them has assured the next coach will match (not even beat) Rohr's achievement. If the new coach will NOT surpass coach Rohr's results, then why terminate Rohr?
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Odas wrote:
Sir V wrote:If they sack Rohr today, no wahala for me, but will the next coach be better?
I have posed the same question to many who wants coach Rohr terminated and none of them has assured the next coach will match (not even beat) Rohr's achievement. If the new coach will NOT surpass coach Rohr's results, then why terminate Rohr?
Rohr didn't even come close to Keshi's results, so spare us the false narratives....Keshi scored more goals at the world cup, had a better defense and offense at the Afcon and brought us the cup...wetin rohr bring us a freaking bronze we've been winning since 1976...abeg make we hear word
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
Rohr didn't even come close to Keshi's results, so spare us the false narratives....Keshi scored more goals at the world cup, had a better defense and offense at the Afcon and brought us the cup...wetin rohr bring us a freaking bronze we've been winning since 1976...abeg make we hear word
You keep avoiding the question which is: Who are you replacing Rohr with and can the person SURPASS coach Rohr's achievement?

Stop beating around with long and unnecessarily stories, just answer my question
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Bigpokey24 wrote:
Odas wrote:
They both scored the same amount of goals at the world cup.
Going by your logic, Keshi's team had a worse defense at the world cup compared to Rohr's team.
Last edited by Synopsis on Tue Jul 23, 2019 4:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
kalani JR
Egg
Egg

Post by kalani JR »

ohenhen1 wrote:Siasia has been inactive for a while. I would prefer Siasia to handle the U20 and U23 teams. We need a young progressive coach. A coach that is creative offensively, but will not ignore the defense. A coach that is not too loyal to bad players. A coach that is not afraid to play young players.

My preference is a dutch coach that will preach total football. A coach that has winning mentality.

Or a Brazilian coach.
Hiring a Dutch coach won't give us total football that will require structural change and decades of planning that will simply not happen. Likewise if we hire a Brazilian we won't start playing like the 1982 team.
Cmoke
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cmoke »

Bro,

With friends like you .......

Cmoke :D

jungle-jawara wrote:SS is a personal friend and I know he has Nigeria at hand, but tell me what he has done in football lately. To warrant the job, what is on his CV in the past two years? If it was Emmanuel you had called for, I would understand.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

CE has truly gone to the dogs. SIASIA? Kluivert? :rotf:
OCCUPY NFF!!
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:CE has truly gone to the dogs. SIASIA? Kluivert? :rotf:

You are crazy. :biggrin: but right
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

On paper, Cameroun has more Quality than us yet rohr defeated them and people are suggesting we hire a coach that rohr defeated. My only problem with these delusionals is them thinking Rohr or coaching is our problem
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

felarey wrote:
Why focus on only the last two years? Siasia has a body of work behind him. His teams know how to play ball, for sure! Having said that, we should not near any nigerian if our disgusting behaviour of treating them differently persists. Anyway, I'm sure the NFF would think twice after their experience with Oliseh. For those calling for Amuneke, given the way he quit Tanzania, I don't think he'll tolerate any shenenigans so we might as well get our labels ready..
I hope we have not conveniently forgotten that Siasia is not free from accusations of the usual suspicious activity.

Unless that no longer matters....
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

Damunk wrote:
felarey wrote:
I hope we have not conveniently forgotten that Siasia is not free from accusations of the usual suspicious activity.

Unless that no longer matters....
Thanks for reminding us.

If we have to replace Rohr, I will prefer we start with someone new and not go back to the likes of Siasia and Oliseh. But which LC out there is better than Rohr? Maybe force Rohr to have his possible successor work with him on a 2 year contract.
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

joao wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:Here is what we should look for in the new coach.

1. Good man management skills.
2. Winning mentality
3. Creative offensive mind
4. Good defensive coach
5. Below 55
6. Willing to work with all of the national teams
7.. Good professional career as a player
8. Good at developing and working with young players.
9. 4 year contract with out clauses.
...And you believe someone out there with your listed CV will be interested in coming to Nigeria
to be rubbished at the first few bad outings of the SE, by a bunch of football ITKs?

What we need is a lesson in humility, patience, and a high dose of realism.
KPOM!!
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8
Cristao II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Cristao II »

Bell wrote:PERSONALLY...

I'd settle for any of (in alphabetical disorder) Siasia, Oliseh, Finidi, Amunike, etc. Or better still, a well-structured consortium of some of these. Looks like Senegal and Algeria are on that path and are seeing the results.
Bell
Nigerians working together and accept one of them to take the glory ....

:rotf: :rotf:

Ain't going to happen.
"Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud have we become, and how blind."

Primary: Lenovo Y410p: i5-4200M | 2GB Nvidia GT755M | 16GB DDR3L | 1000GB SSD | N2230 | LG24MP76 - Windows 10 64-Bit
Secondary: Dell Inspirion 1545: Core2Duo | 4GB RAM | 320GB 5400RPM - Linux Mint Cinnamon
Tertiary: Lenovo Legion 5 Pro: Ryzen 7 5800H | 32GB DDR4 | 2000GB SSD | 8GB NVidia RTX3070 - Windows 11 Pro
HTC U11+ - Xiaomi Mi8