ROHR CAN STAY, BUT SHOULD GO - Solace Chukwu

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Schillachi
Eaglet
Eaglet
Rohr May Quit

Post by Schillachi »

Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr is expected to quit his role despite leading Nigeria to a third-place finish in this year's Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

The 66-year-old German was criticized by many over his ‘lack of tactical nous’ or, in other words, an ‘inability to read matches’ at the tournament.

According to ESPN, Rohr is uncertain if he wants to carry on as head coach of Nigeria.

“A lot of things have been going on but he has taken it all because he does not want to cause any controversy.

“But now, he is not sure if he will continue,” sources have told ESPN.

A meeting between Rohr and Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick, who appointed him in August 2016 will hold this week as part of that assessment.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/7/ ... -role.html
NIGERIAN BADBOY!
john12
Egg
Egg
Re: Rohr May Quit

Post by john12 »

A country that failed to qualify for 2 previous nations cup and presently have no superstars finally qualifies and get 3rd place position. The normal consensus is to build upon that 3rd place finish and also grow instead they’re arrogantly blaming their coach by delusionally forgetting their previous predicament upon hiring. In addition to it, the coach also met his “target” (semi final) anyway sha, na Siddon look mode. At this point, whatever we get, we should take and I dare anyone Blame NFF. This will be Nigeria press/Nigerians brainchild
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

You do not need superstars to win football matches otherwise....what’s the point? You need a team moulded together with the right message and direction.....Guess who said that?....Sir Alex Ferguson...

He was winning leagues with the likes of Djemba Djemba....

Winning CL with a striker that his national manager said needed 5 chances to score one goal....

This was in the era of Ronaldo...Rivaldo....Zidane....Vieira....Henry and co....

Algeria had a bench warmer in Mahrez....previously of Leicester City....
Senegal had Mane....EPL top scorer, current CL WINNER......

Remind me who AFCON Champions are.....
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

Those who don't take decisions never make mistakes."..........
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Nigeria would do well to keep Rohr but he has lost public support unfortunately...and that’s sad. He ain’t the perfect coach but he worked. And he was successful. Forcing out a coach like Rohr to get what exactly? What is a realistic target that a coach of Nigeria should hit that he hasn’t hit?

Staying without public support is not worth it. He has a good enough CV to find another good job. Nigeria’s loss
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote:You do not need superstars to win football matches otherwise....what’s the point? You need a team moulded together with the right message and direction.....Guess who said that?....Sir Alex Ferguson...

He was winning leagues with the likes of Djemba Djemba....

Winning CL with a striker that his national manager said needed 5 chances to score one goal....

This was in the era of Ronaldo...Rivaldo....Zidane....Vieira....Henry and co....

Algeria had a bench warmer in Mahrez....previously of Leicester City....
Senegal had Mane....EPL top scorer, current CL WINNER......

Remind me who AFCON Champions are.....

My guy, stop talking nonsense. You’re here about to say that Man U didn’t have stars when they won the champions league. No one is saying Rohr is Sir Alex, but guess what? Nigeria can not attract Sir Alex, and the conditions in Nigeria are not ripe for that kind of coach. I don’t know what you people think your team is. Delusion everywhere
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote:Nigeria would do well to keep Rohr but he has lost public support unfortunately...and that’s sad. He ain’t the perfect coach but he worked. And he was successful. Forcing out a coach like Rohr to get what exactly? What is a realistic target that a coach of Nigeria should hit that he hasn’t hit?

Staying without public support is not worth it. He has a good enough CV to find another good job. Nigeria’s loss

"a team that can play the way Nigerians want - offensive-minded, hard-working, using the wings properly and being tactically disciplined,"

That is the main target he needs to hit not 38% ball possession against South Africa.... what will you do against Brazil? Build a wall.... might as well make Trump the manager
The stupid neither forgive nor forget- the smart forgive- but never forget" -Thomas Szasz.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."
-Martin Luther King- Jr.

“Our Audacity to rise from our losses is what makes Nigerian the number one footballing nation in Africa - Stephen Keshi RIP

deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Enyi wrote:
deanotito wrote:Nigeria would do well to keep Rohr but he has lost public support unfortunately...and that’s sad. He ain’t the perfect coach but he worked. And he was successful. Forcing out a coach like Rohr to get what exactly? What is a realistic target that a coach of Nigeria should hit that he hasn’t hit?

"a team that can play the way Nigerians want - offensive-minded, hard-working, using the wings properly and being tactically disciplined,"

That is the main target he needs to hit not 38% ball possession against South Africa.... what will you do against Brazil? Build a wall.... might as well make Trump the manager
Hey...earlier I said stop talking “nonsense”. I apologize. That was unnecessary and out of line. I’m just trying to say that Rohr made a pragmatic choice with the quality of players he had. I generally, by and large, agree with the choice to make the team a counterattacking team. Would I have done it differently? Probably, but my differences are not so significant that they would necessitate his firing...ESPECIALLY since he has the RESULTS.

This is coming from someone who thought Siasia should have been retained...that the nations cup elimination was not his fault, and selfishly, I wanted to see that offensive soccer he was known for....so I like attacking football too....but all this talk sounds eerily similar to the talk in 98 before Troussier was fired. I remember my dad vehemently making the same points I am making on Rohr here. It makes no sense...my dad was right then, and I am right now.
Last edited by deanotito on Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Cannot wait for the Journey man to bounce...don't let the door hit you....chop my dollars and you gave me the worst defense in 35 years at the Afcon....
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

What makes me angry with Rohr is that during Qualifiers...SE plays great football no shackles...4-3-3....GREAT!!!!

We qualify.....he starts testing 5-4-1 (not 3-5-2 as ppl here think). 2yrs ago we played Algeria home and away...Mahrez (superstar extraordinaire - according to john12) couldn’t touch the ball.....

Tournament time....he had a field day...

That’s why I called him a coward.....reason he won’t change. Refresher course or not......

Btw.....you don’t send a good coach to a refresher coach....it’s like Arsenal instead of letting Wenger go sends him on s refresher course to Rb Leipzig....WTF

next Buhari will be going to a refresher course in No 10 Downing Street to stay for another 4 yrs

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Buhari and Rohr dey go refreshers
SuperEagles

Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Enyi wrote:What makes me angry with Rohr is that during Qualifiers...SE plays great football no shackles...4-3-3....GREAT!!!!

We qualify.....he starts testing 5-4-1 (not 3-5-2 as ppl here think). 2yrs ago we played Algeria home and away...Mahrez (superstar extraordinaire - according to john12) couldn’t touch the ball.....

That’s why I called him a coward.....reason he won’t change. Refresher course or not......

Btw.....you don’t send a good coach to a refresher coach....it’s like Arsenal instead of letting Wenger go sends him on s refresher course to Rb Leipzig....WTF

next Buhari will be going to a refresher course in No 10 Downing Street to stay for another 4 yrs
5-4-1?
People should be temporarily banned for posting nonfactual nonsense.
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

deanotito wrote:
Enyi wrote:

Hey...earlier I said stop talking “nonsense”. I apologize. That was unnecessary and out of line. I’m just trying to say that Rohr made a pragmatic choice with the quality of players he had. I generally, by and large, agree with the choice to make the team a counterattacking team. Would I have done it differently? Probably, but my differences are not so significant that they would necessitate his firing...ESPECIALLY since he has the RESULTS.

This is coming from someone who thought Siasia should have been retained...that the nations cup elimination was not his fault, and selfishly, I wanted to see that offensive soccer he was known for....so I like attacking football too....but all this talk sounds eerily similar to the talk in 98 before Troussier was fired. I remember my dad vehemently making the same points I am making on Rohr here. It makes no sense...my dad was right then, and I am right now.
Thanks for the apology...rare thing here...accepted but.....

Like I have said....

Rohr is a good Coach...but has his faults and they are major....he is afraid to lose, so he does not take chances and thus not progressive...

Do u remember the last team we played that Rohr agreed that we are favourites to beat? Nether do I and we have played Burundi, Guinea, Madagascar in that period....

Do you remember a game that we had more possession than the opponent in this AFCON? neither do Zi and we played Burundi, Guinea and Madagascar.....

This is the first time in a long time that we have an NFF that seems to have their head screwed on...We have a good bunch of players coming thru....

Don’t waste it on a guy that is afraid of every opponent he has faced till date (in tournaments)

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

The formation has always been the same but the difference was the alleged dumb “VICTOR MOSES” who was also booted out of SE now we’re missing him. Anyway like I said sha, whatever we get we deserve and I dare anyone blame NFf
Enyi
Egg
Egg

Post by Enyi »

Synopsis wrote:
Enyi wrote:What makes me angry with Rohr is that during Qualifiers...SE plays great football no shackles...4-3-3....GREAT!!!!

5-4-1?
People should be temporarily banned for posting nonfactual nonsense.
Non factual....let’s break it down...

...Shehu..Ekong...Balogun...Omeruo...Idowu

That’s a back 5 not 3.....

Moses played RWB for Chelsea all season...don’t play him there until panic time....
Idowu was poor as a WB....dropped Aina cod he was too offensive and failed to play Ebuehi

Midfield

Everyone else although mostly sq pegs in round holes then Ighalo up top.

5-3-2?

Ebuehi/Moses....3CB.....Aina/Ebuehi

Mikel/Etebo...Ndidi....Iwobi

Musa/Simy..Ighalo

Did he do that no...you cannot play 5CB and claim to be playing wingbacks....

-Martin Luther King- Jr.

theYemster
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by theYemster »

Schillachi wrote:Super Eagles head coach, Gernot Rohr is expected to quit his role despite leading Nigeria to a third-place finish in this year's Africa Cup of Nations in Egypt.

The 66-year-old German was criticized by many over his ‘lack of tactical nous’ or, in other words, an ‘inability to read matches’ at the tournament.

According to ESPN, Rohr is uncertain if he wants to carry on as head coach of Nigeria.

“A lot of things have been going on but he has taken it all because he does not want to cause any controversy.

“But now, he is not sure if he will continue,” sources have told ESPN.

A meeting between Rohr and Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) president Amaju Pinnick, who appointed him in August 2016 will hold this week as part of that assessment.

https://www.lindaikejisblog.com/2019/7/ ... -role.html
If he does quit, it'll likely have nothing to do with anything posted in the article and everything to do with the alleged offer from Morocco.
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

:evil: :twisted:
Yesssss... . quite Rohr.... u are not the sharpest knife in da tool box.. ..

1. u have team selection problems
2. u have in-game substitution problems
3. u have defensive problems
4. u have tactical problems
5. u have low aim problems
6. u have in-game adaptive technical problems
7. u have team motivational problems
=======================================
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen:
Last edited by kash n' karry on Tue Jul 23, 2019 2:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
Yesssss... . quite Rohr.... u are not the sharpest knife in da tool box
1. u have selection problems
2. u have substitution problems
Aaaaaaaggghhh gaaaddammmnnn ittt !! wherez my Heineken + big wet bubble booty chics? :mrgreen:
You have mental issues.
OCCUPY NFF!!
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

Enyi wrote:

You mean offensive minded hard working football like we played in the past and won all those titles? Dude, we've won 3 ANCs in 59 years since independence. This successful offensive minded Nigerian style of football you all talk about is concucted bullshait laced with severe delusion.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
kash n' karry
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by kash n' karry »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
kash n' karry wrote::evil: :twisted:
Yesssss... . quite Rohr.... u are not the sharpest knife in da tool box
1. u have selection problems
2. u have substitution problems
You have mental issues.
:evil: :twisted:
I am attacking our public team's coaching pedigree and not even his personality
Kongi da he-goat.. . u are attacking me personally?.... U are a mentally deranged weirdo who can't
handle being told da truth even it smacks u dead in da middle of your face like a hot amala !! :clap:
====================================
Chance favors da prepared mind. ALWAYS !!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

:rotf: hot amala
SuperEagles

Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

To me, the coach has done very well. In every thing in life, what matters is the end result. This coach has attained many GOOD results, some of which we were doubtful at the beginning. If Rohr goes, we will be back to our olden ways and could be worst off.
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Delusional people like this Enyi character who only watch football from an Epl perspective will lead us to football doom. Some of the points he's making is just plain dumb. Mahrez a benchwarmer beats Sane a starter.wtf! :shock: Are we now running our national teams based on Epl rotations? :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Bro,

Please, next time, dont post a story from Linda Ikeji blog. That is simply ridiculous for you to do so. In fact, since the original source is ESPN, you should have gone to ESPN to seek the original story and post that.

I am a man and I am too old to be reading Linda Ikeji blog. Please, dont do it again. Thanks.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?