Top Things Rohr did well

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet
Top Things Rohr did well

Post by ANC »

Ebuehi, :thumb:
Balogon
Troost
Collins
Stability :thumb:
AFCON Qualification?
World Cup Qualification. ?

Definitely he had his good qualities.
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Top Things Rohr did well

Post by felarey »

Managed goalkeeping crisis well leading to the WC.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

You must be drunk.

Qualified for the wc with ease
Qualified for AFCON after 2 consecutive DNQ with ease
Most drama free SE in our lifetime
Improved team defense
Uzoho - went from div 2 to wc goalie in 6 months and did very well at the wc until they hated of the team.
Chukweze - Started him from jump.
Interest in our players has gone way up.
Has groomed the young generation for the future.
Owed salary but didn't complain
No more unexcused late arrivals to camp
No more open camps and discovering talent in camp a week before the game like SIASIA
No hey- you. Memba them?
No bribery allegations
Kept NFF technical stealing comittee in check.

That's just an appetizer of his accomplishments. :roll:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

I won't lie Rohr did discover some real gems for us... hate him or not, we've got to admit Nigerian football enjoyed the most drama free and stable atmosphere under him... I don't agree with his football philosophy, and want him to go on a high note with his pride intact...but how are we sure the next "Klopp" or "Pep guardiola" type coach we employ won't come in with a bag of ego, and ruin what seems to be a good foundation? hmmm....
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Tobi17 wrote:I won't lie Rohr did discover some real gems for us... hate him or not, we've got to admit Nigerian football enjoyed the most drama free and stable atmosphere under him... I don't agree with his football philosophy, and want him to go on a high note with his pride intact...but how are we sure the next "Klopp" or "Pep guardiola" type coach we employ won't come in with a bag of ego, and ruin what seems to be a good foundation? hmmm....

:clap:
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:I won't lie Rohr did discover some real gems for us... hate him or not, we've got to admit Nigerian football enjoyed the most drama free and stable atmosphere under him... I don't agree with his football philosophy, and want him to go on a high note with his pride intact...but how are we sure the next "Klopp" or "Pep guardiola" type coach we employ won't come in with a bag of ego, and ruin what seems to be a good foundation? hmmm....
Typical Nigerian. You want him to go even though you think he did well and built a strong foundation all because you don't like his football philosophy. There's no klopp or Guardiola coming to Africa anytime soon, you have to build and continue to build until you get the product you want. Success is not for sale. You cannot buy a good national team, its only built!

Btw, klopp and Guardiola are coaches who can get any player they want, so far they've shown no interest in a mf of Etebo/Ndidi and I'm sure klopp doesn't want Akpeyi at Liverpool. That's what ROHR has to work with, not the glamorous names at Liverpool at city.
OCCUPY NFF!!
Tobi17
Egg
Egg

Post by Tobi17 »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Typical Nigerian. You want him to go even though you think he did well and built a strong foundation all because you don't like his football philosophy. There's no klopp or Guardiola coming to Africa anytime soon, you have to build and continue to build until you get the product you want. Success is not for sale. You cannot buy a good national team, its only built!

Btw, klopp and Guardiola are coaches who can get any player they want, so far they've shown no interest in a mf of Etebo/Ndidi and I'm sure klopp doesn't want Akpeyi at Liverpool. That's what ROHR has to work with, not the glamorous names at Liverpool at city.
Baba me I no know again ooo,a part of me wants Rohr to stay cause he can only improve on his flaws while providing that stability and growth. I just want the best for my SE, I guess I'll just sit on the fence on these one
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Tobi17 wrote:

Baba me I no know again ooo,a part of me wants Rohr to stay cause he can only improve on his flaws while providing that stability and growth. I just want the best for my SE, I guess I'll just sit on the fence on these one
I hear ya. We just have to think logically and make calculated decisions instead of shooting from the hip and hoping for the best. Retaining ROHR is a low risk high reward option; we know that Rohr's team is a top 5 team in Africa as proven at the just concluded AFCON and the wc qualifiers, he also has a pool of young talent coming up that should make the team better. If allowed to continue there's a higher probability that he'll get it right and maybe strike gold, if not he should qualify for the wc and AFCON based on talent available and past results. Low risk high reward.

We could also hire a new coach and hope he gets it right in less than a year. He might and might not, very likely that he will struggle in the first few competitive games before he gets it right. High risk, high rewards. The likelyhood of him costing us a wc ticket is much higher than Rohr's because he will be under intense pressure with the team during the early stages of qualification. That's assuming we've missed a few payments and he's ok with it. I doubt klopp will go unpaid for 3 months.
OCCUPY NFF!!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

ignored ebuehi and picked shehu at WC
ignored onyekuru while Musa was playing crap all game
celebrated Bronze like Nigeria has never won the cup before
took junk Ogu to nations cup and ignored inform Semi Ajayi
He is OLD and stuck on daft
lost to Madagascar and said it should be the new norm
converted victor moses to a wingback/ moses quit the SE soon after
clueless during games and waits for something to happen

How Nigerians think keeping rohr is low risks just shows lack of ambition. The SE beat Algeria a few years ago, they fired that coach and the NEW coach wins the nations cup for them. The blind can see that rohr cannot make the SE great. #Rohrout #pinnickout
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

rohr must go, he did nothing ...we never improved since 2013 AFCON and 2014 WC.. instead we got knocked out in the 1st round lost 2ce at AFCON , worst defense at AFCON ever
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

wow less than a page?
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Improved team defense
He did???????? How?????????
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

ANC wrote:
... it certainly was free of wahalas :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Odas
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Odas »

Tobi17 wrote:

As you no no, dat's ok. No worri yoursef. Coach Rohr go stay. He go cooch awa teem for few more years, dat's all :clap: :clap: :clap:

Honestly, I am NOT for, or AGAINST coach Rohr staying, but whoever comes to replace him better SURPASS coach Rohr's achievements
And the BIBLE says: The race is NOT for the swift, neither is the battle for the strong nor ... but time and chance makes them all.
Ecclesiastes 1:18: For in much wisdom is much grief and he that increases knowledge increases sorrow.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense
We're more organized. The goals we concede aren't against the run of play. A great majority are due to own goals and mistakes from free kicks. Teams find it hard to break us down because of our defensive discipline.
Undertaker
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Undertaker »

Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense
We're more organized. The goals we concede aren't against the run of play. A great majority are due to own goals and mistakes from free kicks. Teams find it hard to break us down because of our defensive discipline.

But Madagascar,Cameroon and Algeria found it very easy to break us...... two goals each.... what defensive discipline?
I SEE DEAD PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Undertaker wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense

But Madagascar,Cameroon and Algeria found it very easy to break us...... two goals each.... what defensive discipline?
Cameroon was the only team that did.
Algeria's scored via own goal and a free kick. Against Madagascar, we conceded thanks to Balogun not thinking well and a deflection off a free kick.
Last edited by Synopsis on Wed Jul 24, 2019 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Undertaker wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense

Please be serious.
How did Algeria or Madagascar ''find it very easy'' for God's sake?
Kindly explain what was "very easy" about it.

Lets at least have an honest discussion once in a while.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense

Algeria's scored via own goal and a free kick. Against Madagascar, we conceded thanks to Balogun not thinking well and a deflection on a free kick.
If Nigeria had scored those goals to win games you can be certain that we won't hear the last of how "lucky' we were to score. :roll:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Damunk wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Undertaker wrote:
Improved team defense

Algeria's scored via own goal and a free kick. Against Madagascar, we conceded thanks to Balogun not thinking well and a deflection on a free kick.
If Nigeria had scored those goals to win games you can be certain that we won't hear the last of how "lucky' we were to score. :roll:
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

7 goals let in ... the so called organized defense :lol: :lol: :lol:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
wiseone
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wiseone »

Hi biggest achievement has been unearthing dual national citizens and convincing them to play for the national team. I doubt most of the dual nationals would have agreed to play for Nigeria without him.
ANC wrote:Ebuehi, :thumb:
Balogon
Troost
Collins
AFCON Qualification?

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wiseone wrote:Hi biggest achievement has been unearthing dual national citizens and convincing them to play for the national team. I doubt most of the dual nationals would have agreed to play for Nigeria without him.
ANC wrote:Ebuehi, :thumb:
Balogon
Troost
Collins
AFCON Qualification?

Quick correction, Balogun was brought in by Keshi (RIP), thats all, make una carry on lol...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!