Jamiliu Collins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Jamiliu Collins

Post by Damunk »

The YeyeMan wrote:
Damunk wrote:
airwolex wrote:Aina is a baller. Smooth and quick but his versatility might be a hindrance instead of a positive. He needs to switch to right back and stay there imho.

Great player though, that assist to Iwobi was out of this world. Thank God Rohr doesn't listen to the likes of Kongi who dislikes UK ballers like him, V Moses and Iwobi. There are many more ballers in Lonon coming through. Mandems! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Moreover (and unfortunately for the born haters of everything UK), English football seems to be going through a renaissance.
It is no coincidence that they are winning or getting to the final stages of all global tournaments across age groups and gender.

What comes with that is the fact that Nigerian youths will continue to emerge in large numbers simply because of the sheer population of Nigerians in the UK (probably more than in almost any other country outside Naija), the football culture in the UK (as opposed to say, the US) and the advanced infrastructure there. Add to that their growing realisation that not every gifted British-born Nigerian will get to play for the England senior team. It might not be they're not good enough to play top-level international football. It's just that there are too many of them to fit into England.
If they don't get it yet, they soon will.

The only other country that can (or should) compete with the number of emerging talent should be Nigeria itself. But with the poor grassroots development of the game, the lack of resources and the corrupt system in its various forms it means that the UK is going to play an increasing role in providing talent for the Super Eagles.
People are going to have to get used to it. :idea:
Kongi cried when he read this.
He should 'sorry'.

There are just too many talented Naija kids coming through and benefitting from a structured development program for them to be ignored.

We are not even talking about those coming through in Europe and even the USA.
My theory though is that those born in Europe might have less of a connect with Nigeria probably for obscure reasons like language and relatively limited exposure to the Nigerian culture.
The American-borns seem to imbibe the American identity wholeheartedly and for them Nigeria is simply family history. I might be wrong there but I get that impression.

The UK is totally different. The Nigerian identity today is Swag Inc - the culture is on full display everywhere and the kids have every reason to embrace it. My daughter told me some years ago, "its just so cool being different". I get knowing looks whenever I'm out in my Naija Nike hat.

This flood of football talent aint slowing down any time soon...
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "