Jamiliu Collins

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

oscar52
Egg
Egg
Jamiliu Collins

Post by oscar52 »

Does he own that left back spot? In the two games he played in against South Africa and Algeria, it seems his area was porous but more importantly his side just seem to lack any offense whatsoever. He is miles ahead of Idowu but I felt the defense seem more mobile and fluid with Aina and Awazien than with Collins and Awazien. The way Mahrez was also uselessing him made the whole defense look incompetent, its like he has not nailed down the right technique to play the position at a high level if Mahrez can just exploit him so. I know he is coming off injury but those two games did not convince me he owns the LB spot yet. He seems on par with Shehu, a guy who is not suited to the RB spot.
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet
Re: Jamiliu Collins

Post by maceo4 »

Mahrez does that to everybody, abi you missed what the CAM winger did to Aina that got him dropped...Collins to me did well there as did Aina but it’s better to have a lefty there.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

Poorus?? It’s obvious you don’t know football or something is wrong with your eyes
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Needs more experience.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

oscar52 wrote:Does he own that left back spot? In the two games he played in against South Africa and Algeria, it seems his area was porous but more importantly his side just seem to lack any offense whatsoever. He is miles ahead of Idowu but I felt the defense seem more mobile and fluid with Aina and Awazien than with Collins and Awazien. The way Mahrez was also uselessing him made the whole defense look incompetent, its like he has not nailed down the right technique to play the position at a high level if Mahrez can just exploit him so. I know he is coming off injury but those two games did not convince me he owns the LB spot yet. He seems on par with Shehu, a guy who is not suited to the RB spot.

Aina was far better at that position in this tournament than he was. He played against Algeria the same way Aina played against them during during the WC qualifier last year ...always on his heels. Based on their performances in this tournament, there is no way I would start him ahead of Aina. The good news is they are both young and capable, but Aina is currently ahead of him.
Last edited by 1naija on Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Aina was better. Initially I thought it was just nerves since he hadn't been playing. Which then brings the question, why did rohr replace Aina for him, since Rohr seems like a man resistant to change.
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Collins didn't give the South Africans any room to operate. He deserves to be the #1 LB.
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

maceo4 wrote:Mahrez does that to everybody, abi you missed what the CAM winger did to Aina that got him dropped...Collins to me did well there as did Aina but it’s better to have a lefty there.
Well said. He actually did well to send Mahrez to his weak side and then deflect the ball. It was bad luck that it went in.
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

airwolex wrote:
maceo4 wrote:Mahrez does that to everybody, abi you missed what the CAM winger did to Aina that got him dropped...Collins to me did well there as did Aina but it’s better to have a lefty there.
Well said. He actually did well to send Mahrez to his weak side and then deflect the ball. It was bad luck that it went in.
KPOM, if Ekong had not deflected that ball into the net, no one will remember that move. He's better than Aina. I don't even know if Aina is a defender or a winger, his style of play is so unorthodox.
I am happy
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Dammy wrote:
airwolex wrote:
KPOM, if Ekong had not deflected that ball into the net, no one will remember that move. He's better than Aina. I don't even know if Aina is a defender or a winger, his style of play is so unorthodox.
Actually the ball hit collins, then Ekong and APkeyi was all over the place
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ANC wrote:Aina was better. Initially I thought it was just nerves since he hadn't been playing. Which then brings the question, why did rohr replace Aina for him, since Rohr seems like a man resistant to change.
For once, I agree with you.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

Play Collins on the left, Aina on the right. Awazeim should not be starting as a RB. If Ebuehi is able to recover and get back to full fitness then either Ebuehi or Aina should start on the right.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote:
ANC wrote:Aina was better. Initially I thought it was just nerves since he hadn't been playing. Which then brings the question, why did rohr replace Aina for him, since Rohr seems like a man resistant to change.

I have always had the feeling that you and I don't see "I" to "I". Not surprising since you are Canadian, the same people that ruined my life. :curse:
1naija
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by 1naija »

olu wrote:Play Collins on the left, Aina on the right. Awazeim should not be starting as a RB. If Ebuehi is able to recover and get back to full fitness then either Ebuehi or Aina should start on the right.
So let me get this right. We are saying Aina was better on the left than Collins was. Nobody complained about Awaiziem's performance in the tournament, but you want us to move Aina to a position where no one complained about and keep Collins who we all say performed less than Aina. After now, you go yell at Rohr.
The Lord is my Shepherd. I shall not be in want.
olu
Egg
Egg

Post by olu »

I'm ok with Aina playing over Collins on the left, however, I will still take Aina and a fit Ebuehi over Awazeim on the right.
1naija wrote:
olu wrote:Play Collins on the left, Aina on the right. Awazeim should not be starting as a RB. If Ebuehi is able to recover and get back to full fitness then either Ebuehi or Aina should start on the right.
So let me get this right. We are saying Aina was better on the left than Collins was. Nobody complained about Awaiziem's performance in the tournament, but you want us to move Aina to a position where no one complained about and keep Collins who we all say performed less than Aina. After now, you go yell at Rohr.
ohsee
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ohsee »

ANC wrote:
ohsee wrote:

I have always had the feeling that you and I don't see "I" to "I". Not surprising since you are Canadian, the same people that ruined my life. :curse:
:lol:
Aha! Now I know what is wrong with you. You tried a four one nine ojoro with Canadians, but we are too clever for you. :thumbs:

Please gist the forum what we Canadians did to you, so we know what to look out for. Did we send you with immediate effect to The Big House? :thumb: Did Big Bubba make you his bumboy? :D :taunt:

Chief, I'm just playing with you. You are one of my best harassers on this forum, always there to make my life difficult. :D :taunt:
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

ohsee wrote:
ANC wrote:
ohsee wrote:

:lol:
Aha! Now I know what is wrong with you. You tried a four one nine ojoro with Canadians, but we are too clever for you. :thumbs:

Please gist the forum what we Canadians did to you, so we know what to look out for. Did we send you with immediate effect to The Big House? :thumb: Did Big Bubba make you his bumboy? :D :taunt:

Chief, I'm just playing with you. You are one of my best harassers on this forum, always there to make my life difficult. :D :taunt:

you are the uncle i bow to on CE
Last edited by ANC on Fri Jul 26, 2019 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lolly
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Lolly »

People forget Collins was coming back from illness/injury and would have been a bit rusty compared to his teammates who had been training hard and played a few hard games.

Let's see how he plays in his first season in the Bundesliga
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."
airwolex
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by airwolex »

Aina is a baller. Smooth and quick but his versatility might be a hindrance instead of a positive. He needs to switch to right back and stay there imho.

Great player though, that assist to Iwobi was out of this world. Thank God Rohr doesn't listen to the likes of Kongi who dislikes UK ballers like him, V Moses and Iwobi. There are many more ballers in Lonon coming through. Mandems! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

airwolex wrote:Aina is a baller. Smooth and quick but his versatility might be a hindrance instead of a positive. He needs to switch to right back and stay there imho.

Great player though, that assist to Iwobi was out of this world. Thank God Rohr doesn't listen to the likes of Kongi who dislikes UK ballers like him, V Moses and Iwobi. There are many more ballers in Lonon coming through. Mandems! :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:
Moreover (and unfortunately for the born haters of everything UK), English football seems to be going through a renaissance.
It is no coincidence that they are winning or getting to the final stages of all global tournaments across age groups and gender.

What comes with that is the fact that Nigerian youths will continue to emerge in large numbers simply because of the sheer population of Nigerians in the UK (probably more than in almost any other country outside Naija), the football culture in the UK (as opposed to say, the US) and the advanced infrastructure there. Add to that their growing realisation that not every gifted British-born Nigerian will get to play for the England senior team. It might not be they're not good enough to play top-level international football. It's just that there are too many of them to fit into England.
If they don't get it yet, they soon will.

The only other country that can (or should) compete with the number of emerging talent should be Nigeria itself. But with the poor grassroots development of the game, the lack of resources and the corrupt system in its various forms it means that the UK is going to play an increasing role in providing talent for the Super Eagles.
People are going to have to get used to it. :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

airwolex wrote:Aina is a baller. Smooth and quick but his versatility might be a hindrance instead of a positive. He needs to switch to right back and stay there imho.

couldnt have said it better. His central defensive coverage is something to behold too. I would hate to see this guy benched again.
ANC
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by ANC »

Lolly wrote:People forget Collins was coming back from illness/injury and would have been a bit rusty compared to his teammates who had been training hard and played a few hard games.

Let's see how he plays in his first season in the Bundesliga

We considered that too.
The YeyeMan
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by The YeyeMan »

Damunk wrote:

Moreover (and unfortunately for the born haters of everything UK), English football seems to be going through a renaissance.
It is no coincidence that they are winning or getting to the final stages of all global tournaments across age groups and gender.

What comes with that is the fact that Nigerian youths will continue to emerge in large numbers simply because of the sheer population of Nigerians in the UK (probably more than in almost any other country outside Naija), the football culture in the UK (as opposed to say, the US) and the advanced infrastructure there. Add to that their growing realisation that not every gifted British-born Nigerian will get to play for the England senior team. It might not be they're not good enough to play top-level international football. It's just that there are too many of them to fit into England.
If they don't get it yet, they soon will.

The only other country that can (or should) compete with the number of emerging talent should be Nigeria itself. But with the poor grassroots development of the game, the lack of resources and the corrupt system in its various forms it means that the UK is going to play an increasing role in providing talent for the Super Eagles.
People are going to have to get used to it. :idea:
Kongi cried when he read this.
danfo driver quotes:
"Great! Now it begins." - Jan 25, 2024
-
Cellular quotes:
"The Yeyeman is hardly ever vulgar when dealing with anyone. " - Mar 23, 2018
"Thank God na oyibo be coach." - Nov 16, 2017
"I will take Trump over Clinton but I am in the minority." - Jul 19, 2016

© The YeyeMan 2024
This post is provided AS IS with no warranties and confers no rights.
It is not authorised by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use. All rights reserved.