Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by Goalgetter »

Last edited by Goalgetter on Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg
Re: Rhor shows of his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by Goalgetter »

Rhor is a real impediment to that team.. you can take that to the bank. The guy is not a winner, hence he is very satisfied with mediocrity. The conflict lies in the fact the Nigerians know what winning Afcon feels like and will not settle. Clearly Rhor is tailor made for smaller footballing nations like Niger etc..this is not a coach for Nigeria! If you can’t see this clearly, something is wrong.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg
Re: Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by Synopsis »

Since when is 3rd place mediocrity?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

Synopsis wrote:Since when is 3rd place mediocrity?

Check this out!

"Saying that I wanted to win the AFCON from the start was sending a signal to my players. I wanted to get them in the right mindset"~Belmadi

"To say we have to win AFCON is not my philosophy because we have a young team. We can reach last 4, which is already a good result"~Rohr
EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA »

Goalgetter wrote:

Is that called showing off in your village? We call it taking a picture in the civilized world. :thumb:
OCCUPY NFF!!
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

If you have won the Afcon before, third place becomes mediocrity, especially if you have what it takes to win it all. If you can’t see that Rhor is an impediment to that team, good luck with life in general. All his utterances dating back to the World Cup actually do reflect his mindset. One actually thought he was just playing games when he says “ we are here to learn.” No he means it. That’s exactly what he tells his players.
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

EMIR KONGI JAFFI JOFFA wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:

Is that called showing off in your village? We call it taking a picture in the civilized world. :thumb:
I don’t recall any other former Nigerian coach parading their bronze medal like that. Amodu, CCC, Eguavoen. They were not happy to come home with Bronze.
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

"Saying that I wanted to win the AFCON from the start was sending a signal to my players. I wanted to get them in the right mindset"~Belmadi

"To say we have to win AFCON is not my philosophy because we have a young team. We can reach last 4, which is already a good result"~Rohr
For added emphasis! :clap: :clap: :clap:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
----------------------------------------------------------------
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Goalgetter wrote:
If you have won the Afcon before, third place becomes mediocrity, especially if you have what it takes to win it all. If you can’t see that Rhor is an impediment to that team, good luck with life in general. All his utterances dating back to the World Cup actually do reflect his mindset. One actually thought he was just playing games when he says “ we are here to learn.” No he means it. That’s exactly what he tells his players.
Because you were inside the dressing room when he told them, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
mcal
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by mcal »

Goalgetter wrote:Rhor is a real impediment to that team.. you can take that to the bank. The guy is not a winner, hence he is very satisfied with mediocrity. The conflict lies in the fact the Nigerians know what winning Afcon feels like and will not settle. Clearly Rhor is tailor made for smaller footballing nations like Niger etc..this is not a coach for Nigeria! If you can’t see this clearly, something is wrong.
...no, I'll take it to the market, public square.
A mediocre calling another 'satisfied with mediocrity'.
If you wanna win, then be professional thru and thru, not some half baked.
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

I guess Uncle Damunk missed the above.

Rohr philosophy is what Yoruba call Kpele, Kpele
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:
Because you were inside the dressing room when he told them, abi? :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Actually, you can see it in the way the team plays.... Maybe should have gone to Specsavers :taunt:
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Dammy
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Dammy »

The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
I am happy
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Look at this loser!

This is Nigeria, its Gold or fooking nothing! You think this is Arsenal or Tottenham? :roll:
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
The man has being coaching in Africa and has nothing to show for it. Now, he has won something are you saying he should not show off?
Orion
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Orion »

Goalgetter wrote:Rhor is a real impediment to that team.. you can take that to the bank. The guy is not a winner, hence he is very satisfied with mediocrity. The conflict lies in the fact the Nigerians know what winning Afcon feels like and will not settle. Clearly Rhor is tailor made for smaller footballing nations like Niger etc..this is not a coach for Nigeria! If you can’t see this clearly, something is wrong.
You want better and that's understandable. Who doesn't want better? But our record in the last 24 years shows we've won the cup only once and reached the final only twice. So you want a guy to equal something we've only done ONCE in 24 years or he should be fired? And this was his first attempt as SE coach, not the 2nd like Amodu or Keshi (who was there in 2002 with Amodu). The AFCON comes every two years. Unless we can find someone with more experience than Rohr, I would keep him for the next one (and the 2022 WC), and if he can't better his current results then he goes.
"I Think, Therefore I am" - Rene Descartes
slyk
Egg
Egg

Post by slyk »

The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
Nigeria celebrating bronze is nothing new.

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

slyk wrote:The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
deanotito
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by deanotito »

Damunk wrote:
slyk wrote:The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
Honestly, I think these guys are delusional. They're obviously talking about a different country. I want to win too. But to think that Nigeria is so far above the rest of the competition that IT MUST win is not supported by any facts....not by player quality, FIFA ranking...nothing.
If purge dey worry you, you no dey select toilet
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Honestly, I think these guys are delusional. They're obviously talking about a different country. I want to win too. But to think that Nigeria is so far above the rest of the competition that IT MUST win is not supported by any facts....not by player quality, FIFA ranking...nothing.
Deantito, its all projection.
By repeating the lie that you are a 'WOWO' with "low ambition" they make themselves feel better about themselves.

You know they say the man that is constantly disrespected at work is the one that is forever slapping and beating his wife at home. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

The funny thing is, if 3rd place is mediocre then it follows that SE is mediocre since we have the most third places of any team and have taken third way more times than we've actually won. So in fact we are extremely mediocre, Rohr is just continuing the trend...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
9jaMan
Egg
Egg

Post by 9jaMan »

Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Fire this clown coach before he turns Nigeria to Niger Republic