Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle
Re: Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:All of you talking please show the gold medal you have won on any level and lets see what you have achieved. Only an angel* will try to take away what some one has done. its none of you are into sports and know anything about sports but to run ya mouth on the internet.Damn ewus!!!
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
The man has being coaching in Africa and has nothing to show for it. Now, he has won something are you saying he should not show off?
:lol: :lol: :lol: But he should.

Did it with a team that typically wins Bronze anyways.

And got the natives applauding to boot.
I guess we should join him in celebrating? :clap: :clap:
As a father, which approach would you adopt towards your second son that has won third prize in the State Literary & Debating Contest.

1. Congratulate him. Celebrate with him. Tell him he can do even better next time "if he can try this, this and this".
2. Ask him "do the winners have two heads?" Tell him there is nothing to celebrate; after all his senior brother now in University won the gold three years before.
3. Flog him and disown him. "Nonsense".

The point being, what is there to gain by continuously maligning the coach who looks likely to be retained and, for all you know, the professional players have utmost faith in? :idea:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
Maybe they should play like our Cameroonian neighbors.

"Take no prisoners!"

[/video]

"Show extreme passion!"

[/video]

"Never back down!"

[/video]

"And don't spare the ref!"

[/video]

We will never lose a game again.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It seems the conversation is being turned to comedy.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Damunk wrote:
As a father, which approach would you adopt towards your second son that has won third prize in the State Literary & Debating Contest.

1. Congratulate him. Celebrate with him. Tell him he can do even better next time "if he can try this, this and this".
2. Ask him "do the winners have two heads?" Tell him there is nothing to celebrate; after all his senior brother now in University won the gold three years before.

The point being, what is there to gain by continuously maligning the coach who looks likely to be retained and, for all you know, the professional players have utmost faith in? :idea:
How did you come to this conclusion? Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
omey2k4 wrote:All of you talking please show the gold medal you have won on any level and lets see what you have achieved. Only an angel* will try to take away what some one has done. its none of you are into sports and know anything about sports but to run ya mouth on the internet.Damn ewus!!!
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
The man has being coaching in Africa and has nothing to show for it. Now, he has won something are you saying he should not show off?

The analogy doesn't hold water. But I will humor you.

My kids will NEVER be encouraged to be mediocre. Not after I have paid good money to give them the best opportunity to compete with the best.

I will NEVER put them in an environment where they are encouraged to be mediocre (average).

The world is what it is... not how we wish it to be.

And unless they are lacking in capability and ability, I will DEMAND they excel. They can hate me later.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

I've said it before, and I'll keep repeating it:
Nigeria's record at AFCON condemns Nigeria to celebrate only title wins at AFCON

Any coach who portrays otherwise lacks the requisite ambition to coach Nigeria. Period.

For some of us who have followed Nigerian football long enough, 2 fairly recent incidents are instructive:

...2009, OT International J'Burg SAfrica...the arrivals lounge was teeming with SAfrican soccer fans bedecked in Bafana colours singing & dancing...
I asked a fellow passenger (Kenyan) the reason for the ruckus...He explained that the SAfrican U-20 side was being welcomed home for making the R16 at the U-20 WCup in Egypt...
He grinned at the amazement on my face. "Not every country is Nigeria, my friend", the man said. "For SAfrica, R16 at the U-20 WCup is a big deal"...
Damn, right. Nigeria also made R16 at the same tournament; despite the usual problems (especially last minute engagement of Siasia as coach)
My Kenyan pal had heard about the news from Nigeria of the damning post-mortem on the team...No way there would be any celebration in Abuja or Lagos, for exiting that tournament at the R16...

2 countries...2 contrasting ambitions in football...

2013 AFCON QF...NIG V CIV...
The story is still fresh...Nigeria was the clear under-dog...During the lead-up to the tie, Keshi told his players they were going to beat CIV...(No messing about...no modest speeches about the 'inexperience of the team', or the 'star-studded opposition'...)
The tale has been told of how the confidence in the Nigeria camp filtered to the CIV camp...how the nerves began to set in amongst the favoured Ivorien players...

Whether Keshi's psyching up of his players was the major factor for Nigeria's win is not the issue here...

Its the mentality of the coach being on the same level with the football pedigree of the nation...

There is certainly good reason to doubt whether Rohr is a good fit for Nigeria...
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

FATHER TIKO wrote:I've said it before, and I'll keep repeating it:
Nigeria's record at AFCON condemns Nigeria to celebrate only title wins at AFCON

Any coach who portrays otherwise lacks the requisite ambition to coach Nigeria. Period.

For some of us who have followed Nigerian football long enough, 2 fairly recent incidents are instructive:

...2009, OT International J'Burg SAfrica...the arrivals lounge was teeming with SAfrican soccer fans bedecked in Bafana colours singing & dancing...
I asked a fellow passenger (Kenyan) the reason for the ruckus...He explained that the SAfrican U-20 side was being welcomed home for making the R16 at the U-20 WCup in Egypt...
He grinned at the amazement on my face. "Not every country is Nigeria, my friend", the man said. "For SAfrica, R16 at the U-20 WCup is a big deal"...
Damn, right. Nigeria also made R16 at the same tournament; despite the usual problems (especially last minute engagement of Siasia as coach)
My Kenyan pal had heard about the news from Nigeria of the damning post-mortem on the team...No way there would be any celebration in Abuja or Lagos, for exiting that tournament at the R16...

2 countries...2 contrasting ambitions in football...

The story is still fresh...Nigeria was the clear under-dog...During the lead-up to the tie, Keshi told his players they were going to beat CIV...(No messing about...no modest speeches about the 'inexperience of the team', or the 'star-studded opposition'...)
The tale has been told of how the confidence in the Nigeria camp filtered to the CIV camp...how the nerves began to set in amongst the favoured Ivorien players...

Whether Keshi's psyching up of his players was the major factor for Nigeria's win is not the issue here...

Its the mentality of the coach being on the same level with the football pedigree of the nation...

There is certainly good reason to doubt whether Rohr is a good fit for Nigeria...
Big Oga, I don't know why it is difficult for some of us natives to understand.

In my village after the first guy went to University and got first class ended up being a Professor. We only celebrated Professors. Plenty Master's and PhD holders day. Many with advanced degrees.

But even the small pikins know say for you to be given the big seat for events you have to be a Prof.

Or you will be relegated to dragging seat with traders. :D

Yes, we (Naijaria) has done it before... and we celebrate winners.... not second place losers (Golden Bronze). And as much hate (envy) Naijaria commands in the Continent, we shouldn't encourage anyone who wants to make us accept mediocrity. Even Ghana way never win since 19kpridim dey vex about them not winning the Cup... even at 4 cups.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

FATHER TIKO wrote:

Father Tiko, you are a FATHER, indeed. As the Elders say, you will stay long for us to keep learning from you.

Thanks for the historical and empirical perspective.

Our new mentality is this:
We are in the WC to learn.
We lost to Madagascar, because Madagascar, was the first country to qualify for AFCON
Rohr: We obliged that players plays in their clubs and we have players in good form but we don’t have players in the Champions League like Mo Salah, Mane, Egyptians, Senegalese that plays in the big clubs. We have good players but not stars. We don’t have exceptional players again like the Okochas, Amokachis, Kanus, Taribo Wests (these are super players that played in the big clubs). We don’t have those names so we have to work with our strategies and state of mind with a young, solid, combative team that plays good football, since we don’t have stars.
https://nigeriainfo.fm/post/we-dont-hav ... ayers-rohr
“Stay humble, please. Which of our players is playing in a big team? Which one is playing in UEFA Champions League?
https://www.brila.net/my-super-eagles-t ... says-rohr/

After the loss to Croatia...
“He had Ivan Rakitic of FC Barcelona and Luka Modric of Real Madrid playing against him, and they are of good quality and playing for clubs bigger than that of Mikel who plays in China.

“So, he really did well,’’ he said.
https://www.theafricancourier.de/russia ... rnot-rohr/
We lost to Algeria, because the players were playing for Extra time.
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Maybe they should play like our Cameroonian neighbors.

"Take no prisoners!"

[/video]

"Show extreme passion!"

[/video]

"Never back down!"

[/video]

"And don't spare the ref!"

[/video]

We will never lose a game again.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
It seems the conversation is being turned to comedy.
It turned comical a long time ago when you people decided to allow your feelings to overrun your rationality. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:

My kids will NEVER be encouraged to be mediocre. Not after I have paid good money to give them the best opportunity to compete with the best.

I will NEVER put them in an environment where they are encouraged to be mediocre (average).

And unless they are lacking in capability and ability, I will DEMAND they excel. They can hate me later.
Strawman.
'Mediocrity' doesn't come into it. Where did you dig that one from?

If you've got kids, then you should never encourage that.
But I've got kids too...probably a little older than yours sef.

So I can tell you for free that your deduction is totally flawed becos my general approach is as in 1 (above) and I can tell you without fear of contradiction that my first daughter has just come out with the best possible result any parent could wish for in a highly competitive field.
The second is on track for the same, fingers crossed.

So bringing the 'mediocrity' factor into the analogies is a total strawman.

You better leave Nigeria o.
You're becoming too 'typical' too fast for my liking! :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

Father Tiko, you are a FATHER, indeed. As the Elders say, you will stay long for us to keep learning from you.

We lost to Madagascar, because Madagascar, was the first country to qualify for AFCON
Rohr: We obliged that players plays in their clubs and we have players in good form but we don’t have players in the Champions League like Mo Salah, Mane, Egyptians, Senegalese that plays in the big clubs. We have good players but not stars. We don’t have exceptional players again like the Okochas, Amokachis, Kanus, Taribo Wests (these are super players that played in the big clubs). We don’t have those names so we have to work with our strategies and state of mind with a young, solid, combative team that plays good football, since we don’t have stars.
“Stay humble, please. Which of our players is playing in a big team? Which one is playing in UEFA Champions League?

“He had Ivan Rakitic of FC Barcelona and Luka Modric of Real Madrid playing against him, and they are of good quality and playing for clubs bigger than that of Mikel who plays in China.

Come on now you guys are reaching, Keshi never said that in public, he never said they were going to beat CIV in public so why compare Rohrs public statements to Keshi's private statements? Keshi's go-to public comments are always 'you never know what can happen, its football etc'..., I've never heard him saying things such as we will beat so and so in public, he's very humble in public...Funny enough I've heard Rohr say these things, at the World Cup he said at the pregame interview that we would beat Iceland, and also said we would beat Argentina in the pregame interview, but who cares about these words, its all about the action on the field.

Here is Keshi saying after he won ANC that its not always the best team that wins, that his team was fortunate to be the winner this time around, he's always humble in public:

[/video]
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
Come on now you guys are reaching, Keshi never said that in public, he never said they were going to beat CIV in public so why compare Rohrs public statements to Keshi's private statements? Keshi's go-to public comments are always 'you never know what can happen, its football etc'..., I've never heard him saying things such as we will beat so and so in public, he's very humble in public...Funny enough I've heard Rohr say these things, at the World Cup he said at the pregame interview that we would beat Iceland, and also said we would beat Argentina in the pregame interview, but who cares about these words, its all about the action on the field.

Here is Keshi saying after he won ANC that its not always the best team that wins, that his team was fortunate to be the winner this time around, he's always humble in public:

[/video]
You dey mind the 'pick and choose' squad?

'Anytin can happun. Daz fu'ball" is a classic Keshsi statement engraved in marble but dem no go remember dat one. Instead we are getting highly selective soundbites. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Enugu II
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Enugu II »

Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:

Cell

How is it that the analogy is poor? Why is it? I think the analogy is perfect. He did compete against the best and he did finish among the best. 24 teams went to the AFCON and only the very best medaled. He was one of those. Finishing third isn't average by any definition. Average is failing to get to the quarter finals. That is where the average of 24 is more likely to be located and not among the top three. That is precisely why describing third place is mediocre is just the wrong use of the word.
The difficulties of statistical thinking describes a puzzling limitation of our mind: our excessive confidence in what we believe we know, and our apparent inability to acknowledge the full extent of our ignorance and the uncertainty of the world we live in. We are prone to overestimate how much we understand about the world and to underestimate the role of chance in events -- Daniel Kahneman (2011), Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Winner of the Nobel Prize in Economics
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

"When you pick up a medal in your first major tournament it is a positive sign of bigger things to come. I know with our squad we are capable of winning this competition in the future, and I really want to be a part of that."
- Samu Chukwueze, SE Striker on BBC Sport

"Words are not enough to describe this feeling. I'm quite overwhelmed. We wanted the trophy, but this bronze medal is a sign that the future is bright and we are looking forward to it. It's a great feeling for me and my family. I thank the coach for the opportunity and I want to build on this."
- Victor Osimhen, SE Striker on BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49064368

- "You people are underachievers. Your predecessors won the gold and you are here 'rejoicing'. Anyway, I blame your cowardly coach Rohr.... and that useless Pinnick guy. They should be sacked.
And don't ask me who should replace them because I can't even think that far. Just sack them first."

- Fabio The Whinger, on Cybereagles.com, whingeing since 2017

-"Mediocrity at the highest level. After spending all that good money this is the best you can do? Total failure. I personally blame Rohr and all his underachieving supporters. Oh...and Buhari. My uncle Obasanjo s far, far better and this would never have happened under him. "
- Cellular, Oga At Di Top on Cybereagles.com, fairly recently

"Only unintelligent people would even consider keeping this unintelligent white man here. Intelligent people like my very self have the intelligence to know that unintelligence can never win you AFCON and in fact, it can never get you the intelligent shewens that come to my room and look at my intelligent 72' TV after my unintelligent work out in my local gym where I also buy my boxes of spare ribs from an intelligent businessman located right next door."
- BigPorkey on CE every freaking hour of every freaking day of every freaking year.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

[/video]
Sorry, but you're the one actually reachinghere...

It was reported widely Keshi told his players they were going to beat CIV (don't know why you brought 'public' into my comment; don't know of any decent coach 'boasting' in public...)

Fabio has listed numerous Rohr's quotes here...can you conceive Keshi echoing such words..?

And humility isn't the issue about Rohr...Its his perceived meekness (an absolute negative trait in elite sport)...
While Humility is always a positive (it restrains complacency); meekness (in elite sport) drains all self-belief and destroys will-power...

I pointed out Keshi's mentality in the lead-up to that CIV game to illustrate the requisite mentality in coaching Nigeria at a tournament like AFCON.
Excerpts of a brilliant article by Solace Chukwu (a sports journo lauded here on CE)
His insistence on the youthfulness of his team, while useful in terms of deflecting pressure, betrays a man who struggles to understand when it becomes necessary to seize a moment, to ride a wave.

At the World Cup in Russia last year, his lack of ambition, faced with a palpably weak Argentina side, left a bad taste. However, his protestations just about flew: the Super Eagles were the youngest team at the tournament, and the individual quality gradient might well have been too steep for them to scale in spite of La Albiceste’s collective dysfunction.

How then can this latest disappointment be explained away? It is not so much the result, but the manner of it; as great a side as Algeria is, they do not dwarf their Nigerian counterparts in terms of ability or profile, Riyad Mahrez aside. Why then did it look like even parity against this side was a blight on football, some miscarriage of justice?

The difference, if one is immediately apparent, can be glimpsed in the mentality of the helmsmen: when the white-hot hand of opportunity rests on Rohr’s shoulder, the German recoils; his Algerian counterpart has let it brand his flesh and start an infectious fever in the rest of his side.

Speaking in a press conference before the start of the tournament, Belmadi said, “I am often lectured about a transition period. I put in 100% every day to win the competition. Why wait?”

The contrast between this attitude and Rohr’s could not be starker. For all the talk of Nigeria having missed out on the previous two Africa Cups of Nations, Algeria were eliminated in the Group Stage in 2017, and were beaten home and away in World Cup qualifying by Nigeria two years ago.

Algeria FA president Kheireddine Zetchi, when he appointed Belmadi last August, described the country’s football as “sick”. Yet, it was Belmadi who was eager to seize the moment, unwilling to give himself an out by claiming a “project”, or some similarly airy, nebulous term.

Rohr, by contrast, once again failed to. Against a side which had played 120 minutes and penalties in the previous round, and had a day’s less rest, the fortuitous equaliser should have brought on a second wind. Instead, as Algeria flagged physically, the German dithered.

“Our biggest mistake was maybe looking forward to extra-time,” he admitted after the game.

If ever a quote more aptly captured an individual’s flaw
https://www.goal.com/en/news/afcon-2019 ... 5udyojiakf
- Bill Shankly
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

Enugu II wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Damunk wrote:
Cellular wrote:
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:

Cell

How is it that the analogy is poor? Why is it? I think the analogy is perfect. He did compete against the best and he did finish among the best. 24 teams went to the AFCON and only the very best medaled. He was one of those. Finishing third isn't average by any definition. Average is failing to get to the quarter finals. That is where the average of 24 is more likely to be located and not among the top three. That is precisely why describing third place is mediocre is just the wrong use of the word.
Prof., our history didn't start from when Pinnick got a hold of our NFF.

I am amazed that he is able to get you too.

The target was set low enough for him to meet the target.

Finishing 3rd for Naijaria is being mediocre. Not getting to the semi's is being below average.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Cellular »

FATHER TIKO wrote: Sorry, but you're the one actually reachinghere...

It was reported widely Keshi told his players they were going to beat CIV (don't know why you brought 'public' into my comment; don't know of any decent coach 'boasting' in public...)

Fabio has listed numerous Rohr's quotes here...can you conceive Keshi echoing such words..?

And humility isn't the issue about Rohr...Its his perceived meekness (an absolute negative trait in elite sport)...
While Humility is always a positive (it restrains complacency); meekness (in elite sport) drains all self-belief and destroys will-power...

I pointed out Keshi's mentality in the lead-up to that CIV game to illustrate the requisite mentality in coaching Nigeria at a tournament like AFCON.
Excerpts of a brilliant article by Solace Chukwu (a sports journo lauded here on CE)
His insistence on the youthfulness of his team, while useful in terms of deflecting pressure, betrays a man who struggles to understand when it becomes necessary to seize a moment, to ride a wave.

At the World Cup in Russia last year, his lack of ambition, faced with a palpably weak Argentina side, left a bad taste. However, his protestations just about flew: the Super Eagles were the youngest team at the tournament, and the individual quality gradient might well have been too steep for them to scale in spite of La Albiceste’s collective dysfunction.

How then can this latest disappointment be explained away? It is not so much the result, but the manner of it; as great a side as Algeria is, they do not dwarf their Nigerian counterparts in terms of ability or profile, Riyad Mahrez aside. Why then did it look like even parity against this side was a blight on football, some miscarriage of justice?

The difference, if one is immediately apparent, can be glimpsed in the mentality of the helmsmen: when the white-hot hand of opportunity rests on Rohr’s shoulder, the German recoils; his Algerian counterpart has let it brand his flesh and start an infectious fever in the rest of his side.

Speaking in a press conference before the start of the tournament, Belmadi said, “I am often lectured about a transition period. I put in 100% every day to win the competition. Why wait?”

The contrast between this attitude and Rohr’s could not be starker. For all the talk of Nigeria having missed out on the previous two Africa Cups of Nations, Algeria were eliminated in the Group Stage in 2017, and were beaten home and away in World Cup qualifying by Nigeria two years ago.

Algeria FA president Kheireddine Zetchi, when he appointed Belmadi last August, described the country’s football as “sick”. Yet, it was Belmadi who was eager to seize the moment, unwilling to give himself an out by claiming a “project”, or some similarly airy, nebulous term.

Rohr, by contrast, once again failed to. Against a side which had played 120 minutes and penalties in the previous round, and had a day’s less rest, the fortuitous equaliser should have brought on a second wind. Instead, as Algeria flagged physically, the German dithered.

“Our biggest mistake was maybe looking forward to extra-time,” he admitted after the game.

Thanks Father Tiko.

Glad there are people who aspire to be great. Solace Chukwu captures my exact sentiments. I will NEVER follow in the people that will accept such nonsense. Let Rohr know that some of us are not happy with his countenance and his attempt at neutering us and our swagga and bravado.

He should reserve such nonsense for small African countries like Ghana, Niger, Uganda, Kenya, etc...
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
fabio wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:

[/video]
Sorry, but you're the one actually reachinghere...

No, you are definitely reaching, you are talking about what Keshi told players in private, but you do not know what Rohr tells his players in private, all you know is what he said in public. Which is irrelevant and he has his reasons as far as deflecting pressure off his players etc, however I'm pretty sure behind the scenes he's telling his team they can beat anybody, else what would be the point of playing? Every single coach tells their players they can beat their opponent and sets out to try to get a desired result. The assumption that Rohr is telling his players the same thing he's telling the public is a clear reach as you've admitted Keshi didn't say the same things in public as he did privately to his players so why the assumption when it comes to Rohr?
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote: Sorry, but you're the one actually reaching here...

No, you are definitely reaching, you are talking about what Keshi told players in private, but you do not know what Rohr tells his players in private, all you know is what he said in public. Which is irrelevant and he has his reasons as far as deflecting pressure off his players etc, however I'm pretty sure behind the scenes he's telling his team they can beat anybody, else what would be the point of playing? Every single coach tells their players they can beat their opponent and sets out to try to get a desired result. The assumption that Rohr is telling his players the same thing he's telling the public is a clear reach as you've admitted Keshi didn't say the same things in public as he did privately to his players so why the assumption when it comes to Rohr?
Exactly.
I was about to point out the very same thing. You took the words right out of my mouth! :lol:

There is a forum member here who doesn't talk too much but has direct access to two members of the squad.
He says people are just speculating and posting their feelings as if established fact.
Sooner rather than later, players themselves go begin talk and we go see weytin dem naysayers go talk then. :rotf:
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

slyk wrote:The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
Baba mark that brain settings. Your head dey there... :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

maceo4 wrote:
My bro, most coaches don't 'boast' in public; so that it isn't perceived as disrespecting the opposition...
Nowhere in my earlier comment did I remotely imply that...

No, we don't know what Rohr says to his players in private..
We didn't know what Keshi said to his players in private either, until that one report (before the game against CIV)...

Until, a credible report reveals Rohr actually psychs up his players in private, it stands to reason that we assess the mentality of the team based on evidence of performance on the pitch...

Again, the evidence of Rohr's public utterances are damning...Some of us think that is not humility...
- Bill Shankly
Robbynice
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Robbynice »

Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
slyk wrote:The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Honestly, I think these guys are delusional. They're obviously talking about a different country. I want to win too. But to think that Nigeria is so far above the rest of the competition that IT MUST win is not supported by any facts....not by player quality, FIFA ranking...nothing.
Deantito, its all projection.
By repeating the lie that you are a 'WOWO' with "low ambition" they make themselves feel better about themselves.

You know they say the man that is constantly disrespected at work is the one that is forever slapping and beating his wife at home. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
DEM GO HEAR WEN!!! © Robbynice

We don't all have to serve or even honor the call to serve but don't boo those that choose to honor the call to serve...© Cellular 2009

"I do not think I know everything about football but I have massive experience." - Arsene Wenger
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
My bro, most coaches don't 'boast' in public; so that it isn't perceived as disrespecting the opposition...
Nowhere in my earlier comment did I remotely imply that...

No, we don't know what Rohr says to his players in private..
We didn't know what Keshi said to his players in private either, until that one report (before the game against CIV)...

Until, a credible report reveals Rohr actually psychs up his players in private, it stands to reason that we assess the mentality of the team based on evidence of performance on the pitch...

Again, the evidence of Rohr's public utterances are damning...Some of us think that is not humility...
You don't need a credible report, its simply COMMON SENSE that a coach will prepare his players to achieve a result however he feels he needs to. That they did not achieve the result doesn't mean the coach didn't try to 'psych' them up. That's why I say you are reaching, because you are just making too many assumptions.

If you have an issue with his in game management or his substitutions etc I get it and I have the same hang ups, but its a hell of an assumption to think he doesn't prepare his player before games given that in his pre-game pressers he often talks about watching video's of and analyzing his opponents strengths and weaknesses. He actually has scouting personnel that provide reports and videos of our opponents. Even his players have come out and praised how he prepares them before games, how they study the opponents and detail what they want to do, with everybody knowing their role etc. Given all this its rather unfair to assume he doesn't prepare his players (by psyching up or whatever means) for games...they just didn't get the desired result..and that happens...'izzz foottbbbuuurrrr' afterall...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Bigpokey24
Super Eagle
Super Eagle

Post by Bigpokey24 »

Damunk wrote:"When you pick up a medal in your first major tournament it is a positive sign of bigger things to come. I know with our squad we are capable of winning this competition in the future, and I really want to be a part of that."
- Samu Chukwueze, SE Striker on BBC Sport

"Words are not enough to describe this feeling. I'm quite overwhelmed. We wanted the trophy, but this bronze medal is a sign that the future is bright and we are looking forward to it. It's a great feeling for me and my family. I thank the coach for the opportunity and I want to build on this."
- Victor Osimhen, SE Striker on BBC Sport

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49064368

- "You people are underachievers. Your predecessors won the gold and you are here 'rejoicing'. Anyway, I blame your cowardly coach Rohr.... and that useless Pinnick guy. They should be sacked.
And don't ask me who should replace them because I can't even think that far. Just sack them first."

- Fabio The Whinger, on Cybereagles.com, whingeing since 2017

-"Mediocrity at the highest level. After spending all that good money this is the best you can do? Total failure. I personally blame Rohr and all his underachieving supporters. Oh...and Buhari. My uncle Obasanjo s far, far better and this would never have happened under him. "
- Cellular, Oga At Di Top on Cybereagles.com, fairly recently

"Only unintelligent people would even consider keeping this unintelligent white man here. Intelligent people like my very self have the intelligence to know that unintelligence can never win you AFCON and in fact, it can never get you the intelligent shewens that come to my room and look at my intelligent 72' TV after my unintelligent work out in my local gym where I also buy my boxes of spare ribs from an intelligent businessman located right next door."
- BigPorkey on CE every freaking hour of every freaking day of every freaking year.

:taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
dude stop making stuff up and posting such, not once did i write such :boo: :boo:
SuperEagles

© Bigpokey24, most loved on CE
My post are with no warranties and confers zero rights. Get out your feelings
It is not authorized by CyberEagles. You assume all risk for your use.
All rights aren't reserved