Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg
Re: Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by FATHER TIKO »

maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
No, you are definitely reaching, you are talking about what Keshi told players in private, but you do not know what Rohr tells his players in private, all you know is what he said in public. Which is irrelevant and he has his reasons as far as deflecting pressure off his players etc, however I'm pretty sure behind the scenes he's telling his team they can beat anybody, else what would be the point of playing? Every single coach tells their players they can beat their opponent and sets out to try to get a desired result. The assumption that Rohr is telling his players the same thing he's telling the public is a clear reach as you've admitted Keshi didn't say the same things in public as he did privately to his players so why the assumption when it comes to Rohr?
My bro, most coaches don't 'boast' in public; so that it isn't perceived as disrespecting the opposition...
Nowhere in my earlier comment did I remotely imply that...

No, we don't know what Rohr says to his players in private..
We didn't know what Keshi said to his players in private either, until that one report (before the game against CIV)...

Until, a credible report reveals Rohr actually psychs up his players in private, it stands to reason that we assess the mentality of the team based on evidence of performance on the pitch...

Again, the evidence of Rohr's public utterances are damning...Some of us think that is not humility...
You don't need a credible report, its simply COMMON SENSE that a coach will prepare his players to achieve a result however he feels he needs to. That they did not achieve the result doesn't mean the coach didn't try to 'psych' them up. That's why I say you are reaching, because you are just making too many assumptions.

If you have an issue with his in game management or his substitutions etc I get it and I have the same hang ups, but its a hell of an assumption to think he doesn't prepare his player before games given that in his pre-game pressers he often talks about watching video's of and analyzing his opponents strengths and weaknesses. He actually has scouting personnel that provide reports and videos of our opponents. Even his players have come out and praised how he prepares them before games, how they study the opponents and detail what they want to do, with everybody knowing their role etc. Given all this its rather unfair to assume he doesn't prepare his players (by psyching up or whatever means) for games...they just didn't get the desired result..and that happens...'izzz foottbbbuuurrrr' afterall...
Abeg, no vex...
I think we're on different wave-lengths here, bro...

You miss my point. I didn't say Rohr doesn't prepare his team properly before games...(abeg, read my comment)

My reference to Keshi 'Psyching up' players before the CIV game (because Keshi's team were clear under-dogs) was to point out Rohr's perceived 'meekness' (given his various public quotes where he is quick to downplay the prowess of his team, even against so-called minnows)

My observation is that the performances of his team seem to 'mirror' his public utterances...(if you think my observations are mis-placed, that's your prerogative to think so...we're all arm-chair critics afterall :taunt: :taunt: )

I wouldn't have an issue with Rohr's 'meekness' if his team regularly performed in a manner that suggested otherwise...

At least I'm not alone in that perception (refer to the linked article by the sportswriter Solace Chukwu)
"...Some say football is not a matter of life and death;
I can assure you it's more important than that..."
- Bill Shankly
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
No, you are definitely reaching, you are talking about what Keshi told players in private, but you do not know what Rohr tells his players in private, all you know is what he said in public. Which is irrelevant and he has his reasons as far as deflecting pressure off his players etc, however I'm pretty sure behind the scenes he's telling his team they can beat anybody, else what would be the point of playing? Every single coach tells their players they can beat their opponent and sets out to try to get a desired result. The assumption that Rohr is telling his players the same thing he's telling the public is a clear reach as you've admitted Keshi didn't say the same things in public as he did privately to his players so why the assumption when it comes to Rohr?
My bro, most coaches don't 'boast' in public; so that it isn't perceived as disrespecting the opposition...

We didn't know what Keshi said to his players in private either, until that one report (before the game against CIV)...

Until, a credible report reveals Rohr actually psychs up his players in private, it stands to reason that we assess the mentality of the team based on evidence of performance on the pitch...

Again, the evidence of Rohr's public utterances are damning...Some of us think that is not humility...
You don't need a credible report, its simply COMMON SENSE that a coach will prepare his players to achieve a result however he feels he needs to. That they did not achieve the result doesn't mean the coach didn't try to 'psych' them up. That's why I say you are reaching, because you are just making too many assumptions.

If you have an issue with his in game management or his substitutions etc I get it and I have the same hang ups, but its a hell of an assumption to think he doesn't prepare his player before games given that in his pre-game pressers he often talks about watching video's of and analyzing his opponents strengths and weaknesses. He actually has scouting personnel that provide reports and videos of our opponents. Even his players have come out and praised how he prepares them before games, how they study the opponents and detail what they want to do, with everybody knowing their role etc. Given all this its rather unfair to assume he doesn't prepare his players (by psyching up or whatever means) for games...they just didn't get the desired result..and that happens...'izzz foottbbbuuurrrr' afterall...
Abeg, no vex...

You miss my point. I didn't say Rohr doesn't prepare his team properly before games...(abeg, read my comment)

My reference to Keshi 'Psyching up' players before the CIV game (because Keshi's team were clear under-dogs) was to point out Rohr's perceived 'meekness' (given his various public quotes where he is quick to downplay the prowess of his team, even against so-called minnows)

My observation is that the performances of his team seem to 'mirror' his public utterances...(if you think my observations are mis-placed, that's your prerogative to think so...we're all arm-chair critics afterall :taunt: :taunt: )

I wouldn't have an issue with Rohr's 'meekness' if his team regularly performed in a manner that suggested otherwise...

At least I'm not alone in that perception (refer to the linked article by the sportswriter Solace Chukwu)
Oga, what is 'psyching up' other than just a form of preparing your team for a game...abi? I'm telling you that you have no evidence that he doesn't do this, and I'm pointing out that from what we know he seems to be very meticulous in his preparation as has been echoed by his own players, so why would you assume that he would fail in this part of preparation when he's shown to be meticulous in other parts?

In fact, Ighalo said that it was Rohr that picked him up (pysched him up if you want) after the backlash from the miss at the World Cup. That he spoke to him and gave him confidence and and let him know that he has his trusts in him, that he was getting pressure to not play him, but he believes in him and he repaid that trust by being the highest goal scorer in qualifying and in the AFCON itself.

Lastly, there is simply no evidence of our players being psychologically weak in this AFCON, they picked themselves up from a shock loss to Madagascar to come from behind to beat Cameroon, then they (including the normally shaking Akpereyi) showed strength and fortitude to recover from the SA equalizer to continue fighting and get the last gasp winner. They showed fight to come back vs Algeria, but went out to a last minute goal which gave them no chance to fight back. They were then able to pick themselves up from that monumental disappointment to then win the 3rd place game. So I'm sorry I completely disagree, their play in AFCON didn't show any psychological weakness, so I don't think your assumption that he doesn't psych up his team has any merit.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Abeg, no vex...

Oga, what is 'psyching up' other than just a form of preparing your team for a game...abi? I'm telling you that you have no evidence that he doesn't do this, and I'm pointing out that from what we know he seems to be very meticulous in his preparation as has been echoed by his own players, so why would you assume that he would fail in this part of preparation when he's shown to be meticulous in other parts?

In fact, Ighalo said that it was Rohr that picked him up (pysched him up if you want) after the backlash from the miss at the World Cup. That he spoke to him and gave him confidence and and let him know that he has his trusts in him, that he was getting pressure to not play him, but he believes in him and he repaid that trust by being the highest goal scorer in qualifying and in the AFCON itself.

Lastly, there is simply no evidence of our players being psychologically weak in this AFCON, they picked themselves up from a shock loss to Madagascar to come from behind to beat Cameroon, then they (including the normally shaking Akpereyi) showed strength and fortitude to recover from the SA equalizer to continue fighting and get the last gasp winner. They showed fight to come back vs Algeria, but went out to a last minute goal which gave them no chance to fight back. They were then able to pick themselves up from that monumental disappointment to then win the 3rd place game. So I'm sorry I completely disagree, their play in AFCON didn't show any psychological weakness, so I don't think your assumption that he doesn't psych up his team has any merit.
With due respect, that's your opinion...I respectfully disagree...

Like I pointed out, my personal observation is that there would be little reason to worry if his team performed(even while losing) in a manner that didn't appear to 'mirror' Rohr's public utterances...

If tomorrow, Rohr continues coaching the SEagles and my observation outlined above changes, I'll be the first to laud the German...we all want the best for SEagles...
- Bill Shankly
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

You can blow grammar from today till kingdom come, Nigerians will never celebrate AFCON bronze medal again - you don't need any lecture to drag our people out in tens of thousands to the airport to receive the team when it's time for celebration of something worth celebrating. Everything else na mere academic exercise i.e. mere tori :lol: :lol:
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
----------------------------------------------------------------
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Abeg, no vex...

Like I pointed out, my personal observation is that there would be little reason to worry if his team performed(even while losing) in a manner that didn't appear to 'mirror' Rohr's public utterances...

If tomorrow, Rohr continues coaching the SEagles and my observation outlined above changes, I'll be the first to laud the German...we all want the best for SEagles...

But my opinion is formed based on facts, yours is formed based on subjectivity and assumptions that Rohr doesn’t do something when you have no proof of what he does in private with his players. You also haven’t listed examples of the things that you’ve seen that suggest our players were psychologically weak or weren’t psyched up by Rohr.
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

YemiBrazil wrote:You can blow grammar from today till kingdom come, Nigerians will never celebrate AFCON bronze medal again - you don't need any lecture to drag our people out in tens of thousands to the airport to receive the team when it's time for celebration of something worth celebrating. Everything else na mere academic exercise i.e. mere tori :lol: :lol:
Likewise,all the grammar in the world will convince anybody that the current coach and his team are 'mediocre', 'failure's and 'lack ambition'.
So equation balance. :thumb:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
YemiBrazil
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by YemiBrazil »

Damunk wrote:
YemiBrazil wrote:You can blow grammar from today till kingdom come, Nigerians will never celebrate AFCON bronze medal again - you don't need any lecture to drag our people out in tens of thousands to the airport to receive the team when it's time for celebration of something worth celebrating. Everything else na mere academic exercise i.e. mere tori :lol: :lol:
Likewise,all the grammar in the world will convince anybody that the current coach and his team are 'mediocre', 'failure's and 'lack ambition'.
So equation balance. :thumb:
:mrgreen: Smart but if you look closely enough you would see clearly that your equation is not balanced. Some factors are still holding my people back from the much desired extreme jollifications :taunt: .
*** Every child is A STAR! ***

Only Mister Johnson https://www.amazon.com/Only-Mister-Johnson-Okey-Chigbo/dp/B09DMW3RM9
"A revolution in a personal context, is a turn around of a predominant way of thinking or doing things TO BETTER YOURSELF and effectively BETTER YOUR NATION!!!"
* Progressive Federalism * Personal Revolution * Industrialization *
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:
FATHER TIKO wrote:
maceo4 wrote:

Abeg, no vex...

But my opinion is formed based on facts, yours is formed based on subjectivity and assumptions that Rohr doesn’t do something when you have no proof of what he does in private with his players. You also haven’t listed examples of the things that you’ve seen that suggest our players were psychologically weak or weren’t psyched up by Rohr.
Maceo4, FADA TIKO na correct guy but like many he has made his mind up and NO JUPITER will make him change his mind at this point. Never! :lol:

The RMG crew are held hostage by their feelings which means that the facts are relegated into irrelevance.
We understand the disappointment, but bride wey dem 'dissapoint' for alter go come troway herself inside Lagoon again?

On top of all that, Rohr is staying so abeg leave dem. That one is painful enough for them to deal with.
We all love the Super Eagles but the let down affects people differently and for some, maximum destruction has to be unleashed before they can feel better.
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
FATHER TIKO
Egg
Egg

Post by FATHER TIKO »

Damunk wrote: Maceo4, FADA TIKO na correct guy but like many he has made his mind up and NO JUPITER will make him change his mind at this point. Never! :lol:

The RMG crew are held hostage by their feelings which means that the facts are relegated into irrelevance.
We understand the disappointment, but bride wey dem 'dissapoint' for alter go come troway herself inside Lagoon again?

On top of all that, Rohr is staying so abeg leave dem. That one is painful enough for them to deal with.
We all love the Super Eagles but the let down affects people differently and for some, maximum destruction has to be unleashed before they can feel better.
Your summation goes both ways, y'know...

Nothing we say may alter your position on Rohr too...

NFF shall likely retain the German for their own reasons...

And you're right, the thing dey pain some of us, watching Rohr's team...doesn't mean we love the SEagles any less...
- Bill Shankly
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

maceo4 wrote:But my opinion is formed based on facts, yours is formed based on subjectivity and assumptions that Rohr doesn’t do something when you have no proof of what he does in private with his players. You also haven’t listed examples of the things that you’ve seen that suggest our players were psychologically weak or weren’t psyched up by Rohr.
Facts like:
Having the second worse defensive record in along sides the likes of Kenya and Madagascar, only Tanzania was worst AfCON 2019.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

Robbynice wrote:
Damunk wrote:
deanotito wrote:
Damunk wrote:
slyk wrote:The arrogance and sense of entitlement of many Nigerian football fans. Going by their utterances, you would think that Nigeria has won at least 5 ANC titles. Someone said a third place finish is mediocre. Since Nigeria has more third place finishes at the ANC than any other team on the continent, does that not show that the Nigerian national team is more often mediocre than she is brilliant?
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
Honestly, I think these guys are delusional. They're obviously talking about a different country. I want to win too. But to think that Nigeria is so far above the rest of the competition that IT MUST win is not supported by any facts....not by player quality, FIFA ranking...nothing.
Deantito, its all projection.
By repeating the lie that you are a 'WOWO' with "low ambition" they make themselves feel better about themselves.

You know they say the man that is constantly disrespected at work is the one that is forever slapping and beating his wife at home. :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
RobbyBabs, you are an Arsenal fan so you are used to counting achievements as winning 4th place, selling jerseys, selling out your stadium, being loyal fans.

Winning is a mindset. You can't win if you have already defeated yourself mentally.

I know going into the coming season, you have already set yourself up for the trophy of finishing in 4th place. You console yourself that you haven't spent money like City or Liverpool. Happy that you are ahead of teams who feel and know they are better than you. You were very happy winning 4th place that it became a target. You no longer even dream about challenging for the League. Happy with 4th place trophy, until even that became elusive. You will even rationalize finishing 5th place and claim it was meant to be. That's a telltale sign of someone who has accepted his fate.

You might not remember when you started accepting what the Kroenke's and Wenger set as a target. It became your new normal.
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!
aruako1
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by aruako1 »

Synopsis wrote:
Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
Nigeria celebrating bronze is nothing new.

Olympic bronze
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

fabio wrote:
maceo4 wrote:But my opinion is formed based on facts, yours is formed based on subjectivity and assumptions that Rohr doesn’t do something when you have no proof of what he does in private with his players. You also haven’t listed examples of the things that you’ve seen that suggest our players were psychologically weak or weren’t psyched up by Rohr.
Facts like:
Having the second worse defensive record in along sides the likes of Kenya and Madagascar, only Tanzania was worst AfCON 2019.
At least your argument is not just based on sentiment and assumptions. But the facts also show that Rohr achieved his mandate regardless of these stats.
Super Eagus 4 Life!