Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Where Eagles dare! Discuss Nigerian related football (soccer) topics here.

Moderators: Moderator Team, phpBB2 - Administrators

joao
Egg
Egg
Re: Rhor shows off his Bronze medal..lmao

Post by joao »

Goalgetter wrote:
Synopsis wrote:Since when is 3rd place mediocrity?

Check this out!

"Saying that I wanted to win the AFCON from the start was sending a signal to my players. I wanted to get them in the right mindset"~Belmadi

"To say we have to win AFCON is not my philosophy because we have a young team. We can reach last 4, which is already a good result"~Rohr
Please post a link to where Belmadi said the highlighted.
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

Chief Ogbunigwe jus dey shoot down all the pics :P
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Synopsis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.
Nigeria celebrating bronze is nothing new.

which ANC bronze medals were these?
It was said that Nigeria doesn't celebrate winning bronze.
should I repeat the question?
AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Synopsis
Egg
Egg

Post by Synopsis »

Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Dammy wrote:The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
It's worrying to see Rohr parading a bronze medal all over the place. It says a lot about his mentality.

Dammy wrote:
The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
Chief Ogbunigwe
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Chief Ogbunigwe »

Synopsis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
Synopsis wrote:

Dammy wrote:
The only time we celebrated a bronze medal was in 1976 AFCON, as it announced Nigeria's arrival in the big time. By 1978, bronze was a disappointment and it ultimately lost Father Tiko is job as Green Eagles coach.
Ok, I take it you want me to repeat the question.

AFCON 2019 sweet o
Barren for 37 yrs no good o

New member and Titled Chief, Distant Gunners Consortium.
"This is an island surrounded by water, big water, ocean water."
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

So people are actually comparing an Olympic Bronze medal with Afcon bronze medal? Insanity. There’s a reason why Brazil just recently won their first Olympic gold medal.
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
Goalgetter
Egg
Egg

Post by Goalgetter »

joao wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

"Saying that I wanted to win the AFCON from the start was sending a signal to my players. I wanted to get them in the right mindset"~Belmadi

"To say we have to win AFCON is not my philosophy because we have a young team. We can reach last 4, which is already a good result"~Rohr
Are you saying that things you do not know, do not exist, just because you do not know that they exist?
joao
Egg
Egg

Post by joao »

Goalgetter wrote:
joao wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

Thanks, good enough.
That was a psychological push to his players by the coach, but what would have happened if two or more coaches
had employed the same mental approach on their players? Could we end up having multiple champions?
It is evident that as one can make argument for a loss, so too can plausible reasons for victory be found.
Whether you want to agree or not, football is not an exact science and victory is never guaranteed, else
nobody would bother watching.
Cheers!!!
"We now live in a nation where doctors destroy health, lawyers destroy justice, universities destroy knowledge,
governments destroy freedom, the press destroys information, religion destroys morals, and our banks destroy the economy.”

― Chris Hedges
oscar52
Egg
Egg

Post by oscar52 »

Are people campaigning that Rohr be kept because:

a) He is good for Nigeria and will win medals for us
b)They are afraid the person we will hire to replace him will be worse
c) Others

I am starting to think for some here its (b) and that might not be a healthy way to go about it.
Ekorian
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by Ekorian »

fabio wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

I guess Uncle Damunk missed the above.

Rohr philosophy is what Yoruba call Kpele, Kpele
Except that Yoruba's will say Pele without the K :lol:
GOD BLESS CANADA, THE GREATEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD
Obong
Egg
Egg

Post by Obong »

cchinukw wrote:Let's talk hard figures. Here is a rough profile of Herr Gernot Rohr's aggregate national coaching performance from 2010.

Managerial career[edit]

In 1996, he managed Girondins de Bordeaux to the UEFA Cup final, where they lost to Bayern Munich over two legs, 0–2 away and 1–3 at home.[4] Bordeaux's run to the final included a famous 3–0 win over AC Milan in the quarter-finals. From October 1998 until April 1999 he was sports director of Eintracht Frankfurt.

Rohr was fired by Étoile Sportive du Sahel following a third-place finish in the league, outside of the 2010 CAF Champions League places, on 15 May 2009.[5] On 9 June 2009, he was named as the new head coach of the Ligue 2 team FC Nantes, his contract running until 30 June 2011.[6] On 3 December 2009, he was fired by FC Nantes and replaced by Jean-Marc Furlan.[7] On 21 February 2010, Rohr replaced French coach Alain Giresse at the helm of the Gabon national football team.[8]

He became manager of Niger national football team in September 2012.[9] He resigned in October 2014.[10]

On 22 December 2015, he was sacked by Burkina Faso national football team as manager.[11]

He was shortlisted for the Guinea national team job in July 2016 but was not given the job.[12] In August 2016, he was named manager of the Nigeria national football team by Amaju Pinnick, the chief of the Nigeria Football Federation.[13] He won his first game in charge of the Nigerian national team, defeating Tanzania by a lone goal in Uyo, Nigeria.[14] He lost his first match on 10 June as Nigerian senior coach after a 2–0 home loss to South Africa.

On 7 October 2017, his Nigeria-led team became the first African side to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World Cup after a 1–0 win against Zambia. On 17 July 2019, he won a bronze medal at the African cup of nations competition with the Nigerian team.

Source: Wikipedia

On that same page a summary of his performance since his African national coaching career began in 2010 (About 10 years ago) is shown below:

As of 17th July, 2019

Total Games in charge as national coach = 97
Total of those games won = 40
Total of those games drawn = 24
Total Losses = 33

Win ratio = 41.24%

On a comparison by country please see his performance outlined below:

Based on win ratio

Gabon - 42.11%
Niger - 13.04%
Burkina Faso - 27.27%
Nigeria - 59.09%

Source: Wikipedia

He clearly has a good squad going by the looks of it as we can see from the figures.

The question we honestly have to address is can this be the best that Nigeria could have produced with the talent at it's disposal?

I maintain that it is an emphatic NO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gernot_Rohr
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

And for those that are questioning the celebration of an Olympic bronze in 2016, that is a tournament that involved the Whole World. Gold medal winner Brazil pulled out all the stops to win and rolled out Neymar, Gabriel Jesus and many of their stars. Silver medallists Germany had a powerful squad led by Gnabry and Sule. We were missing Iwobi, Ndidi, Iheanacho, Moses Simon, Samuel Kalu, Awaziem, Isaac Success and several other players that would have improved the team quality. Add the myriad off field problems they had before and during the tournament. They over-achieved and pleasantly surprised us all.
"WE ARE THE SUPER EAGLES!!!"
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

Ekorian wrote: Except that Yoruba's will say Pele without the K :lol:
Ok. Pele, Pele.
Thanks for the correction.
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
wanaj0
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wanaj0 »

Retain Rohr if he will agree to be paid on LOCAL terms. Clueless coaches can achieve the same at lower pay! His record is not even as good as that of PA ONIGBINDE! :)
“We do not have natural disasters in Nigeria, the only disaster we have is human beings,”
maceo4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by maceo4 »

wanaj0 wrote:Retain Rohr if he will agree to be paid on LOCAL terms. Clueless coaches can achieve the same at lower pay! His record is not even as good as that of PA ONIGBINDE! :)
But you know sey if the locals were achieving the same we would have never hired him in the first place...
Super Eagus 4 Life!
Made in the image of God that's a selfie!
cchinukw
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by cchinukw »

Synopsis wrote:It was said that Nigeria doesn't celebrate winning bronze.
Maybe we've seen one too many.

Maybe ar this stage it isn't too much to expect a foreign coach to deliver the real thing..

Maybe it's not a big deal to expect our coach to deliver and not hug failure or 3rd best at every opportunity evident from his speeches to his tactics.

Maybe, just maybe we could have saved ourselves this farce if the NFF did set up a programme of football development as 9ne of the means of taking Nigerian football forward.

Maybe it's not too much to ask our pathetic Football governing body to actually do some forward planning in the wider interest so we can start gunning for titles rather than making up the numbers.
MAGA - Make Arsenal Great Again.

Mind that father made collection of Scifi and fantasy stories
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mind-That-Father-Made/dp/1907652051
felarey
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by felarey »

wanaj0 wrote:Retain Rohr if he will agree to be paid on LOCAL terms. Clueless coaches can achieve the same at lower pay! His record is not even as good as that of PA ONIGBINDE! :)
If he agrees to be paid on LOCAL terms, would you be comfortable with him still being our coach?? :scared: You certainly won't have the same coach. A spiv or part-timer maybe.
"Winning one trophy is good, I tell you. No matter what trophy it might be, you've got to take it.” - Sir Alex Ferguson

ENGLISH PREMIERSHIP CHAMP20NS, UEFA CHAMPIONS LEAGUE WINN3RS
danfo driver
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by danfo driver »

Goalgetter wrote:
joao wrote:
Goalgetter wrote:

Check this out!

The difference! :clap: :clap: :clap: One is a winner and the other is a fooking loser! Kai! we didnt deserve this sha!

This is what I told Bell some weeks ago:
danfo driver wrote:
You know, people always say that when you attack your opponent or speak down in your opponent, it is a motivation for your opponent.

I always found this interesting. In psychology, this is not always the case. Many times, more often than not, when you boast, attack your opponent, speak down on your opponent, you put pressure on your opponent. You make your opponent second-guess his/her ability, you create a situation where your opponent now has to concentrate on multiple things. You include emotion into your opponent's decision-making. The likes of Muhammad Ali, Mourinho, Ferguson and Zlatan have done this for years!

Dont let Rohr deceive you people. Being a coward doesnt mean your opponent will take it easy on you. Look at how Algeria humiliated us. Being bigger than life is usually more effective. Sometimes, it may motivate your opponent, but most times will break your opponent before the game starts!
viewtopic.php?f=30&t=296212&p=5474930&h ... i#p5474930

People simply dont get it. They are too afraid, too meek and too weak to demand what they want and go out there to get it! I never knew a day will come, I will see Nigerians are weak as this! This is ridiculous!

When you make it clear to your troops that there is only one option-- victory! That is it! You demand it from them, tyou . build their mentality to the level where they surpass fear! They surpass pressure! In their mind, its no longer the pressure to succeed! No! Instead, it is the duty to succeed! The responsibility to be winners! and the peace and serenity to take what belongs to them-- the Trophy!

Alternatively, you can tell your troops that if they come home empty-handed, well, we tried. You dont want to put pressure on them! You dont want them to play because they are scared to lose. So, you build them up to accept less than what they are worth! What the fook do you think will happen? When the pressure comes--they break! They dont know how to handle it, they dont understand what it takes to be successful, they dont understand what it takes to look failure in the eyes and say "FUUUCKKK YOU!!!" They dont! Because you have built a team of Lillies, who are comfortable with third place.
"it is better to be excited now and disappointed later, than it is to be disappointed now and later." - Marcus Aurelius, 178AD
metalalloy wrote: Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?
john12
Egg
Egg

Post by john12 »

What a bull load of crap. You’re only posting that now that the tournament is over why didn’t shins post it prior to the tournament? Also, When a coach says certain things to the press he doesn’t necessary means that’s what his telling his boys in the locker room. Sometimes, coaches reduce pressure on their boys by downplaying their team capabilities to the press but in the locker room, it’s “we must Win” (Mind games) overall at this tournament, Squad wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) QUALITY wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) famous players Wise (nigeria isn’t even top 5) then why in the fork do your delusional self think our coach should be terminated for not Doing an “upset”?? Delusionals everywhere
wale1974
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by wale1974 »

Better than Ghana sha :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our minds!" - Bob Marley
fabio
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by fabio »

john12 wrote:What a bull load of crap. You’re only posting that now that the tournament is over why didn’t shins post it prior to the tournament? Also, When a coach says certain things to the press he doesn’t necessary means that’s what his telling his boys in the locker room. Sometimes, coaches reduce pressure on their boys by downplaying their team capabilities to the press but in the locker room, it’s “we must Win” (Mind games) overall at this tournament, Squad wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) QUALITY wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) famous players Wise (nigeria isn’t even top 5) then why in the fork do your delusional self think our coach should be terminated for not Doing an “upset”?? Delusionals everywhere
You need a break....

Rohr team plays the same way he speaks..
By the grace of God I am a Christian, by my deeds a great sinner.....The Way of a Pilgrim
Damunk
Flying Eagle
Flying Eagle

Post by Damunk »

fabio wrote:
john12 wrote:What a bull load of crap. You’re only posting that now that the tournament is over why didn’t shins post it prior to the tournament? Also, When a coach says certain things to the press he doesn’t necessary means that’s what his telling his boys in the locker room. Sometimes, coaches reduce pressure on their boys by downplaying their team capabilities to the press but in the locker room, it’s “we must Win” (Mind games) overall at this tournament, Squad wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) QUALITY wise (Nigeria isn’t even top 5) famous players Wise (nigeria isn’t even top 5) then why in the fork do your delusional self think our coach should be terminated for not Doing an “upset”?? Delusionals everywhere
You need a break....

Rohr team plays the same way he speaks..
Maybe they should play like our Cameroonian neighbors.

"Take no prisoners!"

[/video]

"Show extreme passion!"

[/video]

"Never back down!"

[/video]

"And don't spare the ref!"

[/video]

We will never lose a game again.
:taunt: :taunt: :taunt: :taunt:
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "
omey2k4
Eaglet
Eaglet

Post by omey2k4 »

All of you talking please show the gold medal you have won on any level and lets see what you have achieved. Only an angel* will try to take away what some one has done. its none of you are into sports and know anything about sports but to run ya mouth on the internet.Damn ewus!!!
http://www.myspace.com/donproductionsbeatz
http://www.soundcloud.com/donproductionsbeatz
www.twitter.com/Donproductions

Listen to my beatz^^^^^
Cellular
Site Admin
Site Admin
Location: Nembe Creek...Oil Exploration. If you call am bunkering na you sabi.

Post by Cellular »

omey2k4 wrote:All of you talking please show the gold medal you have won on any level and lets see what you have achieved. Only an angel* will try to take away what some one has done. its none of you are into sports and know anything about sports but to run ya mouth on the internet.Damn ewus!!!
Cellular wrote:
fabio wrote:
The man has being coaching in Africa and has nothing to show for it. Now, he has won something are you saying he should not show off?
:lol: :lol: :lol: But he should.

Did it with a team that typically wins Bronze anyways.

And got the natives applauding to boot.
I guess we should join him in celebrating? :clap: :clap:
THERE WAS A COUNTRY...

...can't cry more than the bereaved!

Well done is better than well said!!!