Cybereagles

The Undisputed Number One Home for All Super Eagles Fans
It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:45 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:45 pm 
Offline

Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:26 am
Posts: 2267
bret- hart wrote:
oscar52 wrote:
We want Naija raised players. All these foreign kids is why our footy seems unrecognizable as Nigeria sometimes.



Dude the reason our football is unrecognizable is because of Rhor.


Really? I always thought it was because of Buhari.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2019 10:34 pm 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59916
Rooney at 18 was already established at club level. Messi was already winning titles for Argentina and breaking into the Barca team.

Folarin is okay. But if he was in Nigeria playing for 3SC. He won't get all of this hype. He is getting the hype because he is playing for Arsenal. There are many players with similar skillsets or maybe even better right now in Nigeria. After saying that Folarin is okay. But let us temper the hype. The next couple of years will be critical. I hope he goes out on loan to a championship side to get senior football experience. Seating on the bench behind Nkettiah, Aubameyang and Lacazette won't help him.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2003 9:22 pm
Posts: 46728
ohenhen1 wrote:
Rooney at 18 was already established at club level. Messi was already winning titles for Argentina and breaking into the Barca team.

Folarin is okay. But if he was in Nigeria playing for 3SC. He won't get all of this hype. He is getting the hype because he is playing for Arsenal. There are many players with similar skillsets or maybe even better right now in Nigeria. After saying that Folarin is okay. But let us temper the hype. The next couple of years will be critical. I hope he goes out on loan to a championship side to get senior football experience. Seating on the bench behind Nkettiah, Aubameyang and Lacazette won't help him.


Names please...

_________________
We have been brainwashed by the Premier League that it's the best in the world. Nonsense. It's the best brand
Roy Keane: ITV 02/25/14

He says that we are currently "brainwashed" into believing that the Premier League is the best competition in the world, and that we are now a long way off dominating the Champions League again.
Gary Neville: Mirror: 12/23/14

I think Spain’s by far the best league.
Scholes. UK Guardian 9/6/16


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:32 am 
Offline

Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2012 7:48 pm
Posts: 12685
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
kalani JR wrote:
Chief Ogbunigwe wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Wayne Rooney

Messi

and etc



name the etc that already peaked at 18


Both of those needed work at 18, they were no way close to the finished article.



Are you minding ohenhen?


He's a mod.


:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

_________________
metalalloy wrote:
Does the SE have Gray, Mahrez or Albrighton on our team or players of their caliber?


:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2005 5:46 pm
Posts: 59916
metalalloy wrote:
ohenhen1 wrote:
Rooney at 18 was already established at club level. Messi was already winning titles for Argentina and breaking into the Barca team.

Folarin is okay. But if he was in Nigeria playing for 3SC. He won't get all of this hype. He is getting the hype because he is playing for Arsenal. There are many players with similar skillsets or maybe even better right now in Nigeria. After saying that Folarin is okay. But let us temper the hype. The next couple of years will be critical. I hope he goes out on loan to a championship side to get senior football experience. Seating on the bench behind Nkettiah, Aubameyang and Lacazette won't help him.


Names please...


Most recently was Osimhen. I bet you if it was Chikatara at Arsenal. CE would also hype him. Chikatara or the Kolanut boy at 18 displayed better skills than Folarin in the local league. But he was playing at Abia FC, so no hyping. They even dismissed him as another local based payer.

_________________
Winners do it the right way.

http://www.weareimpact.com/livebroadcast.aspx


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:33 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:06 am
Posts: 4494
ohenhen1 wrote:
Rooney at 18 was already established at club level. Messi was already winning titles for Argentina and breaking into the Barca team.

Folarin is okay. But if he was in Nigeria playing for 3SC. He won't get all of this hype. He is getting the hype because he is playing for Arsenal. There are many players with similar skillsets or maybe even better right now in Nigeria. After saying that Folarin is okay. But let us temper the hype. The next couple of years will be critical. I hope he goes out on loan to a championship side to get senior football experience. Seating on the bench behind Nkettiah, Aubameyang and Lacazette won't help him.


No one is calling him the next Rooney or Messi, we're justing highlighting him as a potential talent for Nigeria.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:03 am 
Offline
Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 5:57 pm
Posts: 39635
Location: UK
Where Arsenal dey find all these Naija kids?
This Balogun guy and the 'New Messi' Saka kid seem set to enter Arsenal's senior squad like, now.


_________________
"Ole kuku ni gbogbo wọn "


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 11:27 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 23, 2003 12:25 am
Posts: 34303
Location: ßos✞on ✈️ Mo✞own ✈️ Lægos
ohenhen1 wrote:
He is okay for his age. Still need a lot of work

Welcome to Obviousville. How many players his age do you know that doesn't?

_________________
O-Qua Tangin Wann! Die with memories, not dreams.™

© ɹ ǝ ʇ s ɯ é ʎ ǝ ɥ ʇ
" ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Folarin Balogun
PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:37 am 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 25, 2003 4:03 pm
Posts: 25298
Location: The Kingdom
Damunk wrote:
Where Arsenal dey find all these Naija kids?
This Balogun guy and the 'New Messi' Saka kid seem set to enter Arsenal's senior squad like, now.



There is also James Olayinka who recently signed professional contract with Arsenal. Prince go sabi him Papa for Jesus House.

_________________
"For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life"

"If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land."


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Igugu and 27 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group